• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
All I've said is Activision has supported Nintendo well and having an iconic character from Call of Duty in the game like Soap in the game would be neat to see.

If people get provoked by that it is on them I'm afraid.
Only one Activision Character has a chance, and It's Crash
And his chances are pretty slim...

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
All I've said is Activision has supported Nintendo well and having an iconic character from Call of Duty in the game like Soap in the game would be neat to see.

Here's the problem:

Call of Duty is an iconic series. It's characters aren't.

If an FPS character were to get in, there are more recognisable and iconic characters, such as Master Chief or Doomguy. Their respective franchises may not have sold as well as CoD, but the characters themselves are substantially more well known.

D

Deleted member

I'm the last person who's gonna ask for a CoD character and I'd rather have Halo dude(and I really don't want him) but to act like nobody can recognize a guy with a gun as a CoD Soldier is silly.

Also, for ****'s sake guys, stop embeding so many videos, have mercy on mobile users
What are you, 12?
No, he's *****

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
I was gonna say something about that video about Snake codecs potentially not being a thing, but I think a mod might need to step in to deal with all of this "troll" junk first if we're gonna have any sort of civil conversation.

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
i get that people on a smash bros forum aren't gonna be too big on call of duty (i'm not either), but the main characters from the modern warfare games are pretty well-known and have a bit more personality than 'generic soldier guy'. that said, i think there is practically zero chance of a call of duty character ever making it into smash bros. lots of unnecessary hostility in this thread :/

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm the last person who's gonna ask for a CoD character and I'd rather have Halo dude(and I really don't want him) but to act like nobody can recognize a guy with a gun as a CoD Soldier is silly.

Also, for ****'s sake guys, stop embeding so many videos, have mercy on mobile users

No, he's *****
Trying to browse SmashBoards on Mobile (or Wii U, trust me, I know your pain, Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen ) is bad enough when people don't post like 10 videos.
What's *****?!
You've been pranked.

"*****" sounds like "Lick mah".

Last edited:

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Spyro and Generic Solider are in no way as iconic as Crash
Crash is an Icon is Japan
Nothing about Soap is generic lol. He was the main character in the most successful gaming trilogy of all time.

He is much more iconic than someone like doom guy but Its true I don't know if he's popular in Japan.

Either way I never said it's happening i said it never would just would be cool to see imo as I like the guy.

D

Deleted member

What's *****?!
YOU'RE REALLY MAKING THIS EASY FOR ME, UH?
Trying to browse SmashBoards on Mobile (or Wii U, trust me, I know your pain, Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen ) is bad enough when people don't post like 10 videos.

You've been pranked.

"*****" sounds like "Lick mah".
I remember when I used Smashboards on my Wii U
"Let me just change this tab and-- nevermind the whole page has to load now"
And we didn't have multi-quotes back then oh god how did we live without that?
***** is nothing compared to updog. Like wtf?
What's that?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Nothing about Soap is generic lol. He was the main character in the most successful gaming trilogy of all time.

He is much more iconic than someone like doom guy but Its true I don't know if he's popular in Japan.

Either way I never said it's happening i said it never would just would be cool to see imo as I like the guy.
More people will Know about the Doom Guy...
Besides Soap is a western third party...
Western Third parties are never going to happen

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman

Call of Duty doesn't really have an Iconic character, most people play for the multiplayer. Yes Activision has supported Nintendo to a certain extent with late ports and there most iconic characters that would work well in smash setting are Spyro or Crash etc. A military character wouldn't fit overly well in Smash's setting unlike snake who is a fictional ICONIC character who fits in smash's setting.

When choosing a character you need to ask yourself what would it be like with said character meeting Mario.

As for other military-like character supports examples.
- Mastercheif is Microsofts iconic fictional spacemarine. (console representation is awesome e.g sonic)
- Doomguy is iconic and has a funny character trope of being extremely violent against demons.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
More people will Know about the Doom Guy...
Besides Soap is a western third party...
Western Third parties are never going to happen
Very debatable dude. I think most people on here aren't fans of Call of Duty but grew up with games like Doom. Soap is extremely iconic but I agree he will never happen would just be some well deserved first person shooter representation in smash.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
YOU'RE REALLY MAKING THIS EASY FOR ME, UH?

I remember when I used Smashboards on my Wii U
"Let me just change this tab and-- nevermind the whole page has to load now"
And we didn't have multi-quotes back then oh god how did we live without that?

What's that?
I used my Wii U for browsing exclusively for over a year.

Mostly I just watched Youtube videos on it.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Very debatable dude. I think most people ok here aren't fans of Call of Duty but grew up with games like Doom. Soap is extremely iconic but I agree he will never happen would just be some well deserved first person shooter representation in smash.
If any FPS Icon deserves to be in Smash, It's Master chief

And you know it

Last edited:

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
After three games, we can assume that third party characters used in smash classic/iconic characters with big relevance in video game history.

Characters from copy-paste FPS designed to millenials are not the case.

We still have quite a few 3rd characters that fits great in smash before start appealing to bull****

Last edited:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
As for other military-like character supports examples.
- Mastercheif is Microsofts iconic fictional spacemarine. (console representation is awesome e.g sonic)
- Doomguy is iconic and has a funny character trope of being extremely violent against demons.
What about Duke Nukem?

Iridium

Smash Hero
If only Murphy's Law applied to Smash (but with videogame characters only, of course).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
regarding voice actors, the one thing i want is for olimar to get his canon baritone voice. here's a video:

it bothers me that he's so silent in smash when he's actually quite talkative in the pikmin games
Personally, I'm not too bothered with Olimar being silent. And of course, Alph occupies the second half of Olimar's color slots.

I should probably mention as well, that if Geno somehow makes the cut, I have a feeling that he too would get the silent treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom