• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Don’t hate yourself too bad, man. You’re only human. It’s weird how you ignore all the folks in Japan on the rescue teams though. Like...seems like you would have a little hope for them seeing as how they chose a career that’s all about saving as many lives as possible.

You know how the news reports bad people for criminal acts and ignores all the great people who should have a moment of recognition in their community for being selfless? You could be honoring those people rather than flaming random folks who literally only found this information out because they were waiting on Nintendo.

Everyone chooses where to focus their own lens, though. If this is what makes a difference in the world to you, have at it.
A couple months ago, my uncle was being called a good Samaritan on the local news for helping a family that was stuck in car that was covered in flood water, so it's not all bad.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
The previous conversations really got me thinking.

What if the other companies were the once who came up with the smash formula? How would their character roster look like? And what kind of content would the games contain?

I'm bored in anticipation to the direct so I decided to give it a shot.

I narrowed every companies roster size to 12 characters with everyone having 4 unlockable characters akin to the original Smash. Two of those 4 unlockables are from franchises represented by 2 starter characters.

Note that i'm not THAT familiar with every company.

Starter: Alex Kidd, Gillius, Sonic the Hedgehog, Akira Yuki, Nights, AiAi, Kiryu Kazuma, Billy Hatcher.
Unlockable: Tails, Axel Stone, Goro Majima, Bayonetta.

Starter: Arthur, Ryu, Mega Man, Strider Hiryu, Jill Valentine, Dante, Amaterasu, Frank West.
Unlockable: Chun-Li, Leon S. Kennedy, Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter.

Starter: Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Heihachi Mishima, Nightmare, Lloyd Irving, Kite, KOS-MOS, Alisa Illinichina Amiella.
Unlockable: Jin Kazama, Ivy Valentine, Klonoa, Prince.

Starter: Frogger, Bomberman, TwinBee, Simon Belmont, Bill Rizer, Solid Snake, Bonk, Yugo Ogami.
Unlockable: Goemon, Alucard, Raiden, Pyramid Head.

Starter: Erdrick, Cloud Strife, Crono, Raziel, Lara Croft, Agent 47, Sora, Neku.
Unlockable: Slime, Tifa Lockhart, Gex, Rico Rodriguez.

Even placed them in chronological order by series as how they would appear on the CSS!
Dedication, I know.

Also... all this! Way harder than I first thought!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I have removed the awful joke.

Do not make earthquake jokes. Seriously. Just a note, despite this, make sure that if somebody does do one, you still don't flame them out for it(calling 'em out is fine, as long as it isn't flaming). We want to still keep the site civil regardless. BTW, just report these bad jokes and do not reply. I know we all want to get a piece in, but there's no reason to give the time of day to these kinds of jokes. It feeds the issue instead of letting it be isolated and forgotten.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I have removed the awful joke.

Do not make earthquake jokes. Seriously. Just a note, despite this, make sure that if somebody does do one, you still don't flame them out for it(calling 'em out is fine, as long as it isn't flaming). We want to still keep the site civil regardless. BTW, just report these bad jokes and do not reply. I know we all want to get a piece in, but there's no reason to give the time of day to these kinds of jokes. It feeds the issue instead of letting it be isolated and forgotten.
Hoo, that was quick.
Thanks hahaha.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm sorry. I just thought that he should be more open-minded when looking at things, but in the process I kinda got carried away.... I guess in trying to call out obnoxious people on the internet I acted obnoxiously myself... My bad.
I did the same this morning. The consistently awful responses to the delay by multiple Smash fans just grates you until you want to smack someone around.

Big of you to apologize though.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I'm going to make a bold prediction, and predict that Skull Kid will be in that direct.

If my prediction is right, then I get a Premium.

Sounds like an good deal?

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm going to make a bold prediction, and predict that Skull Kid will be in that direct.

If my prediction is right, then I get a Premium.

Sounds like an good deal?
At this point, I feel like the bolder prediction would be "Skull Kid will be an AT again".

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
I’d love to talk about my day! I got called cute by this one boy which was fun and it rained a lot. That’s about it.

About the whole earthquake thing: It’s unfortunate we have to wait but it’s neccesary. At least we know we’re getting something relatively soon. It’ll probably be next Thursday. Or maybe longer depending on the situation in Hokkaido.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Gonna make a bold prediction.

Nobody will gift anyone in here for guessing correctly.

If I'm right, Sakurai will be in charge of Smash Bros Ultimate

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My prediction is that Isabelle will be confirmed playable

If I'm correct, then I will be allowed to post lewd memes once a day for a month.

Do we have a deal? ;)

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
The previous conversations really got me thinking.

What if the other companies were the once who came up with the smash formula? How would their character roster look like? And what kind of content would the games contain?

I'm bored in anticipation to the direct so I decided to give it a shot.

I narrowed every companies roster size to 12 characters with everyone having 4 unlockable characters akin to the original Smash. Two of those 4 unlockables are from franchises represented by 2 starter characters.

Note that i'm not THAT familiar with every company.

Starter: Alex Kidd, Gillius, Sonic the Hedgehog, Akira Yuki, Nights, AiAi, Kiryu Kazuma, Billy Hatcher.
Unlockable: Tails, Axel Stone, Goro Majima, Bayonetta.

Starter: Arthur, Ryu, Mega Man, Strider Hiryu, Jill Valentine, Dante, Amaterasu, Frank West.
Unlockable: Chun-Li, Leon S. Kennedy, Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter.

Starter: Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Heihachi Mishima, Nightmare, Lloyd Irving, Kite, KOS-MOS, Alisa Illinichina Amiella.
Unlockable: Jin Kazama, Ivy Valentine, Klonoa, Prince.

Starter: Frogger, Bomberman, TwinBee, Simon Belmont, Bill Rizer, Solid Snake, Bonk, Yugo Ogami.
Unlockable: Goemon, Alucard, Raiden, Pyramid Head.

Starter: Erdrick, Cloud Strife, Crono, Raziel, Lara Croft, Agent 47, Sora, Neku.
Unlockable: Slime, Tifa Lockhart, Gex, Rico Rodriguez.

Even placed them in chronological order by series as how they would appear on the CSS!
Dedication, I know.

Also... all this! Way harder than I first thought!
Personally for the konami roster I would think about replacing one character with Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh!.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
My boldest prediction that will definitely be 100% in the Nintendo Direct.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
We probably can exspected the delay won’t be too long

Probably tomorrow between Sunday they will show the new date for the direct I’m guessing

Shepand Pagwins

Smash Rookie
Question, I picked up on the fact that the direct was delayed, but missed when it got moved to.
Thanks in advance.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Soo. Which newcomers do you guys think will be revealed in the upcoming direct?(assuming we get any.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom