• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I won't even be mad. We're long overdue for a Zelda newcomer so I'd welcome her

Imagine the hype if Skull Kid was moved to DLC just to make the hype train run post-roster reveal
There would probably also be a good amount of hype if Rex and Pyra were DLC

Shroob

Sup?
So to try to change the subject away from all this negativity....

Yeah, how about the theory that there'd be potentially more than 1 reveal in the Direct?

There's probably nothing next month, meaning that they're running out of time to reveal all the fighters before launch.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
This user was warned for this post
"Cope and grieve" yeah I'm sure you have so many people you're grieving over in Japan. (This is sarcasm. It's evident to me that you aren't.) Don't even try to come back from this buddy. Also it's never a good idea to tell the people upset with you to relax.

I don't even care about your second point, that's not what most were upset about. You need to take a BIG step back.

Anyway, we should probably move on from this or whatever. So let's do that. But seriously. What the hell were you thinking.
You honestly need to shut the **** up. Really, who are you tell me whether or not I can or cannot grieve for all of the lives that have been lost in Japan? Like really, that makes you a bit cold-hearted don’t you think? I refuse to take a HUGE step back. I will not be censored by the likes of some pipsqueak who thinks he can tell people how they feel. You’re not Dr. Phil.

What I was thinking was:
1. People were caught up and expecting Nintendo to wait until every single person in Japan was found, because that makes sense right?
2. I’ve seen this countless times, whether it be on here, Reddit, or other places; people are eagerly awaiting a new date for the Direct without regard for Japan. It really is sickening to see. It makes my stomach turn.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Yeah, how about the theory that there'd be potentially more than 1 reveal in the Direct?

There's probably nothing next month, meaning that they're running out of time to reveal all the fighters before launch.
Oh back the heck off I already changed it.
Kidding.

I would be surprised simply because...well, that's more than 1 reveal, and that's what I'm so used to at this point.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Anyway.

How would you feel if Impa got in as a brand new newcomer over Skull Kid?
Honestly probably more hype than Skull Kid.

Skull Kid is a good idea, but man it's been Ageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees since I played Majora's Mask (I should probably rectify that...Shame that there's barely any nintendo roms anymore XD)

Anyways, I have seen what Impa can do in Hyrule Warriors I'd be really down with seeing her lay down some smackdown in Smash

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
What would Impa represent over Skull Kid? There seems to be different games represented in the LoZ series.

:ultlink::ultsheik:: BOTW
:ultzelda:: ALttP/ALBW
:ultganondorf::ultyounglink:: Ocarina of Time
:ulttoonlink:: Wind Waker
Skull Kid would be a better fit.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I doubt earthquake survivors are gonna be super invested in knowing "Don't worry guys, Nintendo waited till after you were found to stream the direct, now we can all watch!". I also think Nintendo is self aware/smart enough to know that.

Either the quake caused them genuine complications or they held off out of respect, whatever the reason may be, I think people are blowing this connection way out of proportion. They aren't looking to the videogame company to solve this. And nobody other than those waiting for the stupid direct (cough) actually care what Nintendo's stance on it is.

I mean like, unless they start trying to spread awareness for donations or something.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
The fact remains that Nintendo has consumers all over the world and the vast majority of them don't particularly care much about a disaster in a country they have no connection to. They're all still anticipating what was promised.
And those people will hardly be affected by a short loss of information compared the thenoberall impact of Smash in the gaming world. Smash is one of very few games that reveal content in this grandiose fashion. It’s a luxury and people will get over it when the next one comes out, a demo is released or the game itself.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
first time ive seen drama here.... but does anyone know how much are missing? wasnt there 110 missing?
There's drama everytime anyone dares to have a differing opinion that some deem offensive. Then they proceed to gang up on him and tell him how big of a piece of **** he is, which is worse than anything he said, and probably against the rules as well. If you don't like the post and think it's offensive, report it and move on. No need to crucify the poor guy.

Also, people might want to think about growing some thicker skin when using the internet if they're going to get offended by every little thing, just saying.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
I think no matter who's revealed in this direct, I feel like Nintendo's gonna probably shy away from making it Isaac at this current time.

Last edited:

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
You honestly need to shut the **** up. Really, who are you tell me whether or not I can or cannot grieve for all of the lives that have been lost in Japan? Like really, that makes you a bit cold-hearted don’t you think? I refuse to take a HUGE step back. I will not be censored by the likes of some pipsqueak who thinks he can tell people how they feel. You’re not Dr. Phil.

What I was thinking was:
1. People were caught up and expecting Nintendo to wait until every single person in Japan was found, because that makes sense right?
2. I’ve seen this countless times, whether it be on here, Reddit, or other places; people are eagerly awaiting a new date for the Direct without regard for Japan. It really is sickening to see. It makes my stomach turn.
No, no, no, mate. Don't try and spin this on other people. YOU are the one being disrespectful. I know the admin told us to drop it but I can't ignore this, please can this guy be dealt with.

Last edited by a moderator:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
You honestly need to shut the f*** up. Really, who are you tell me whether or not I can or cannot grieve for all of the lives that have been lost in Japan? Like really, that makes you a bit cold-hearted don’t you think? I refuse to take a HUGE step back. I will not be censored by the likes of some pipsqueak who thinks he can tell people how they feel. You’re not Dr. Phil.

What I was thinking was:
Disrespectful when talking about a disaster as well as being rude to other users. Checks out.

You're mean. Please stop this.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Anyway.

My attachment is to Skull Kid, not Impa, but I recognize and respect her importance. If she was unique, I'd hope she has the giant blade from HW, because she was my favorite character to play there and if her Smash moveset felt like that I'd be ecstatic.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I really don't care too much about zelda characters. We just got 6 of them (3 being link)
But none of them are new characters. We haven't had a new Zelda characters since Brawl, and even that was a clone character, so he wasn't even really all that new

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Anyway.

I’d be okay with it. She’s been in more games dating back to Zelda 2 (in fact I want playable Impa from the Zelda 2 instruction manual, I wouldn’t get her ever, but I think it’d be great), she was playable in Hyrule Warriors first. Impa’s got a lot going for her. I think she’d make a great combo echo between sheik and Greninja, but I know a lot of people find that weird.

Heck, Vaati’s still my most wanted of the franchise.

Four Sword > Master Sword.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
DarkFalcon DarkFalcon
I feel like this also applies as an explanation of my feelings regarding your previous comment.
You’re right that the direct would suffer a bit, but I think global respect is much more rewarding long-term.
I 100% understand what you're saying. I really do, but the fact of the matter is they've already gained respect for delaying it once. They've already earned brownie points with everyone. So I'm saying considering all that, it'd be best to do the direct as soon as possible before a major leak happens due to Famitsu or whatever magazine has information. That way they both gain respect and do the right business move. I hate to say it but they're marketing to more than just Japan. I think they're delaying it as much as they can before they have to do it.

I hope this didn't come off as insensitive. I tried to word it as best I can.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Anyway.

I wouldn't be too happy with that. Despite Ridley and K.Rool getting in, the series still is majorly dominated by good guys. The more villains the better imo.
Also I just find Skull Kids design to be far more interesting than any of Impa's incarnations.
Majora's Mask is also just such an important game and it'd be nice to have a character to represent it. The mask itself is iconic as hell too.

I think Impa as a sheik echo would be cool though.

Last edited:

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
I think no matter who's revealed in this direct, I feel like Nintendo's gonna probably shy away from making it Isaac at this current time.
They can't swap the order. The entire game's roster is based on reveal order. If they swap any reveals, the roster will be screwed.

D

Deleted member

I kinda doubt that'll happen, as having more than one reveal would mean Smash has a meaty presence at this Direct, which I don't think it will past a single trailer. Also, I don't think October will be empty, as not doing anything in October doesn't make much sense to me. I'm still feeling that the final info dump is coming around end of next month and first week of November, but who knows, I could be wrong.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Broke: Ken as a Ryu Echo

Joke: Shadow as a Sonic Echo

Woke: Lord Frederik as a K Rool Echo

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
What would Impa represent over Skull Kid? There seems to be different games represented in the LoZ series.

Well, since the Zelda cast are all seemingly based off of different games, Impa would likely make it in with her Skyward Sword design.

Even if she didn't make it in as a unique character, Skyward Sword Impa has a very similar body style as Sheik, making her 'Echo' clone potential.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I’d be okay with it. She’s been in more games dating back to Zelda 2 (in fact I want playable Impa from the Zelda 2 instruction manual, I wouldn’t get her ever, but I think it’d be great), she was playable in Hyrule Warriors first. Impa’s got a lot going for her. I think she’d make a great combo echo between sheik and Greninja, but I know a lot of people find that weird.

Heck, Vaati’s still my most wanted of the franchise.

Four Sword > Master Sword.
Heh yea Vaati's pretty cool. Never been invested in that part of the Zelda series but he's cute. Be nice for him to pop up again.
Good Echo idea!

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
What are we even arguing about? Just tell the guy he's an asshole for saying a stupid joke and move on with our lives.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman

There's probably nothing next month.
2 is "likely" a safer bet like the previous direct, and maybe 1 or 2 echoes on top of it.

they're running out of time to reveal all the fighters before launch.
Eh, there's some requested characters out there left, the usual Issac, Geno, Skull Kid....Paper Mario too. That's just me though.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

What move set would Skull Kid have though? I feel like a lot of his moves would have to be made up, because of the way Majora's Mask fights. It mainly just shoots beams of light and attacks with whips, and that's it

LetterO

Smash Lord
They can't swap the order. The entire game's roster is based on reveal order. If they swap any reveals, the roster will be screwed.
Correct me if I'm wrong, as I've never worked on a video game, but wouldn't it really just be changing a number on the website and a spot on the character select screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom