• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I wouldn't really call this a "leak" since Nintendo themselves posted this. There just wasn't any way to prevent something like this from being released today.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
"Very few".
Would you have expected Simon Belmont in the SLIGHTEST if he wasn't leaked?
Just consider this before you jump to quick assumptions, only to not hype yourself up.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE i'll never win you in an argument.
Well, Simon is the father of the metroidvania genre so it was a matter of time until he was announced.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I don't really think age has something to do with seeing a handsome bidoof

it should be the first thing a new born child should see
What? What do you mean? I never said anything about age lol

Yes...Simon Belmont, just...the pinnacle of character speculation...
I don't want to sound mocking but I think this is the most "obvious IN HINDSIGHT" thing ever.
Maybe you're right. Everyone just know the obvious thing. Thing is, Richter wasn't obvious. We didn't expect that. Sorry if it seemed like mocking.

It's just that it sounds like easy to predict a character now...

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Really, at this point, I just want Ken announced.

If we can get :ultrichter:, then it almost feels like an obligation to include Ken since we already have :ultryu:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
"that character was obvious"

Yall will be saying that about Glover when he get's revealed :troll:

Characters only feel obvious because of leaks. I bet no one was expecting Ridley at E3 before leaks came, let alone the full cast from previous games.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE i'll never win you in an argument.
Well, Simon is the father of the metroidvania genre so it was just a matter of time until he were announced.
Nah.
"[X] is the father of survival horror genre so he's a shoo-in."

Again, this is very reaching and very "obvious IN HINDSIGHT". I had not seen Simon Belmont on ANY prediction rosters for what was at the time Smash 5 at any point before he was leaked.

Also; not an argument, just trying to show you my POV so you understand how I feel and I get how you feel. Believe in yourself buddy. No winning or losing when you are just learning.

What? What do you mean? I never said anything about age lol

Maybe you're right. Everyone just know the obvious thing. Thing is, Richter wasn't obvious. We didn't expect that. Sorry if it seemed like mocking.

It's just that it sounds like easy to predict a character now...
Yeah, Richter is another wildcard. We can list the same 4 or 5 over and over, sure, but there will always be the chance we get another Richter-surprise-level reveal. Thank you for being understanding of my POV!

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Damn sleep schedule. The Yoshi leak is already ancient history and I missed it all...
Can I hug you? You didn't miss anything...Better to be surprised!

You mentioned you were a minor in that post

...that I somehow misquoted
I didn't say anything about being minor. I just pointed out that I am 14. I was saying, shouldn't that content be for 18+?

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Honestly I wouldn't mind just ignoring any leak until the Direct out of, I suppose, respect.
What happened in Japan absolutely broke my heart. Been trying to keep up with it all day.
So I want Nintendo to take their time and still be able to surprise us like they deserve to.

Abha

Smash Journeyman
"that character was obvious"

Yall will be saying that about Glover when he get's revealed :troll:

Characters only feel obvious because of leaks. I bet no one was expecting Ridley at E3 before leaks came, let alone the full cast from previous games.
Hey, I've been rooting for Glover as a joke since Brawl.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
He's the newcomer we need, but not the newcomer we deserve.
Bidoof couldn't be playable, he'd be overpowered.

If they added him, they'd be forced to add Goku as a counterpick. It's the only way it could work.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn...

I really need to go to sleep, otherwise my mommy will get angry...You know...

I'm going to sleep now. Goodnight, peoples,..

My condolences for the peoples in Japan. Peace!

Michele the Fighter, out!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Just don't go to the lengths that one Waluigi guy and those twitter Ashley people did when someone's deconfirmed or not confirmed.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Also; not an argument, just trying to show you my POV so you understand how I feel and I get how you feel. Believe in yourself buddy. No winning or losing when you are just learning.
That's deep.
I also get you, but i think it's more fun to make bold claims and always being with your hopes up the entire time rather than being "realistic" just to not let yourself down.
The letdowns may only last a day or two, but the excitement will stay forever.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
That's deep.
I also get you, but i think it's more fun to make bold claims and always being with your hopes up the entire time rather than being "realistic" just to not let yourself down.
The letdowns may only last a day or two, but the excitement will stay forever.
Well put. Hype however you want, don't let me stop you even if I debate!

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Really, at this point, I just want Ken announced.

If we can get :ultrichter:, then it almost feels like an obligation to include Ken since we already have :ultryu:
Ken is literally the original Echo Fighter. It'd be a shame not to have him.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just don't go to the lengths that one Waluigi guy and those twitter Ashley people did when someone's deconfirmed or not confirmed.
It was two Waluigi guys and... wasn't it just one Ashley person?

But really, regardless of who gets confirmed or disconfirmed, it's never worth getting up in arms about. Well, it's fine to be disappointed, especially if it shatters your predictions hard. Just as long as you act within the rules of this site and don't go overboard, really.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ken is literally the original Echo Fighter. It'd be a shame not to have him.
It'd be a shame to not have a plethora of characters.

It was two Waluigi guys and... wasn't it just one Ashley person?

But really, regardless of who gets confirmed or disconfirmed, it's never worth getting up in arms about. Well, it's fine to be disappointed, especially if it shatters your predictions hard. Just as long as you act within the rules of this site and don't go overboard, really.
One dude made the 9/11 post with Waluigi, the other guy was in the background rooting for him.
There were three people going off about Ashley IIRC.

Last edited:
Okay, let's play a nice little game.

Scenario: I am making a Smash cringe compilation, and I want YOU guys to do your best to get in it. I got my finger on the trigger, and I'm ready to click it to capture whatever cringe things you come up with.

Examples of what i mean:

Robloxian Goku would be great for Smash.

King K Rool is irrelevant.

I'm gonna fap to my waifu/boyfriend Wario. (Oh wait, that's actually BASED.:troll:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom