• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Don't stay around with it. Just look at the Hoppip balloon's torch, looks like a real metal thing, taken from a photo. So sad cause the stage looks awesome.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
To be honest, why would sakurai hint at newcomers with pillows again? Last time we had barrels and a rope ladder, then we had pillows and chairs. I do not expect Sakurai to hint with pillows again. I expect different furniture for the next hints.

Last edited:

fortun8

Smash Cadet
Great now nintendo haters saw we got no direct today so they decided to make fake leaks to amuse/annoy us as we don't know when we're getting it now… internet is fun, lol
...well, i won't lie! i've made one before, about a character render; i wanted to see if i could. i don't think anyone took it seriously, except for that guy on 4chan who cursed at me for playing with their emotions. italics is a hint on who i made it for!

some people who make leaks, even as obvious jokes, could just be trying to lighten up the situation, is all i'm saying. i doubt a whole lot of them are doing it to make a point, and are just doing it for giggles. then again, i could be in the wrong by making a fake leak (and if i was wrong in doing that about a week ago, i'm super sorry)!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Personally, right now, I just have "anywhere in September" as my guess for when the Direct will happen, with next week as the earliest time.

The reason why is simple; Nintendo Online didn't get another delay yet.

If it's confirmed to be delayed, however, the Direct will most likely be delayed by at least a whole month.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
To be honest, why would sakurai hint at newcomers with pillows again? Last time we had barrels and a rope ladder, then we had pillows. I do not expect Sakurai to hint with pillows again. I expect different furniture for the next hints.
To be fair if it was real? There is a wooden doll on the shelf, etc, etc.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Woulda been a lot more believable if they didn't post the Sakurai image with it. That one is so blatantly fake it hurts.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
that pokefloats stage looks fantastic but somethings off with the sakurai image and then the stage one, they dont have the same look at all.

perhaps the sakurai image is some blurry photo of the direct while the pokefloats stage image is some kind of promotional material image but im unsure... they definitely dont look to be the same quality so somethings going on here whether thats a fake or simply images from two different style sources i dont know.

interestingly the sakurai "office" image has pillows that look almost like they could "hint" at banjo-kazooie so its a very good fake from the quality of the pokefloats stage to the office keeping in line with what we've had so far and even "hinting" towards a further character.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
The big talking point right now seems to be Famitsu, which will have a lot of coverage of the Direct. Those are being printed as we speak, those release on mondays, and there's almost no way Nintendo can just have those taken out now. If they don't want leaks, it's gotta be done before then. So it's very up in the air right now what their strategy is going to be on this, very slippery slope. The timing could not have been worse.
Does anyone know if Famitsu normally covers directs right after they air??? Or is there normally lag?

Also do they release on Monday? I thought I saw they released on Thursdays...

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079

Possible stage and character leak? I got this image from the Source Gaming discord but it originates from 4Chan

Fake or not it looks really good
Maybe it's at the angle the picture is at, but it looks like BWD is in the background while Skull Kid is in the foreground. Unless BWD is supposed to be extremely small.
I mean we already have a stage that does that in Smash 4, but that didn't get ported over. Right?
Anyway, it looks really good. I'd actually be down if this is real, but hey I doubt it.

Shroob

Sup?
If it weren't for the clipping and lighting issues, the Pokefloats image would have been dope as *****.

But that lighting on those ropes is hella ****ed.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
"Sakurai was wearing a blue shirt!! Bandana Dee has a blue bandana!! HE WAS TEASING HIM THIS WHOLE TIME!!"

This is essentially what I hear every time furniture theories are brought up. The pillows mean nothing, folks!

Untouch

Smash Master
BqTZt[1].jpg

Incase you still believe for some reason, you can very clearly see the editing mistake here, and no shirts don't hang that way.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
As much I love how well done this fake leak is. I'm still glad nothing smash related from the direct is spoiled................yet.

Edit: There's also something much more obvious in plain sight that's been missed a while ago that people on Gamefaqs just pointed out that kills this rumor. The Warp Star in Dee's icon is all wrong.

Last edited:

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
I've just realized that if they don't update the blog tonight, it most likely means that Smash stuff was supposed to appear in the Direct (in case people are still doubting this). I doubt they'd change their carefully planned blog schedule (which is probably organized months in advance), considering blog updates are minor compared to the Direct, if today's blog content wasn't based on what was supposed to be revealed in the Direct.

PurpleStuff5

Smash Cadet
The thing that really sealed the deal for me is that in Smash the Kirby insignia is tilted slightly. The one next to Bandana Dee is a straight facing star. Can't be real.

Shroob

Sup?
I like the Pokefloats image, but it looks reeeeeeeeally wrong to me between Trumbeak's beak clipping near the bottom of it, and the lighting on the ropes.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I've just realized that if they don't update the blog tonight, it most likely means that Smash stuff was supposed to appear in the Direct (in case people are still doubting this). I doubt they'd change their carefully planned blog schedule (which is probably organized months in advance), considering blog updates are minor compared to the Direct, if today's blog content wasn't based on what was supposed to be revealed in the Direct.
Unless we get more than a newcomer reveal, what else would they post on the site aside from the new character and a remix?

This is an incredibly simple fix. Just hold off on the Direct content for a bit, and use the planned non-spoiler content instead. There's plenty of veterans left who haven't gotten a day on the blog yet; the characters by themselves can hold us over until the new Direct date.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If there was supposed to be a character reveal, just swap with a veteran.

Easy peasy.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The dude posted one final bit of info on his 4chan thread.

"Spirit mode bosses will be

>Yellow Devil
>Dino Piranha
>Metal Face
>Phantoon
>Dr. Eggman Death Egg Robot
>Dracula
>Wham Bam Rock
>Rathalos
>Marx
>Gohma
>Necrozma

There is a True Arena mode which has harder versions

>Shadow Devil
>Fiery Dino Pirahnha
>Metal Face X
>Phantoon X
>Dr. Eggman Egg Wyvern
>Dracula Symphony of the Night final boss
>Wham Bam Jewel
>Azure Rathalos
>Marx Soul
>Gohma Plus
>Necrozma Dusk Mane or Dawn Wings"

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The dude posted one final bit of info on his 4chan thread.

"Spirit mode bosses will be

>Yellow Devil
>Dino Piranha
>Metal Face
>Phantoon
>Dr. Eggman Death Egg Robot
>Dracula
>Wham Bam Rock
>Rathalos
>Marx
>Gohma
>Necrozma

There is a True Arena mode which has harder versions

>Shadow Devil
>Fiery Dino Pirahnha
>Metal Face X
>Phantoon X
>Dr. Eggman Egg Wyvern
>Dracula Symphony of the Night final boss
>Wham Bam Jewel
>Azure Rathalos
>Marx Soul
>Gohma Plus
>Necrozma Dusk Mane or Dawn Wings"
Can we all agree that without a tripcode being provided, we cannot and should not assume that someone saying that they're the OP actually is the OP? It's soo easy to piggyback off of leaks it's not even funny.

SSB4Dojo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CommanderCanuck7
I believe there is a general plan but nothing is set in stone. We had nintendo vs accidentally post Krystal a day early and that night she was added as the second post for the night. That was the last time we had two non music posts in one day since e3 besides the smash direct and was with young link so no relation like sonic/knuckles or solgaleo/lunala. I feel they can easily bring another fighter post forward.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Pretty sure it's tilted. The picture was taken at an angle so it would probably give that illusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom