• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah this thing will go to Crashboards any minute now. I'm gonna head out. But if it turns out Minecraft, you know who to tag the **** out of. :shyguy:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The "cool female character who gets turned into a damsel in distress", Jenna, is part of the main of the main party of the sequel, which starts where the second game ends, you can transfer data from the first Golden Sun into the sequel (Lost Age), which is required for 100% completion.

Regardless, if you couldn't get into it, that's understandable, the plot of the first game is pretty... simple (though it is intricately worked out, there are things that happen in the first game which don't pay off until the end of Lost Age) and the class system doesn't start getting good until a little bit into the game (when you get enough Djinn to experiment with them).
I think the issue with her getting capture for me was that I was using that as my motivator. I wanted to rescue her so I could have her rejoin the party. Then I played for a while with no sign of her coming back, so I got impatient and looked up when she'd next join and found out it wasn't until the sequel and felt deflated.

I could imagine an alternative world where I got introduced to Golden Sun back in the GBA days when I was a kid and turned into a huge fan today, but I don't think I have the patience for it anymore. But if Isaac does join Smash, maybe that'll be the motivator I need to go back and give that game a second chance.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Honestly, even though I already got one of my most wanted in the form of King K. Rool, I'm still really excited to see who else gets added in. Seeing a brand new character for the first time is one of most enjoyable and most satisfying parts about Smash speculation, especially if said character is someone you've wanted.
I'm going in expecting Incineroar and Isabelle, but a part of me is hoping for Rayman, as unlikely as it is.
Regardless, though, let's have a good time while we're on the hype train.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Here's a very unlikely prediction:

Byleth from Fire Emblem Three Houses

...Meh, he has a better chance being DLC someday, but I can dream, right?

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
While we're all here, the poll :
Who is everyone expecting?

1st place (16 votes): Skull Kid
2nd place (12 votes): Isaac
3rd place (6 votes): Incineroar
4th place (3 votes): Elma, Bandana Dee
6th place (2 votes): Karate Joe, "Gen 7 Rep"
8th place (1 vote club): Banjo-Kazooie, Decidueye, Geno, Golisopod, KOS-MOS, Rayman, Shantae, Sora, Wonder-Red, Yarn Kirby

Will the popular vote make it in?
Will a lucky person in the 1 vote club make it in?

Or will Sakurai throw everyone a curveball?

We'll see in about half an hour.

Good luck, everyone!

Man, it feels like a poor man's lottery
Expecting Lycanroc, btw. And I'm dropping out of Smashboards, see y'all after the Direct and good luck to whichever characters you support!

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Hoo boy!

Something really tells me Skull Kid is going to be our newcomer of the direct.

I'm feeling it for 99%.

Anyway...

Best of luck to everyone! May we one day see all our most wanted in Smash! argh

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm not jumping ship just yet, but I think I might close this tab the moment the direct starts. I like to give things my full focus so I don't like to have distractions. I save my reaction posts until after everything is shown.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
First time ever I have to watch a Direct from work. Plz no one tell my boss. I'll just have Premiere open and pretend I'm editing something.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I've got to get into my bunker...

Otherwise the Hype-drogen bomb will destroy us all. I'll come back with a spare gasmask to filter out the salt. Remember that if you think you've been infected by salt fallout, I'll have an open clinic behind what used to be NoA headquarters.

D

Deleted member

While we're all here, the poll :
Who is everyone expecting?

1st place (16 votes): Skull Kid
2nd place (12 votes): Isaac
3rd place (6 votes): Incineroar
4th place (3 votes): Elma, Bandana Dee
6th place (2 votes): Karate Joe, "Gen 7 Rep"
8th place (1 vote club): Banjo-Kazooie, Decidueye, Geno, Golisopod, KOS-MOS, Rayman, Shantae, Sora, Wonder-Red, Yarn Kirby

Will the popular vote make it in?
Will a lucky person in the 1 vote club make it in?

Or will Sakurai throw everyone a curveball?

We'll see in about half an hour.

Good luck, everyone!

Man, it feels like a poor man's lottery
Incineroar. Banking on Incineroar.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Hear me out here.... why not both?

Why not everything? I want nachos and milkshakes, too
Had a donut this morning and I’m trying to cut wait.

Also making popcorn would place another four or so minutes between me and direct.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think the issue with her getting capture for me was that I was using that as my motivator. I wanted to rescue her so I could have her rejoin the party. Then I played for a while with no sign of her coming back, so I got impatient and looked up when she'd next join and found out it wasn't until the sequel and felt deflated.

I could imagine an alternative world where I got introduced to Golden Sun back in the GBA days when I was a kid and turned into a huge fan today, but I don't think I have the patience for it anymore. But if Isaac does join Smash, maybe that'll be the motivator I need to go back and give that game a second chance.
I've been replaying Golden Sun the last week or so, it only took me about 2-3 nights worth of play to beat it, though I did know what I was doing and where to go, I wasn't exactly speed-running the game either.

Lost Age is way longer. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom