• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't know people, but i'm feeling like Minecraft Steve is a lock-in at this point
Not really sure how the top point (the Reddit post) is in favour of a Minecraft character - the guesses for Smash are so vague that they could apply to dozens of characters, aside from Isabelle (who seemed pretty likely given that she appeared in Mario Kart 8 as a playable character) and Android 17 in Dragon Ball FighterZ (who had been datamined in FighterZ pretty much as soon as the game came out).

Sakurai playing Minecraft isn't a big deal (he plays a lot of video games - he praised Nier Automata, but that doesn't make 2B a likely candidate for Smash), and Minecraft getting Mario content isn't important either, since that sort of thing happens a lot. (Stretch from NBA Street confirmed!)

Vergeben seems to be the main thing that gives the idea credibility, along with the highly advertised crossplay and the Switch version getting Microsoft skins (did the Sony versions get those skins?), but Vergeben seems to be under the impression that it could just be a stage or assist trophy.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A game, just for fun, similar to what we have done before.

3 Unique. 3. Semi-Clones. 3. Echo fighters. Total of 9. Who will they be?
Be creative in getting your wanted in, wether it makes a lot of sense or not.

Unique; (Inkling, Ridley, etc.)
1. Skull Kid.
2. Isaac.
3. Geno.

Semi-Clones; (Isabelle, Lucas etc.)
1. Dixie Kong.
2. Bandana Waddle Dee.
3. Shadow the Hedgehog.

Echoes; (Lucina, Dark Samus, etc.)
1. Black Shadow.
2. Medusa.
3. Ken Masters.
I'll try keeping it mostly to first party this time around.

Unique
1. Isaac
2. Incineroar
3. Spring Man

Semi-Clones
1. Dixie Kong
2. Black Knight
3. Tails

Echoes
1. Protoman/Bass
2. Ken
3. Black Shadow

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Now that I think about it, almost every Pokémon generation has a playable character.

:ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultjigglypuff: = Gen I
:ultpichu: = Gen II
:ultlucario: = Gen IV
:ultgreninja: = Gen VI

Well, almost all. If we were to get a newcomer from Gen III or V (VII might be decided for many, but you could still choose if you want), who would you pick? Gen VIII doesn't count (yet).

Gen III = Ninjask
Gen V = Haxorus
Gen VII = Incineroar (or Decidueye. Literally either is fine.)

Edit: Try to go with a Pokémon that hasn't been seen yet. Otherwise, I would have chosen Zoroark too!
Gen III = Breloom (Kangaroo fighter similar to Roger from Tekken, would also have a focus on spores and its elastic arms)
Gen V = Hydreigon (Hydra fighter, focuses on using its three heads for different attacks)
Gen VII = Lycanroc (Duo were/wolf fighter, switches between the Midday and Midnight forms, the former has a focus on speed and precision and the latter on defense and savage attacks)

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
So maybe here’s something to talk about:

What top 10 content do you want to see included except roster additions like “I want Banjo”. However, you can include “If we get Banjo, I want ____ music.” You can include content what would come with the roster addition.

1. I want One Wing Angel for FF7 music.
2. In addition, Sephiroth as an Assist.
3. If we get Scorpion, his neutral special has to be his “come over here” spear attack and Kirby has to mimic Scorpion.
4. More trophies to represent the previous DLC 3rd party franchises ie Street fighter and Final Fantasy
5. Customized gear that actually serves a purpose and visually changes the character ie Mario’s Flying Cap which greatly enhances his jumps or possibly Smash-unique gear like a eye visor headgear for Zamus that reduces projectile damage.
6. Roster characters can appear as Assist Trophies (and maybe vice versa).
7. If we get Banjo, Gruntilda rhyme codecs.
8. A Museum mode where we can unlock various replicas like what we saw at E3. The Monado Blade. Ryu’s Gi. Link’s Megaton Hammer. Daisy’s Cruise Ship.
9. Fortnite stage. I think we would hate it but it could work.
10. Interview videos of each characters creator/director and his/her thoughts when designing said character, the future they envisioned for them, and what they thinking about that character fighting in Smash.
Let's see here:

1. Many more alt costumes, even if they're DLC. Give me Great Lord Lucina, Grandmaster Robin, Adventure 2 Sonic, Dry Bowser, Nohr Noble Corrin, Prime 2 Dark Samus, Blood Falcon, MGS1 Snake, all of Samus' suits, etc.
2. Ability to sort stages by series
3. More music from some games like F-Zero GX and Samus Returns, also include neglected games like Sonic Unleashed and Metroid Prime 3.
4. Boss Battles with returning bosses from Brawl and being allowed to take them on with 4 players at once. Kirby and Mario have been doing that for years, why can't Smash?
5. More Mii Costumes cause those were fun and now that Miis are getting heavy improvements I'll feel less stupid using them.
6. If Shadow gets in, music from his game like I Am and Westopolis.
7. Ability to listen to victory themes, crowd chants, and sound effects like we could in Brawl. Also loud and unique crowd chants please, not the barely audible generic Smash 4 ones.
8. Improved RNG so we don't have a repeat of Smash 4's.
9. Stage Builder that gives you way more assets and lets you create cross-series stages, also allow more than one song to be used per stage.
10. Improved CPU AI that don't constantly perfect shield and airdodge, make them feel less artificial and more human. Also don't make them gang up on you in FFAs because that's cheap.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Now that I think about it, almost every Pokémon generation has a playable character.

Well, almost all. If we were to get a newcomer from Gen III or V (VII might be decided for many, but you could still choose if you want), who would you pick? Gen VIII doesn't count (yet).

Gen III = Ninjask
Gen V = Haxorus

Edit: Try to go with a Pokémon that hasn't been seen yet. Otherwise, I would have chosen Zoroark too!

#254 Sceptile

Not my personal favourite Gen lll Pokémon (that title goes to Seviper), I still think Sceptile in sense of Smash makes a lot of sense, and is the better pick over Swampert and Blaziken (who people seem to just want as an echo of Captain Falcon ... Reminds me of ol Ganon to Black Shadow bull**** if you ask me). Now with Charizard representing fully evolved fire, and Greninja representing fully evolved water, to me Sceptile makes a lot of sense.

Gameplay wise he could be very powerful, rapid in some attack areas, but slower than most. Perhaps not Charizard slow, and not Charizard power, but in between. Would love to see more Grass moves being implemented (Ivysaur is thus far my favourite Pokémon in Smash). The Ballot would be the most logical chance for Sceptile to make it, considering ORAS were both out around the time of the Ballot.

#621 Druddigon

You want a true dragon? Also, a character that not only looks like a Pokémon, but also a Digimon? Druddigon is right up your alley.
A great, but different choice for most. He does not have a pre- or after evolution, he is simply only this as of now, which is something that should bode well. Only Mewtwo is of this kind, but even he does have a mega-evolution, which Druddigon does not as of yet either.

Why would he then make a great character? Because of the sheer Dragon powerage. The alternate colours could be well adjusted. Moves would be quite powerful, and he would beocme an exciting new addition to the Pokémon spin, which would also feel like a Digimon.

#727 Incineroar

Did you expect someone else? Too bad, Incineroar time.
Gen 7 is hell to predict, to be honest. Decidueye, Mimikyu, Incineroar, Tapu Koko, Buzzwole and Lycanroc are amongst Pokémon from Gen 7 which are thrown around. We know one of them is out of the running, and with rumours from a lucky or credible leaker, we have some hope of Incineroar.

With that out of the way. Why Incineroar?

Incineroar is the perfect way to represent wrestling/grappling into the mix, which we don't have enough of.
Incineroar is Fire & Dark, which is different. Oddly enough he is not fighting. Could he, because of the dark type setting be a perfect candidate to join the villain team over in Smash? Alongside eventually Mewtwo (because of the Anime, and because of being such a powerful sort of encounter in games), or Greninja (who also shares the Dark theme. SSBWU/3DS did not feature a story, so we don't know if he is good or evil as of yet in Smash.)

D

Deleted member

BTW Android 17 was revealed for Dragon ball z Fighters.. and yes, it's the park ranger version.

Android 17 may be a safe pick... but park ranger version is a little more wild guess...
And shouldn't this post be in spoilers?
17 doesn’t increase the credibility of Steve man. The DLC characters for FighterZ have been known for months at this point.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

1. Skull Kid.
2. Isaac.
3. Geno.

1. Dixie Kong.
2. Bandana Waddle Dee.
3. Shadow the Hedgehog.

1. Black Shadow.
2. Medusa.
3. Ken Masters.
Sure.

Unique:

1. Elma
2. Rex & Pyra
3. Marx

Semi-Clones:

1. Shadow the Hedgehog
2. Micaiah
3. Dixie Kong

Echoes:

1. Proto Man
2. Black Knight
3. Black Shadow

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

1. Skull Kid.
2. Isaac.
3. Geno.

1. Dixie Kong.
2. Bandana Waddle Dee.
3. Shadow the Hedgehog.

1. Black Shadow.
2. Medusa.
3. Ken Masters.
Unique:
1-Silvally (multy type pokemon)
2-Alucard (you know you want it)
3-Lyn (in the ly thread iv'e explained various ideas why Lyn myrmidon class could be a completely original character while not being too gimmickt centered)

Semis.
-Dixie (Diddiy and some Donkey kong atrributes like cargo throw ... the more obvious one)
-Celica (Robin... although her swordfigthing wouldn't be too similar to robin, thus semiclone)
-Tails (shadow IMO works better as an echo with a teleport, tails is more iconic anyways)

Echoes:
-Black Kinght (Ike)
-Impa (Shiek)
-Medusa (Palutena)

3 FE emblem characters????? fite me!

Gen III = Ninjask
Gen V = Haxorus

Gen 2= Jhoto Kimono Girl. (works like pokemon trainer, but instead of 3 originals pokes, she have 2 pokes that are clones of themselves, Espeon and Umbreon) Espeon =glass cannon, Umbreon =heavyweight tank. share skeleton and some animations.

Gen 3= Metagross

Gen 5= Chandelure

Gen 7= Silvally

Non bipedal pokemons galore!

not leaki
in that compilation there is what could be a potential leak , so i think that it could be polite to put it on spoilers :3
17 doesn’t increase the credibility of Steve man. The DLC characters for FighterZ have been known for months at this point.
including the ranger park version? :0

Last edited:

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Based on the confirmed roster so far, who do you guys plan on using when you play Squad Strike? Your choices can include mains from past games, those you consider using in Ultimate, or any other criteria you deem fit. I'll be listing a few variances myself.

For 3 v 3 battles:
Main Team: :ultpeach::ultmewtwo::ultsnake:
Secondary Team: :ultmegaman::ultcloud::ultrosalina:
Newcomer Team: :ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultridley:

For 5 v 5 battles:
Main Team: :ultpeach::ultmegaman::ultmewtwo::ultcloud::ultsnake:
Secondary Team: :ultrosalina::ultsonic::ultike::ulttoonlink::ultwolf:

Newcomer Team: :ultinkling::ultdarksamus::ultisabelle::ultsimon::ultridley:

For my newcomer choices, there is a good chance some of them may become new mains or secondaries, thus shifting the teams around a bit, but I figured it would be fun to build teams in advance. I'm actually really looking forward to this mode, it was one of my highlights from the 8/8 Direct, which already had a lot of great new features being announced. Would be especially lovely if we could play both this mode and Smashdown online. :)

D

Deleted member

Unique:
3-Lyn (in the ly thread iv'e explained various ideas why Lyn myrmidon class could be a completely original character while not being too gimmickt centered)

Semis.
-Dixie (Diddiy and some Donkey kong atrributes like cargo throw ... the more obvious one)
-Celica (Robin... although her swordfigthing wouldn't be too similar to robin, thus semiclone)
-Tails (shadow IMO works better as an echo with a teleport, tails is more iconic anyways)

Echoes:
-Black Kinght (Ike)
-Impa (Shiek)
-Medusa (Palutena)

Gen 2= Jhoto Kimono Girl. (works like pokemon trainer, but instead of 3 originals pokes, she have 2 pokes that are clones of themselves, Espeon and Umbreon) Espeon =glass cannon, Umbreon =heavyweight tank. share skeleton and some animations.

Gen 3= Metagross

Gen 5= Chandelure

Gen 7= Silvally

in that compilation there is what could be a potential leak , so i think that it could be polite to put it on spoilers :3

Yes. There were unused text strings for the lobby avatars of the DLC characters that confirmed which versions we were getting, like Cooler’s was labeled as Cooler (Final Form).

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Unique:

Semis.

Echoes:
-Black Kinght (Ike)
-Impa (Shiek)
-Medusa (Palutena)

Gen 3= Metagross

Gen 5= Chandelure

Gen 7= Silvally

+1 for including Lyn, she's been a favorite of mine since I first played FE. I'm happy she's in the game of course, but three times as an Assist Trophy kinda stings. I would love to see her playable, if only because her katana would lead to a diverse sword moveset (which I'm still surprised we haven't seen a katana user in the roster yet).

I've never played Symphony of the Night, but based on what I've seen of it, Alucard looks like he'd be a fun character if he ever made it into smash as a playable character.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Based on the confirmed roster so far, who do you guys plan on using when you play Squad Strike? Your choices can include mains from past games, those you consider using in Ultimate, or any other criteria you deem fit. I'll be listing a few variances myself.

For 3 v 3 battles:

For 5 v 5 battles:

For my newcomer choices, there is a good chance some of them may become new mains or secondaries, thus shifting the teams around a bit, but I figured it would be fun to build teams in advance. I'm actually really looking forward to this mode, it was one of my highlights from the 8/8 Direct, which already had a lot of great new features being announced. Would be especially lovely if we could play both this mode and Smashdown online. :)
3v3: :ultchrom::ultmarth::ultlittlemac:
5v5: :ultchrom::ultmarth::ultlittlemac::ultmewtwo::ultmario:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm gonna have a big challenge unlocking all the characters in this game. I usually challenge myself to unlock everyone in 24 hours or less, but I have so many characters to get! I'll still try though. Knowing that, what character are you all most excited to unlock (from Melee to Ultimate)? For me:

Melee: :ultmewtwo:
Brawl: :ultwolf:
4: :ultgreninja:
Ultimate: :ultsimon:

For 3 v 3 battles:

For 5 v 5 battles:

3v3s:
Main: :ultlink::ultshulk::ultmarth: (the photo got me)
Secondary: :ultgreninja::ultlucario::ultmewtwo:
Newcomer: :ultsimon::ultchrom::ultrichter:

5v5s:
Main: :ultlink::ultmarth::ultshulk::ultcloud::ultmetaknight:
Secondary: :ultpit::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultsonic::ultmegaman:
Newcomer: :ultsimon::ultchrom::ultrichter::ultdarksamus::ultridley:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
My top 10 content for Smash Bros:

1. More DKC music outside of 57,000 Jungle Hijinx remixes. If I load up Smash Ultimate and see "Jungle Hijinx: Latin Fusion Remix" I'm gonna scream! The Gangplank Galleon remix and DKC medley are good starts. Now branch off into DKC2 (besides Bramble Blast), DKC3, and DK64 (besides the watered down crap Rap).

2. Add another DKC stage that isn't a generic jungle that is VERY loosely based on the source material. I love Kongo Jungle but that's literally not based on anything from a DKC stage/game. It's just a generic waterfall with DK's treehouse to the side. The fact that a mine cart stage hasn't happened in Smash yet is baffling. The most memorable stages from DKC games ARE the mine-cart stages. Probably the reason why we're getting a Mine-Cart ride as one of the first rides in Super Nintendo World.

3. Better/more music from the Sonic series. Yes most of Sonic's games are hot garbage but the saving grace to MOST of them are the soundtracks. Less shortened vocal tracks and more actual stage tracks please! Yes I know it comes down to licensing and SEGA gets a say about what songs are added but please Studiopolis, Ice Cap, Be Cool Be Wild Be Groovy, Mirage Saloon, Frog Forest, Grand Metropolis, That's the Way I like it, Chemical Plant, Sky Deck a go-go, Tropical Resort, etc. Sonic should be the 1 3rd party series to get just as much music as Castlevania is getting.

4. An actual purpose/fun thing to do with trophies other than just look at them and read their description. Trophies have lost their luster to me. It was fun back in Melee because a lot of those characters were getting 3D models for the first time and the internet was in it's infancy so we were less exposed to certain characters and franchises. Also maybe it has to do with me aging and playing a TON more games than I did then I was a kid. But my videogame knowledge has rose EXPONENTIALLY since Melee/Brawl so anything a trophy is trying to "teach" me about a character I already know.

5. Spirits mode to have cutscenes (assuming it's a single-player adventure mode). Not saying they have to have as much as Brawl. But I would like to see some more funny and action packed scenes with these characters interacting. K.Rool, Wolf, Ridley, Ganondorf, and Bowser sharing a scene would be AMAZING! I've been wanting to see something like that since I was a kid.

6. A functioning online infrastructure and more features for online play. This is pretty much self-explanatory. Brawl, Wii U, and 3DS online was hot garbage 95% of the time. Especially now since we're paying to play online Nintendo please, fix your online infrastructure for this game. If you won't add dedicated servers to the rest of your games add it for Smash at the very least. Since this is the game most of your fans are buying your lousy online service for.

7. Bring back race to the finish, classic break the targets where each characters stage is/was based around them, and bring back BOARD THE PLATFORMS!! for the lulz.

8. Have an option to choose between all the versions of Battlefield and Final Destination between the 5 Smash games.

9. Bring Back Smash Run (maybe as DLC) but with 4 player online and everyone interacting on the same map.

10. This is outside of Smash Bros. but make amiibo for assist trophy characters as well. Some characters that are assist trophies that don't already have amiibo (like Krystal for example) I would like to own an amiibo of. Hell the in-game functionality can just be if you tap your Krystal amiibo she is more likely to spawn when using an assist trophy item or even the only assist trophy to spawn.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not to mention the Park Ranger version is a safe pick given how popular and new that incarnation of him is. None of the DBFZ stuff he mentioned would add to his credibility unless he had given out this information literally months ago, before everyone knew who was on the way.

For 3 v 3 battles:

For 5 v 5 battles:

Main Team: :ultmegaman::ultryu::ultridley:

Second Team: :ultsamus::ultike::ultganondorf:

Third Team: :ultsimon::ultdarksamus::ultdaisy:

5v5 Team: :ultmegaman::ultryu::ultmario::ultpacman::ultsimon:

Obviously I'll mix it up some more but that the basic idea I had going for a bit there.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
I'm gonna have a big challenge unlocking all the characters in this game. I usually challenge myself to unlock everyone in 24 hours or less, but I have so many characters to get! I'll still try though. Knowing that, what character are you all most excited to unlock (from Melee to Ultimate)? For me:

3v3s:

5v5s:
Yeah, I'm really hoping the new "Spirits" mode will allow us to unlock all of the fighters in relatively quick succession; unlocking new characters has always been one of my favorite things to do when playing a new Smash game, and with having to unlock nearly 70 of them this time around, December 7th is going to feel like Christmas morning to me. :love:

Anyways, the newcomers I'm most looking forward to unlocking from Melee to Ultimate (my past mains from each game):

Melee: :ultpeach:
Brawl: :ultsnake:
4: :ultmegaman:
Ultimate: :ultinkling: (was a tough choice for me, since they all look so fun!)

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Unique
  1. Dovahkiin
  2. Skull Kid
  3. ...? Honestly, just give me Dovahkiin and put your favorite in here.
Semi-Clone
  1. Tails (Sonic with flight moves)
  2. Dixie (Diddy with ponytails moves)
  3. Urbosa (Borrows from Link/Marth/Pikachu
Echoes:
  1. Twili Midna (Zelda with darkness effects)
  2. Azura (Palutena with water effects instead of wings)
  3. Black Shadow (Falcon)

Tart

Smash Cadet
I'm thinkin' I'll take 3v3 a little more seriously, and 5v5s will be purely for funsies.

For 3 v 3 battles: :ultpikachu::ultinkling::ultrichter:

For 5 v 5 battles::ultpalutena::ultpokemontrainer::ultkirby::ultisabelle::ultpichu:

ofc you have to have novelty teams like team Pokemon, team villains and heroes, etc.

Iridium

Smash Hero
SigmaMewtwo SigmaMewtwo Your post also got me thinking of 8-player matches too!

We can now finally do :ultlink::ultsamus::ultmario::ultdk: vs. :ultganondorf::ultridley::ultbowser::ultkrool:! Or maybe we can try :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultryu::ultmegaman: vs. :ultsonic::ultcloud::ultsnake::ultbayonetta:. There's so many possibilities, and I hope we can at least see some usage of this in tournaments (as side events, of course).

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
You need to look at Senjougahara__Hitagi's post history on Reddit to understand why Steve is a lock at this point.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

For 3 v 3 battles:

For 5 v 5 battles:

Sounds fun.

3v3:
Serious team: :ultganondorf::ultmewtwo::ultrobin - Basically, my top three mains.
Villain trinity: :ultganondorf::ultridley::ultkrool: - Ganondorf and the two new villain characters out for World Domination™.
Psychic squad: :ultmewtwo::ultness::ultlucas: - Mewtwo is my favorite of the bunch, but I do like playing as Ness and Lucas as well.

5v5:
Serious picks: :ultganondorf::ultmewtwo::ultrobin:ultsnake::ultike: - Some of my favorite movesets overall.
Echoing echoes: :ultdarkpit::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultrichter: - Comprised solely of characters with an ε symbol next to them.
It's been a while: :ultsnake::ulticeclimbers::ultpokemontrainer::ultwolf::ultpichu: - I missed having these around (no Young Link because I've always seen Toon Link as a sort of spiritual successor, so I prioritized Pichu).
Villains ×5: :ultganondorf::ultbowser::ultkrool::ultridley::ultdarksamus: - All of them are major villains in their games and most of them have even been final bosses.

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225

3v3s:

5v5s:
Melee: :ultpichu:
Brawl: :ultsonic:
Smash 4: :ultryu:
Ult: :ultrichter: (Or Shantae if she's playable)

3v3s:
Main: :ultsonic::ultdk::ultpichu:
Secondary: :ultduckhunt::ultpacman::ultpikachu:
Newcomer: :ultkrool::ultrichter::ultinkling:

5v5s:
Main: :ultsonic::ultdk::ultduckhunt::ultpacman::ultpichu:
Secondary: :ultpikachu::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultmarth::ultwiifittrainer:
Newcomer: :ultdarksamus::ultinkling::ultkrool::ultridley::ultrichter: (For now)

I'm really just super-excited to try out Sonic, though. I'll see for myself once I get a Switch and Ultimate.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Lets see..,

Melee: :ultzelda:
Ultimate: :ultridley:

For 3 v 3 battles:

For 5 v 5 battles:

For me, it would be:

3v3
Main Team: :ultwolf::ultlucina::ultsamus:
Secondary Team: :ultgreninja::ultduckhunt::ultpokemontrainer:
Newcomer Team: :ultridley::ultkrool::ultrichter:

5v5
Main Team: :ultwolf::ultlucina::ultsamus::ultgreninja::ultduckhunt:
Secondary Team: :ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultshulk::ultzelda:
Newcomer Team: :ultridley::ultkrool::ultdarksamus::ultrichter::ultisabelle:
Mixed Team: :ultridley::ultkrool::ultwolf::ultrichter::ultdarksamus:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

For 3 v 3 battles:

For 5 v 5 battles:

Squad Strike and Smashdown look so much fun! For Smashdown, I'm gonna main Random. I really hope I can play against two or three CPUs, put everyone on random, and see where it goes.

Squad Strike - I don't really have set teams in mind, but it'll be some combo of :ultlink::ultzelda::ultpokemontrainer::ultike::ultganondorf::ultridley::ultkrool:

D

Deleted member

You need to look at Senjougahara__Hitagi's post history on Reddit to understand why Steve is a lock at this point.
I mean, I know this guy's gotten stuff right, I'm just pointing out that Ranger 17 being revealed isn't a huge point in his favor sense everyone knew he was coming. If 17 wasn't Ranger 17 and he got that right, that would be a huge point in his favor.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

For 3 v 3 battles:

For 5 v 5 battles:

3v3: :ultmetaknight::ultridley::ultjigglypuff:

5v5: :ultfalcon::ultmetaknight::ultridley::ultike::ultjigglypuff:

Absolutely psyched for this mode, after playing DBFZ it was something I wanted so bad but didn't consider particularly likely, only time I've literally thrown my hands up in the air at the announcement of a mode. Gonna try so many different teams, but this is just the general one I think I'll go with.

Melee: :ultzelda:/:ultpichu:
Brawl: :ultmetaknight:
4: :ultlucina:
Ultimate: :ultridley:

Untouch

Smash Master
Like the post where he said that we're getting a Switch Plus revision in 2019 with an X2 (Tegra X2 is used in high end graphics cards and electric cards, the only consumer product I found that uses one is a VR headset that costs 2300 dollars).

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
So what are everyone's predictions about when the next Smash Direct will take place? I know this is going to be a little strange (and would probably not happen on this particular day), but I have a theory it may happen on October 4th.

If we consider that June 12th was the E3 Direct and August 8th was the first Smash Direct, they are 57 days apart. August 8th and October 4th would also be 57 days apart! There would be 64 days left until Ultimate releases if we do get a second Smash Direct on October 4th, so in that respect, it would be interesting (an unintentional nod to Smash 64 maybe). This is probably more coincidental than anything, and there is a good possibility of me being wrong with this, but man it would be cool if I was somehow right. :laugh:

Either way though, I'm feeling the first half of October for our next info dump, and maybe we'll get another minor one on November 2nd to tie in with the release of both the Smash Switch bundle and the Gamecube Smash controller.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Yikes this is late.
Everyone's talking Incineroar and Ken and I'm still here thinking there's a small chance that Gardevoir/Gothitelle one could be true.
I'm not exactly gun ho for Gothitelle, but if she's the only way to get Gardevoir then by all means bring her.

It's strange though, you'd think if Gardevoir was disconfirmed, they've of showed her already, considering she is one of the more popular Pokémon. Everyone is saying Incineroar is a shoo in, but I think it's possible we can get Gardevoir, Primarina, or Lycanroc instead. I just want see the reaction when we do.
I'm gonna have to go:

1. Bomberman
  2. Takamaru
  3. Ashley
  4. Knuckles
  5. Krystal

Smiling Blaze is more precious than Classic Tails.

I, for one, love slice of life Blaze in official art.

[/SPOILER]

Specifically the cooking one.
How could forget Takamaru? He would of made a good retro character.

I just find it precious when a stern, stoic, character/warrior like Shadow, Blaze, and Morag are put into a more casual/slice of life position and they actually manage to relax, and take it easy for a while. Blaze is pretty much more than halfway there thanks to Cream, Sonic, and her friends, and Morag is almost there
considering she wants to live in Fonsett Village for a while, so she can see and experience more of their hospitality. I'd wish that they actually show her and Brighid living there after the game, taking it easy, and dressing like the locals, even if it was just a screenshot.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman

For 3 v 3 battles:

For 5 v 5 battles:

Hmm, tough choices I'll admit. It might change from time to time, but for now I'll stick with this.
3v3:
My fellow mains: :ultpit::ultfalco::ultroy:

Badassery Hunters: :ultwolf::ultlucina::ultdarkpit:

Supervillain Newbies :ultridley::ultkrool::ultdarksamus:

5v5:

:ultpit::ultfalco::ultroy::ultridley::ultwolf: (Mains)
:ultpalutena::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultluigi::ultpichu: (Secondaries)
:ultinkling::ultridley::ultkrool::ultsimon::ultisabelle: (Newcomers)

Need I say more?

Yusa

Smash Cadet
Participating in this lil' game, chaps!

Unique:
Nia & Dromarch (XC2) [Most unique rep]
Zant OR Skull Kid [Crazy and well-designed villains, needed zelda rep]
Sora (KH) [Pipedream, mostly for music and the insanity of it]

Semis:
Dixie Kong [Hairwhips, Bubble Gum, maybe electric guitar?]
Medusa (Kid Icarus) [semi of Palutena; Stone gaze as neutral B, some Snake hair attacks, claw swipe for dash]
Haru (Persona 5) [Semi of Ike and Snake lol, i wanted to fit a Persona rep, she's my favourite and the thought of her doing Ike's Up Smash with her axe and Snake's F-Smash with her grenade launcher is amazing)

Echoes:
Impa [over Shiek, bit slower & stronger, still good combo game tho]
Dry Bowser [Blue flames, a bit faster & lighter]
Xion or Roxas [personally like Xion more, but Roxas is awesome aswell]

Edit: Oh, the Squad Strike game's going on too.

3v3:
Alien Pirates
:ultwolf::ultridley::ultmewtwo:

5v5:
RPG Squad (Tank, Healer, Rogue, Knight and Mage)
:ultbowser::ultdaisy::ultroy::ultsimon::ultzelda:

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

3v3s:

5v5s:
Melee::ultzelda:
Brawl::ultolimar:
For::ultbayonetta:
Ultimate::ultisabelle:(I still can't see this icon)

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
Unique:
- Isaac (a man who needs no introduction. Earth and Nature Psyenergy user and agile swordsman, possible class changes with Djinn, Djinn assisted moves, and Judgement as FS.)
- Skull Kid (phenomenal choice of villain and very unique trickster/mage character)
- KOS-MOS (just look at her appearance in Xenoblade 2, you'll thank me later. Weaponized Android character type)

Semis.
- Dixie Kong (The girl with the twirl! Lot's of attacks with her hair and maybe throw in some animal friends! Way more acrobatic and hits harder than Diddy)
- Impa (Mix of Skyward Sword and Hyrule Warriors design with Spirit orb and water attacks)
- Masked Man (Lucas Semi Clone with jet pack wings for Up B, Lightning strike for Down B, PK Love blast from his cannon arm, and many sword attacks for other moves)

Echoes:
- Birdo (Yoshi Echo that spits eggs instead of laying them. Sucks people into mouth with suction instead of tongue. Instead of throwing egg for Up B, she steps on it liek her original game. Sassy animations)
- Twili Midna (Zelda Echo with Twili themed spells, Nayru's Love is like the forcefield over Hyrule Castle, Din's Fire is a Sol Sphere, Farore's Wind is the Twili Teleport, Darknut is covered in Twili markings)
- Medusa (Palutena Echo dark spells with Mewtwo's Disable as a Stone Stare, Celestial Fire work is her Spiked Mine spell spinning upwards and exploding, Auto Reticle is her Eye Beams from Uprising, and Teleport from Uprising too.)

Last edited:

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359
3v3

Main Team: :ultness::ultzelda::ultmarth:
Secondary Team::ultdk::ultfalco::ultwario:
Newcomer Team: :ultkrool::ultdarksamus::ultchrom:
Returning Veterans: :ultsnake::ultpokemontrainer::ultwolf:

5v5

Main Team: :ultness::ultzelda::ultmarth::ultfalco::ultdk:
Secondary team: :ultwario::ultfalcon::ultmewtwo::ultsamus::ultmario:
Newcomer Team: :ultkrool::ultdarksamus::ultchrom::ultridley::ultsimon:
Returning Vet/Thirdary: :ultsnake::ultpokemontrainer::ultwolf::ultganondorf::ultmegaman:

Honorable mentions: :ultrob::ultrobin:ultroy::ultjigglypuff::ultwiifittrainer:

Edit: Yes the jig is up, even though my username is RoysOurBoy, I prefer to play Marth

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So what are everyone's predictions about when the next Smash Direct will take place? I know this is going to be a little strange (and would probably not happen on this particular day), but I have a theory it may happen on October 4th.

If we consider that June 12th was the E3 Direct and August 8th was the first Smash Direct, they are 57 days apart. August 8th and October 4th would also be 57 days apart! There would be 64 days left until Ultimate releases if we do get a second Smash Direct on October 4th, so in that respect, it would be interesting (an unintentional nod to Smash 64 maybe). This is probably more coincidental than anything, and there is a good possibility of me being wrong with this, but man it would be cool if I was somehow right. :laugh:

Either way though, I'm feeling the first half of October for our next info dump, and maybe we'll get another minor one on November 2nd to tie in with the release of both the Smash Switch bundle and the Gamecube Smash controller.
Sometime in November. I doubt we're going to get more than 2 Smash directs. I think in October we'll get a Robin-esque trailer.

BrashCandicoot

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-0606-3457
Switch FC
SW-2362-2833-3327
I've just had a thought, this is kind of a minor thing and isn't that important when it comes to the game, but what stages do you think you'll fight each character on when you're trying to unlock them?

All the Fire Emblem characters could have any Fire Emblem stage but I just picked which one's I think fitted them.

Here's my guesses:

Dark Samus - Norfair
Luigi - Luigi's Mansion (if unlockable)
Ness - Onett (if unlockable)
Captain Falcon - Port Town Aero Dive (if unlockable)
Jigglypuff - Saffron City (if unlockable)
Peach - Peach's Castle
Daisy - Princess Peach's Castle
Bowser - Mushroom Kingdom
Ice Climbers - Summit
Sheik - Gerudo Valley
Zelda - Temple
Dr. Mario - Mario Bros.
Pichu - Pokémon Stadium
Falco - Corneria
Marth - Castle Siege
Lucina - Coliseum
Young Link - Great Bay
Ganondorf - Bridge of Eldin
Mewtwo - Pokémon Stadium
Roy - Castle Siege
Chrom - Arena Ferox
Mr. Game & Watch - Flat Zone X
Meta Knight - Halberd
Pit - Skyworld
Dark Pit - Reset Bomb Forest
Zero Suit Samus - Brinstar
Wario - WarioWare, Inc.
Snake - Shadow Moses Island
Ike - Castle Siege
Pokémon Trainer - Pokémon Stadium 2
Diddy Kong - Jungle Japes
Lucas - New Pork City
Sonic - Green Hill Zone
King Dedede - Fountain of Dreams
Olimar - Distant Planet/Garden of Hope
Lucario - Spear Pillar
R.O.B. - Wrecking Crew/Balloon Fight
Toon Link - Pirate Ship/Spirit Train
Wolf - Lylat Cruise
Villager - Smashville
Mega Man - Wily's Castle
Wii Fit Trainer - Wii Fit Studio
Rosalina & Luma - Mario Galaxy
Little Mac - Boxing Ring
Greninja - Prism Tower/Kalos Pokémon League
Mii's - Find Mii/Tomodachi Life (if unlockable)
Palutena - Palutena's Temple
Pac-Man - Pac-Land
Robin - Arena Ferox
Shulk - Gaur Plain
Bowser Jr. - Delfino Plaza
Duck Hunt - Duck Hunt (lol)
Ryu - Suzaku Castle
Cloud - Midgar
Corrin - Coliseum
Bayonetta - Umbra Clock Tower
Inkling - Moray Towers
Ridley - Frigate Orpheon
Simon - Dracula's Castle
Richter - Dracula's Castle
King K. Rool - Kongo Falls
Isabelle - Town and City

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I've just had a thought, this is kind of a minor thing and isn't that important when it comes to the game, but what stages do you think you'll fight each character on when you're trying to unlock them?

All the Fire Emblem characters could have any Fire Emblem stage but I just picked which one's I think fitted them.

Here's my guesses:

Dark Samus - Norfair
Luigi - Luigi's Mansion (if unlockable)
Ness - Onett (if unlockable)
Captain Falcon - Port Town Aero Dive (if unlockable)
Jigglypuff - Saffron City
Peach - Peach's Castle
Daisy - Princess Peach's Castle
Bowser - Mushroom Kingdom
Ice Climbers - Summit
Sheik - Gerudo Valley
Zelda - Temple
Dr. Mario - Mario Bros.
Pichu - Pokémon Stadium
Falco - Corneria
Marth - Castle Siege
Lucina - Coliseum
Young Link - Great Bay
Ganondorf - Bridge of Eldin
Mewtwo - Pokémon Stadium
Roy - Castle Siege
Chrom - Arena Ferox
Mr. Game & Watch - Flat Zone X
Meta Knight - Halberd
Pit - Skyworld
Dark Pit - Reset Bomb Forest
Zero Suit Samus - Brinstar
Wario - WarioWare, Inc.
Snake - Shadow Moses Island
Ike - Castle Siege
Pokémon Trainer - Pokémon Stadium 2
Diddy Kong - Jungle Japes
Lucas - New Pork City
Sonic - Green Hill Zone
King Dedede - Fountain of Dreams
Olimar - Distant Planet/Garden of Hope
Lucario - Spear Pillar
R.O.B. - Wrecking Crew/Balloon Fight
Toon Link - Pirate Ship/Spirit Train
Wolf - Lylat Cruise
Villager - Smashville
Mega Man - Wily's Castle
Wii Fit Trainer - Wii Fit Studio
Rosalina & Luma - Mario Galaxy
Little Mac - Boxing Ring
Greninja - Prism Tower/Kalos Pokémon League
Mii's - Find Mii/Tomodachi Life (if unlockable)
Palutena - Palutena's Temple
Pac-Man - Pac-Land
Robin - Arena Ferox
Shulk - Gaur Plain
Bowser Jr. - Delfino Plaza
Duck Hunt - Duck Hunt (lol)
Ryu - Suzaku Castle
Cloud - Midgar
Corrin - Coliseum
Bayonetta - Umbra Clock Tower
Inkling - Moray Towers
Ridley - Frigate Orpheon
Simon - Dracula's Castle
Richter - Dracula's Castle
King K. Rool - Kongo Falls
Isabelle - Town and City
Swap Ridley and Dark Samus’ stages, Norfair is where Ridley’s Lair is located and Frigate Orpheon is the only Prime stage which Dark Samus hails from (though she only appeared in Prime 2 & 3, not 1).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom