• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Nah, it most likely has to do with his inevitable new final smash. Sakurai probably has something original or epic in store and wants to show it in the next Smash Direct, along with Peach's and Daisy's, Diddy, etc.
What if instead of all the cool ideas for his FS, he simply grows to huge size and stomps on nearby opponents? :troll:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Phione. It's literally just a more forgettable version of Manaphy, statwise and design wise. It can't be found in the wild or in an AI trainer's team, but no one uses it competitively either, so you pretty much never see it in game. And despite being a part of the Pokemon fanbase for a long time, I don't think I've ever seen it actually talked about online at all either.
While Generation 4 is my favorite gen when it comes to Pokemon designs and the Pokemon cast, I agree that Phione is a pretty forgettable 'mon. I remember Manaphy quite well, but Phione? Yeah, that Pokemon just slips from my mind constantly. There's also the issue that it barely has any TCG presence.

I don't see what was the point of making this Pokemon. Was it just for the sake of having a breakable legendary? That's the best idea that came to my mind.

I've been having a weird appreciation for Maractus lately just cause it's pretty darn cute.

View attachment 162426
Ok, now that's a pretty cute gif of Maractus! It's not often I see Maractus express itself like that.

Chrono.

I don't care for Garbodor but Trubbish has that ugly cute thing going on.

Though it helps that I watched it's episode in the anime.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Assuming this amiibo thing is true to unlocking characters. Who are you guys going to get?

Me I'll just get King K. Rool, Ridley, Bowser, King Dedede, Rosalina & Luma and Duck Hunt. Everyone else I'll unlock properly.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
"I THINK YOUR MOST WANTED CHARACTER SUCKS!"

QUICK EVERYONE, TELL HIM WHY YOUR MOST WANTED NEWCOMER DOESN'T SUCK!
I'm defending Tap Trial Girl (From Rhythm Hevean) because she would be an off the wall pick. Also she would fit better than Chorus Men or Karate Joe.

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Vanilla cone, snowflake crystal, a lot of birds, a lawnmower/oven/freezer/other appliances ghost, literal keychain, cogs, pile of trash, a wreath of flowers. There’s a lot of crap Pokémon.
Jokes on you, snowflake crystal aka Cryogonal is actually my favorite ice type pokemon :laugh:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Vanilla cone, snowflake crystal, a lot of birds, a lawnmower/oven/freezer/other appliances ghost, literal keychain, cogs, pile of trash, a wreath of flowers. There’s a lot of crap Pokémon.
Comfey, Trubbish, Rotom, Cryogonal, and especially Klefki are great though.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

My most wanted newcomer doesn't suck because she's Isabelle and Isabelle is the greatest thing to grace the face of the earth (kidding)

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
Furries? I'm not a furry. I just think she's cute and it would be super funny seeing her destroy Ridley. Do you think I'm a furry?
No, no, no. Ridley will adopt her as his child. She and Pichu will be the only characters he likes. He will hate everybody else.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I’m just so happy Neku is gaining traction...so proud of y’all :’)
I mean I personally love TWEWY, so I'd love to have Neku in the game alongside the soundtrack.
Also, Sakurai is a huge fan of that game too. I mean he even used the same difficulty scale for KI:U and Smash 4. So I chose him because it's a mix of plausibility and personal bias hype!

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

I like nosepass, trubish, sandslash and raticate.

MrPowerfulJeans

Smash Cadet
So guys, while we've yet to see the full roster, let's play a game.

Assuming that we get the full roster (just pretend it's Nov/Dec atm), why not name 5 characters you think would be hype worthy for DLC? I'll start

1. Skull Kid
2. Banjo
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Isaac
5. Crash Bandicoot
Hmm...

I'm a bit late to the party, but here it is.

1. Banjo & Kazooie - I'd rather they be in the base game rather than paid extra, but I can't lie when I say people wouldn't be hyped for Banjo & Kazooie in Smash.
2. Lance Bean/Bill Rizer - The last retro game that I remember that's owned by Konami is Contra. And, I think it'd be a cool idea to add some more 3rd Parties.
3. Waluigi - Or any Assist Trophy Character/Pokeball Pokemon in the base game confirmed for DLC. It's unlikely, but a man can dream.
4. Monokuma - Even if just for the complete shock of how a little franchise gets representation on a huge fighting game, I'd be hyped for Monokuma.
5. Spring Man/Ribbon Girl - Some ARMS reps.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We should all remember this about music, if Sonic doesn’t get any remixed songs...we can blame the composers who didn’t want to remix Sonic songs (and Sega because they didn’t port Sonic 06 to the Switch)

Troykv

Smash Master

My most wanted newcomer is a Mage with a lot of potential! She is also one of the most unique looking character between the protagonists of her franchise (Fire Emblem); Micaiah for Smash!

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Hmm...

I'm a bit late to the party, but here it is.

1. Banjo & Kazooie - I'd rather they be in the base game rather than paid extra, but I can't lie when I say people wouldn't be hyped for Banjo & Kazooie in Smash.
2. Lance Bean/Bill Rizer - The last retro game that I remember that's owned by Konami is Contra. And, I think it'd be a cool idea to add some more 3rd Parties.
3. Waluigi - Or any Assist Trophy Character/Pokeball Pokemon in the base game confirmed for DLC. It's unlikely, but a man can dream.
4. Monokuma - Even if just for the complete shock of how a little franchise gets representation on a huge fighting game, I'd be hyped for Monokuma.
5. Spring Man/Ribbon Girl - Some ARMS reps.
Monokuma would be interesting. It would be pretty niche to add him

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Some days ago , me and 2 friends received a PM from a Gamefaqs user
He said some leaks, i got afraid becouse i never experienced something like that.

He said the Namo Bandai reps for Smash Ultimate were Agumon and Klonoa.
And that we will get a big trailer with more than 10 minutes of CG.

He said for me to not put his nickname with the information.
Weirdly, there's an image leak featuring Agumon and Klonoa that has yet to be debunked.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I like nosepass, trubish, sandslash and raticate.
Oh god. Nosepass is such an eyesore. But also, I respect you for being soooo brave. Sandslash and Raticate are cool in my opinion. Both of which are in my personal list of League Hall of Famers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom