• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maskedali

Smash Rookie
Hmm... The info presented over the course of the last few hours, both true and false, has convinced me to at least attempt to shield myself from Direct spoilers, at very least until a date is announced. It really is terrible that things have turned out like this, with the earthquake and all the tragedy in Japan. Perhaps the delay will in some way be helpful though, as it seems to have inspired some positive action in the forms of donations, awareness, and empathy.

Best of luck to all you seekers, I hope whatever information leaks is to your satisfaction. Hopefully the proper direct won't be completely redundant when it finally airs.
Godspeed and farewell for a season!

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I want Nihilego. It could be both this games' Pokemon and WTF character. It is a poison/rock type which is very unqiue as both a Pokemon and a Smash fighter.

I'd like Nihilego, but in all honesty I'd expect them more in the form of Ultra Lusamine as a boss fight. That'd be kind of dope.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
I want Nihilego. It could be both this games' Pokemon and WTF character. It is a poison/rock type which is very unqiue as both a Pokemon and a Smash fighter. It merged with Lusamine will probably end up being the Pokemon boss though.

I agree entirely with this. Nihilego would be absolutely fantastic!

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Pokemon, huh? I still wish Zeroara had a chance. I'd like anything that isn't a starter this time around, like Buzzwole or Golisopop, even Tapu Koko or Lycanroc.
Edit: I looked up Zeroara stuff and its Pokedex entry is insane...
Ultra Sun: It electrifies its claws and tears its opponents apart with them. Even if they dodge its attack, they’ll be electrocuted by the flying sparks.
Ultra Moon: It approaches its enemies at the speed of lightning, then tears them limb from limb with its sharp claws.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Pokemon, huh? I still wish Zeroara had a chance. I'd like anything that isn't a starter this time around, like Buzzwole or Golisopop, even Tapu Koko or Lycanroc.
Agreed, Shulk. I do want a 7th pokemon, but I'm hoping this time it's not a starter. Last time we had no new starter was in Brawl, I think, with Lucario.

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Wobuffet!! There were several games that were leaked. That Pokefloats was fake.

With this list of leaks and a likely smash character how would you rate the direct so far?
That port is a big surprise.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
This is so boooooooooooring...It takes very long for a leak to appear, but I've thought of a little game to pass some time.
Imagine your main is now a Smashboards user. What would he or she do?

For me, this Mii Fighter would ask around and challenge everyone to a Smash game.

With this list of leaks and a likely smash character how would you rate the direct so far?
That port is a big surprise.
I would rate it 6 out of 10, but it's temporary at the moment.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Contemplating if to stay around here too -dunno if I want to have a newcomer I'd like to see spoiled. Unless it's some Gen 7 Pokemon-rep. Hmh.

But I kind of expect the leaked info to spread very quickly by the time the next week comes, so maybe it can't be helped. :seuss:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Jigglypuff would just look at all posts mentioning her and ignore everyone who says something bad about her.

EDIT: She's not my main but Bayonetta would open a bottle of wine and laugh at people who are salty over her with Jeanne.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
This is so boooooooooooring...It takes very long for a leak to appear, but I've thought of a little game to pass some time.

For me, this Mii Fighter would ask around and challenge everyone to a Smash game.

I would rate it 6 out of 10, but it's temporary at the moment.
Yoshi would spam messages about food, eating and... um, "other stuff" until he gets banned. Not his fault, that's just what Yoshis do :yoshi:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Welp. Ubisoft just released a new StarLink trailer with Star Fox. It's great seeing them again, looks like Andross might be a boss. This direct is getting more and more pointless though.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I feel nintendo may just cancel the direct and upload each trailer directly to their youtube, if they delay it any further everything is going to leak anyways

SSB4Dojo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CommanderCanuck7
Wrong-o!!

June 15th never got an update. June 14th, Alolan Vulpix, was the last one until June 18th which was Mario.

This was the second time.
Depending on region, we never have Friday updates in the US, just Thursday night ones (or at least what nintendo considers Thursday). The only time we never had it was after the smash direct as they posted King krool early on Wednesday night instead of the Thursday night skipping Thursday night for the first time. This was the second time though so that part was true.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Welp. Ubisoft just released a new StarLink trailer with Star Fox. This direct is getting more and more pointless.
Why are these companies releasing these videos?...heck even the Yo Kai watch video was announced through Nintendo themselves.

Like can these companies not wait a week? They seem worse than their fans lol.

I wonder...if we don't hear from a direct and these videos keep getting posted maybe they'll just cancel the direct? Let everything get posted individually? Sakurai posts about a Smash newcomer announcement and just puts a video on the site?

Probably unlikely since it's pre-recorded but it is starting to feel pointless lol. (Well except online, so if that's a part of the direct then it defintely needs to happen).

Edit: Ignore my weird typos and word replacement (relaxing videos???) I'm usually on mobile and typing while walking lol.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Another Famitsu thought...have these articles been posting about Smash news/reveals/characters? I haven't seen anyone post anything from Famitsu and with how ravenous we all are I'd imagine we would have seen some new pics from there.

Untouch

Smash Master
Another Famitsu thought...have these articles been posting about Smash news/reveals/characters? I haven't seen anyone post anything from Famitsu and with how ravenous we all are I'd imagine we would have seen some new pics from there.
Sakurai's interview explicitly talked about the entire direct and was written before the direct even aired.

D

Deleted member

If there's a new pokemon Rep, I'm kind of leaning towards it being an Ultra Beast since it represents a new thing exclusive to Sun & Moon (at least for the time being). Of course, I'd be fine with Incineroar (and would welcome his fighting archetype), but any one of the other Ultra Beasts witht he right build (Pheramosa, Buzzwole, Xurkitree, or Kartana) or Necrozma (I forget whether he's considered an Ultra Beast or not) would be really epic. Zeraora as well, but his introduction was so late that I don't know if it would be possible. Though, on the other hand, Greninja was given as concept art to Sakurai for the last one, so chances are it was ready for his viewing during the development of Smash Ultimate.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Depending on region, we never have Friday updates in the US, just Thursday night ones (or at least what nintendo considers Thursday). The only time we never had it was after the smash direct as they posted King krool early on Wednesday night instead of the Thursday night skipping Thursday night for the first time. This was the second time though so that part was true.
Yeah, the updates are a bit wonky with the regions. Though, in essence, it is the last update of the week thus feels more like a Friday update than a Thursday one

SSB4Dojo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CommanderCanuck7
Yeah, the updates are a bit wonky with the regions. Though, in essence, it is the last update of the week thus feels more like a Friday update than a Thursday one
Yeah, I have my info set up Sunday through Thursday and even though the music comes out Tuesday night, knowing it is the middle of the week keeps making me say Wednesday for music (again for US). Having posts about 9pm est where some don’t come up till the next day but are considered the day before is tricky.

D

Deleted member

I came here expecting Smash leaks and I'm disappointed. What's the point of putting spoiler warnings if nothing got actually spoiled?
If there's a new pokemon Rep, I'm kind of leaning towards it being an Ultra Beast since it represents a new thing exclusive to Sun & Moon (at least for the time being). Of course, I'd be fine with Incineroar (and would welcome his fighting archetype), but any one of the other Ultra Beasts witht he right build (Pheramosa, Buzzwole, Xurkitree, or Kartana) or Necrozma (I forget whether he's considered an Ultra Beast or not) would be really epic. Zeraora as well, but his introduction was so late that I don't know if it would be possible. Though, on the other hand, Greninja was given as concept art to Sakurai for the last one, so chances are it was ready for his viewing during the development of Smash Ultimate.
Ultra Beasts are such a meaningless addition to Pokemon, they're no different than other Pokemon other than an exclusive ability and standarized stats but they play completely the same.
We're getting a new normal Pokemon, that's for sure.

D

Deleted member

I came here expecting Smash leaks and I'm disappointed. What's the point of putting spoiler warnings if nothing got actually spoiled?

Ultra Beasts are such a meaningless addition to Pokemon, they're no different than other Pokemon other than an exclusive ability and standarized stats but they play completely the same.
We're getting a new normal Pokemon, that's for sure.
Yeah, but their designs seem so alien when compared to the rest lol. You can't tell me that playing as a 4 legged Mosquito man with the physique of the Rock doesn't sound awesome.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Sakurai's interview explicitly talked about the entire direct and was written before the direct even aired.
So....if we do get a Smash leak it will just be text?

That's nice for the confirmation I suppose but not as cool as pictures :/
There's not even a guarantee he would talk about a newcomer, or if there even is one. The lack of a blog update is suspicious, especially considering they could just replace it with literally any veteran update and not spoil anything.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Any news on the direct?

And as for smash

If this keeps up they may just change it up so the smash trailer(s) are shown just like Lucina/Robin trailer back in smash 4

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man, I'm wondering more about who is going to show the new Smash content rather that when it will happen at this point.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Last edited:

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Ah, thought something Smash-related leaked from the title of the thread. Already knew most of this stuff, lol.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Mine, Ridley, would pretty much destroy the computer after surfing around the Boards for a while out of rage (as he usually does). He just cannot believe humans sometimes.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976

Not my main, but Pac-Man is a bonafied ****poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom