• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
That's because Smash 3DS was already out by that time, so we already basically knew all the characters.
Still had reveal trailers. Which they did not need. And there is more to than the characters. Such as spirits, events, online, etc.

They could do the whole thing on 1 change for each character and still garner hype.

You cannot say "there is more because i want to there to be more" without more proof then conjecture.

I posted a css, images about the box art, stheory on leaks and everything currently is pointing to 2 left. You are saying you have a feeling. Give me more pleae. Convince me with facts and proof to back up your claims.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Wasn't Toadstool just an American thing? I think she was always Peach in Japan. Kinda like how Eggman was always Eggman in Japan but changed to Dr. Robotnik in the west before they converged.

Either way, Peach just being a Toadette constantly in super mode is a headcanon I'm willing to get behind.
She was always Peach in Japan. So yeah, another Eggman situation.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Only makes me curious on what the male equivalent of Toad getting the crown would be...

Also does that mean Daisy.... NAH!!!
...well I mean...Mario being an evolved Toad would certainly explain why he doesn't match up with regular humans;

1497646626433-mario_human.jpeg

Maybe all the 'human' characters in Mario have been Toads the whole time. Mario, Luigi, E.Gadd, Daisy, Peach, Pauline, Rosalina, Wario, Waluigi..(unless they're evolved Goombas)

BOY DO I FEEL SILLY FOR ASKING FOR A PLAYABLE TOAD NOW FOR TWENTY YEARS.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I don't know what's on the European box you've shown, but on the US box, there's only the same picture that's on the right side. The ESRB rating is on the front, and all the legal text and UPC barcode is on the back.

I know. I’m just saying, the logo for anything could be anywhere on the box and it can be different for every country. That’s just one way to explain the gap and remain realistic without the box art actually having to give anything away.

I don’t consider it proof. Just something to consider while we wait.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Still had reveal trailers. Which they did not need. And there is more to than the characters. Such as spirits, events, online, etc.

They could do the whole thing on 1 change for each character and still garner hype.

You cannot say "there is more because i want to there to be more" without more proof then conjecture.

I posted a css, images about the box art, stheory on leaks and everything currently is pointing to 2 left. You are saying you have a feeling. Give me more pleae. Convince me with facts and proof to back up your claims.
You are assuming it is Incineroar and Ken due to Vergeben.
So where's the Square Enix rep?

Telling me "oh they're DLC" is just as baseless as the claims you are accusing.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Well, it may be a bit of a strecht here, but I remembered something from Gamefaqs. There's a user, LordRattergun, that "confirmed" Ridley the day prior to E3, and K. Rool the day before the Smash Direct, by a peculiar way: saying that they would never been on Smash Ultimate. And he did that as being so harsh with these character's fanbases, that the board was on fire against him, mocking him.
My theory, and of some of the members there, is that he has some kind of information and just ****post to leak it.
Why am I bringing this up?
Well, on the day before the original date scheduled for the Nintendo Direct, he posted this:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76969519

I'm just sharing this here for fun, since it "disproves" it in a funny way.
Don't take me so serious, but I always enjoy reading his "leaks" and I think that something must have happened that they removed Isaac from the last Direct.

PS.: I'll use anything I can get against the box theory.
That would have to be based on the wild assumption that Isaac was somehow postponed due to the earthquake (I guess it could be a possibility? lmao) when he was originally supposed to be with Isabelle lol.

Noipoi

Howdy!
If Peach takes off her crown does she devolve into a normal Toad?
How does she feel about her boyfriend eating Mushrooms on his pizzas?
does she reproduce using spores?

THERE ARE SO MANY QUESTIONS.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Please be right, because i REFUSE to believe Incineroar is the last newcomer announced.
Ken is alright, i don't mind him, but Incineroar? Eh....
Just keep having faith in the characters that you want, don't give up so soon, after all, there's a character or two that both of us want (Shantae, Rayman) so don't leave me hanging, don't give up on our characters. The characters that I want most of all may look unlikely now, but who knows what could happen, so I can't give up either.

It's just a few days since this theory came out, just keep the faith, and keep looking forward towards tomorrow, it just may work out for you:)

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Wait, are the Toads her children?

Has Peach been blocking attacks with her own kids in Smash for three games?!?

Draugen

Smash Apprentice
That would have to be based on the wild assumption that Isaac was somehow postponed due to the earthquake (I guess it could be a possibility? lmao) when he was originally supposed to be with Isabelle lol.
Yeah, I know that it is reaching too far, but... It's still a possibility. And when it came up, it was kinda fun to read all the reactions. I still believe it, although it's really weird like that.

D

Deleted member

Did Peach give one of her own children to Daisy just so she can have a meat shield and they can share a moveset?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

With this game, Mario introduced a species that has questionable reproductive systems...

Oh wait :yoshi:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079

I mean is that really anything different than Rosalina and her Lumas fighting?
After all, they practically consider her as a mom.
All princesses have no regard for their children's safety I guess.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Why are people against the idea of Incineroar in Smash again?
For me, he just seems like people are saying he's in for no other reason than *need gen 7 pokemon* and he walks on 2 legs. From a personal standpoint, I just don't like his design that much. I would much rather Rowlet who is way more popular... and visually appealing. Honestly, I wouldn't mind not having a Pokemon rep at all this game.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
You are assuming it is Incineroar and Ken due to Vergeben.
So where's the Square Enix rep?

Telling me "oh they're DLC" is just as baseless as the claims you are accusing.
And he is a leaker. Not an official source. Believing in thw se rep is no better then me believing the remaining newcomer is incineroar. He has come out saying that he is on the fence about the rep.

We do not know if the se rep exists or not. We do have the leaker who has been correct so far weighing down on the two remaining.

Se rep is not enough to prove more characters. Especially with the box, css, smashdown arguements.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Just out of curiosity:

1) What is your fav console?
2) What system had your fav library of games?
Modded OG Xbox
PSP

I played the hell out of my OG Xbox back in the day, it had CPS1 and CPS2, N64 and other emulators packed with tons of games. Fun times.
But the PSP had the best library of games out of any console in existence IMO, playing Little Big Planet, Jack & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Burnout, Motorstorm and many other games on the go was mind-blowing for me at the time.

Noipoi

Howdy!
For me, he just seems like people are saying he's in for no other reason than *need gen 7 pokemon* and he walks on 2 legs. From a personal standpoint, I just don't like his design that much. I would much rather Rowlet who is way more popular... and visually appealing. Honestly, I wouldn't mind not having a Pokemon rep at all this game.
I don't care about a quota, I want him because I think he's radical!
He's a tiger wrestler who's on fire! That's the coolest thing ever!

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Rosalina has no problem attacking with her children
I mean is that really anything different than Rosalina and her Lumas fighting?
After all, they practically consider her as a mom.
All princesses have no regard for their children's safety I guess.
And they have the nerve to label Bowser the villain. Good old dad of the year Bowser.

To like one of his kids. The other seven get disowned.

RandomAce

Smash Champion

Well, she does do that.
5DBA06BC-CEDC-4519-97DF-E20A13566EFA.png

I actually didn’t realize she did her Forward Air like this until I looked at all of her moves in training mode.

So does that mean that Toad becomes hot when he gets a crown?
Leagues ahead of you bud.
246EB3C1-6DF5-4062-A478-C4F9B9FCF296.jpeg

Okay, maybe not because he doesn’t have a crown, but Anime Toad still counts.

I feel like I’ve been ****posting too much recently.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
And he is a leaker. Not an official source. Believing in thw se rep is no better then me believing the remaining newcomer is incineroar. He has come out saying that he is on the fence about the rep.

We do not know if the se rep exists or not. We do have the leaker who has been correct so far weighing down on the two remaining.

Se rep is not enough to prove more characters. Especially with the box, css, smashdown arguements.
He then came out today again showing how he believed the SE rep to be true. Have you seen this?

If you're going to believe in Ken and Incineroar and have them be the center of your box theory then you by extension should logically believe the SE rep. It's cherry-picking not to.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well, she does do that.View attachment 164794
I actually didn’t realize she did her Forward Air like this until I looked at all of her moves in training mode.

Leagues ahead of you bud.
View attachment 164795
Okay, maybe not because he doesn’t have a crown.

I feel like I’ve been ****posting too much recently.
Wow, so it's not actually just a simple slap.

You learn something new every day.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Pretty sure that weird Toadette rmthing was just a way to make Peach playable in a game where Peach is captured and we're just reading too far into it. And didn't Nintendo confirm that Mario was human when asked about New Donkers before?

Boy is that power up bizarre though.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Verge actually does seem to know who it is though. From Gamefaqs:
That is from another source outside his Smash sources, as Vergeben says it's some random guy who came up to him he doesn't know prior and doesn't know if the guy is legitimate or not, so he is holding off on revealing what that person said until he gets corroboration on it:

"I heard a name from someone recently as to who it might be, but it came from someone claiming to know it along with "confirming" other information that I had heard.
They might just be trying to fool me into believing what they are saying so that I say it to mess with me and try to harm my credibility so I'm not going to say who they claim it is until I get responses back from my sources that point in a direction proving whether or not there is anything to what they are saying.
" Source

His main Smash source who told him about the SE character does not know who the character is, and the SE character is essentially a repeat of the Incineroar situation, where a proven Smash source knows the existence of a newcomer and what category they can be filed under, but only one guy without corroboration is claiming who the character specifically is. So Vergeben doesn't actually know the character's identity for sure at this time, and he has the right mind to be suspicious of unproven sources as he has had people intentionally give him wrong information for nefarious purposes many times before (just for Smash stuff there was things like Lupensko infamously telling him there would be no DK newcomers, and that incident on reddit where a guy posted a fake leak only for Vergeben to expose the person by posting a PM showing the OP prior tried to give him the "leak" to post).

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Usually they feel he's boring or not as cool as Decidueye.
Except some of us don't want another starter, and don't feel like any of them are being pushed as gen VII mascots anyway. Or at least not their fully evolved selves.

Last edited:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
The only way i'll accept Toad in Smash is if they made him a character a la Ice Climbers, with him and Toadette being a two in one character kinda thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom