• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Pretty sure it's tilted. The picture was taken at an angle so it would probably give that illusion.
What I know about angles. If that were the case, then the star would have to look even more tilted from the left side. For it to being more upward would be much more convincing if the screen was tilted to the other side.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

Possible stage and character leak? I got this image from the Source Gaming discord but it originates from 4Chan

Fake or not it looks really good
Not gonna lie I freaked out at the sight of my baby boy.

Whew.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The dude posted one final bit of info on his 4chan thread.

"Spirit mode bosses will be

>Yellow Devil
>Dino Piranha
>Metal Face
>Phantoon
>Dr. Eggman Death Egg Robot
>Dracula
>Wham Bam Rock
>Rathalos
>Marx
>Gohma
>Necrozma

There is a True Arena mode which has harder versions

>Shadow Devil
>Fiery Dino Pirahnha
>Metal Face X
>Phantoon X
>Dr. Eggman Egg Wyvern
>Dracula Symphony of the Night final boss
>Wham Bam Jewel
>Azure Rathalos
>Marx Soul
>Gohma Plus
>Necrozma Dusk Mane or Dawn Wings"
Two Kirby bosses taken from games Sakurai made? Yeah, I could believe this. :p

But seriously, real or not, this is a subpar list of bosses.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Ok, WTF did I miss while I was at work? Pokefloats 2? This better be ****ing real. I don't even care that I don't want Skull Kid or Bandana Dee. Pokefloats 2 would be amazing.

Anything else part of that, or just that?

Shroob

Sup?
Ok, WTF did I miss while I was at work? Pokefloats 2? This better be ****ing real. I don't even care that I don't want Skull Kid or Bandana Dee. Pokefloats 2 would be amazing.

It's already dead, man.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

might wanna go back a page mate....

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Wonder if the Japanese earthquake was why we didn't have the Direct today
Yes.

Chrono.

The dude posted one final bit of info on his 4chan thread.

"Spirit mode bosses will be

>Yellow Devil
>Dino Piranha
>Metal Face
>Phantoon
>Dr. Eggman Death Egg Robot
>Dracula
>Wham Bam Rock
>Rathalos
>Marx
>Gohma
>Necrozma

There is a True Arena mode which has harder versions

>Shadow Devil
>Fiery Dino Pirahnha
>Metal Face X
>Phantoon X
>Dr. Eggman Egg Wyvern
>Dracula Symphony of the Night final boss
>Wham Bam Jewel
>Azure Rathalos
>Marx Soul
>Gohma Plus
>Necrozma Dusk Mane or Dawn Wings"
>Gohma

Oh boy, Smash was the one game where I didn't have to worry about my arachnophobia smh.

Good thing this is fake.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Also an image of Sakurai that's badly photoshopped...

And blue and yellow pillows in the background oh boy

Untouch

Smash Master
lol someone found what room was used
1536280757129[1].jpg
note to all future fake leakers, you cannot defeat the smash community when it comes to nitpicking for details, you have to make your own assets

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That list of bosses I posted is fake, of course, but damn, a "True Arena" mode for Smash bosses sounds cool as ****.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
how would a gohma fight even work? you need to shoot his eye before you can attack it...
Smash has taken creative liberties plenty of times before. It could simply be that you attack its eye directly rather then with an arrow.

That said, I still don't buy that leak at all.

Last edited:

Meritocracy

Smash Apprentice
In my experience, the best way to enter a forum is with a game, so here we go, (yes, I'm stealing from the would you rather thread, but I really liked this one and haven't seen it used here yet) if your most wanted gets in, would you rather have them be so overpowered, you get crap for using it, or so low-tier they aren't even a charecter.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
In my experience, the best way to enter a forum is with a game, so here we go, (yes, I'm stealing from the would you rather thread, but I really liked this one and haven't seen it used here yet) if your most wanted gets in, would you rather have them be so overpowered, you get crap for using it, or so low-tier they aren't even a charecter.
Low tier, because then when I beat people senseless with them I lose a friend

Welcome to hell.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Welcome, I hope you find yourself comfortable here! Have fun.

Also, I'd rather Paper Mario be so low-tier because I'd hone my skills and whoop ass as him anyway.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Overpowered :troll:

Skull Kid will conquer all

Wait, no, low-tier so that I can use Skull as the trickster he is.

edit: whoops sorry, Welcome to Smashboards :)

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
But seriously, real or not, this is a subpar list of bosses.
Give me:

Giga Bowser [Super Mario Bros.]
Demon King Ganon [Legend of Zelda]
Mother Brain [Metroid]
Nightmare [Kirby]
Andross (64 version) [Star Fox]
Giratina [Pokemon]
Porky [Earthbound]
Medusa [Kid Icarus]
Liquid Snake piloting Metal Gear Rex [Metal Gear]
Dr. Eggman piloting Death Egg Robot [Sonic the Hedgehog]
Dr. Wily piloting Wily Machine [Mega Man]
Behemoth [Final Fantasy]
Dracula [Castlevania]

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I got crapped on for playing Cloud in Smash 4, wouldn't be anything new.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Welcome, I like your name and avatar
I would rather them be lowtier so that they wouldn't be complainined about like Bayo and Cloud

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Boshi being OP would fit his personality a LOT. If he gets **** on for being so, not my problem as I'll use my boi instead :yoshi:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Regarding the pokefloats image, which is very nice but very fake, i want to point 2 extra issues, so maybe next time they can make it even more convincing.

First, Sakurai go great lenghts to ensure that characters look good sideways (wo the point that even twisting some spines) and that screen Skull kid, while in hivs very iconic pose, looks terrible sideways (probably the faker posed him facing him)

Second, the camera is focusing Skull kid, and not giving 2 damns about bandana dee leaving him in a VERY VERY awkward screen position. Smash camera is way better than this...

looking forward to see more fakes like this :D

Untouch

Smash Master
Anyways, the blog should be updating in around 10 minutes, we'll see if it actually updates.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I find there to be something kind of rewarding about using a bad character. I feel super proud of my wins with Smash 4 Charizard and I also feel unique since I rarely ever see anyone else using him.

Although even if my most wanted does get in I'm still maining Pokemon Trainer, regardless of tier.

D

Deleted member

I wonder, do we still only have just a "16GB - 16+GB" file size named currently for Smash Ultimate? I figured the file size might've already gotten word of, but it does make me wonder. Speaking of file sizes, Xenoblade 2: Torna DLC is 3.2GB. Y'know, a whole 7-chapter game, huge land masses, cutscenes, all 3D... And to give context, the original game was 13.1GB.
"Ehhh, we'll make it work, mate! Show 'em a thing or three!"

also my wish list on the eShop JUST hit 60 items, jesus take the wheel

fortun8

Smash Cadet
low-tier! because i'm going to put hours and hours into learning them and i will be an unstoppable force of determination and potentially octopus, and i'd try to aim for the top!
(welcome, by the way!)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The former. However, if they're gonna be OP, I'd at least like for the character to have a high learning-curve. Not many people would use the character online, so at least I would get a little bit of respect for picking a more difficult character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom