• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
With all this Glover talk I’m feeling super nostalgic

I got that game for PC in elementary school, I enjoyed what little I played of it but my PC was kind of a potato back then and lagged like hell lmao

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Okay, let's play a nice little game.

Scenario: I am making a Smash cringe compilation, and I want YOU guys to do your best to get in it. I got my finger on the trigger, and I'm ready to click it to capture whatever cringe things you come up with.

Examples of what i mean:

Robloxian Goku would be great for Smash.

King K Rool is irrelevant.

I'm gonna fap to my waifu/boyfriend Wario. (Oh wait, that's actually BASED.:troll:)
This game needs Smash Tour...

There. I won.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Scenario: I am making a Smash cringe compilation, and I want YOU guys to do your best to get in it. I got my finger on the trigger, and I'm ready to click it to capture whatever cringe things you come up with.

Examples of what i mean:

I'm gonna fap to my waifu/boyfriend Wario. (Oh wait, that's actually BASED.:troll:)
Are you trying to imply Robloxian Goku wouldn't be good for Smash? tf is wrong with you

Abha

Smash Journeyman

I got that game for PC in elementary school, I enjoyed what little I played of it but my PC was kind of a potato back then and lagged like hell lmao
I owned the N64 version as a kid and have fond memories of it which is why it became a joke between my friends to add him to smash, although I never finished the final area/space boss as a kid which is probably something I should go back and do for nostalgia's sake one day.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

Possible stage and character leak? I got this image from the Source Gaming discord but it originates from 4Chan

Fake or not it looks really good

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Examples of what i mean:

I think I already got in that compilation :yoshi:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319

Examples of what i mean:

I'm gonna fap to my waifu Wario.
Steve would be a much more better Microsoft rep than that overrated Banjo from some dead 20 year old series that only grown-ass men want, kids would find Steve’s addition lit af.

Is Issac another stupid FE character weebs are asking for?

I hope Sakurai gets fired for not making the gameplay like Melee’s, it’s sad and embarrassing when fans make better games then him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
How much time until the blog is supposed to be updated?

Either I'm imagining things or your name used to be blue just a few hours ago. This thread is starting to affect my mental health.

Also, I'm gonna ask again, is there any way to enable auto-update on threads so I don't have to keep hitting refresh? Thanks.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824

Examples of what i mean:

>watching final smash direct before release
>everybody's excited for the next announcement
>Sakurai appears
>"Now, here's something that will blow your minds, please take a look at this"
>screen goes black
>smash bros logo slowly shows up at the top of the screen
>a silhouette of a scientist coming out from a portal shows up
>"WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB"
>*RICK SANCHEZ BREAKS THE 4TH WALL*

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
"Very few".
Would you have expected Simon Belmont in the SLIGHTEST if he wasn't leaked?
Just consider this before you jump to quick assumptions, only to not hype yourself up.
In all seriousness, while I don't agree at all with most of what IGuessItsOver is saying, I do agree with the notion that K. Rool could be expected after Ridley's (and Daisy's) reveal.
Had somebody said that before Ridley's reveal, I would have had my doubts, but after Ridley, it did make sense for K. Rool to be revealed later.

Now, on the other hand, I'm gonna go out there and say that if you claim to have expected Simon or Richter without the leaks, then you're either just a revisionist historian, or a very lucky human being.

As for Chrom and DS, I'd say they were also unexpected, just not nearly as much as Simon and Richter. Especially Richter.
Chrom certainly caught me off guard. Honestly, if not for Richter, he would have been the biggest surprise, IMO. Though Simon would have been more surprising if not for the leaks.

Basically, for me, from biggest to smallest surprise factor, it was Richter > Chrom > DS > K. Rool > Simon.

Without leaks, Simon would be between Richter and Chrom.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman

Possible stage and character leak? I got this image from the Source Gaming discord but it originates from 4Chan
Was just about to post this. It's definitely fake (compare the background quality to the background of any other stage we've seen), but it's easily my favorite leak so far just for the creativity of it. Good on this leaker for doing something novel and trying something difficult instead of dumping our 15th slightly modified CSS render.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Gotta say, that Pokefloats actually looks REALLY dang good.

Skull Kid and Dee though... Not so much. They also look way too big for the stage.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

I'm in love with everything about this, Skull Kids pose, the redone poke floats....but there's no way that's real.

The Skull Kid render at the bottom is literally the same one that's used everywhere right? Where is his 3D model from?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Very impressive if it's fake.

Bandanna Dee looks off, though; Skull Kid maybe a little, but he's my #1 pick alongside Banjo & Kazooie so...

The numbers' borders seem off as well.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Examples of what i mean:

You don't have to look for any cringe posts when you already made the big one yourself.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
How much time until the blog is supposed to be updated?

Either I'm imagining things or your name used to be blue just a few hours ago. This thread is starting to affect my mental health.

Also, I'm gonna ask again, is there any way to enable auto-update on threads so I don't have to keep hitting refresh? Thanks.
My premium died :c I’m not renewing it until (if) Elma gets in though cause I want her as my post bg and none of you can stop me

Potato_

Smash Lord

I absolutely ADORE everything in that image. I hope it's real.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

>no footage
Into the recycling bin it goes.
It's not going to the trash this time, because actual effort went into it. You can tell he had so much confidence that he didn't need the blur.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Gotta say, that Pokefloats actually looks REALLY dang good.

Skull Kid and Dee though... Not so much. They also look way too big for the stage.
Same sentiments here.
That Pokefloats looks DAMN good

But... it's like they stopped 1/3 the way through with BD and SK

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Look at the shadows of the strings of the balloons on the bottom left

They aren’t attached to the endings of the ropes at all

Fake

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There’s a webm in the thread, I don’t wanna risk it in case it’s a shock video but anyone brave enough wanna check?
Oh no, the blue board that bans shock videos has a potential shock video, whatever shall we do? It's the Springman/Decidueye stuff from months ago.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
In all seriousness, while I don't agree at all with most of what IGuessItsOver is saying, I do agree with the notion that K. Rool could be expected after Ridley's (and Daisy's) reveal.
Had somebody said that before Ridley's reveal, I would have had my doubts, but after Ridley, it did make sense for K. Rool to be revealed later.

Now, on the other hand, I'm gonna go out there and say that if you claim to have expected Simon or Richter without the leaks, then you're either just a revisionist historian, or a very lucky human being.

As for Chrom and DS, I'd say they were also unexpected, just not nearly as much as Simon and Richter. Especially Richter.
Chrom certainly caught me off guard. Honestly, if not for Richter, he would have been the biggest surprise, IMO. Though Simon would have been more surprising if not for the leaks.

Basically, for me, from biggest to smallest surprise factor, it was Richter > Chrom > DS > K. Rool > Simon.

Without leaks, Simon would be between Richter and Chrom.
Now K. Rool I expected to be in, just not in the 8.8 Direct. He was one of the only ones I was certain on.

That's basically how I felt in general excluding the surprise of WHEN they were announced.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Also is it just me or does Skull Kid look HUGE in that photo. Like I know BWD will probably be Kirby sized, but SK seems way bigger than Young Link...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Damn sleep schedule. The Yoshi leak is already ancient history and I missed it all...
You mean Yoshi's Crafty World?

After all the Tax Fraud accusations, Yoshi didn't have the money to create a new game, so he had to get crafty.
He took all the stuff from Yoshi's Woolly World, covered it in paper, and passed it off as a new game. But I'm on to him...

In all seriousness, I hope we see more of Yoshi's Crafted World soon. I really liked WW, so I could go for a new Yoshi game.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Welp that’s a shame. I haven’t seen that Waddle Dee render before either...

I imagine a lot of these “leakers” have mad Blender skills, or took existing models, posed them in SFM and touched them up with Photoshop

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Remember how I was so confident that Gothitelle wouldn't be in Smash that I made a bet that I'd change my avatar to Gothita if she got in? Well since making dumb bets seems like a meme right now, I thought I'd update it.

If we get a Gothitelle reveal in the upcoming direct, I'm making this my avatar for a year:
GothitaDragon.jpg

D

Deleted member

Good news! Mega Man 11 has a demo out today.
Bad news, expect an onslaught of "guess this was supposed to be a part of the Direct" going forward.

Untouch

Smash Master
Looking through the website, the last time the the sprite SVG file containing the icons was updated was on august 8th, which is obvious and makes sense, but there was a header related to the main side updated on august 6th as well, I don't know what this header is but it's interesting and I think it suggests that that we aren't getting a new series with the direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom