• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
May I ask why? Celica would work well enough as a Robin Clone of some sort, though if it would count as an echo I'm not sure. Just swap out the weapon durability for the magic attack's being self-damaging, and make Elwind a one hit Exicaliber.

Also sorry but can Mae even use swords?

Is it bad I'd prefer that to what we have? Sceptile, Decidueye, and Maxwell would all be pretty great newcomers.
Robin's whole weight and speed are too off base for Celica, and those sorts of things don't change between echoes. The durability thing is integrated way too much into Robin's design as well, even more so than Marth and Roy's sweetspot mechanics, and Celica would obviously not have those. Also the way Robin uses a sword doesn't match Celica at all, as her swordplay is well-defined in SoV. It's just way too much to change.

Also, yeah, Mae gets swords after promotion. Her promoted class, Priestess, is Celica's base class.

D

Deleted member

So, does anyone here think Sora can be in Smash alongside characters like Bayonetta and Doomguy or would Disney say no to his inclusion due to Smash having characters like those two?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So, does anyone here think Sora can be in Smash alongside characters like Bayonetta and Doomguy or would Disney say no to his inclusion due to Smash having characters like those two?
Nah, the violence in Smash is kept to a comic level. If Sora's not making it into Smash, it'll be because Disney wants him for themselves.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I do agree with those that say Minecraft makes more sense as a stage/assist than as a character (e.g., mostly about the world/crafting, mostly first person, avatar, etc), but I wouldn't say that's passive aggressive--just my view given what I know about Minecraft. There's precedent with Monster Hunter, and when I compare the two, it makes sense for them both. I'm not saying Steve can't be a character--but Minecraft is a series where it would make the most sense to be a stage, to me.
it comes of as passive aggressive because it feels like your throwing Steve under the buss to give your character a spot.
Like enviromental destruction would easily be represented via stage. But do you genuinely think that building and crafting is better represented through a stage than via a character, 'cause I sure don't.
just mentioning them is considered derailing the conversation
That seriously seems like huge over exaggeration.
Which is why I say it's subjective, we only read the posts that we see, and in reality there's a bit of both. All I can say is whenever I come on, all of the talk is positivity about Steve, Steve in all the lists. Which is fine--but it does create an incongruity between the love I see and the perceived backlash that I don't.
I think I see Banjo in more want lists than Steve. Steve might be more common in prediction lists but that's because of leaks.
There's probably more discussion on Steve because while banjo has gotten discussion over multiple smash cycles, It's only the last month or so where you haven't been laughed at for bringing Steve up, so he's something that actually been hasn't been discussed to death.
The animosity between the two microsoft fanbases probably also comes from Banjo fans being the most vocaly against steve, because of the "Microsoft slot" thing and therefore also get "attacked" by the minecraft side.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Nah. They'll likely be fine with it. Especially since the game is E10+

D

Deleted member

Consider someone who's in the game haha
Oh. I was asking if Disney would be okay with Sora being in Smash alongside someone who comes from a hype violent series or a series that deals with serious issue. I imagine that Disney would take issue with Sora fighting someone like Bayonetta or Doomguy in Smash. I know Doomguy's not in Smash, I was just using him as an example.

Last edited by a moderator:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Disney say no to his inclusion due to Smash having characters like those two?
>Disney

Dude, Nomura can allow Sora to be in Smash without Disney's input SINCE Square Enix owned KH characters, and any characters that are from disney is officially owned by Disney because Kingdom Hearts is mixed of FF and Disney. If Disney wants Sora to be in something else, they had to ask permission from square enix to do so. (Thus, this is reason why Disney's Kingdom heart app got rejected BECAUSE square enix didn't like it.

just ask DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon , I'm sure that he will explain about it,

EditL According to Idon Idon , Turns out that Kingdom Heart was created on partnership of Kingdom Heart and Disnet which means that Disney still owns the Sora. I don't know about ownership of copyrights, and was confused about it.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Oh. I was asking if Disney would be okay with Sora being in Smash alongside someone who comes from a hype violent series or a series that deals with serious issue. I imagine that Disney would take issue with Sora fighting someone like Bayonetta or Doomguy in Smash. I know Doomguy's not in Smash, I was just using him as an example.
I imagine Sora's got a bit more in his way than that

D

Deleted member

>Disney

Dude, Nomura can allow Sora to be in Smash without Disney's input SINCE Square Enix owned KH characters, and any characters that are from disney is officially owned by Disney because Kingdom Hearts is mixed of FF and Disney. If Disney wants Sora to be in something else, they had to ask permission from square enix to do so. (Thus, this is reason why Disney's Kingdom heart app got rejected BECAUSE square enix didn't like it.

just ask DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon , I'm sure that he will explain about it,
Okay okay. Yeesh. Sorry, would Nomura allow it then?
Not my fault Sora's in an incredibly complicated licsenceing scenario.

hposter

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of which, Sinistar as an Assist Trophy please.
this would be super cool honestly, sinistar's pretty important to gaming history too as it was the first video game to use stereo sound

BEWARE, I LIVE
RUN, RUN, RUN
BEWARE, COWARD :demon:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Robin's whole weight and speed are too off base for Celica, and those sorts of things don't change between echoes. The durability thing is integrated way too much into Robin's design as well, even more so than Marth and Roy's sweetspot mechanics, and Celica would obviously not have those. Also the way Robin uses a sword doesn't match Celica at all, as her swordplay is well-defined in SoV. It's just way too much to change.

Also, yeah, Mae gets swords after promotion. Her promoted class, Priestess, is Celica's base class.
Not to mention the learned spells are different and she has a signature sword.

I doubt you could even fit Celica on Robin's skeleton without it looking weird.

D

Deleted member

Bowsette confirmed to have a convention.
Oh no, don't worry. It's just another day in the simulation.

DoNWdSGXgAAo5Cd.jpg

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
We should break away from talking about that... that... trend... *eyetwitch* Remember this is a Smash Ultimate discussion place so yea. Granted, there really isn't much to talk about at this time, unless there's new demo footage out of uncommon characters so we can discuss changes or something? Mostly noted, Samus, who I haven't seen much of at all.

I'm glad Pit look buffed at the very least, though.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
>Disney

"Vignocchi said, meaning they've been planning this for about 6 months prior to really getting questions about the products having a merger of sorts. 'A lot of people are confused about who exactly owns Kingdom Hearts, but it's Disney - it's developed in partnership with Square-Enix.'"

Straight from the mouth of the vice president for Disney Infinity. You really would be hardpressed to find a more definitive and insider response than that.
If Sora's getting into Smash, he's getting in with Disney's blessings.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
I'm gonna draw a super crown version of each of the original eight (besides:ultsamus:obviously) now, just to spite you.
Oh no.

OH NO. What I have done?

Please don't make peachette version of Wario, that **** I don't want to see EVER in my ****ing life.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I'm gonna draw a super crown version of each of the original eight (besides:ultsamus:obviously) now, just to spite you.
See now I feel challenged and I already got so many things to make :( Though I wanna see them in your style :D

I mean I'm not opposed to making Super Crown icons... I'm not making anime characters that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom