• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Question, I picked up on the fact that the direct was delayed, but missed when it got moved to.
Thanks in advance.
They haven't announced that yet. Keep an eye out for official sources- people in here keep getting tripped up by one thing or another.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Soo. Which newcomers do you guys think will be revealed in the upcoming direct?(assuming we get any.)
Skull Kid and an Pokemon Gen 7 Rep (Likely Incineroar).

May get one Echo. If its set on Bowser's Castle I could see it being Black Knight and maybe even an costume reveal in the form of Dry Bowser for Bowser.

I feel they're going to replace Isaac with the latter since certain Smash fans will disrespectfully think the earthquake predicted Isaac. :glare:

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Skull Kid, Isaac, and Incineroar are all the likely candidates in most people's eyes.
Sadly I see Isaac being cut and then revealed later since I dread if Isaac is revealed supposedly next week or such those Smash fans will had think the earthquake predicted him. We definitely don't need that...-_-

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Um, I'm not sure I see anything wrong with this.
I honestly agree. I don't think any thing is wrong with the tweet, I mean, hey, he could've just been asking a legit question.

Not saying they shouldn't have delayed it. They did the right thing, and that was very respectful of Nintendo.
(Hope i worded that correctly so i dont sound like a jerk.)

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Currently doing something Smash related. I might post it here later, but it depends on how well it turns out.
Mmm, that Sovereign looks good on mobile. Clearly the person who made that post has excellent taste in RPG characters and classes.
I don't use landscape orientation, so I didn't know about that, that's cool
Wait, does it not show up on portrait orientation?

Gimmie a sec...

Huh, so it doesn't.

Shroob

Sup?
Sadly I see Isaac being cut and then revealed later since I dread if Isaac is revealed supposedly next week or such those Smash fans will had think the earthquake predicted him. We definitely don't need that...-_-
Due to the Fighter Numbering system, I don't see that as a likely thing.

I don't think they'd physically change the game due to this incident.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Due to the Fighter Numbering system, I don't see that as a likely thing.

I don't think they'd physically change the game due to this incident.
Ugh well I'm gonna be dreading the inevitable then. So disrespectful...:glare:

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'm gonna be daring and declare Elma and/or Isabelle at the very least.
Never understood the Elma Hype. But that's just because i havn't played a Xenoblade game. Isabelle I'm predicting as well though.
Don't think we'll get many smash stuff, but I think we'll get a bit.

I know I'm very, very late to the party, but holy ****, that's horrible. Japan just hasn't been able to catch a break this week..... I fully support Nintendo's decision, and I dearly hope things get better for everyone affected.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Yeah that would be bad. I’m thinking maybe Skull kid and Isabelle will be revealed.Hoping for Dixie but I don’t see her as very likely anymore sadly.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I know I'm very, very late to the party, but holy ****, that's horrible. Japan just hasn't been able to catch a break this week..... I fully support Nintendo's decision, and I dearly hope things get better for everyone affected.
Agreed! Although the Delay is a bummer. I think Nintendo did the right thing.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yeah that would be bad. I’m thinking maybe Skull kid and Isabelle will be revealed.Hoping for Dixie but I don’t see her as very likely anymore sadly.
If newcomers reveals were on a Bowser's Castle stage. The most fitting to see would be these.

Newcomers:
Incineroar
Skull Kid

Echo Fighter:
Black Knight (Ike)

Costume: Dry Bowser (Bowser)

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
One thing we know for sure is that they can't "swap out" a newcomer reveal, as it were. The game's character selection screen is listed in reveal order, so switching reveals around would ruin the entire point of the roster.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Yeah between the Klaptrap AT, the Gang-Plank Galleon remix, and K. Rool himself, I'm starting to think Sakurai answered "We want K. Rool!" instead of "We want more Donkey Kong content!"

Not that I'm complaining, K. Rool is amazing in this game.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Am I the only want here wanting a Gangplank Galleon stage? Imagine among the stage hazards cannonballs falling from the sky and all that.

Heck a Krazy Kremland stage would be fun too.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Am I the only want here wanting a Gangplank Galleon stage? Imagine among the stage hazards cannonballs falling from the sky and all that.

I'd personally prefer a Tropical Freeze stage since that game has so far been ignored completely in Smash.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Gonna make a bold prediction.

Nobody will gift anyone in here for guessing correctly.

If I'm right, Sakurai will be in charge of Smash Bros Ultimate
Bold prediction I will have dinner tonight.

I will also feed my cat... (I don't have a cat)

Shroob

Sup?

Personally, I'm not convinced we're even getting more stages to be frank.

Between this:

And barring Isaac and Banjo, most of the 'front runners' for predictions that people would want don't even need a new stage, and if neither Ridley or K.Rool got one.... I'm just not expecting anymore 'new' stages right now.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
I've always been surprised by how Japan's media is so reactive to disasters. The closest thing I can remember ever happening in the United States was when the Spider-Man film removed the World Trade Center scene after the events of 09/11. Otherwise, companies pretty much always move ahead with scheduled releases and conferences and such no matter what is happening in the country or internationally. To be clear, I'm not criticizing Nintendo or any of the other Japanese companies that have cancelled or altered plans in response to current events in the country. I merely wonder why things are handled so differently over there. Is it a simple matter of ethics, where their companies are much more sensitive than Western ones (or perhaps cultural expectations to "pay respects" through business decisions)? Is it due to the size of Japan meaning that almost any natural disaster is going to prevent a sizable percent of domestic consumers to be unable to access the media? My familiarity with Japanese culture is limited, so I can only speculate. Does anyone happen to actually know the reason for this difference between corporate responses to disasters here and in Japan?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So y'all wanting to be daring and predict the next newcomer?

Fine. Let's do it. I'll predict Gengar to be the next newcomer revealed and I will eat my boot if he isn't revealed

Nah I'm not being serious here because Gengar most likely won't be revealed at all

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Typed this out last night but fell asleep.....

I do have one some issue with this entire Direct cancelling. People suddenly want to donate or help in someway. If a Direct hadn’t been canceled, would anyone know about it. I mean, Japan had a huge disaster back in July with flooding and landslides that caused 200 deaths. I recognize people want to help but why now? I get you want to help but it just kind of irks me the more I think about it. (And I’m talking in general, not only here).

Sorry, just my thoughts.

I do hope that when they delay it, it’s at the same time. That was perfect for me since it would be 7 am instead of 1 or 2 am like they did previously.
Sorry. Sometimes I can be a crotchety old man before bed.
Here’s some ways you can help:

Red Cross Japan
http://www.jrc.or.jp/english/donate/
Japan Earthquake Relief Fund
https://www.japansociety.org/page/earthquake
AAR Japan
http://www.aarjapan.gr.jp/english/support/
Peace Winds America
http://peacewindsamerica.org/support-pwa/relief-and-recovery-giving-2/

Many of them don’t have the recent Hokkaido earthquake listed but donations go to general operations. They will probably include this earthquake in a little while.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Don’t hate yourself too bad, man. You’re only human. It’s weird how you ignore all the folks in Japan on the rescue teams though. Like...seems like you would have a little hope for them seeing as how they chose a career that’s all about saving as many lives as possible.

You know how the news reports bad people for criminal acts and ignores all the great people who should have a moment of recognition in their community for being selfless? You could be honoring those people rather than flaming random folks who literally only found this information out because they were waiting on Nintendo.

Everyone chooses where to focus their own lens, though. If this is what makes a difference in the world to you, have at it.
Man, I don't know what to tell you. I'm pissed off beyond all belief, I probably don't even mean half the things I've said today. I'm happy that there are people helping out and I do hope they succeed.

I suppose you're right, it's stupid of me to have been acting this way all this time. It's just...It's hard not to assume malicious intent a lot of the time, Y'know? I'm just used to assuming people mean the worst and it's hard to get out of that mindset and see that some people are genuinely well-meaning.

I'm very sorry for how I've acted to day. God, I've been an asshole. I've been so wrapped up frustration and anger that I've lashed out at people without thought or consideration and I don't know how to make it up. All I can really do is ask for forgiveness and promise not to do something like this again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom