• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Agumon Moveset that i have created:

Agumon will have a energy bar like the Little Mac one.
It fill just like a powerbar, gets hit or hit someone and the bar fills.
He will evolve to a different form on how much the bar is filled.

1/3 = Greymon
2/3 = MetalGreymon
3/3 = WarGreymon

He evolves and the energy bar starts depleting.
When it hits Zero, he will turn in to Koromon for a second and than evolve to Agumon again.

His Final Smash would be Omegamon. Not a transformation, he just uses a attack.

His Moveset will be the same for all his forms, changing some attacks in power and size.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
The fact that I can think of a soundtrack (metal...) almost scares me. Anyway, where did you find that image?
It's Hitler's portrait from Persona 2 Innocent Sin. He's a boss in that game, and is an ally to the main villain, Nyarlathotep. They changed his name in the PSP remake to Fuhrer and gave him sunglasses.

Last edited:

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Well that was a good nap, hello everyone what's happening---

Goku Debates are still happening

Alright, where are my sleeping pills?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Lowkey Dragonball at its core is about were-monkey men from space that do kung fu...

Think about that.
That isn't even lowkey fam. That's as highkey as it gets.

I put money on saying Spider-Man is way more loved and recognized than Superman.
Spider-Man and Batman are more popular/liked than Superman. But Supes probably still has the icon status for being the defacto superhero.

Fun Fact: Spider-Man, in terms of merch has sold more than every other superhero.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Is Goku a video game character? Sure he's featured in many video games as a character so he's a video game character in my eyes.

Same way that Pikachu is also a movie character, and ROB originated as a toy.

The World isn't black and white and I think Sakurai is flexible when thinking about what fighters to include.

If he thinks it works it works and he will try to add them in until either they fit or he decides they're not working out.
Are you seriously back on this ****?

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
What about places like South America? Europe? Asia? Goku is much more popular in Japan than those characters.

I'd wager more people worldwide know Goku than those characters.

But this is all conjecture the they're all obviously popular.
"Goku is more popular than Darth Vader" - Smash Boards 2018

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
What about places like South America? Europe? Asia? Goku is much more popular in Japan than those characters.

I'd wager more people worldwide know Goku than those characters.

But this is all conjecture the they're all obviously popular.
You're going to tell me that Goku, an anime character really only relegated to one series is bigger than the face of a multi-billion media conglomerate, Mickey Mouse?

I mean if we're talking about fan fare, more people may be actual fans of the character than Mickey, but in no way does Goku dwarf him in iconography.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
If all you have to do to be in Smash is show up in a video game, then.

Forget the Chorus Kids, let's get the Scammer Kids instead

Sephazon

月に代わって、お仕置きよ !
Writing Team
NNID
Sephazon
Never thought I'd see the slippery slope fallacy used when discussing Super Smash Bros. Remember when we would merely debate whether or not Ridley could be in Super Smash Bros. because he was too big? Good times.

Smoll.jpg
(I mean, come on. He's not that big.)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean Doctor Strange would be awesome in Smash. The Bolts of Balthakk as a neutral special, the Cloak of Levitation as an up special, the Eye of Agamotto as a down special, the Flames of the Faltine as a side special, the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak as his grab, and some fancy astral projection cinematic as his Final Smash, with so many other spells to offer. And he's even been in games on Nintendo systems.

But Doctor Strange, while awesome, isn't the sort of character Smash would add, as awesome as he would be. He's not a game character. The roster would lose its focus, and that is something I don't think Sakurai would get behind.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Haha, sorry fam, no.

Dragonball Super has only beaten One Piece once in ratings and Manga sales are well whew, big.
According to Wikipedia, Dragon Ball is down by about 80 million. That's pretty big...

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Ugh, this Goku debate going on? This has to stop.

Please, Nintendo. Give us a direct date, so that we can talk about that, rather than Goku.

I'm going outside for a pizza.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Never thought I'd see the slippery slope fallacy used when discussing Super Smash Bros. Remember when we would merely debate whether Ridley could be in Super Smash Bros. because he was too big? Good times.

View attachment 162586
(I mean, come on. He's not that big.)
I always wondered if that's just how Ridley's species actually develops or if that's just some weird cloning shenanigans.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Please, Nintendo. Give us a direct date, so that we can talk about that, rather than Goku.

And then the Direct comes and it's actually Goku

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976

I should follow in suit, actually. There is a burger place pretty close by...

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
Why was Dragon ball super more popular than one piece when it was running then?
To reiterate: You're wrong. As someone who was in Japan only a year ago, I can assure you, I seen One Piece figures everywhere. I was in Akihabara maybe once every three days for a period of two weeks and I seen a countless amount of OP figures second hand, besting even Evangelion figures. I also seen very few Dragon Ball figures.

Mr. Trumo

Smash Apprentice
Everyone's talking about Goku for Smash.

I think you're all forgetting about the TRUE best pick for a non-game rep.

StormC

Smash Hero
It is sorta disproportionate because of how much longer One Piece is than Dragon Ball. It will be interesting to see what the series’ cultural footprint will be after it ends. Unfortunately nowadays popular shonen series don’t really...end. Just look at Boruto, lol.

D

Deleted member

Next Newcomer is Robloxian Shrek that can go Super Saiyan with a neutral-B Dab
Is his Final Smash T-posing during an epic Fortnite win on-stream with a $500 donation, all while consuming Doritos and Totinos pizza rolls?

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
There's clearly a heroes vs. villains theme so I agree with Hitler being in. Stalin could be his echo fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom