• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Having access to the original Mario Bros. games and Zelda 1 would be cool, at least. I'll take what I can get at this point, lol.
Hopefully they put stuff like Double Dragon and Contra on there, classic co-op stuff.

Heck Sega is already kinda doing the online old games thing on steam right now and it's so cool playing Streets of Rage online.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Just going to throw this out there because I haven’t seen anyone mention it here or on ResetEra: Saki Amamiya as an echo fighter for Shulk. Only thing that’d probably be unique for Saki is his standard B would have to be changed to gunfire. Chrom showed us anything Echoes can pull from other source material when it makes sense for the character. Perhaps one of Mii Gunner’s old custom special moves?
I'd.. be very much down for this. Though Saki would end up with rather poor frame data unless it's been getting fixed in Ultimate from Shulk.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Easy, have the people gather up in the safer areas.

On that note, have they found those 32 missing people yet? It would be nice if they could minimize any more casualties...
Unfortunately the toll keeps rising. 18 have died and I don't think they've found them yet. Hokkaido and even some parts of Sapporo still need to wait a week until they can get power back, too.

Honestly, you can't help but feel bad for Nintendo. I feel as if there's gonna be a likely chance people will say the Direct was a disappointment since stuff leaked and otherwise, when literally they couldn't have done ANYTHING to prevent any of this with the stuff they got going on right now.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
C-Could it be? I-Is he actually coming?!
It would be just the right month for a direct to show him, being a great lead-in for his TGS showcase. Let's not forget also, Capcom promised this year to be a big one for Ace Attorney fans. Not to mention, Shu Takumi meeting up with Sakurai and Kamiya back in 2016.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Everyone seems to be forgetting about the Best Buy demo that starts this weekend if I'm not mistaken. I'm looking forward to new vids.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Everyone seems to be forgetting about the Best Buy demo that starts this weekend if I'm not mistaken. I'm looking forward to new vids.
It's likely still the E3 demo, unless they actually do have a new one out...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
All I'm betting on is that new Smash info are going to be revealed when I be sleeping.

I'm going to be so mad if that happen....but at the same time, S M A S H I N F O B O Y Z !

Iridium

Smash Hero
Unfortunately the toll keeps rising. 18 have died and I don't think they've found them yet. Hokkaido and even some parts of Sapporo still need to wait a week until they can get power back, too.

Honestly, you can't help but feel bad for Nintendo. I feel as if there's gonna be a likely chance people will say the Direct was a disappointment since stuff leaked and otherwise, when literally they couldn't have done ANYTHING to prevent any of this with the stuff they got going on right now.
And the heat wave I talked about many pages back...

Temperatures reached 105°F, and over 30 people died from heat-related illnesses. Japan has suffered some of the worst natural disasters this year, and I can't explain why.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Pokemon Let's Go probably doesn't have back up saves because GF is super paranoid about cloning exploits. I imagine Gen 8 won't have access to cloud saves either. They want each pokemon to be an individual, which is probably why they haven't let go of that awful IV system yet.

D

Deleted member

All right, back to Smash talk:

Phoenix Wright being in Smash would honestly make my year and would probably be enough to tie it as my game of the year with Octo Expansion. I LOVED playing as Phoenix in MvC, having him in Smash would be a dream come true!

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Model size is irrelevant.

Posture is irrelevant as the rig/skeleton would allow for one to animate Sandman differently for idles and such.

That being said animation wise its really a :ultfalcon: vs:ultganondorf: situation.

The final smash is the only thing that WOULD need to be changed with new assets.
Sandman/Mr. Dream’s final smash could be punching a skyscraper to smithereens with the opponent(s) trapped inside.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So it seems like this issue (9/20) might not have Smash info, but the next one (9/27) will, considering that it's two weeks from now. Kind of weird logic, but it gives Nintendo another week assuming that nothing gets out really early.

Still keep an eye out this weekend.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
All right, back to Smash talk:

Phoenix Wright being in Smash would honestly make my year and would probably be enough to tie it as my game of the year with Octo Expansion. I LOVED playing as Phoenix in MvC, having him in Smash would be a dream come true!
No offense to you Ms. Fukuro, but I don't see how Phoenix would work in the game.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
OK, very fast isn't the best choice of words. But his speed stats are good/decent in his games, right?
In Radiant Dawn Ike starts off with a very fast base speed stat, and in his second tier class his speed cap is the highest possible for second tier units (being at 30), while his third tier class' speed cap (37) is just a bit below the highest possible speed cap for non-Laguz units (40). His speed growth is mediocre, however even on average through normal levelling you won't hit speed problems with him and his speed will hit the "magic number" of 34 for the endgame (which allows doubling of nearly every enemy in the endgame and the endgame bosses), while through the Bonus EXP system he will probably cap speed anyway if properly utilized. Then while I haven't played POR, I read he is even faster there and is among the fastest units in that game. So I don't get where that person was claiming Ike isn't fast in his FE games.

Just going to throw this out there because I haven’t seen anyone mention it here or on ResetEra: Saki Amamiya as an echo fighter for Shulk. Only thing that’d probably be unique for Saki is his standard B would have to be changed to gunfire. Chrom showed us anything Echoes can pull from other source material when it makes sense for the character. Perhaps one of Mii Gunner’s old custom special moves?
Saki's sword is completely different from the Monado, it's not a case of simply rescaling the sword to match the base like what was done for Lucina's and Chrom's two-handed Falchion, it's not a workable Echo.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I heard the playable characters are the O8 with Ness replacing Yoshi though.. so if that's true it could be somewhat updated.
Yoshi wasn't playable in the E3 demo to begin with.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Not to mention, Project x Zone 2, while not a fighting game, still pulled off some killer moves with Phoenix and Maya.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hey, you said you could try out the Best Buy demo, right? Not rushing you though, as you have a month to play it.
I can, but it doesn't come to my state until the 29th.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

I have never heard of such an sorcery! I guess it's now fine, then...But don't blame me! I haven't got a PS4, so I wouldn't know of it!
The game's 7 years old.
And came out on the PS3 and XBOX 360.

You'd have to be practically living under a rock to not hear of a game like this.

D

Deleted member

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

I have never heard of such an sorcery! I guess it's now fine, then...But don't blame me! I haven't got a PS4, so I wouldn't know of it!
I'm still impressed to this day how well they made him work. If it weren't for MvC, I probably wouldn't be able to imagine him in Smash either, lol.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Just goes to show you how weird characters can work in fighting games.
Another reason why Infinite is terrible.

No fun characters like Wright.

Or even expected characters like Asura...

I thought we all agreed the "doesn't have moveset potential" argument was already disproven plenty of times?
People used this against :ultkrool: saying he was like :ultbowser:. Which is crazy...

I personally would rather say "I don't know" as opposed to "they have no potential"

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
The game's 7 years old.
And came out on the PS3 and XBOX 360.

You'd have to be practically living under a rock to not hear of a game like this.
I did hear of that game, and I did watch some gameplay footage. But, I was more interested in Smash and RPG games and not fighting. I only remembered about it when you told me about it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If we do get Pheonix Wright in this game somehow, he has to shout "Hold It!" while using his grab attack or I'm going to cancel my preorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom