• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Can someone tell me if Geno has a voice? If so, I've never heard it.
Nope. His only appearance was a Super Nintendo game and a Cameo in a GBA game, so definitely no voice. Not even bit crunched grunts. He'd need a new one, or would just be silent.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Possible stage and character leak? I got this image from the Source Gaming discord but it originates from 4Chan

Fake or not it looks really good
Now I'm sad because I know it's not happening

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
That stage looks beautiful
Skull Kid looks amazing
Even adorable Waddles stole my heart

So its too good to be true...reeeeeally look at Waddle Dee...he somehow looks off...

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I do have to wonder why one picture is an off-TV shot and the other is (very strange looking) screengrab...

fortun8

Smash Cadet
Have we seen Sakurai in that oufit before? That shirt looks familiar.
My best contribution to Smash speculation, the photo is fake because it's a reflected image of Sakurai, look at the top button on his shirt. It's on the opposite side of his usual shirts and assuming fashion works by the same rules in the US the buttons for men's shirts are always on the right.

Fake because of fashion!
ooh, good eye, both of you! turns out he wore a similar shirt during the E3 direct and would be in a good pose to reflect onto the other side, as far as i know! but you're right, the shirt in the leak has the buttons on the wrong side.

i'd also like to add that it could be possible that the guy who made it made the background in a 3D program like SketchUp or something similar, since it has props you can put into the scene. it just looks very...clean. not to mention the bloom!

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman

Possible stage and character leak? I got this image from the Source Gaming discord but it originates from 4Chan

Fake or not it looks really good
Screenshot_2018-09-06-20-00-01.png

This string on the Trumbeak balloon doesn't appear to be attached. The shadow adds on to this. This isn't full on evidence to say this leak isn't real but I figured I'd point it out.

7982Brick

Smash Cadet
I put the Sakurai image into FotoForensic to see if the image has been photoshopped. Since I’m not familiar with identifying photoshop I figured one of you more skillful, individual can see for yourself. https://imgur.com/XpIteu3

Enchess

Smash Lord
So I was listening to the GDC Vault and heard this quote from Sakurai that I hadn't heard before (I don't think):

"Here are some of the criterion we used when selecting characters...the character had to improve the balance of representing series. So of course there are some characters that aren't that famous...but we just wanted to get a good balance so we have a good representation of the characters in the game."

I think he is saying series representation matters when choosing newcomers (despite what most people say here), but it doesnt match the slides. Am I really misinterpreting this?

Edit: just Google GDC Brawl. I'm pretty sure its one of the free ones

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
That 'image of Sakurai' looks like garbage.

But that 'leaked image?' HOLY ****. Easily the best fake yet for Ultimate if it's not real. Unlike the previous ones, I'm actually not 100% on this one, only like 80%. There's a LOT of effort put into this, and it shows. I'll treat it as fake for now, but for once I wouldn't be surprised if this one was the real deal.

EDIT: Lol nvm fake as all get out, I got carried away. Shouldn't have gotten so swept up.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Nope. His only appearance was a Super Nintendo game and a Cameo in a GBA game, so definitely no voice. Not even bit crunched grunts. He'd need a new one, or would just be silent.
Okay, so just like Mega Man. Makes sense.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
It be more "believable" if at least one of the fighters was actually standing on one of the balloons. They're both "leaping" or floating. Like whoever "made" this screencap couldn't risk having them stationary because it wouldn't look right or something.

I'm grasping at straws trying to prove it fake, rather than trying to believe it real.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
A reworked Poke Floats makes a lot of sense though. I'm might prod on with this one a bit, but let's see what might come up... especially when there's still like, a week for this leak to prove itself fully to us.

That photo with Sakurai in it though, seems intriguing thing to dissect through over time. How Photoshopped is that one?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I think that Poke Floats 2 image is fake for the following reason: shadow casting. Notice that everything on the left balloon casts its shadow to the left as though the light source were from the far right, but the Hoppip balloon has the shadows coming from straight above except Bandana Dee has no shadow at all and then lower on the balloon in which some shadows are cast to the right and large segments of the bottom of the balloon have no shadows at all. In 4 and before, shadows were faked so this was common, but in Ultimate, there's a real lighting engine which we've seen at work in every other screenshot so far so shadow casting should consistently apply to 100% of objects and have one clear light source.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
The big talking point right now seems to be Famitsu, which will have a lot of coverage of the Direct. Those are being printed as we speak, those release on mondays, and there's almost no way Nintendo can just have those taken out now. If they don't want leaks, it's gotta be done before then. So it's very up in the air right now what their strategy is going to be on this, very slippery slope. The timing could not have been worse.

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Fake as the fakest but the Pokefloats 2 stage is wonderful.Too bad for that concept.

7982Brick

Smash Cadet
The big talking point right now seems to be Famitsu, which will have a lot of coverage of the Direct. Those are being printeted as we speak, those release on mondays, and there's almost no way Nintendo can just have those taken out now. If they don't want leaks, it's gotta be done before then. So it's very up in the air right now what their strategy is going to be on this, very slippery slope. The timing could not have been worse.
They could release the direct either Saturday or Sunday.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Y'know, a new Poke Floats wouldn't be unlikely.

Not saying this leak's real, just that a remake with some mons that aren't Gen I isn't impossible.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Great now nintendo haters saw we got no direct today so they decided to make fake leaks to amuse/annoy us as we don't know when we're getting it now… internet is fun, lol

D

Deleted member

The big talking point right now seems to be Famitsu, which will have a lot of coverage of the Direct. Those are being printeted as we speak, those release on mondays, and there's almost no way Nintendo can just have those taken out now. If they don't want leaks, it's gotta be done before then. So it's very up in the air right now what their strategy is going to be on this, very slippery slope. The timing could not have been worse.
If they already have plans set for when the next Direct date is coming, media outlets like Famitsu are next. If what the Editor-in-Chief says about how they work are true, there'll be a good chance there won't be any leaks from scans.

Last edited by a moderator:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
So... did anyone yet mention that a Mega Man 11 Demo just hit the eshop? It was probably supposed to be revealed in the Direct, but it’s out now regardless!

Last edited:

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
I have to admit, I'm impressed by that edited picture of Sakurai. The room the "leaker" put Sakurai in does look very believable as part of Sora/NAMCO/wherever the Direct segments are filmed, almost to an uncanny extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom