• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean, I don't see what harassment has to do with my love of the Original Trilogy and my love of prequel memes, but whatever.
That both involve Star Wars? It isn't that deep. Sorry if it sounds like I'm trying to start **** with you by the way, just realized my previous posts and typical ****post speech style could be interpreted as that

Graizen

Smash Champion
First up, a new V-Pet! The Digital Monster X (Digimon X) will go up for pre-order on September 14th!
On top of that, we'll be getting more news...
The 'Come Back Digimon Play Festival- New Toys and Game Special' will be a livestream special on September 14th at 8pm (Japan time.)
The special will be going over new Digimon toys, including the new Digimon X V-Pet, plus game info for ReArise, etc.
The stream will be on niconico,Periscope, and Youtube, but no stream address yet.

Source:
https://withthewill.net/threads/207...s-Toy-Game-Livestream-with-X-Antibody-Results

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of oddly absent characters, we haven't seen Gardevoir, Moltres or Togepi as Pokeball summons in spite of them being in every game since their initial inclusion.

Of them, Togepi is the one with random effects so I think it's in, Moltres was always the most boring of the legendary birds gameplay-wise, never understood why it was the only one to return and Gardevoir is currently tied into my unrealistic expectations.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
How likely is it for the Direct not to be uploaded this week? I really can't see it not being broadcast before the weekend.
considering that the online service will launched in the next two week, I said it's very unlikely, but who knows?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think it's kind of silly to say society is failing us. Okay yeah it's failed us in plenty of ways, but does anyone here believe we're all better off without it? That society truly does more harm then good? If so, why aren't you off in some remote part of the woods with zero human interaction?

Come on now.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't know... Kirby's too cute for his fandom to be toxic
Kirby is everything to everyone.

He's cute, he's terrifying
The games are easy, the games are hard
The story is simple, the lore is deep.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Good news for me is I have another thing to focus on while I’m waiting
Don't we all?

I sincerely hope there aren't people on this forum with literally nothing to do but wait for a direct. Nothing at all.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
"So tell me, why do you think your most wanted character has a chance at being playable in Smash?"

How would you respond?
Because Okami, the game that Amaterasu is from as a one of a kind art style that no other game has, plus it's appeared on almost every console, and in every gaming generation since it's release in 2006. It has Nintendo history, considering it's been on the Wii, DS (Okamiden), and now currently the Switch. So I think it's not too farfetched to say Amaterasu could have a good chance of being the next Capcom newcomer to come to Smash. Only time will tell.
Ding Ding Ding, you've won an all expense paid trip to DISAPPOINTMENT.
I feel like that's something Enoshima Junko would say, just replace the word disappointment with despair.

Abha

Smash Journeyman
I think it's kind of silly to say society is failing us. Okay yeah it's failed us in plenty of ways, but does anyone here believe we're all better off without it? That society truly does more harm then good? If so, why aren't you off in some remote part of the woods with zero human interaction?

Come on now.
I live in the middle of Nowhere with some stupid pink dog and my cooking slave

Last edited:

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
No, it's CLEARLY the gender communists. Why else would Rogue One exist?

inb4 people take this seriously

I mean, I thought the same for Animal Crossing yet they're getting Smash levels of obnoxious every direct
There’s nothing cute about Animal Crossing, Tom Nook will break your legs if you don’t pay dat mortgage

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Man, every day that passes, I feel more and more the desire of a Rhythm Heaven character in Smash. I will also end up buying Megamix some day, as the demo captivated me and had me smiling.

Pacman High Tier

Smash Cadet
NNID
judetheloon
Switch FC
SW-4116-2252-3537
Most of the Kirby fanbase is pretty chill. The run up to Star Allies and the hype with the datamine was so good. The only Bad part are the meme templates the subreddit Regurgitates, and the discord staff. But it's definitely one of the better fanbases - all will have bad people, but they have to be ignored if possible. The larger it gets, the more chance there is of there being foul eggs about.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Most of the Kirby fanbase is pretty chill. The run up to Star Allies and the hype with the datamine was so good. The only Bad part are the meme templates the subreddit Regurgitates, and the discord staff. But it's definitely one of the better fanbases - all will have bad people, but they have to be ignored if possible. The larger it gets, the more chance there is of there being foul eggs about.
Yeah, the only very negative thing I remember was all the Adeleine (fave char btw) reveal harassment on twitter, sometimes even when the account was asking for people to be safe after a typhoon I think?

But then again, Smash had that with Waluigi and we're having that now with the Direct delay, so welp.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Yeah, the only very negative thing I remember was all the Adeleine (fave char btw) reveal harassment on twitter, sometimes even when the account was asking for people to be safe after a typhoon I think?

But then again, Smash had that with Waluigi and we're having that now with the Direct delay, so welp.
Smash is far from the perfect fandom

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I don't know... Kirby's too cute for his fandom to be toxic
The Kirby fanbase is most chill.

Consistently good games with no major stylistic or gameplay changes that split the fanbase (unlike Fire Emblem, Resident Evil)
Games aren't political so they don't attract 13 yr olds with 300+ steam games and edgy anime avatars (unlike every WW2 game on Steam)
Consistently good games from a team that doesn't deviate from the original format (unlike Sonic)
Never had an edgy reboot (unlike Bomberman Act Zero or that terrible Devil May Cry reboot)
Games aren't lewd or super violent so they don't attract internet culture wars (unlike GTA or Dragon's Crown)

Everything in the series aligned perfectly for them to be chill lol

P.Kat

Smash Champion
There’s nothing cute about Animal Crossing, Tom Nook will break your legs if you don’t pay dat mortgage
And we all know Isabelle drugged/overdosed Tom Nook at her tea party, and put him in the hospital. The same hospital where she coincidently works as a part time assistant Nurse and is personally assigned to 'take care' of him and give him his 'medicine' while she takes over as the face of Animal Crossing.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure there is no fanbase is more toxic than the Smash community.
Not even Sonic or Undertale could comoare
I dunno. Smash is pretty bad, but it's not like every other FGC isn't as bad either, especially in the collective form of r/kappa, which might just be the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom