• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Wouldn't have minded that seeing as Greg's range is kinda poor (all his FEH characters sound the same).
Yeah, I'm hoping he polishes up his different Ikes before Ultimate's release, as I could barely hear any kind of difference between the two of them...

Oh that's interesting, was she Zelda in BOTW?
As a matter of fact, yes! Yes, she was!:)

Long story short, Yu Shimamura seems to have been voicing 'Realistic Zelda' ever since Skyward Sword. I say 'Realistic Zelda' because I'm pretty sure Toon Zelda has a different voice actress.

D

Deleted member

Uh, he didn't say that someone forced Sakurai to pick Cloud.

He's saying a Persona protagonist is more popular than an SMT one, which, granted, is true, albeit a cynical way to tie these 2 franchises together as they're considered different subseries rather than one being a spinoff of another.

Though if Sakurai was aware of SMT, which I honestly doubt he is considering it's way darker than anything Sakurai's into, and wanted a SMT protagonist that represented the flagship franchise, then I can only see him picking either Kazuya or Demi-fiend.
Hmm. Interesting that Kazuya is considered a flagship of SMT.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Hope you like it.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hmm. Interesting that Kazuya is considered a flagship of SMT.
Err no, that's not how I meant flagship to be used. Flagship as in SMT is Atlus's flagship game franchise (well by definition, it'd be Persona, but their website calls SMT that), and Kazuya's kinda the Marth of the series.

D

Deleted member

Err no, that's not how I meant flagship to be used. Flagship as in SMT is Atlus's flagship game franchise (well by definition, it'd be Persona, but their website calls SMT that), and Kazuya's kinda the Marth of the series.
Ah. That makes sense. Every JRPG seems to have their very first protagonist held to the "Honorary First Protagonist Old Man Senpai" standard, so I see where you are coming from. But I think Flynn would be more likely than the Demi-Fiend to be honest.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Also I think Sakurai is Persona (5, at the very least) fan.

He better not have picked Makoto
You mean best waifu?

I kid. Best waifu is actually Kawakami Haru.

Also I've long argued that we'd see Persona content before SMT content due to it's popularity over SMT, and I still stand by that point.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
She has consumed the internet via Inhale Mushroom from "Bowser's Inside Story."
That's an image you put in my head. Thanks for that...
Who else could rep Yoshi though?

Poochy? Kamek?

The Yoshi series is perfectly represented by it's namesake character, Yoshi.
Those two? Yeah!!! Why not?

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Also I think Sakurai is Persona (5, at the very least) fan.

He better not have picked Makoto
I do recall that he enjoyed Persona 5, yes. Especially the menu's UI as if I recall correctly, as it is quite flashy and fluid (quite possibly one of the best looking ones I've ever seen).

I'm presuming you mean Makoto Yuki, the P3 Protagonist, correct? I think he'd be okay, though not as unique as Joker would be of course. I appreciate how much more action-oriented P5 was in comparison to the others, and I think Joker could translate very well to Smash.

He in particular stands out from the other Persona protags in that he not only wields a unique weapon in knives/daggers, but also has a handgun, so he has the potential for built-in projectiles without having to rely on summoning a Persona for them. Plus his "sneaking" animation where he launches on top of the enemy to catch them off guard and then proceed to slice them could work like a Side-B grabbing move, much like Bowser's and Diddy Kong's. Of course, Arsene would have to be part of his moveset, which while not a unique feature among Persona wielders, it is a great looking Persona.

Thinking about the possibilities of Joker's moveset really makes me want him in now; hopefully he'll have a good shot as DLC if Persona Q2 has any potential sway in his favor.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
You mean best waifu?

I kid. Best waifu is actually Kawakami Haru.

Also I've long argued that we'd see Persona content before SMT content due to it's popularity over SMT, and I still stand by that point.
akechi is best. he turned me bisexual

sae is best if we're only talking girls tho

I do recall that he enjoyed Persona 5, yes. Especially the menu's UI as if I recall correctly, as it is quite flashy and fluid (quite possibly one of the best looking ones I've ever seen).

I'm presuming you mean Makoto Yuki, the P3 Protagonist, correct? I think he'd be okay, though not as unique as Joker would be of course. I appreciate how much more action-oriented P5 was in comparison to the others, and I think Joker could translate very well to Smash.

He in particular stands out from the other Persona protags in that he not only wields a unique weapon in knives/daggers, but also has a handgun, so he has the potential for built-in projectiles without having to rely on summoning a Persona for them. Plus his "sneaking" animation where he launches on top of the enemy to catch them off guard and then proceed to slice them could work like a Side-B grabbing move, much like Bowser's and Diddy Kong's. Of course, Arsene would have to be part of his moveset, which while not a unique feature among Persona wielders, it is a great looking Persona.

Thinking about the possibilities of Joker's moveset really makes me want him in now; hopefully he'll have a good shot as DLC if Persona Q2 has any potential sway in his favor.
I meant Makoto Niijima as who he dated lmao

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
I meant Makoto Niijima as who he dated lmao
That's hilarious, because I almost added her into my original post. :laugh:

Yeah, I could never see her being added in as a playable character. I do really like her and Haru though, my two favorite P5 girls.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
honestly the older women, specifically Takemi, Sae and Kawakami, are so much better than the teens outside of Haru.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm noticing a distinct lack of Pikachu.

Or any Pokemon aside from freakin' Staryu.

You wanna go? We can take this outside!
Staryu is an echo fighter of Ryu. Who would Pikachu echo? Agumon? You want Pikachu to shoot electricity out of his mouth? His body type isn't even the same. Pikachu will never be in Smash. **** outta here.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Y’know, this isn’t as weird as Rosalina’s design for Odyessy.

Why was she supposed look like ****ing Marcaline from Adventure time!?!
(I actually like it a bit).
Rosalina is working in being more casual around her friends...going well so far
Ya know, the fact that they were willing to attempt a more Western design for an established character means that Ninty might be opening up a little more :yoshi:
Now if only they made a Kid Icarus sequel and a Tax Fraud game staring Yoshi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom