• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
This isn't negative at all so don't go around hating on said character but.

Who would be the least hype character they could announce at this direct?

Shroob

Sup?
I know I'm sounding like a huge asshole to Skull Kid fans but...

Him taking a backseat really does a solid for the speculation scene if we can kill off both chair theory AND Loz18 at the same time.

D

Deleted member

Here's a difficult question. Is there any addition they could make that would be universally hated?

EDIT: I think my question was somewhat Ninja'd by the Loz echo; sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
$20 for yearly online access isn't a bad price.

But it better actually be functional; Brawl and WiiU online weren't that pleasant.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._bros_future_nintendo_exclusives_are_possible

About that Smash question at the end, I'm certain that a certain Dovahkiin fan is happy about it.
Oh this is very interesting.

It probably means some trophies or something, or maybe Doomguy, but if it meant playable Dovahkiin...?

Like I said, if he gets in, I will accept literally anyone else at that point.
I'll probably play some games and lurk around here for most of the day while I wait. I wrapped up BotW last night and am now trying to figure out what I wanna play next.

Speaking of BotW, that game is really freakin' good and I would go nuts if one of the Champions made it in (especially Mipha or Daruk).
I just restarted BotW actually. It’s really great (just wish Link had stayed lefty), and it really felt like Skyrim for me. I love western RPGs so it was right up my alley.

Urbosa’s definitely my vote for best champion, but I’d love to see all four together. Best case scenario for me would be the four of them coming to Hyrule Warriors.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
That is a FANTASTIC idea

Because $20 isn't worth losing sleep over? Like, make a PB&J sandwich one day instead of eating out, and your online service is paid for a year?
$20 for crap is a waste of $20.

That is the issue. Now, I'm not saying "Nintendo Online service is going to be crap!", but criticizing a service that you have to pay for is always valid, even if it's "only $20".

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Probably incineroar tbh

Would be a cool addition and all but I can't help but feel there's not a whole lot of hype momentum with that. For me, at least.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
There's a foodcart near my place that specializes in only PB&J sandwiches and they're all $8-12. It sounds ridiculous, but they're SO GOOD. They use different nut/jam combinations, throw in different sliced fruits or caramel or pumpkin bread, etc. And you can add a slab of fried chicken to any sandwich.

...now I'm hungry and this has nothing to do with Smash.
See, this guy gets it!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off for lunch :laugh:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

I think I've made my low opinion of Incineroar pretty obvious in this thread.

So I'm gonna go with that.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I know I'm sounding like a huge ******* to Skull Kid fans but...

Him taking a backseat really does a solid for the speculation scene if we can kill off both chair theory AND Loz18 at the same time.
The chair theory serves no further purpose after today regardless of what happens, so I'm not sure why it'd be such a big deal if Skull Kid were to get announced, like even if he did we can't use that theory for anything anymore, and we would still not really know if it was a definitive hint either. It would go into the Pac-Man cloud and Bowser Jr. rock territory where it'll always be impossible to prove that it meant anything or the speculation scene's madness just struck a lucky cord.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

You mean for the person quoting this? I mean, for me the least hyped character would be Sora. I just don't like him (or Kingdom Hearts in general)

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Party pooper. :(
You think I wasn't mad or bothered when Waluigi was shown as an AT again at E3? I legit want to play as Waluigi in Smash because I legit love the guy, no memes or ****, but I got over it really quick, you know why? Because considering his filler status in every game, he has AT LEAST been an AT in the 3 Smash games that featured ATs. To me, being an AT is like just one step below the playable rank, so for the guy to be in that role, I'm super happy and proud. And let alone Chibi-Robo who luckily will come back as a trophy.
At least you can actually play as Samus and Zero Samus, you know? I hope you understand this.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Gothitelle, but without Gardevoir. People who hated that leak would be upset and people who only liked that leak because it had Gardevoir in it would be upset all around. It'd be a lose-lose for everyone aside from all two Gothitelle fans out there.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Gothitelle, but without Gardevoir. People who hated that leak would be upset and people who only liked that leak because it had Gardevoir in it would be upset all around. It'd be a lose-lose for everyone aside from all two Gothitelle fans out there.
I'm one of those two. Lol

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
I don’t think people will think the chair theory is dead after today’s reveal if there is only one new character shown as I believe a lot of people believe the theory that sakurai is showing a hero then villain on rotation. So by that logic the next reveal should be a hero and then the next character will be skull kid.

Long live the chairs!

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
Hiiii hellooo, so ive been in a smashboards coma for a while im confused. Is there still a ‘general forum’ and a ‘leaks and rumours forum’ like back with smash 4 what is happeningggggg. Or is this where the party’s at?

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Creeper would be 10x better. There's no way they'd choose Steve over Minecraft's true mascot.
I would unironically be okay with Creeper.

Then again, I'm the guy that would legit not mind seeing playable Mario enemies, so I admittedly have odd tastes. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Alright so what are we going to do if Skull Kid gets revealed and the background for Sakurai hints at another character? Are we still making fun of the chair theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom