• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
Here's a little game. Imagine the Smash roster you would dislike the most! Please only have the list contain newcomers and none that we already know of. And obviously, don't use characters you want, and try to refrain from using characters you're neutral on. Use characters you explicitly want to never be in a Smash game. Last catch is that the fighters still have to all be video game characters. Here's mine:

Sora
Shantae
Freddy Fazbear
Jeanne (Bayonetta Echo Fighter)
Bubsy
Agnès
Rex & Pyra

Please note I do not intend to insult anybody who likes and/or wants any of these characters!
Tidus
Tails (or any Sonic character really)
Adam Malkovich
Jak & Daxter
Booker DeWitt
Bandana Dee

Shroob

Sup?
Untitled.png

Yeah, the GBF character wouldn't be base roster by the sound of it.

It's pretty reasonable to assume that Smash is 99% complete at this point and that the team is working on DLC characters/acquiring rights to DLC.

I don't think this is legit, but if Steve? gets in, then we'll talk Granblue.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
You've managed to give me nightmares about EA being involved in Smash... even though that's impossible.... ew...
EA: Hey everyone, who wants more costumes/accessories for Smash?

All of us: WE DO!:)

EA: Cool! Enjoy! :chuckle: *maniacal laughter as loot boxes are dropped everywhere*

Loot Crate: Feed us money for (low) chance at nabbing good gear :demon:

All of us: *holds each other; whimpering*
After going through Fire Emblem Heroes and Grand Order, I doubt you want to deal with Granblue Fantasy too. Well, to your wallet's/patience's luck, Granblue isn't out in English.
There's suppose to be one coming out on PS4 too.

Untouch

Smash Master
I ask again, how would they even know what talks are going down between cygames and nintendo?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
View attachment 165768

Yeah, the GBF character wouldn't be base roster by the sound of it.

It's pretty reasonable to assume that Smash is 99% complete at this point and that the team is working on DLC characters/acquiring rights to DLC.

I don't think this is legit, but if Steve? gets in, then we'll talk Granblue.
Well, at the very least, I'm glad the new leaker is a Monogatari character.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Here's a little game. Imagine the Smash roster you would dislike the most! Please only have the list contain newcomers and none that we already know of. And obviously, don't use characters you want, and try to refrain from using characters you're neutral on. Use characters you explicitly want to never be in a Smash game. Last catch is that the fighters still have to all be video game characters. Here's mine:

Sora
Shantae
Freddy Fazbear
Bubsy
Agnès
Rex & Pyra

Please note I do not intend to insult anybody who likes and/or wants any of these characters!
I don't really go lower than neutral, but to entertain this some of my least wanted are.
Geno
Rayman
Hades (KIU)
Sylux
Pyra
Non-echo Mother character except Porky in a mech

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I want Min Min as the ARMS rep, and I'm afraid that Twintelle would steal the spot, just because she is the most popular ARMS Character... (She's only popular for... You know...)
You truly making be sad smashing ramen.

I could say rhythm Heaven is only population because it's a rhythm based game. And I'd probably be right.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed that there hasn't been a lot of fake picture leaks lately. We had a week of like 5 of them but they're all gone now, what happened? Did the fake leakers give up now?
I guess so, I’m pretty glad that there hasn’t been any pic or video leak of the game it’s self for the past like months. Sure we only have Text Leaks but I think it’s a huge improvement so far for Nintendo to be sure no one does anything rash like what happen with ESRB...

But all those silly fuzzy pictures we’ve been getting are just plain terrible quality so I guess they did give up for now.

Shroob

Sup?
Wait wtf I'm out of tbe loop here why is a Granblue character even being ****ing consider?

You guys are ****ing dumb
Nintendo owns 5% of stock in Cygames and Cygames is making Dragalia Lost.

It's not that much of a stretch considering how big Granblue is in Japan.

Is it likely? Hell no.

But it's not impossible.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wait wtf I'm out of tbe loop here why is a Granblue character even being ****ing consider?

You guys are ****ing dumb
I can't make sense of it either.

Can someone catch me up?
Is it like that Isabelle=Dante thing or the BOX?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yeah, I myself was going to say that when it comes to leakers, if they say "Sakurai was thinking this" or "They negotiated for a character but couldn't get them" it's almost immediately bull****. The reason for this is, well, obvious.

To think that some dude would know the inner workings or anything close to what is going on during contract negotiations between companies for the most anticipated title for the Switch this year, if not the next 2 years with DLC, is downright bizarre.

Not to mention, if he's already backtracking that's never a good sign.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh I saw papagenos papagenos thing on spirit mode leak to in a way take the place of stickers/trophys

Saddens me I can’t see this leak for myself and get info why he believes this one is correct

The only hint he gave is that this leaker said agree with Vergeben on incineroar, ken and Isabelle

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yeah, I myself was going to say that when it comes to leakers, if they say "Sakurai was thinking this" or "They negotiated for a character but couldn't get them" it's almost immediately bull****. The reason for this is, well, obvious.

To think that some dude would know the inner workings or anything close to what is going on during contract negotiations between companies for the most anticipated title for the Switch this year, if not the next 2 years with DLC, is downright bizarre.

Not to mention, if he's already backtracking that's never a good sign.
Then I have to ask-and I absolutely don't mean to be rude-why are we considering the SE rep could be DLC?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
You truly making be sad smashing ramen.

I could say rhythm Heaven is only population because it's a rhythm based game. And I'd probably be right.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you.. I literally said in my post that wasn't intending to offend anyone...So, If I offended you... Sorry about that...:facepalm:

Last edited:

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
Personally I was always thought Isabelle always was the second safest bet (behind Inkling).
Had her at 90% before reveal of echoes, which boosted her 99%. the last percentage being sakurai deciding she's too peaceful.
Timing meant popularity wouldn't matter for the gen 7 pokemon, and in japan the opinon on the gen 7 starter differ (Deciueye is the least popular fully evolved ones). Both Decidueye and and Incineroar screams of personality and moveset potential, and honestly Sakurai seems like someone that would prefer the wrestler cat to archer bird.
I would argue that hadn't he leaked it before that, people would have predicted Simon after Snake's return and Bomberman disconfirmation.
That's true, but the leak was pre-E3.

D

Deleted member

Well, I just quit Discord.

To say it was a dumpster fire would be an understatement.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Then I have to ask-and I absolutely don't mean to be rude-why are we considering the SE rep could be DLC?
There's a key difference here. I'll elaborate though, because it's not necessarily clear.

This particular leaker is specifically saying that "they're in negotiations" for a particular character. Now they're saying, "Eh, well it might not happen, I can't say". This equates to a gigantic, steaming pile of absolutely nothing. Again, most leakers are play-testers or wouldn't know who was being negotiated for.

With the Square Enix character, leakers know of the existence of the character, but not the identity (apparently). If this is the case, then it could (I can't say for sure because I don't have the information to say it) mean that it's not only top secret as to who it is, but that it also is being held off for a bigger reveal.

In addition, only one source that Verg has knows of it, or at least claims there is one. This source is considered trustworthy, as it's the source that leaked Simon, Ridley, etc... It's entirely possible that this particular person has different information or access than the other two leakers. May seem like a stretch, but at the same time...nobody is claiming to know of negotiations of two companies for Smash characters, except for this new guy who is already backtracking a main pillar to his "Smash information".

I know it doesn't seem like there's a huge difference, but it comes off in the way the information is shared.

Untouch

Smash Master
SE rep could have already started development, Vergeben sounds like he KNOWS who it is already so the contract details would already be filed.
On the other hand, leaking contract deals underway is illegal, it is corporate espionage.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'm gonna bank on a Smash Direct at the VERY, VERY beginning of November, to give the dev team at least a month away to promote the game from release and before people get their hands on it. Maybe on the 1st or 2nd.

In the end, we just need a Direct before a month of release to prevent any spoilers.
This is a realistic prediction imo.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
There's a key difference here. I'll elaborate though, because it's not necessarily clear.

This particular leaker is specifically saying that "they're in negotiations" for a particular character. Now they're saying, "Eh, well it might not happen, I can't say". This equates to a gigantic, steaming pile of absolutely nothing. Again, most leakers are play-testers or wouldn't know who was being negotiated for.

With the Square Enix character, leakers know of the existence of the character, but not the identity (apparently). If this is the case, then it could (I can't say for sure because I don't have the information to say it) mean that it's not only top secret as to who it is, but that it also is being held off for a bigger reveal.

In addition, only one source that Verg has knows of it, or at least claims there is one. This source is considered trustworthy, as it's the source that leaked Simon, Ridley, etc... It's entirely possible that this particular person has different information or access than the other two leakers. May seem like a stretch, but at the same time...nobody is claiming to know of negotiations of two companies for Smash characters, except for this new guy who is already backtracking a main pillar to his "Smash information".

I know it doesn't seem like there's a huge difference, but it comes off in the way the information is shared.
Interesting. I just need my Geno :"/

MainJPW

M.T.A
:ultisabelle:
I'm torn.
Incidentally, Sonic and friends showed up in one of the Virtua Striker games once.
Who could forget seeing Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, large-sized Chao and Eggman playing just regular old soccer with regular old people?

Now if he said Virtua Striker instead of FIFA...I'd still question the suggestion.

And Bean was in Virtua Striker 2. Alone...for some reason.

Mario Strikers but with characters in Smash sounds like fun.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Minecraft and Granblue Fantasy being added would mean more of the fan-made "rules" being broken and I'm all for that.

I mean, just a few years ago, Sakurai explicitly told Ridley would be impossible to add, yet here we are.
He did say difficult, not impossible. Now I'm not saying that Sakurai doesn't change his mind on things sometimes but he never actually ruled out the possibility of Ridley 100%, he just said he would be a lot of work and thought Ridley was better fit as a boss fight.

Iridium

Smash Hero
The r/Smash discord.
It was GameFaqs cancer fused with Skype.
YouTube isn't any better either. I already see people calling characters OP and trash, as well as players, when the game isn't even out. I'll just say some of the community does not represent us all very well.

Shroob

Sup?
What's a granblue and why do people think it has a shot in Smash?
Big mobile game in Japan.

Nintendo owns 5% stock in its company.

Its company is making Dragalia Lost for Nintendo.

It's getting a PS4 game by Platinum.

It'll be DLC if anything, but it's not even that likely.

P.Kat

Smash Champion

Sora
Shantae
Freddy Fazbear
Bubsy
Agnès
Rex & Pyra

Please note the disclaimer in green above refers to me too, thank you.

*sigh* Here I go:

Geno
Skull Kid
Steve
Freddy Fazbear
Porky
Incineroar
Any, and all slow heavyweight characters

*roar of an angry mob incoming*

Yep... I knew this was my fate *arms outstretched, accepting whatever comes, while 'In the Arms of an Angel' plays*

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
YouTube isn't any better either. I already see people calling characters OP and trash, as well as players, when the game isn't even out. I'll just say some of the community does not represent us all very well.
Every fandom has its bad eggs but that's just to be expected now which honestly is ****ing digusting why are people like this why do they gain from it.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
this place isn't any better as well
Yeah, especially not with all the people here cursing at folks they disagree with. ****'s terrible.
:4pacman:

The r/Smash discord.
It was GameFaqs cancer fused with Skype.
I don't join large populated Discord servers because it ends up being that way with enough people and enough polarized opinions.

I'd like to eventually run one for Smash Ultimate but it's probably not worth the effort haha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom