• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Maybe an Agumon trailer would involve my boi because dinosaur...
From now on :ultkrool:will be filling the role of the dinosaur character for Nintendo. Need a colorful cast of reptiles? :ultkrool: now comes in every flavor of Skittle. Need someone to star in a craft themed platformer? :ultkrool:is skilled in costume design and has been learning how to knit just for this occasion. Need something for :ultmario: to ride? No worries, :ultkrool:now runs on all fours to accommodate riders.

You all thought Nintendo not treating Yoshi right and finally giving K Rool the spotlight were unrelated. Little did we all know Nintendo had been planning on replacing Yoshi this whole time!
sorry, I'm in a weird mood. I love Yoshi too. Also I'm aware K Rool is not a dinosaur...or is he? Maybe he's just a dinosaur that looks like a crocodile. How do we know Yoshi isn't actually a lizard with a weird back? Think about it.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Imagine an Agumon trailer starting with Pokemon and everyone gets hyped up and assumes it a Gen 7 pokemon.

It's Greninja all over again

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
I'm a bit surprised I haven't seen Link/Paya here anywhere. I almost expected it here from someone.
Like no joke, no goof, I actually forgot who that was. I had to google her. Interesting facts on her page to say the least. They didn't give Sidon a butt tattoo... Also, this means Impa canonically ****s. Which is fair, considering she's OOZING with BDE.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Like no joke, no goof, I actually forgot who that was. I had to google her. Interesting facts on her page to say the least. They didn't give Sidon a butt tattoo... Also, this means Impa canonically ****s. Which is fair, considering she's OOZING with BDE.
I mean, just look at her Hyrule Warriors sword. Impa's a chad.

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
Once more a reminder that characters having been considered at one point doesn't make them planned/unused; Ayumi and Takamaru were just brief considerations during the conceptual stages of Melee and Smash 4 respectively that Sakurai quickly passed over, and Blastoise was just a consideration for how to fill the Pokemon Trainer's team that got passed over to use different evolutionary lines, none of these characters ever made it to the actual planning and development stages.
I am aware of that (maybe I should have used the word "considered" instead of "unused"). I was just saying that it would be awesome if they could somehow get every considered character ever into the game. Of course, I know that's impossible, but would be awesome to see nonetheless.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'd think Mipha is the EASIEST Champion to remember because you activate her ability the most lol

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
Imagine an Agumon trailer starting with Pokemon and everyone gets hyped up and assumes it a Gen 7 pokemon.

It's Greninja all over again
Leave your joke out the front door. (I would actually like that idea for a trailer)
Greninja has a cool move set and design.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Trailer starts with Agumon eating some meat
He goes and bite Charizards tail thinking it was meat as well
Charizard is pissed

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Probably constraints, honestly.
Some moves I would like to see from Incineroar are his Throat Thrust, grapples could be body slam, suplex and backbreaker, Dark Lariat oh and his Flame Charge could be like some sort of flaming running knee attack.. Theres also that top rope frog slash he does with the flames from his z move! His taunt can be like something like that taunt Braun Strowman does, except with flames.. Also theres that taunt the trainer does in the z move animation, except do it with flames.

Shroob

Sup?
But yeah....

If they hold the Direct until next Thursday.

Abandon all hope ye who enter here.

The road to Ultimate is paved with leaks and rumors.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Yeah, The Legend of Zelda being Zelda and Link's story is eh. By the name, it appears that way, but she only has 3 or 4 games on Ganon, and most of her appearances have her as a minor character no less, where HE is almost always the major, final villain standing in the end.

Reminder that the Legend would not exist without the demon; It's just as much of their story as it is his own. To argue priorities isn't up to us, as that's the dev team's decision.

Plus, one has the villain rep while the other has the female rep, so it's really just semantics at that point.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Trailer starts with Agumon eating some meat
He goes and bite Charizards tail thinking it was meat as well
Charizard is pissed
Why would a trailer start with a clear shot of the newcomer? Isn’t the whole point to have a dramatic build-up to the reveal?

Please stop wasting everybody’s time and derailing the thread, or on the off-chance you’re genuine, realize that you’re being ****ed with by the Gamefaqs guy.

I don’t wanna come off as an a-hole, but it’s getting annoying.

D

Deleted member

Revali's Gale wants to speak with you. A whole lot.
I didn't get Revali's Gale until like 230 hours into the game.

I REGRET EVERYTHING. The time I could have saved when climbing cliffs/mountains...

Last edited by a moderator:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
>Mario has Bowser
>Link has Ganondorf
>Donkey Kong has King K. Rool
>Samus has Ridley
>Kirby has Dee Dee Dee
>Pikachu has Mewtwo
>Fox has Wolf

>Ness and Cpt. Falcon don't have a villain rep
Do you guys think Nintendo will keep the villain-hero theme going or is K. Rool the last one?

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

Graizen

Smash Champion
Why would a trailer start with a clear shot of the newcomer? Isn’t the whole point to have a dramatic build-up to the reveal?

Please stop wasting everybody’s time and derailing the thread, or on the off-chance you’re genuine, realize that you’re being ****ed with by the Gamefaqs guy.

I don’t wanna come off as an a-hole, but it’s getting annoying.
What?

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
Frogs don’t have teeth(except the rare species) or claws. Not a toad either. He’s just a...thing.
I always saw Bulbasaur's line as herbivore dinosaurs (Venusaur clearly has scales) while Charmander's line are based carnivore dinosaurs.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Leave your joke out the front door. (I would actually like that idea for a trailer)
Greninja has a cool move set and design.
I meant Greninja all over again as in how everybody thought it was Mewtwo from the shadows.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope Yoshi's Crafted World gets a good amount of screentime during the Direct. One of my most anticipated games for 2019 ATM; I'd love to see how it's come along so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom