• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
This is so boooooooooooring...It takes very long for a leak to appear, but I've thought of a little game to pass some time.
Imagine your main is now a Smashboards user. What would he or she do?

For me, this Mii Fighter would ask around and challenge everyone to a Smash game.
Roy would just be a **** poster that accidentally starts flame wars.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Leaks aren't really the right word because these are officially releases from third party companies (and one from Nintendo)

Only the Yoshi title was a "leak". Sort of.

I just think the clarification is important because it's so bizzare these companies can't wait. Maybe they're afraid it would actually leak and so they would rather be the first to release the info?

With the power coming back to Hokkaido I wonder if we will get it asap...I still think over the weekend in Japan is unlikely so maybe Sunday/Monday?

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
This is so boooooooooooring...It takes very long for a leak to appear, but I've thought of a little game to pass some time.

For me, this Mii Fighter would ask around and challenge everyone to a Smash game.
Richter would tell everyone to die and they don't belong in this world.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but their designs seem so alien when compared to the rest lol. You can't tell me that playing as a 4 legged Mosquito man with the physique of the Rock doesn't sound awesome.
Nah, I'd rather play with a Pokemon I actually like

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman

Idk why but I feel like Kirby would be that one guy who misses out on a huge news, comes an hour late and says "hey guys what did I miss?"

CaptainMac

Smash Cadet
Yeah, but their designs seem so alien when compared to the rest lol. You can't tell me that playing as a 4 legged Mosquito man with the physique of the Rock doesn't sound awesome.
I personally think Buzzwole is one of the worst designs of Gen 7.

I really want the Pokemon rep to be Incineroar.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So...

Something I just noticed about these is that almost all of these are from 3rd Parties, like the crossover content between them and Nintendo - especially since we found out about Yoshi's Crafted World through another different source, with no gameplay footage/trailer shown by Nintendo).

I'm having a hunch that while these seemed bit thrown out for our vicinity by 3rd parties,, we might not necessarily see actual first party content from Nintendo along with it.

So maybe Smash-content will be locked behind aside from Famitsu perhaps allowing some first glimpse if things go that way enough.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ultra Beasts didn't fit in at all in the seventh generation and ultimately served to hold it back in my opinion when such an idea should have been held off for another generation where alternate dimensions was more relevant than an island adventure.

I'd rather not have one show up in the Smash roster when the generation actually has a lot of great Pokemon to pick from that represent it better. Even if the hypthetical UB pick would be Buzzwole, easily the best one among its kind.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The character I like and dislike the most is the random button.

It's a love/hate relationship between it and me if you know what I mean, and not because I dislike some characters, but because it's sometime giving me the same character twice or thrice in a row, which kinda defeat the purpose ya know?

That and the fact you can't get Mii on random. :urg:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Glad to here the power is being restored

It still sucks for them since there’s some flaws they have to address about it

And by that photo looks like some mudslides co-op with the earthquake

That really stinks for them
The landslides are probably what caused the most casualties. They were possibly due to the typhoon that passed through earlier and loosened the ground. The earthquake had hit the region at 3 am followed by massive landslides. They probably didn’t know what hit them and then got buried. A man was interviewed on tv yesterday as he looked for the rest of his family :(

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I personally think Buzzwole is one of the worst designs of Gen 7.

I really want the Pokemon rep to be Incineroar.
Incineroar is one of the worst designs in my opinion. Litten's line had so much potential and they just had to mess it up.
It looks like a human wrestler with a tiger head -
580b57fbd9996e24bc43be9f.png

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
1536326564475.png

I don't mind getting spoiled, so... what's up with this?

While I personally don't mind, others probably would, so please be nice and put it in a spoiler tag.

Freduardo

Smash Champion

I would rate it 6 out of 10, but it's temporary at the moment.

Little Mac would probably start a thread to analyze every smash character in the boxing terms or “swarmer”, “slugger”, and “outboxer” and see if the typical Rock Paper Scissors logic of boxing holds true in Smash match ups.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
View attachment 162342

I don't mind getting spoiled, so... what's up with this?

While I personally don't mind, others probably would, so please be nice and put it in a spoiler tag.
It’s basically a warning that there’s a possibility some leakers could find the trailer(s) for characters 68 (and 69) for smash bros ultimate

Basically the ryu and Roy incident possibly happening again

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Little Mac would probably start a thread to analyze every smash character in the boxing terms or “swarmer”, “slugger”, and “outboxer” and see if the typical Rock Paper Scissors logic of boxing holds true in Smash match ups.
There are three types of Smash fighters: Broken ones, trash ones and Fox.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Incineroar is one of the worst designs in my opinion. Litten's line had so much potential and they just had to mess it up.
It looks like a human wrestler with a tiger head -
Man, I don't want to go on a full scale rant about Incineroar since I know it has fans, but it's easily one of the weakest designs in a long time from my perspective. They tried to pull the "Animal X Human Fighter Class" strategy that worked for Greninja or Decidueye but failed to do so properly. The reason that type of design worked for Greninja and Decidueye is because they drew interesting parallels between the two things they were combining. For example, Greninja highlighted the similarity in stance between a Ninja and a Frog and the similar shape and color of a long frog's tongue and a dramatic ninja scarf. Incineroar just slapped some tiger biology on top of the body of a human wrestler. The belt feels slapped on simply for the sake of saying "look he's a fire type" and draws none of the interesting parallels between, say, and owl's wing and an archer's bow.

And that's just commenting on the actual physical design and not other issues like the lack of any logical leadup to Incineroar in the evolution line or the fact that his name feels awkward and out of place because it fails to follow the normal conventions for Pokemon with portmanteau names.

Last edited:

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman

He's not my main, but I was bored so I thought about it and
Luigi's gonna be that very impressionable guy who believes in leaks way too easily

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Hey Joe, while you're on here, I'm curious, what Pokémon would you like to see playable in Ultimate?
Can't answer that. Sorry.

If you don't mind my asking, do you think the appearance by Masuda/whatever was planned to be shown on Pokénchi this weekend will be effected by the Direct being delayed?
All signs point to it not being delayed

Hey, Celebi-kun! I think I'm your fan, I have to admit...

But, anyways, shouldn't the leaks come by now? I mean, so far we have seen that Yoshi and FFXV, and Megaman 11 leaks.
Yoshi is the only thing that was a "leak" and that was an accidental error on the Nintendo site. The rest of things were official releases and reveals since holding on for the Direct didn't suit their respective companies

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Just as a point for those freaking out over Famitsu, Push has pointed out that Sakurai only does a column once a fortnight, so there won’t be one from him this week anyway.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
Just as a point for those freaking out over Famitsu, Push has pointed out that Sakurai only does a column once a fortnight, so there won’t be one from him this week anyway.
Right. That said, they may very well still want to do the direct before Famitsu ANYWAY if there were other, non-Smash things in the Direct that were going to be covered. But it might not affect Smash in particular.

Last edited:

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
By now the direct would be a smash direct if everything else is getting out xd

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Yeah it's a bummer that these third party companies couldn't wait. Sounds like a lot of the surprises of the Direct are out in the open now.

I'm assuming the only real surprises left will be news on 1st party Nintendo games.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yeah it's a bummer that these third party companies couldn't wait. Sounds like a lot of the surprises of the Direct are out in the open now.

I'm assuming the only real surprises left will be news on 1st party Nintendo games.
Atleast one of them that’s hiding is character 68 (and possibly 69) and what ever number of echos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom