• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to add some clarification about the delay. It's not really because of technical issues, it's just very customary to cancel entertainment related things when tragedies happen here in East Asia. Stuff like TV shows get canceled for a week to have a moment of silence for the dead. It's considered to be a very natural thing to do.

I guess since it's not something many other countries share, many people overseas might not understand why Nintendo's doing this, or think of the wrong reason.

Last edited:

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
That sounds like it could be part Hocotatian language... neat.

Someone truly nailing why I like Wind Waker and it's take on the lineage of Golden Ones so well. Tetra's still flipping amazing.

I even feel that Link in that game (who I sort of HC as not even having the same name as other Links) also forged his own voluntary destiny to become part of the lineage of previous Links.

Makes thus more upset he's still having Young Link's moveset for some reason in Ultimate still, and doesn't use anything of his own items across Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks. He feels boringly interchangeable with all the other Toon-style Links due this. :025:
I kind of see Tetra as the fighter that can finally embody that Wind Waker hero, and why I’d like for her to be, at least partially, a Toon Link echo. But pulling those elements from Wind Waker (and beyond) that Sakurai has yet to explore, like the Deku Leaf or Skull Hammer, Grappling Hook, or heck, even exploding powder kegs like from Majora’s Mask (which were a common sight in WW). Lots to pull from. Given everything I’ve already said in previous posts, I really think she stands an excellent chance of making it.

Last edited:

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Ok, here’s a game:

For the characters who still have JP VAs in English versions, what ENG VAs would you give them?

Ex: :ultness::ultkirby::ultlink::ultcloud::ultroy::ultfalcon: etc
:ultness:-Zach Callison
:ultkirby:-Hmm, I guess someone with a very high pitched voice, and a really cute one at that. I dunno who. Tara Strong?
:ultlink:-My only guess would be Johnny Yong Bosch
:ultcloud:-Steve Burton
:ultroy:-Antony Del Rio (he's done Pit & Dark Pit, but his voice fits perfectly for Roy as well) no offense to Ray Chase.
:ultfalcon:-Phil LaMarr

Last edited:

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Yeah, this was talked about a couple of pages ago.
Hayter, Snake's VA, pretty much confirmed that himself.
Oh, that's very bad. Palutena's might not return. Maybe there could be a completely different codec, maybe none at all.

Anyways, I know it's not related to Smash, but in other words, Microsoft is giving us a deal for Windows 7 computers. After extended support ends on 2020, Microsoft will release that type called Extended Security Support, which means it will be supported up to 2023. After 2020, you will now have to pay monthly to keep your computer safe, with prices increasing gradually, but not too much.

Great news for Windows 7 users, because obviously Microsoft could have ended support in about 1 and a half year.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordon...ge-windows-10-free-upgrade-cost/#7f960c092db1

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
He did say he wasn't asked for anything from Nintendo "yet", but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Game's already been rated by the ESRB. I think the codecs would have had to have been included so they could review those. They're gone methinks. :(

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Come on, don't be sad. I know that Codecs were a very important part, but nothing good lasts forever...
It's a shame they're gone, but I wouldn't have said they were important in any way. Plenty of people (including myself) have never seen them in-game and wouldn't know they existed if not for YouTube.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
regarding voice actors, the one thing i want is for olimar to get his canon baritone voice. here's a video:

it bothers me that he's so silent in smash when he's actually quite talkative in the pikmin games
I wish they would do this. Olimar seems so lifeless in Smash.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ooo, I have a replacement for the Codecs...

Dracula conversations in Dracula's Castle.
Could my insane ramblings from last month become a reality!?

We'll see.

Anyway, just found this, thought a certain somebody might like to see it.
The guy used to do Golden Sun covers, but has since branched out to other things. Right now he's doing music from RPGs (FF6, Tales, etc), he was on a bit of a Sims kick up to about 7 months ago.

The guy is really good at picking out the instruments needed to play the songs on synth keyboards.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
What about the four champions talking on Great Plateau Tower. I had the idea before, but at the time I had BOTW Zelda joining in and summoning them, but obviously that's not happening

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
regarding voice actors, the one thing i want is for olimar to get his canon baritone voice. here's a video:

it bothers me that he's so silent in smash when he's actually quite talkative in the pikmin games
What the hell? I never played Pikmin but this is screwing my mind. It's creepy

Shroob

Sup?
I still think the easiest replacement is the Inkopolis news.

I HATED how in Smash4 that the DLC just had the generic "It's a strong foe, stay on guard!" dialogue when the rest of the Guidances were witty and colorful.

A method that doesn't require actual voice acting seems like best case scenario to me, tbh.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Could my insane ramblings from last month become a reality!?

We'll see.

Anyway, just found this, thought a certain somebody might like to see it.
The guy used to do Golden Sun covers, but has since branched out to other things. Right now he's doing music from RPGs (FF6, Tales, etc), he was on a bit of a Sims kick up to about 7 months ago.

The guy is really good at picking out the instruments needed to play the songs on synth keyboards.
You thought correctly :yoshi::yoshi::yoshi::yoshi::yoshi:

Jeck

Smash Journeyman

I HATED how in Smash4 that the DLC just had the generic "It's a strong foe, stay on guard!" dialogue when the rest of the Guidances were witty and colorful.

A method that doesn't require actual voice acting seems like best case scenario to me, tbh.
They should just replace Mr. Resetti with ten minutes of Inkopolis news where they tell you the stage of the day.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Worst part of that was Lucas.
"Hello Pit! It's so nice to see you again!"
"WOAH WHO IS THIS I HAVE NEVER SEEN THEM BEFORE ARE THEY FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION?!?!?"
*Lucas cries in dead mother*

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yep, that was KMDP KMDP

I participated in it :yoshi:
Well, I was about to say I didn't suggest the idea, but I actually did. :laugh:

@Tougon suggested that Dracula should have the "What is a man?" cutscene played before his boss fight, with the selected fighter doing Richter's lines, I suggested that the fighter instead derail the conversation with their own weirdness.

Here's a list of the conversations I wrote, in order:
Sometimes I ask myself "What am I doing here?"; I think of all the reasons, but it's still not clear. --- So take me Back in Time, to another world~.
Click the character to get taken to the Script.​
:ultmegaman: :ultbayonetta::ultpit::ultsonic::ultganondorf::ultmarth::ultdarkpit::ultlucina::ultcloud::ultpokemontrainer::ultdoc:
Dark Pit & Lucina and Pokémon Trainer & Dr. Mario both share posts, I listed them all anyway.

Naturally, I don't have anyone else's but my own.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Well, I was about to say I didn't suggest the idea, but I actually did. :laugh:

@Tougon suggested that Dracula should have the "What is a man?" cutscene played before his boss fight, with the selected fighter doing Richter's lines, I suggested that the fighter instead derail the conversation with their own weirdness.

Here's a list of the conversations I wrote, in order:
Sometimes I ask myself "What am I doing here?"; I think of all the reasons, but it's still not clear. --- So take me Back in Time, to another world~.
Click the character to get taken to the Script.​
:ultmegaman: :ultbayonetta::ultpit::ultsonic::ultganondorf::ultmarth::ultdarkpit::ultlucina::ultcloud::ultpokemontrainer::ultdoc:
Dark Pit & Lucina and Pokémon Trainer & Dr. Mario both share posts, I listed them all anyway.

Naturally, I don't have anyone else's but my own.
Of course I put my little Yoshi-obsessive spin on it :yoshi:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
wow

Read through the discussions about codecs and trophies a few pages ago.

Just want to throw in my thoughts on the matter.

I have yet to see a perfect video game. Of course Ultimate is going to have things that not everyone will like. Be it lack of snake's codecs or the absence of a story mode. But Ultimate contains so much content that it shouldn't even matter. Heck we haven't seen everything yet so there is probably content that will make up for someone's loss. Nitpicking? Sure! But saying a game is straight out garbage because of a minor thing is just a sin in my eyes.

Ya'll gotta look at the bigger picture, peeps!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
wow

Read through the discussions about codecs and trophies a few pages ago.

Just want to throw in my thoughts on the matter.

I have yet to see a perfect video game. Of course Ultimate is going to have things that not everyone will like. Be it lack of snake's codecs or the absence of a story mode. But Ultimate contains so much content that it shouldn't even matter. Heck we haven't seen everything yet so there is probably content that will make up for someone's loss. Nitpicking? Sure! But saying a game is straight out garbage because of a minor thing is just a sin in my eyes.

Ya'll gotta look at the bigger picture, peeps!
I guess but Smash has had the bare minimum for character interaction and no codecs means even less of that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom