• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Who is the most forgettable Pokemon to you guys?

I don't mean the worst/which one you like the least, but like, literally a Pokemon you forget it exists constantly for no reason at all. Because for me it's usually both Huntail and Gorebyss.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Considering my boi was not present at in the E3 demo despite being an OG 8, it's safe to say that the fighters haven't been finalized...
Characters are probably being constantly changed and balanced so I doubt anyone was finalized in that build.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Considering my boi was not present at in the E3 demo despite being an OG 8, it's safe to say that the fighters haven't been finalized...
That's not safe at all and I expected better from you Zin!
JK. But again I feel the characters were chosen very precisely.
Ness was one of the unlockables and is in with the 8. No sign of Luigi or Falcon.
So yea, that's not safe at all.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiosity, who remembers the company "Interplay" You know the guys behind MDK, Clayfighter, Blackthorne, Lost Vikings, etc?

Because they actually made a Mario game....
ON COMPUTERS!
250px-Mariotyping.jpg

So what if hypothetically, if we see an Interplay character, who would it be?

I'm going with Wex Major from Wild 9. He has potential I'm telling you. Watch gameplay of it and you'll know what I mean.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
1. Rex & Pyra
2. ARMS character (any of Sakurai’s choice, would personally prefer Twintelle but I expect Springman or Ribbon Girl)
3. Octoling (inkling echo)
4. Shantae (if not on base roster), if she is base then either Neku or Dante
5. Dixie (if not on base roster)

I’m assuming Shadow, Isaac, Skull Kid, BWD, Elma, and Black Shadow are all base roster.
You know what's funny about ARMS is that I *never* see anyone mention Helix.
Helix would be the best character to add to Smash from that game. He's weird as hell, would play totally different from any other fighter, and I think encapsulates ARMS very well. Plus he's more interesting than Spring Man, and it doesn't hurt that he was relatively popular online.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So guys, while we've yet to see the full roster, let's play a game.

Assuming that we get the full roster (just pretend it's Nov/Dec atm), why not name 5 characters you think would be hype worthy for DLC? I'll start

1. Skull Kid
2. Banjo
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Isaac
5. Crash Bandicoot
My picks:

1) Rex and Pyra
2) Springman
3) Bandana Dee
4) Dixie Kong (if she's not in the base roster)
5) Professor Layton (if he's not in the base roster)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The game is out in 3 months dude. They probably didn’t have Yoshi in the demo cause they wanted other characters in.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

I don't mean the worst/which one you like the least, but like, literally a Pokemon you forget it exists constantly for no reason at all. Because for me it's usually both Huntail and Gorebyss.
I'd tell you but I forgot it existed.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh I probably should have told you guys this but

While not a reveal date

(Forgive me if already mentioned)

He’s speculating the 13th for a reveal

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
You mean he made the joke, people got upset, he admitted he was wrong, and then we got into a fight for the last several pages.

Look, the joke was in bad taste, but this is just calling someone out for no reason. Let's move on guys.
You're right, i was taking this too far. My apologies.

Assuming that we get the full roster (just pretend it's Nov/Dec atm), why not name 5 characters you think would be hype worthy for DLC? I'll start

1. Skull Kid
2. Banjo
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Isaac
5. Crash Bandicoot
1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Rayman
3. Phoenix Wright
4. Shantae
5. Banjo & Kazooie

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987

The Finneon line usually makes me forget about them...

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I just don't think everyone was fully implemented in a passable condition say a year ago.
A year ago, I'd argue most of the cast wasn't in presentable condition. Some of the characters shown off at E3 look like they were still unfinished, some characters didn't even have finalized character art, etc.

I do believe, though, that many of the 'Echo' clones were in some stage of development a year ago. Their numbers, plus the fact that there's certainly more to come, makes me think that they were possibly planned from the start just to pad out the roster.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
That's not safe at all and I expected better from you Zin!
JK. But again I feel the characters were chosen very precisely.
Ness was one of the unlockables and is in with the 8. No sign of Luigi or Falcon.
So yea, that's not safe at all.
The game is out in 3 months dude. They probably didn’t have Yoshi in the demo cause they wanted other characters in.
Yeah, those are the responses I wanted to hear...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know what's funny about ARMS is that I *never* see anyone mention Helix.
Helix would be the best character to add to Smash from that game. He's weird as hell, would play totally different from any other fighter, and I think encapsulates ARMS very well. Plus he's more interesting than Spring Man, and it doesn't hurt that he was relatively popular online.
What about Dr. Coyle too? She’s a villain AND female, something yet to be seen in Smash: someone who fits both quotas at once.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio

1. Skull Kid
2. Banjo
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Isaac
5. Crash Bandicoot
#1. A New Earthbound/Mother Character- Either The Masked Man/Claus (From Mother 3) Or Porky Minch (From Earthbound/Mother 2)

#2. Another New Donkey Kong Character- Either Dixie Kong Or Stanley The Bugman (From Donkey Kong 3)

#3. Travis Touchdown (From The No More Heroes Series) (Owned By Grasshopper Manufacture)

#4. A New Kid Icarus Character- Either Medusa Or Hades

#5. Sub-Zero (From The Mortal Kombat Series) (Owned By Nether Realm Studios)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Easy, it's Buizel

Last edited:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman

I mean, Jigglypuff is pretty darn forgettable if you consider Smash Ultimate's mural. :smirk:

But in general, uhhhh...that one fire anteater thing. Heatmor I think?

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace

1. Skull Kid
2. Banjo
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Isaac
5. Crash Bandicoot
I think that most DLC characters are going to be third party or from games that came out too late in Smash's development to implement them into the game. ARMS and Xenoblade 2 will definitely get reps via DLC.

I feel like characters such as Skull Kid will either be in the base game or won't be in at all.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Considering the new game and the fact his Final Smash would need to be altered, maybe your boi just had a new Final smash that would give away his Crafted World.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yeah, those are the responses I wanted to hear...
At least your boy is in the game.
smiles at the big icon in my sig

Oh I probably should have told you guys this but

While not a reveal date

(Forgive me if already mentioned)

He’s speculating the 13th for a reveal
This just doesn't make sense for me...Corocoro and Famitsu will both be out by then.

Chrono.

1. Skull Kid
2. Banjo
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Isaac
5. Crash Bandicoot
Hype worthy in general or hype worthy for me?

I'm gonna go with hype worthy for me so I can be selfish.
  1. Rex
  2. Incineroar
  3. Tails
  4. Spyro
  5. A Dragon Quest character that isn't Slime

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976

Finneon and Lumineon.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
What about Dr. Coyle too? She’s a villain AND female, something yet to be seen in Smash: someone who fits both quotas at once.
She'd probably be my second choice if I had to choose.
Helix is just too bizarre of a character to not be my number 1 pick.

Iridium

Smash Hero
The day I woke up hearing we'd get a direct. I felt Isaac was for sure.

Later that day, I felt Incineroar was for sure.

Now that we're sitting here waiting...I don't know anything anymore.
If I fall sleep and dream about the Direct, what I see will actually happen. :troll:

I would lose it if I dreamt of the exact same way the Direct was presented. Did I ever tell anyone that I actually dreamt of playing Pokémon Y before I even saw a commercial? I never saw the game or anything, and I may never understand what happened.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

There aren't any Pokémon that I forget about, but there are Pokémon names that I forget about, such as Trumbeak or Tranquil

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So just because I'm bored... What are everyone's final roster predictions?
Here's mine

Echoes
Isabelle (Villager echo)
Ken (Ryu echo)
Shadow (Sonic echo)

Newcomers
Incineroar (Probably will be revealed during the Direct)
Elma (I'd expect her to be revealed at the begining of a Smash focused Direct)
Geno (Probably the final character to be revealed and will be revealed at the end of the Smash focused direct)

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

There's a good number of Unova Pokemon that I can hardly remember, but the most forgettable one that immediately came to my mind was Maractus.

Not having good stats for a Pokemon is one thing, but the fact we already had two other memorable cactus Pokemon introduced earlier in the form of Cacnea and Cacturne also led me to not remembering Maractus most of the time.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I think someone here had the idea of Magikarp as a Pokeball Pokemon.

It'd Splash around like Goldeen but instead it actually has a hurtbox and if it gets damaged enough it evolves into Gyarados and ****s your **** up.
Except one thing to consider: Gyarados is a background Pokemon for the Kalos League stage

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
> Leakmonger

These leakers aren't even trying with these names anymore.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
There's a good number of Unova Pokemon that I can hardly remember, but the most forgettable one that immediately came to my mind was Maractus.

Not having good stats for a Pokemon is one thing, but the fact we already had two other memorable cactus Pokemon introduced earlier in the form of Cacnea and Cacturne also led me to not remembering Maractus most of the time.
Is it really the most forgettable if it came into your mind immediately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom