• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
But he is part of the O8 from Smash 64, but he is still being absent for some reason (probably new final smash) and Ness is replacing him, that's why I specified that.
Definitely new final smash. Before Yoshi had a transforming and then play as the transformation final Smash.

Those are all gone.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Question; Have we seen Roy's Final Smash yet? It'd be super-disappointing if it's just copy-paste Marth's again. It sucked like hell that his Final Smash in four didn't bother to take advantage of the fact that he, y'know, can turn into a dragon

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Question; Have we seen Roy's Final Smash yet? It'd be super-disappointing if it's just copy-paste Marth's again. It sucked like hell that his Final Smash in four didn't bother to take advantage of the fact that he, y'know, can turn into a dragon
It’s exactly what it was in Smash 4. :|

Also, I haven’t been here for 30 friggin pages. What happened since last night?
Only thing I’ve seen is all the stuff on the eShop.

Last edited:

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
So what could Yoshi’s Final Smash be to require it being hidden? We have seen plenty of new and adjusted FS so far, so why the secrecy? It’s not like Robin who was hiding a character in theirs.

Sephazon

月に代わって、お仕置きよ !
Writing Team
NNID
Sephazon
OBJECTION!!

We cannot have Phoenix Wright join the roster without first having a detective, such as Ayumi Tachibana, join!

Ayumi.png

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato

It's in this video.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
We have. It's the same one from Smash 4.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
It's still the same...So it sucks. At least it's a bit more potent now.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
GUYS! I'VE FIGURED IT OUT!

The reason the newcomers keep killing people in their trailers is because in the last reveal trailer, they're all going to be brought to court on the charge of murder. They're about to get the guilty verdict and then: OBJECTION

PHOENIX WRIGHT WILL ARRIVE TO THEIR DEFENSE

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait.

What.

Does that mean Roy's a manakete? I guess that explains all the fire stuff in his attacks...

Last edited by a moderator:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Which FE6 version did you play where Roy turns into a dragon???

T-Hell

Smash Lord
So what could Yoshi’s Final Smash be to require it being hidden? We have seen plenty of new and adjusted FS so far, so why the secrecy? It’s not like Robin who was hiding a character in theirs.
I remember some people here long ago suggesting that it could be the Eggdozer.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
While Roy should be able to do manakete things as his canon mom is Ninian... he never does.

If it’s ever going to happen, it will happen in heroes and not Smash. Unless they used it in Warriors?

I’d like to see it start happening. Then Roy could be even further decloned as he becomes a hybrid of Marth, his own unique moves, and Corrin.

Maybe it had Poochy?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
OBJECTION!!

We cannot have Phoenix Wright join the roster without first having a detective, such as Ayumi Tachibana, join!

View attachment 162378
Not a problem!

"Ema Skye joins the battle as Phoenix Wright's echo fighter! She's a better detective, than the lawyer, so she finds evidence faster, but she's not as familiar in the courtroom."

And Wright has 4 alt costumes where he becomes Edgeworth so his fans can be happy. And Ema can have 4 costumes as Maya because we need her.

Last edited:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I missed all the FE talk? Oh darn. I was ready to put my opinions out there, too.

Anyway, lots of trailers that were most likely going to be in the Direct, eh? I wonder what will be revealed next.

Sephazon

月に代わって、お仕置きよ !
Writing Team
NNID
Sephazon
She's kinda cute.
Where is she from?
Ayumi Tachibana is a character from the Famicom Detective Club series on the Famicom and Satellaview. She was originally on the drawing board to be a newcomer in Super Smash Bros. Melee, but never made it out of planning. She has a support thread in the character discussion subforum.

Which FE6 version did you play where Roy turns into a dragon???
The good one.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Uh,
1) His Final Smash isn't Marth's and it never was, it just has the same name.
2) Roy never canonically transforms into a dragon. If he can, he probably doesn't even realize it.
Wait.

What.

Does that mean Roy's a manakete? I guess that explains all the fire stuff in his attacks...
No, he has fire attacks because is sword is magic.
In FE7, Eliwood has possible (and heavily pushed) romance with an ice dragon (the one in my avatar, even). That game has multiple endings though, and Eliwood could end up marrying Lyn instead.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

GUYS! I'VE FIGURED IT OUT!

The reason the newcomers keep killing people in their trailers is because in the last reveal trailer, they're all going to be brought to court on the charge of murder. They're about to get the guilty verdict and then: OBJECTION

PHOENIX WRIGHT WILL ARRIVE TO THEIR DEFENSE
Or, they'll all be revived by the Dragon Balls as the trailer pans back and reveals the maker of the wish is....

D

Deleted member

Since when can Roy turn into a dragon?
And his Smash 4 Final Smash is completely different from Marth's in all but name.
Maybe it just isn't ready? I mean, there's no reason to keep it hidden so much unless it has some cool reference and it's not like it would hint at a new character.

Sephazon

月に代わって、お仕置きよ !
Writing Team
NNID
Sephazon
If Chrom is present in the match, Alfonzo takes his place in Robin's final smash.

Rob.png Alf.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Did anyone post this tweet yet? It's PushDustIn talking about Famitsu:

Apologies if it's already been discussed.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I missed all the FE talk? Oh darn. I was ready to put my opinions out there, too.

Anyway, lots of trailers that were most likely going to be in the Direct, eh? I wonder what will be revealed next.
You didn’t miss it. We’re still talking FE. Opine away.

Anna vs Hector. Axe lord vs Axe Lord. Where does your opinion land?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
They showed his Final Smash already. Also turn into a dragon? lol wut

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Phoenix Wright would be hilarious and awesome, but I don't think he's really playable character material. Being a physically unimposing guy is definitely a part of his character and he doesn't have any particularly special abilities other than being very bold and pretty smart. UMvC3 handled it by making him a massive gimmick fighter who was briefly a secret top tier thanks to a super overpowered assist gimmick that they then patched out to make him one of the worst characters in the game since pretty much everything about him fundamentally sucked at actually fighting; I was pretty salty after that nerf not going to lie since I was all in on the idea of the Wright team. Either way, it would be pretty out of character for him to even punch and kick; he'd be way too hard to work with. He could make a decent assist trophy though.

Yoshi obviously needs a new final smash. I figured it was just not shown because they were wasting enough of our time showing other final smashes already so a fairly arbitrary array of characters didn't have their final smashes shown with Yoshi being on the list. There's probably no meaning to his exclusion in this; I'd just consider it a plus if you care about Yoshi (who we spend too much time discussing in this thread) because his little gameplay segment was 100% real gameplay instead of wasting a good chunk of the time on the final smash...

SonicMario

Smash Master
Not a problem!

"Ema Skye joins the battle as Phoenix Wright's echo fighter! She's a better detective, than the lawyer, so she finds evidence faster, but she's not as familiar in the courtroom."

And Wright has 4 alt costumes where he becomes Edgeworth so his fans can be happy. And Ema can have 4 costumes as Maya because we need her.
Ema would need a Snackoo projectile :V

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I'm predicting they're just gonna change up Super Dragon to be more cinematic like they did with Super Sonic and SUPER PAC-MAN. Same with Rocketbarrel Barrage.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
You didn’t miss it. We’re still talking FE. Opine away.

Anna vs Hector. Axe lord vs Axe Lord. Where does your opinion land?
If we're talking strictly both of their appearances as Axe users, then Hector.

If we're talking about Anna in general, then she takes the cake.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I thought we all agreed the "doesn't have moveset potential" argument was already disproven plenty of times?
It's still an important factor and has led to the inclusion and exclusion of characters in the past; Sakurai has outright made it clear for a character to be included he has to be able to envision an interesting moveset and design for them that will fit into Smash and set them apart from the existing characters (for non-clones that is). The problem is none of us are Sakurai, so while people can and will make up movesets for anything that exists to claim it has "moveset potential", it doesn't mean Sakurai will envision such and like it enough for Smash to prioritize it (e.g. Chrom). Conversely Sakurai can and has envision things differently than people have and came up with workable movesets that people didn't imagine.

So while lack of obvious "moveset potential" won't automatically disqualify a character, it is nonetheless a legitimate concern for people to have and people shouldn't be shouted down with "moveset potential doesn't matter!" for voicing that concern.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Roy activating a critical hit isn't even true to his game.

If we wanted to go full canon, he would've just summoned Lilina with Forblaze to nuke the enemy for him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In regards to Manakete Roy, it was never an official thing, only theoretically possible (Kana and Morgan being able to transform despite being half-dragon (Kana) or potentially half-dragon (Morgan), while I don't think someone like Sophia has been confirmed or denied).

I doubt Sakurai would canonize Roy's mom either. I mean, Eliwood/Ninian is right there with Chrom/Sumia in the "this is absolutely canon but we'll be coy about it anyway to not anger the shippers" section, but still.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I'm predicting they're just gonna change up Super Dragon to be more cinematic like they did with Super Sonic and SUPER PAC-MAN. Same with Rocketbarrel Barrage.
Then they would have shown it at E3, I don't think they're having this weird secretism to the point of replacing his O8 spot in the Best Buy demo for it to be the same smash but cinematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom