• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Guys, Plot twist. What if the Leaker is being Legit and Tried to make it as Fake as possible?
Remember "Disablad"?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, I was actually looking at a low res version of the pic, it looks better than I initially thought. You can also actually see Ken's render... somewhat.
download9d782f32_ed_2f0_2fPictures_2fScreenshots_2fScreenshot_20180921-131418.png

I still think it's super convenient it's the only one not clearly visible and want to see a clearer picture though, but the fact it's Pichu and Ivysaur in the pic leans me more toward #TeamReal

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
The Pichu ear thing is something that could easily just be changed between internal revisions. That being said, color me skeptical. Something about this Ken doesn't look quite right. I mean, Ken is definitely in the game, but that doesn't mean this screenshot is necessarily real.

D

Deleted member

Okay, if anything, thank god they resized Pichu, because fighting him in Melee because of his size was an absolute ***** LMAO
But yeah, it's weird that Pichu's render has his ear cut off, when it should've been there in the first place. I ain't holding my breath just yet. I'd rather get absolute 100% confirmation with my own eyes before I call it real.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
incineroar wasn't always expected. before vergeben said anything people thought decidueye was the most likely
I’m saying he always had a foot in the door and no not everyone thought that. There were plenty of detractors.

I’m not saying people thought he was a lock.

Untouch

Smash Master
Yeah it's fake.

They copied the render from the E3 footage, the ear is cut off at exactly the same position when the picture is zoomed in. (It isn't cut off before the zoom in btw)
ByFXP[1].jpg

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Even with Ken possibly being leaked, that won’t change my hopes and dreams of Shadow, Viridi/Medusa, Lara Croft, and Shantae joining Smash

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ok, I was actually looking at a low res version of the pic, it looks better than I initially thought. You can also actually see Ken's render... somewhat.
View attachment 165895
I still think it's super convenient it's the only one not clearly visible and want to see a clearer picture though, but the fact it's Pichu and Ivysaur in the pic leans me more toward #TeamReal
That Render looks a bit like Ryu's But Photoshopped

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
The only way this end fake is that Ken is an assist trophy and the portraits were put there after taking teh screen, but that ken is in that game doing game stuff.... Since it have a debug menu.. there is a small chance that the inconsistency on teh portraits are because different portraits and portraits features are being tested as a way of polish... although honestly the only way an image with debug menu to be printed would be like an internal document :S...

Maybe is a leak on purpose to flush out potential leakers? DX I mean... we all knew that ken was happening...

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Everything seems way too real to be photoshopped, but that Pichu ear may have completely debunked it.

However I also think it's highly possible for it to be a different build, as this kind of stuff has been shown to change between builds previously (Sm4sh was using Brawl renders for BPs in earlier builds), this seems like no exception so it doesn't necessarily deconfirm, but it definitely casts some doubt. Guess we'll see.

D

Deleted member

LOL, Of course it's proved fake the second I believe it's real.

Oh well, moving on.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tbh when I looked at that pic of Ken with Ivysaur, :ultpacman: and :ultpichu:I thought the shading on Ken’s model was a bit...off compared to the other 3

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Yeah it's fake.

They copied the render from the E3 footage, the ear is cut off at exactly the same position when the picture is zoomed in. (It isn't cut off before the zoom in btw)
View attachment 165897

Actually there's a little less shown than that in the Ken leak if my eyes are not deceiving me...
Regardless, I think it's possible this is still real.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Also that doesn't TOTALLY look like pichu's shadow, though that could just be the stage. I don't think this is a deconfirmation but...
ByG6b[1].jpg

If the ear thing isn't just some odd change they made in development, It could have been a demo picture where Pichu was edited in and Ryu was edited to look like Ken. Pichu is the only character of the 4 (besides Ken) that wasn't in the demo.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah it's fake.

View attachment 165897
Ehh... this is not enough to convince me that it is fake. Though I gotta wonder if Pichu's render had been updated for this debug Ken screen, sorta like Palutena's updated render. I'm not too into with the technical stuff though, maybe a more thorough explanation will help me understand it clearly.

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
I'm like 90% real now.

Pichu's ear being cut by no means kills it. It's entirely possible they may have felt the ear stretched too far out of the box during development and it keeps the icon within a reasonable size. The idea he'd go through the trouble of finding the Pichu render in gameplay, then cropping it from how it actually looks in game is absolutely mental. There's making mistakes and then there's intentionally busting your own kneecaps. It's a notable detraction, but not a death blow.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
today's the daaaayyyyy
Did the ESRB leaker for 4 announce in advance when the videos would be posted or did they just spontaneously appear? Cause if it’s the latter I’d say this guy who claimed he’ll post videos today is bluffing (as to be expected).

Remember the Agnès leaker claiming to have video?

Last edited:

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
Yeah it's fake.

View attachment 165897
its not cut at the exact position of the zoom but thats definitely fishy

that pic zoom has less ear cut off

Last edited:

Chrono.

Not a huge loss if its fake, Ken is kinda inevitable regardless.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just saying, the whole "confirmed fake because of Pichu's render" reminds me a whole lot of "confirmed fake because of Wario's pupil."

I'm not 100% Team Real yet because of the Palutena leak, but I am leaning towards it.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I guess it doesn't completely deconfirm it, but it is odd. If it's real, I expect more images to pop up soon

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Yeah it's fake.

View attachment 165897
This doesn't work. Look at the right ear, the leak has more black on the ear than this one does. Honestly think we are trying to spot a coincidence.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Do we have another pic of Pichu's mugshot thing that shows more of his ear?

For all we know Pichu's ear is cut off there

Potato_

Smash Lord
I'm like 90% real now.

Pichu's ear being cut by no means kills it. It's entirely possible they may have felt the ear stretched too far out of the box during development and it keeps the icon within a reasonable size. The idea he'd go through the trouble of finding the Pichu render in gameplay, then cropping it from how it actually looks in game is absolutely mental. There's making mistakes and then there's intentionally busting your own kneecaps. It's a notable detraction, but not a death blow.
Fair enough, this is a good point. IS there any other gameplay of Pichu taunting like that BESIDES the Everyone Is Here trailer? That would probably help to see if he edited from that or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom