• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Haha, I can’t even find any good leaks on fireden anymore :c

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Because I'm bored as hell here's my delusional Ultimate roster which is objectively good.
Everyone confirmed so far with these extra characters
:ultbayonetta:Rodin, Jeanne and Balder
:ultcloud:Terra, Tifa, Cecil and Gilgamesh
:ultdk:Dixie and Cranky
:ultkirby:Bandana Dee, Marx, Dark Meta Knight, Galacta Knight and Daroach
:ultlink:Skull Kid, Ghirahim, Tingle and Beast Ganon
:ultmario:Paper Mario, Nabbit and Vivian
:ultmarth:Sheeda, Lyn, Hector, Alm and Celica
:ultmegaman:Proto Man, Bass, Zero and Vile
:ultness:Kumatora, Masked Man and Porky
:ultpikachu:Incineroar, Gengar, Aggron, Sableye, Genesect, Darkrai and Zoroark
:ultpit:Viridi, Medusa and Hades
:ultryu:Ken, Chun Li, Akuma, Bison, Dudley, Poison and Rashid
:ultsamus:Anthony Higgs, Rhundas and Sylux
:ultshulk:Melia, Reyn, Dunban, Riki and Elma
:ultsimon:Maria, Alucard, Soma and Shanoa
:ultsnake:MGR Raiden
:ultsonic:Shadow, Eggman, Blaze, Omega and Metal Sonic
:ultvillager:Tom Nook
:ultwario:Ashley and Captain Syrup
NEW FRANCHISES!
Isaac and Felix from Golden Sun
Starfy
Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Twintelle and Dr, Coyle from ARMS
Takamaru from Marasume Castle
Excitbike
Mach Rider
Wonder Red from Wonderful 101
Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western
Bomberman
Kazuma Kiryu and Goro Majima from Yakuza
Dante, Vergil, Nero, Trish and Lady from Devil May Cry
Morrigan, Tolbain, Jedah and Anarkis from Darkstalkers
Arthur and Firebrand from Ghosts and Goblins
Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Nemesis and Wesker from Resident Evil
Viewtiful Joe and Sexy Silvia from Viewtiful Joe
Phoenix Wright from Ace Attorney
Amaterasu from Okami
Heihachi from Tekken
Nightmare from Soul Calibur
Lloyd from Tales
Shovel Knight, Shield Knight and Specter Knight from Shovel Knight
Shantae and Risky Boots from Shantae
Doomguy from Doom
Crash Bandicoot
Master Chief from Halo
Steve from Minecraft
don't @ me it's perfect
Some great picks here, though Xeno rep is too focused on XC1.

Honestly, you had me at Tifa and Cecil.

Amazing Kirby rep.

Definitely better pokemon rep than we have imo.

Dudley, Maria, Alucard and Shanoa? I might fall in love.

Arms rep is neat.

>4 Darkstalkers and three are ones I like

Shovel Knight is A+

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
For the love of God, why does it matter WHERE a game was made?

Yes, I know, every character in Smash sans Diddy and K. Rool were made in Japan. So what? Why does it matter if a non Japanese character makes it in? Shouldn't their impact on gaming as a whole be more important? Last I checked, Minecraft is still very popular in Japan, as it is throughout the rest of the world. Why does a game not being Japan-made turn some people off? Clashing styles? You telling me we don't have that already in a game where Solid Snake can fight K. Rool and Bayonetta can fight Isabelle?

Seriously, I don't like the idea of Steve as much as the next guy, but I still like Minecraft and will never deny its impact on gaming. This is amounting to nothing but "I don't like it, therefore it shouldn't be in Smash."
There's this one quote from Sakurai about how Cloud is one of the last few "globally recognized Japanese IPs" that I think people take a little too closely to heart. But it's like I said before; If the Western Shovel Knight can gets enough respect from the devs to have an assist trophy then there's nothing stopping a western character from getting into Smash. It's not like Sakurai has some sort of unreasonable hatred towards western IPs.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
I’m one for Steve in Minecraft. He would be a creative fun character with building mechs in mind as well using many tools in the series.

Minecraft has made a big impact in gaming and I believe he should have the honor to fight against the greats of the plumbers, space hunter, yellow mouse and many others.

CHAMPIONX9

Smash Journeyman
Characters huh.
Maybe a bit of a stretch but it wouldn't surprise me if Sakurai said that to throw us off and that's also not taking DLC into account.
A man can dream
Dreams limits are meant to be broken.

I guess I throw in what I want in the roster.
Shantae
Geno
Isaac
Sora

Would be cool but I don't expect it:
Quote+Curly alt
Professor Layton
Phoenix Wright
Amaterasu

Not asking for, but would be fun
Elite Beat Agents
Primarina

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For the love of God, why does it matter WHERE a game was made?

Yes, I know, every character in Smash sans Diddy and K. Rool were made in Japan. So what? Why does it matter if a non Japanese character makes it in? Shouldn't their impact on gaming as a whole be more important? Last I checked, Minecraft is still very popular in Japan, as it is throughout the rest of the world. Why does a game not being Japan-made turn some people off? Clashing styles? You telling me we don't have that already in a game where Solid Snake can fight K. Rool and Bayonetta can fight Isabelle?

Seriously, I don't like the idea of Steve as much as the next guy, but I still like Minecraft and will never deny its impact on gaming. This is amounting to nothing but "I don't like it, therefore it shouldn't be in Smash."
Yeah man, it's basically racism at that point. One shouldn't let regional barriers get in the way of dreams. I want to see Crash re-enact his old rivalry with Mario and Sonic. I want to see Duke Nukem, the king of manliness, try to hit on Samus. I want to see Earthworm Jim give Cranky Kong what for.

Steve may or may not be a necessary weasel, but somebody must pave the way for Western third parties.

D

Deleted member

I heard something about a Granblue character leak, where did that come from?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I heard something about a Granblue character leak, where did that come from?
So Vergey recently backed this guy's claim of "Minecraft is getting a character" BUT IMPORTANTLY Verge said it only MAY be a character. Verge simply confirmed he knows the same info as this guy in a few ways.

Now here's the thing. Said guy said Katalina or whatever was in talks for DLC.
Verge has not commented on that though. So believe what thy will.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Man, Steve would represent Indie pretty nicely in all honesty. My pipe-dream character is and always will be Banjo and Kazooie. It is their 20th anniversary and, in a way, this seems like Steve getting in before them is doing them dirty.
But I can see the mindset behind this. Minecraft is popular to the masses NOW.
Having people see that Nintendo and Microsoft can work together nicely. Which hopefully leads to B&K being among the first DLC fighters.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I can't believe I missed the new Animal Crossing Remix. What a tune, it's pretty good!

D

Deleted member

So Vergey recently backed this guy's claim of "Minecraft is getting a character" BUT IMPORTANTLY Verge said it only MAY be a character. Verge simply confirmed he knows the same info as this guy in a few ways.

Now here's the thing. Said guy said Katalina or whatever was in talks for DLC.
Verge has not commented on that though. So believe what thy will.
Ah, I see, so it's still not a Certified Vergie Leak then. Still, I wonder what salt would this Katalina cause, I don't even know how this Katalina chick looks, let's see
*One google search later*
Holy ****ing **** I'm in if she gets that dress as an alt, where's her support thread?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I want the Minecraft and Granblue Fantasy characters to happen so I can enjoy the meltdown and shattered minds that will follow.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Could be, could not be.

Minecraft content's been on Verg's radar since May.

We'll know whenever we get the next Direct.
Ugh, imagine, Shroob my pal, imagine if after the next Direct we're left with...

"...find out the rest of the roster on December 5th" or something insane like that.

I may break.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna bank on a Smash Direct at the VERY, VERY beginning of November, to give the dev team at least a month away to promote the game from release and before people get their hands on it. Maybe on the 1st or 2nd.

In the end, we just need a Direct before a month of release to prevent any spoilers.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The fact that Verg didn’t get all the newcomers isn’t because he was guessing. It’s because he has sources that don’t see everything. That’s mostly how these things work. That’s how leaks typically work.

I’ve handled leaks before, or at least I am aware of the process of it. Leakers may be playtesters or some other position, but few people outside of the fluke that was the ESRB leak ever have footage or access to the whole shebang.

The Brawl leaks, for the millionth time (should probably just make a thread that outlines leaks), consisted of two users who had two different lists of newcomers. Neither were wrong, because they each had two rosters that had ones the other didn’t, while sharing 1 or 2 characters.

Leakers don’t necessarily claim to have the full picture, and Verg never claimed to either.

The fact of the matter is, to predict Ridley, Snake, Simon Belmont, and no cuts from Wii U was NOT a safe or easy guess.

Guess who got called out for wanting or expecting no cuts? SPOILER, IT’S ME. I GOT TOLD I WAS DELUSIONAL FOR MONTHS.

Most of the fanbase wouldn’t have guessed that, and that’s really not something I find debatable. Sure, people WANTED those characters, but to actively predict them? No way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom