• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
Yeah please stop acting like it was so obvious Ridley and Rool were in the game. No, it wasn't. Ridley definitely wasn't, and while Rool seemed a lot more likely post-Ridley, we still weren't certain at all. I guarantee everyone saying they were obvious picks had at least some doubt.
The only characters (smash wii u/ultimate) that have ever been universally "safe" picks were:
:ultpalutena:and:ultinkling:
...that's all imo.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh back the heck off I already changed it.
Kidding.

I would be surprised simply because...well, that's more than 1 reveal, and that's what I'm so used to at this point.
It's simple logic, really.

There's nothing coming next month unless they announce the 2nd Smash Direct, so newcomer reveals in October seem incredibly unlikely unless we happen to get a Robin/Lucina scenario, which has yet to happen.

That leaves the rest of September(which will probably be empty after this Direct), November for the Smash Direct probably, and one week in December to dump the final newcomers. That's really not a lot of time if we remove an entire month out of the equation.

Last edited:

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
All I want now is Skull Kid in Smash and I'm like, totally set (although I'm already totally set, truth be told).

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
And those people will hardly be affected by a short loss of information compared the thenoberall impact of Smash in the gaming world. Smash is one of very few games that reveal content in this grandiose fashion. It’s a luxury and people will get over it when the next one comes out, a demo is released or the game itself.
Your opinion doesn't change anything. Businesses look bad when they go back on promises, no matter what the reason. I'm sure Nintendo knows this.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It's simple logic, really.

There's nothing coming next month unless they announce the 2nd Smash Direct, so newcomer reveals in October seem incredibly unlikely unless we happen to get a Robin/Lucina scenario, which has yet to happen.

That leaves the rest of September, November for the Smash Direct probably, and one week in December to dump the final newcomers. That's really not a lot of time if we remove an entire month out of the equation.
And they very well may just announce the 2nd Smash Direct which is another reason I find it unlikely.

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro
He has admitted that he could have worded his statement better. Move on please.
Oops, my bad. I've been catching up on messages so maybe I didn't see that (I'm on page 4057 right now). But even out of context, what I said is still something to know.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I don't know Golden Sun well but Isaac has like...earth abilities or something right? Is that why some feel they'd change the reveal considering what happened?

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I'd actually take an unique Impa over Skull Kid if she has her Hyrule Warriors design. She just looks perfect and beautiful there.

Shroob

Sup?
And they very well may just announce the 2nd Smash Direct which is another reason I find it unlikely.
If they announce it for October, then that begs the question what would be shown off in November?

Or are there only a handful of reveals left, and will we know the whole thing by October?

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Correct me if I'm wrong, as I've never worked on a video game, but wouldn't it really just be changing a number on the website and a spot on the character select screen?
It's not impossible I suppose, but I just feel like we're so close to the game going gold, I don't know if they're at a stage where they can go back and shift things around. I don't know jack about game development though, so I could just be chatting out of my arse. :laugh:

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
“Disrespectful”

Okay.

I’ve been ready to move on ever since I admitted I worded things poorly. But people kept harping on it since they lack self-control (and we even had someone say they’d wish they could break my legs, and wanting my death, yet somehow that flew under the radar of “disrespectful”.)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
If they announce it for October, then that begs the question what would be shown off in November?

Or are there only a handful of reveals left, and will we know the whole thing by October?
That's what's fun about this speculation. Really, there's no way to know. 2 more Smash Directs? Speculation all ends this very next Direct with a huge bang? Interesting thoughts.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I'm not buying Jump Force unless my boi NATSU gets in.

Dude's been left out of every. single. Shonen. Jump. game. Every single one.
You know Fairy Tail isn't a Shonen Jump series right? It's a Weekly Shonen series. That's a completely different company.

Last edited:

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
“Disrespectful”

Okay.

I’ve been ready to move on ever since I admitted I worded things poorly. But people kept harping on it since they lack self-control (and we even had someone say they’d wish they could break my legs, and wanting my death, yet somehow that flew under the radar of “disrespectful”.)
Alright, it's clear you're a troll now. Thanks for outing yourself at least.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
1. People were caught up and expecting Nintendo to wait until every single person in Japan was found, because that makes sense right?
Oh come on, EVERYONE already knows that they can't find EVERY SINGLE PERSON, they're doing the best they can but it's humanly impossible to rescue everyone, sadly. Why would you point out the obvious? Stop being a fool.
2. I’ve seen this countless times, whether it be on here, Reddit, or other places; people are eagerly awaiting a new date for the Direct without regard for Japan. It really is sickening to see. It makes my stomach turn.
Well no ****ing ****, we're showing respect to the japanse yeah, but it's not like we can go directly there and leave our jobs/college.

There's a difference between being censored, and being called out for acting like a complete sociopath. Seriously, go to /pol/ or somewhere else if you want to discuss this kind of stuff.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Correct me if I'm wrong, as I've never worked on a video game, but wouldn't it really just be changing a number on the website and a spot on the character select screen?
I'd imagine they can yeah, the only thing that would give it away that the newcomers have been revealed out of order would be hidden away within the game's code.

Chrono.

So to try to change the subject away from all this negativity....

Yeah, how about the theory that there'd be potentially more than 1 reveal in the Direct?

There's probably nothing next month, meaning that they're running out of time to reveal all the fighters before launch.
I still think we're getting just one.

If Smash has a minimal presence on this Direct then I think we have 2 Smash Directs left down the pipeline.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
That's what's fun about this speculation. Really, there's no way to know. 2 more Smash Directs? Speculation all ends this very next Direct with a huge bang? Interesting thoughts.
Yeah its very interesting to think about how they're going to go about handling the rest of the reveals.

I feel like after this direct, we'll get one more Smash-centric direct that will detail the rest of the important info and give us our final newcomers. I can see that happening in early november or late october.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Heh yea Vaati's pretty cool. Never been invested in that part of the Zelda series but he's cute. Be nice for him to pop up again.
Good Echo idea!
Cute? He is downright adorable! Just look at him!

EACC4B20-0894-42BE-8DAC-05D4A9C77687.png

I imagine everyone just said “D’awwwww”

Last edited:

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
Just want to tell ya a dream i had for smash 1 day before the direct first got anounce , telling ya this cause sometimes my dreams predict the future sometimes it dosnt.

if i remembered right it showd 20 echo fighters.... and then near the end they reveled 2 new characters.
it seem to take place in a dark ish Apocalyptic area , i forget what was attacking the area but meta knight was fighting something, it pushes meta knight into a a strange fake looking mimiku looking meta knight thing that seem to be just a toy, meta knight totally ignored it and went back on to fighting, the camera look back to this mimiku meta knight thing , it starts moving , it moves around this broken building and stops. you then see it was somone inside of it... you see ... its geno, he rushes to help meta knight.
in my dream smashboard just crashes from the hype... but then they revel the next character... the most confusing thing ever... a new character never before seen apparently form Pokemon... but its not a Pokemon. its... a human? with bat wings? Man was that weird.... he had no pokemon with him and isnt a pokemon him self but apparently seems to be connected to the next gen pokemon game not seen.

note when i say apocoliptic it look like this
just a bit more darker, it was a city like this , but it seem empty.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Guys,

Please move forward from this line of discussion concerning comments made about the earthquake. If you have an issue with a user's comments, please report it or make use of the ignore function; it is there for a reason.

Responding to flaming remarks only spawns more flaming remarks which is not ok. We are here to talk about Smash Ultimate, not whether it is moral to talk about the victims in a negative way or whether someone is heartless or not. Move forward, or have the thread locked.

Thank you and have a good evening/day.

-Cyn

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
At this point I'd think most characters are done right? Maybe some last second polishing but I'd imagine this last stretch of development is polishing and maybe last second echoes.

Shroob

Sup?
I still think we're getting just one.

If Smash has a minimal presence on this Direct then I think we have 2 Smash Directs left down the pipeline.
I guess it's not improbable for them to drop a Direct the first week in December.

But at the same time, that feels like they're cutting it dangerously close.

The game will have most likely leaked in full by then.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't know Golden Sun well but Isaac has like...earth abilities or something right? Is that why some feel they'd change the reveal considering what happened?
"Isaac is considered to be the most powerful Earth Adept in the Golden Sun series"

Had to look this up, because I wasn't sure myself. (this is a quote from the golden sun wiki)

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Or give us a 50 Or More Facts Video (Similar to what the did for Smash 4)!

Either way! I do hope we get something next week (After everyone has had time to grieve and show respect to the Earthquake victims) to shut up all the people who want new info "right the **** now" for a while until October or November comes around!

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
“Disrespectful”

Okay.

Enough out of you and enough throwing shade on this man. The point has been made and should be dropped.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
What move set would Skull Kid have though? I feel like a lot of his moves would have to be made up, because of the way Majora's Mask fights. It mainly just shoots beams of light and attacks with whips, and that's it
They make up movesets for characters all the time.
Also they've got Hyrule Warriors to work off of as well. He does a ton of things in that game.
He'd be pretty easy to make a moveset for.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What move set would Skull Kid have though? I feel like a lot of his moves would have to be made up, because of the way Majora's Mask fights. It mainly just shoots beams of light and attacks with whips, and that's it
Skull Kid Moveset Potential List:

-Majora's attacks
-Dark magic
-Tatl & Tael
-Teleporting / Disappearing
-Puppets
-Blowpipe with darts or something
-Maybe the Ocarina, or the horns he has in Twilight Princess (Music)
-Trickery / Mischief
-Masks
-That scream
-When Skull Kid joins the battle on Great Bay, Alfonzo is in charge of ending all life within Termina. Alfonzo: "I MUST CONSUME...CONSUME. EVERYTHING."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom