• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Yeah, but his posture would be different too; he's not simply a 'bigger Little Mac', so when you put it all together, it doesn't really seem like a simple rework like the rest of the Echoes so far.

Here, look, Sandman would need:

Larger frame (at least double the size of Little Mac)
Different posture; so the model & frame would be radically different
Different idle animation and walk cycle
Different Attack animations
Different special attacks since he's not based on Speed, Agility, or Quick movements in general
Different fighting style (mentioned above)
Different Final Smash (he doesn't need to go 'Beast mode' or whatever Mac does since he's already a beast of a fighter as it is)
You raise a good point.

Giga Mac’s skeleton would work better for annumber of the larger fighters like Sandman or Bald Bull (that masked arm wrestler)

Whereas the skinnier fighters could work with an upsized little Mac skeleton (great tiger, don flamenco, Glass joe)

D

Deleted member

For those curious about Nintendo's cloud save service, it just got confirmed that Splatoon 2 won't support cloud saves.

MMM...I'm actually a little salty right now, lol. Ah well, I really shouldn't be surprised. I had a feeling this service was gonna have problems...

It definitely is a head scratcher. Wasn't Splatoon 2 right next to BotW as one of the biggest requests for cloud save support before Nintendo announced the service? It just doesn't make any sense to me...

Chrono.

Not gonna lie, I have this weird gut feeling that if the newcomer isn't a Pokemon, there isn't gonna be a Pokemon newcomer. I don't know why, I just feel like that'll be the case.
I've been feeling this way for a while now.

Only thing kinda holding me over is the Verg rumor. But I wouldn't be shocked or surprised to see Pokemon not getting a newcomer before DLC.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
If we get a Little Mac echo I want it to be Glass Joe. He's Mac but much weaker and without the power meter. The KO punch is his Final Smash instead.
While I think Glass Joe would be a PERFECT joke character, Little Mac really cant have an echo. Echoes share the same body type as their base fighter and Mac is significantly smaller than all of the boxers he fights in Punch Out. Glass Joe would look really weird standing next to Mac and being the same height.

But man making Glass Joe just a pathetically terrible joke character would be perfect. He's iconic as hell.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I kind of think if the next reveal isn't Skull Kid, his chances are dead in the water, same with a Gen 7 mon.

I could of course be wrong, but that's my gut.

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
I think F corrin is really cool tbh, I mean, I understand disliking the character because of the game. However save for that, Corrin feels completely unique from every other Fire Emblem character in the game. Sort of even using a lance in one move. I take her over Lucina and Chrom any time.

Wambo

Smash Ace
nah no way this is the last character.

we'll definitely get one last smash direct before the game launches and the we'll see our final newcomer(s)

excluding echoes, there are probably only 2-3 more characters. I'm guessing 1 in this direct and 2 in a final smash direct.

Geno will be the last character.
Preach it, brother!

Starting to look more and more like Geno will be the last reveal, to perfectly top off ten years or so of character speculation. Couldn't ask for a better character for it either.

Except Banjo, who was supposed to be in either Smash 64 or Melee (can't remember), but I personally don't think he's happening.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
For those curious about Nintendo's cloud save service, it just got confirmed that Splatoon 2 won't support cloud saves.

MMM...I'm actually a little salty right now, lol. Ah well, I really shouldn't be surprised. I had a feeling this service was gonna have problems...

It definitely is a head scratcher. Wasn't Splatoon 2 right next to BotW as one of the biggest requests for cloud save support before Nintendo announced the service? It just doesn't make any sense to me...
Stopped reading at 'Resetera' while doing so in that link/article.

Not to start cross drama, but that site is very toxic, and just recently there has been peoples admitting that site is toxic, they wanting NeoGAF back, and there is a mass ban right now.

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I kind of think if the next reveal isn't Skull Kid, his chances are dead in the water, same with a Gen 7 mon.

I think there are three left and I really have a gut feeling that the last one is Geno. I think if a character isnt shown off in this direct they still have one more chance.

Echoes are a whole different story though. Who knows how many of those we'll see.

Then of course there will be DLC and I absolutely think an ARMS rep and Rex are both locks for that.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
CLOUD SAVES ARE HERE!

...and no games that need them are going to use them...

why nintendo why...

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

I am still on the boat if the whole of the "Hint" was in the same vein as the supposed "K.Rool" one, then it would be more likely that Chibi Robo would be the character that got in.

D

Deleted member

Pokemon Let's Go won't support Cloud Saves, either.
Just read that. Dark Souls won't either.

I really hate to be negative, but man Nintendo, you're reaaallllly dropping the ball here. At this rate, it really is just a paygate to Splatoon 2, ARMS and Smash. That's really disappointing. :(

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
If you ask me, all Fire Emblem games feel pretty much the same to me. Yes, I have played through almost all of the games and I don't fancy a particular one on account of gameplay. I mostly care about the superficial aspects such as character designs, backgrounds, animations, and music. Awakening is still my favorite because of the sentimental value I see in it and because I love Kozaki Yusuke's character designs. I dislike Fates because the stories are complete garbage. It does have my favorite soundtrack though.

Last edited:

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Splatoon 2 and Pokémon LGPE won't support cloud saves? that's two big tittles! We really need a video explaining the online service

Iridium

Smash Hero

I know I showed this before, but Polar Bear: the hero we don't deserve, at least I think was him.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hold on a second.

*go see if Xenoblade 2 as save cloud compatible*

Pfiou! Thank god, it's compatible, no worry for me.

Starbound

Splatoon 2, Pokemon, Fifa, NBA, Dark Souls and Dead Cells are the games without Cloud Saves.

At least BotW and Odyssey have it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Not sure if Cloud saves are gonna be needed for me, therefore I’m unaffected

D

Deleted member

At this rate, I won't be surprised if it comes out that BotW won't support it either.

EDIT: Just saw Starbound say that BotW will have it. THANK GOODNESS, at least there's that!

*Sigh*...I'm gonna be hopeful and say this service will get better over time. Maybe there are problems to work out, maybe it's misinformation, who knows? I'll wait and see what happens when the service launches.

Man, I'm so bummed right now. Cloud saves were the only positive I had from the service, and now I can't even be positive about that. I'm really hoping Nintendo knows what they're doing, because right now, things don't look good for this service...

Last edited by a moderator:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Splatoon 2, Pokemon, Fifa, NBA, Dark Souls and Dead Cells are the games without Cloud Saves.

At least BotW and Odyssey have it.

These games doesn't have/allow Cloud Saving for 1 reason: to prevent exploiting the online service.

What if you saved, then you used your current account to buy something else, then revert it using the cloud saving?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
At this rate, I won't be surprised if it comes out that BotW won't support it either.

*Sigh*...I'm gonna be hopeful and say this service will get better over time. Maybe there are problems to work out, maybe it's misinformation, who knows? I'll wait and see what happens when the service launches.

Man, I'm so bummed right now. Cloud saves were the only positive I had from the service, and now I can't even be positive about that. I'm really hoping Nintendo knows what they're doing, because right now, things don't look good for this service...
BOTW, Odyssey & XB2 are compatible.

I think as of now, only multiplayers games aren't compatible, which may be due to Nintendo being scard of save scumming or somethin'?

Not really sure tbh.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I know the direct was delayed because of the earthquake but Nintendo...

You need to get that direct out soon...

We need answers for the online service. If Splatoon 2 isn't gonna support CloudSaves then idk what to say.

D

Deleted member

Smash related, nada.

I'm gonna laugh a little if we all go through this period of direct purgatory eagerly awaiting Smash content and there wasn't even any Smash content in the direct in the first place lol.
I mean, I did say it was a possibility since it was just a general direct, so Smash info wasn't a guarantee, but I was denied that possibility awfully fast lol.

Starbound

C-Could it be? I-Is he actually coming?!
I would f-ing die.

They did say an AA game was coming in the 2018 to Switch. I hope it's a new one but I'll still take a collection instead.

Honestly, if we got an AA1-3 collection and an AJ/AA/SoJ compilation both for Switch, I am totally okay with getting both of them instead of Smash.

D

Deleted member

BOTW, Odyssey & XB2 are compatible.

I think as of now, only multiplayers games aren't compatible, which may be due to Nintendo being scard of save scumming or somethin'?

Not really sure tbh.
I'd agree if the saves were local back-up, but it being cloud-based means it would be on servers ran by Nintendo, right? There'd be no way for people to access them like that.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Imagine the anger if both Banjo and Steve were supposed to be revealed during the direct, and only Steve is leaked.

Untouch

Smash Master
NoA is tweeting a lot today. I keep getting notifications thinking it's an announcement of the delay but it's them announcing something I'd expect to be announced in the direct.

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
I think F corrin is really cool tbh, I mean, I understand disliking the character because of the game. However save for that, Corrin feels completely unique from every other Fire Emblem character in the game. Sort of even using a lance in one move. I take her over Lucina and Chrom any time.
This. Sorry to all the FE fans, but Lucina just feels completely redundant. I get she probably didn't take much Dev time, but it definitely oversaturates the series

People give these reveals too much power. Yes we would prefer them not to get leaked but if it does its not the end of the world. No one is going to give a crap once the game launches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom