• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I didn't expect Snake's codecs to come back, and I'm not sure I'm even expecting Palutena's Guidance to do either, and people who expected both weren't being realistic. I think we'll see something new, whether it's Splatoon, Castlevania or Fire Emblem related, I could even see them just fleshing out the Star Fox ones. I'm positive we'll get something like it, but even if we don't that's alright, they're nice easter eggs, but I have a hard time seeing why they'd hugely influence one's opinion of the game.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
The Inkopolis News seems like a likely option for a new codec-type thing, coming up with text for all characters shouldn’t be as big of an undertaking as the ”voice acting” would just be the Splatoon blabbering.

Biff from ARMS would also work (and be what I’d prefer) but sadly anything like it will likely not make it base game.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Game's already been rated by the ESRB. I think the codecs would have had to have been included so they could review those. They're gone methinks. :(
Maybe, just maybe, they already wrote the script, and only the dialogues are in the game, while it's still yet to be voiced? Maybe that's how ESRB was able to rate it?

....Yeah, I'm just being desperate.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I'm desperate for a Nintendo Direct. Come on. I will wait for a long time if it's necessary. Just give us a date, and we can wait it out. Don't let us out of the loop or in the dark.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'm desperate for a Nintendo Direct. Come on. I will wait for a long time if it's necessary. Just give us a date, and we can wait it out. Don't let us out of the loop or in the dark.
I can wait, especially after knowing that my most anticipated game besides Smash is confirmed to be in it :yoshi:

Shroob

Sup?
So... gonna beat a dead horse here, but think an announcement today and Direct tomorrow is plausible? It's almost Monday in Japan, meaning the Direct would fall on Tuesday for them, Monday for us.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Maybe, just maybe, they already wrote the script, and only the dialogues are in the game, while it's still yet to be voiced? Maybe that's how ESRB was able to rate it?

....Yeah, I'm just being desperate.
Hmm... not impossible, I suppose! Voices are the last things to be added so... a man can dream.

So... gonna beat a dead horse here, but think an announcement today and Direct tomorrow is plausible? It's almost Monday in Japan, meaning the Direct would fall on Tuesday for them, Monday for us.
I do actually think that's what's likely to happen, yeah. An announcement tonight, and the Direct tomorrow night (for us in the west). I think it's either gotta be Monday or Tuesday because of Famitsu coming out on Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator:

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I think the Direct will have exactly one week of delay, and air this Thursday.... Like I said earlier, this delay isn't really about technical issues, it's about giving a moment of silence for the dead, and.... Maybe 3 days is a little too short for that purpose....

Just my personal thought tho.

Last edited:

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Anyone else want to see Ghost or Soap from Call of Duty as a playable fighter? Activision has always supported Nintendo with the Call of Duty franchise.

And Hans Zimmer's stellar MW2 can be included to in the stage music

https://youtu.be/7Dntg9Xu-Lk

it will never happen but would be really cool to see characters from one of the best games of all time represented in smash.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Anyone else want to see Ghost or Soap from Call of Duty as a playable fighter? Activision has always supported Nintendo with the Call of Duty franchise.

it will never happen but would be really cool to see characters from one of the best games of all time represented in smash.
I can say with absolute confidence

NO

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

No

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
About that Snake codec, well...Gamexplain is reporting on this...

Why would they reuse Brawl codecs? Many things about them are now outdated, because of moveset changes, the removal of transformations minus :ultpokemontrainer:, being aware that they were in a game called Brawl, and this being the next time Snake and Slippy would meet.

Untouch

Smash Master
I can see a direct announcement later on today as it'll be Monday in Japan in about 3 hours.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
*coughs politely* Is there anything wrong with supporting Monika?
Real talk, Monika MIGHT be more unique, but she is NOT more deserving than Waddle Dee, just to clear that up
She probably could be more interesting, but there’s characters I think deserve it more

Anyway, been gone for a while, any new news?

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

Not sure if serious (I'd be concerned if you were)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Most codecs from Brawl could be reused but it doesn't change the fact more new ones would have to be made than old ones would be ported. I could see Palutena's Guidance returning because, if anything, Nintendo works more closely to the KI VAs but I also think it's unlikely.
I can see a direct announcement later on today as it'll be Monday in Japan in about 3 hours.
It'll be ****ing midnight who the hell announces their games at 12AM?

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Most codecs from Brawl could be reused but it doesn't change the fact more new ones would have to be made than old ones would be ported. I could see Palutena's Guidance returning because, if anything, Nintendo works more closely to the KI VAs but I also think it's unlikely.

It'll be ****ing midnight who the hell announces their games at 12AM?
Calm yourself!! He didn't say the announcement will be at midnight, he just said later on today.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Not sure if serious (I'd be concerned if you were)
Lol people can meme call of duty all they want but Mw2 is one of the highest rates games of all time on metacritic.

But each to their own i just think Ghost and Soap are more iconic to gaming fans in general than obscure properties like Rhythm.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Lol people can meme call of duty all they want but Mw2 is one of the highest rates games of all time on metacritic.

But each to their own i just think Ghost and Soap are more iconic to gaming fans in general than obscure properties like Rhythm.
COD: Ghost? Iconic to gaming?

Your logic really confuse me.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Smash is about Japanese Gaming...
Besides If any Activison Character is getting in, It's Crash
BTW Don't dis Rhythm Heaven ever again...

Last edited:

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: This was a very, very immature and hostile post. I apologize sincerely to everyone, and I promise this sort of behavior will not happen again.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Swearing is automatically censored on this site. You don't have to worry about it...
Well, my point remains. To be fair, I know that I and some others are desperate for Direct announcement, but he doesn't have to be this desperate or annoyed by that time fact.

What time zone are you in?
It's 14:13 for me.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
No not Cod ghost. Ghost the character one of the most iconic in gaming history have you even played modern warfare 2?
No, I haven't.

Beside, I really doubt Ghost or whatever is one of gaming most iconic character, atleast if you compare him to Mario, Sonic, Cloud, Link, etc.. character that are actually iconic to all ages.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Not a diss on Rhythm it's just Ghost is more iconic of a character from a very popular serie.

If you ask kids about Rythm characters is bet most don't know ant but ask them about Ghost from modern warfare 2 they'll know exactly who he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom