• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The Pokefloat leak have been proven fake, right?

I don't know if the one who posted it said it was fake. But what if if we had something similar to the ESRB leak where the leaker modified Shulk render to make it more "fake" and changed the word "disabled" to "disebled" or somethin' like that. (in that case, putting fake model into the mix to make it look like the stage was also fake)

Again, If the original creator of the leak confirmed it was fake, then ignore this post.:lol:

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I hate the fact that most of these "leaks" use characters we know have a good chance at getting in. Seriously, I want to see more ridiculous picks, like Big the Cat!
The lack of Duke Nukem support disturbs me. I thought people should always bet on Duke.

And now a new Yo-Kai Watch game just got announced.
Also, Nintendo Life brought up detailed info about cloud saves. Seems to me like there still wouldn't have been coverage for the online features.

In terms of games, I'm hearing of Gone Home, Doughlings: Arcade and Wandersong. Nothing to be alarmed about.

On a different note, it seems Capcom will have an Ace Attorney panel at TGS.

My biggest question is who, or how, the character(s) will leak if it's pre-Famitsu.

They delayed the blog post, meaning we don't have to worry about the blog spoiling it, but I know one intern-kun is just dying to be fired.
Luckily they don't update on the weekends, that's the only consistent thing about the blog besides songs on tuesdays.

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
So I carefully waded through 60 pages to not get spoiled on the things I do not want to get spoiled but also see the things I want to see.

To only it being a preemptive title, ah well.

I really like thay pokefloats Idea..I actually considered it might happen like that. But if it uasn't got Team Rockets meowth Balloon and Psyducks balloon. Then no thanks.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Considering the fact that there were numerous graphical mistakes in the picture, both technical (bad renders) and aesthetic (the Kirby star), it's safe to assume that they're not the result of something done on purpose in order to selectively validate some of the elements.
I think is could be done on purpose, but then again, it may be too obvious like you said.

I don't know, the stage look so good, I kidna want it to be real, but if it's not, heh, I can live without it I guess.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
So the blog didn't update again. No update on Friday for the first time. There was definitely Smash stuff in the direct.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I still think people are barking up the wrong Alolan Exeggcutor with Incineroar and the new Pokemon is going to be Tapu Koko. I think people are just assuming we're getting a starter because we got Greninja last time. (which I'm so happy for, Greninja is an absolute amazing Pokemon and it pleases me so much having him in Smash)

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
But what if if we had something similar to the ESRB leak where the leaker modified Shulk render to make it more "fake" and changed the word "disabled" to "disebled" or somethin' like that. (in that case, putting fake model into the mix to make it look like the stage was also fake)
I remember that.

I don’t get people sometimes. You’ve got the trolls who want their 15 minutes of internet fame who will make a fake leak (and then take a potato-quality picture to make up for their lack of artistic talent), and then the one guy who does get actual info spills the beans - but still tries to make some fake things to discredit it himself?

What’s the point? To protect your job? Then don’t leak sensitive info in the first place! Why leak it, but alter it first since you don’t want people to take it seriously?

I don’t get it...

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So the blog didn't update again. No update on Friday for the first time. There was definitely Smash stuff in the direct.
Wrong-o!!

June 15th never got an update. June 14th, Alolan Vulpix, was the last one until June 18th which was Mario.

This was the second time.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think people are just assuming we're getting a starter because we got Greninja last time.
Pretty much. People want their starter to be the next Greninja, and forgot that Pokemon gens having a fully evolved starter as a mascot isn't the norm because it only happened thrice. (Charizard, Blaziken, Greninja)

While I mainly support Lycanroc after Mimikyu's deconfirmation, Tapu Koko would also be neat. How are they supposed to handle him crouching though?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Still think there is no new pokemon. We are running requested characters this time. And pokemon did not have a presence on the list. And pokemon conpany is not a good enough reason to say a new one is in.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I remember that.

I don’t get people sometimes. You’ve got the trolls who want their 15 minutes of internet fame who will make a fake leak (and then take a potato-quality picture to make up for their lack of artistic talent), and then the one guy who does get actual info spills the beans - but still tries to make some fake things to discredit it himself?

What’s the point? To protect your job? Then don’t leak sensitive info in the first place! Why leak it, but alter it first since you don’t want people to take it seriously?

I don’t get it...
Wasn't like alot of peoples knowing about the ESRB leak? One or a few of them showed the images on 4chan but the others didn't want to since they feared it could put risk onto them or the one who didn't want to share it on the internet.

So one of them tried to tweak one of the picture to make it more fake so that less peoples would take the leak seriously, or something along those lines. ('cant remember every detail right now)

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Hey, so I’ve been gone a while. Would someone kindly catch me up on what’s been happening? I’m hearing word of leaks? The only one I’ve seen is the Pokefloats one. And what’s this possible wah? :^)

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Hey, so I’ve been gone a while. Would someone kindly catch me up on what’s been happening? I’m hearing word of leaks? The only one I’ve seen is the Pokefloats one. And possible wah? :^)
It is fake. A really nice fake that makes people want more, but it is fake

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Hey, so I’ve been gone a while. Would someone kindly catch me up on what’s been happening? I’m hearing word of leaks? The only one I’ve seen is the Pokefloats one. And possible wah? :^)
Nothing Someone please just leak the direct I can't wait any longer

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hey, so I’ve been gone a while. Would someone kindly catch me up on what’s been happening? I’m hearing word of leaks? The only one I’ve seen is the Pokefloats one. And what’s this possible wah? :^)
The possible wah is a joke.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Hey, Wobuffet!! There were several games that were leaked. That Pokefloats was fake.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Pretty much. People want their starter to be the next Greninja, and forgot that Pokemon gens having a fully evolved starter as a mascot isn't the norm because it only happened thrice. (Charizard, Blaziken, Greninja)

While I mainly support Lycanroc after Mimikyu's deconfirmation, Tapu Koko would also be neat. How are they supposed to handle him crouching though?
I was thinking his crouch would be him closing his shell thing and sit on the ground, or just something similar Rosalina's weird crouch, or heck, even R.O.B. could be used as a basis

osby

Smash Obsessed
Still think there is no new pokemon. We are running requested characters this time. And pokemon did not have a presence on the list. And pokemon conpany is not a good enough reason to say a new one is in.
I agree. Characters debuted in last few years has little chance of being playable imo, especially if they are unique.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I was thinking his crouch would be him closing his shell thing and sit on the ground, or just something similar Rosalina's weird crouch, or heck, even R.O.B. could be used as a basis
That reminded me how much I love Rosalina's bizarre crouch. Maybe I should play her more this time around.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
There's only one Pokemon I'd freak out for if it was the Gen 7 rep.
Add Guzma squatting in the background and you've got yourself another good villain rep.
Golisopod_concept_art.jpg

osby

Smash Obsessed
It would be cool if we get Decidueye even after everyone stopped talking about him.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
It would be cool if we get Decidueye even after everyone stopped talking about him.
Didn't Vergeben say the 7th gen rep wouldn't be him? He was partially right in that Mimikyu was confirmed as Pokeball. But nothing has been confirmed yet, hence why what he said made everyone stop talking about him.

I heard he is still looking into it.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Rosalina's weird crouch
That reminded me how much I love Rosalina's bizarre crouch. Maybe I should play her more this time around.
...oof, I forgot about that. Did that come from anywhere? Or was that just a stylistic design?

Especially her crawl - since Samus is known for going into morph-ball mode in her games to get through low ceilings, but can’t do that in Smash. Meanwhile Rosalina the cosmic goddess has found a way to move not unlike a dog with worms scratching its *** along the carpet...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Not really a leak but...:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/430645447

"The upcoming issue of Famitsu was most certainly guaranteed to cover the direct, and let's not forget about Sakurai's column.

Printing begins this weekend, Famitsu is historically known for ALWAYS leaking during this period. So, unless Nintendo can somehow get them to halt printing, we may be getting the latest Smash information through ****ty magazine scans.

I say somehow, because delaying the issue would cost Famitsu a lot of money and effort they may not be willing to go through, also, test prints may have been done already, so even if they halt production one of those may still leak.

Nintendo is very vulnerable right now, there is a direct that we know exists that they're doing their best to hide and now this. Look out for news this weekend."

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I want Nihilego. It could be both this games' Pokemon and WTF character. It is a poison/rock type which is very unqiue as both a Pokemon and a Smash fighter. It merged with Lusamine will probably end up being the Pokemon boss though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom