• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Oh I probably should have told you guys this but

While not a reveal date

(Forgive me if already mentioned)

He’s speculating the 13th for a reveal
Well some people who datamined Splatoon 2 did speculate that the direct would be held on the 13th for that matter!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Who is the most forgettable Pokemon to you guys?

I don't mean the worst/which one you like the least, but like, literally a Pokemon you forget it exists constantly for no reason at all. Because for me it's usually both Huntail and Gorebyss.

Phione. It's literally just a more forgettable version of Manaphy, statwise and design wise. It can't be found in the wild or in an AI trainer's team, but no one uses it competitively either, so you pretty much never see it in game. And despite being a part of the Pokemon fanbase for a long time, I don't think I've ever seen it actually talked about online at all either.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I think that most DLC characters are going to be third party or from games that came out too late in Smash's development to implement them into the game. ARMS and Xenoblade 2 will definitely get reps via DLC.

I feel like characters such as Skull Kid will either be in the base game or won't be in at all.
Keep in mind that we're gonna get some surprise characters for DLC. So if they're holding them for DLC to increase the hype and make us pay for them, I wouldn't be surprised

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Is it really the most forgettable if it came into your mind immediately?
I had to look through a list of Unova Pokemon for this post just to remind myself of it.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Who is the most forgettable Pokemon to you guys?

I don't mean the worst/which one you like the least, but like, literally a Pokemon you forget it exists constantly for no reason at all. Because for me it's usually both Huntail and Gorebyss.
I still say Stantler.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
"Hmm, Zinith has a point. If they can have :ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu: in the build but NOT :ultyoshi:, maybe not all of the characters are finished. I'll put aside my explicit anti-Yoshi bias to give him that" - DarkFalcon
Sometimes we don't always hear what we want.
I haven't heard Paper Mario's trailer for example.
Again...at least Yoshi's in.

Chrono.

There's a good number of Unova Pokemon that I can hardly remember, but the most forgettable one that immediately came to my mind was Maractus.

Not having good stats for a Pokemon is one thing, but the fact we already had two other memorable cactus Pokemon introduced earlier in the form of Cacnea and Cacturne also led me to not remembering Maractus most of the time.
I've been having a weird appreciation for Maractus lately just cause it's pretty darn cute.

tumblr_nnql7ucG3I1ri1rjmo1_250.gif

T-Hell

Smash Lord
My most forgettable pokemon.. as a huge pokemon fan, there are many pokemon I forget sometimes.. Maractus, Audino, Stunfisk, Watchog, Liepard.. just to say some.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
So guys, while we've yet to see the full roster, let's play a game.

Assuming that we get the full roster (just pretend it's Nov/Dec atm), why not name 5 characters you think would be hype worthy for DLC? I'll start

1. Skull Kid
2. Banjo
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Isaac
5. Crash Bandicoot
1. Rex and Pyra
2. Shantae (If she's on the base roster or as an AT then: Rayman)
3. Spring Man/ Ribbon Girl
4. Tails/Robotnik
5. Neku or Sephiroth

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Oh I probably should have told you guys this but

While not a reveal date

(Forgive me if already mentioned)

He’s speculating the 13th for a reveal
Man, I don't know if they can keep things from leaking for that long.
I totally understand the delay, but I'd feel bad for Sakurai and his team if their announcements were leaked or revealed in a magazine or something.
The longer the direct is postponed, the more we're going to hear about from outside sources.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
"Hmm, Zinith has a point. If they can have :ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu: in the build but NOT :ultyoshi:, maybe not all of the characters are finished. I'll put aside my explicit anti-Yoshi bias to give him that" - DarkFalcon
Sometimes what you need to hear isn't what you want to hear. :nifty:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If you remember the most forgettable Pokemon, then it isn't the most forgettable.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m just so happy Neku is gaining traction...so proud of y’all :’)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I was actually thinking of writing some spoof interview about Incineroar if he's included.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
My most forgettable pokemon.. as a huge pokemon fan, there are many pokemon I forget sometimes.. Maractus, Audino, Stunfisk, Watchog, Liepard.. just to say some.
Vanilla cone, snowflake crystal, a lot of birds, a lawnmower/oven/freezer/other appliances ghost, literal keychain, cogs, pile of trash, a wreath of flowers. There’s a lot of crap Pokémon.

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Nah, it most likely has to do with his inevitable new final smash. Sakurai probably has something original or epic in store and wants to show it in the next Smash Direct, along with Peach's and Daisy's, Diddy, etc.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Vanilla cone, snowflake crystal, a lot of birds, a lawnmower/oven/freezer/other appliances ghost, literal keychain, cogs, pile of trash, a wreath of flowers. There’s a lot of crap Pokémon.
I don't get why people hate on Garbodor but not Muk. Muk was the garbage Pokémon before Garbodor

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Bruh, you did not just insult Rotom, Klefki and Comfey.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Nah, it most likely has to do with his inevitable new final smash. Sakurai probably has something original or epic in store and wants to show it in the next Smash Direct, along with Peach's and Daisy's, Diddy, etc.
My guess is their trying to work out his shield and the properties that'll make it stand out (like every Smash game to date, for better or worse)

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
"I THINK YOUR MOST WANTED CHARACTER SUCKS!"

QUICK EVERYONE, TELL HIM WHY YOUR MOST WANTED NEWCOMER DOESN'T SUCK!

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
If it's not the most amazing final smash in the game I'm getting a refund after all this hype.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Welp, the leakmonger dude finally posted the image

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Another fake one. Move along...
No need to discuss this one. I'm watching him and he's shown nothing of note.

If anything big comes I'll do my best to update you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom