• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
oh, geez! is Lycanroc actually a boring pick to most people? maybe i'm being too modest in my choices, haha! it's too bad the other characters i want have a slim chance of getting in, save for maybe Octolings as an Inkling echo...maybe Ninten too! either way, i'd be happy with whatever we get as long as it's a more-or-less serious character addition!
Oh, I just think Lycanroc is a prime example of Game Freak being ****ing awful with some ideas of theirs and therefore have grown to dislike it

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The best news for Geno is that is Skull Kid is revealed tomorrow it actually debunks the music theory. I know some people were bummed out about that. But the music theory would have deconfirmed Skull Kid a long time ago if it was true.

The bad news for Geno is, I wonder if Skull Kid is too similar to him? both "made of wood" both have suggested the standard B attack be a beam, both suggested to have non-traditional slightly ranged B attacks - Geno with his guns, Skull Kid with his fairies. etc.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Wants for this direct:
deconfirmation galore.
An assist trophy massacre, bigger then Smash 4's.
No leak survives.
Salt & Chaos.
Peoples Smash world turned upside down.
I agree with the decomfirmation galore, but seeing as you're a fan of robot, Mr. Medabot, I'd assumed you wanted himself in game.

Nah, It's The Legend of Smash Brawl.
Wasn't it Super Zelda Bros Brawl? Sounds more fitting. Or what about Super Pokemon Bros Brawl?

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
The best news for Geno is that is Skull Kid is revealed tomorrow it actually debunks the music theory. I know some people were bummed out about that. But the music theory would have deconfirmed Skull Kid a long time ago if it was true.

The bad news for Geno is, I wonder if Skull Kid is too similar to him? both "made of wood" both have suggested the standard B attack be a beam, both suggested to have non-traditional slightly ranged B attacks - Geno with his guns, Skull Kid with his fairies. etc.
I think the similarities between a trickster sorcerer possessed by a daemon mask accompanied by two faeries and an animate doll with a machine gun in his arm aren't as many as you expect

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I meant the first direct which was Ridley, but someone had mentioned they covered Inklings in that direct too, though I feel like it doesn't really apply a pattern of two NC per direct, but we'll see what happens with this one
Yeah, a sample size of two, with one of them needing modifiers to fit, does not beget a pattern.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262

It's not bad news. Even if the Smash team decides that they are too similar, Geno could still be an echo of Skullkid. I think those two are pretty different though.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh God. If Geno were a Skull Kid echo fighter.

Imagine the heartbreak for Geno fans.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Imagine if Skull Kid is revealed and he's got "Majora's Whirl" and "Majora's Boost" and along with his standard B Beam attack

D

Deleted member

BEDTIME: 23:00
DIRECT: An hour from then. Why don't you try going to bed an hour before the direct and trying to sleep through it?
Gwen why the **** would I go to sleep at 7PM?
I think the similarities between a trickster sorcerer possessed by a daemon mask accompanied by two faeries and an animate doll with a machine gun in his arm aren't as many as you expect
Never forget the idea that Isaac and Shulk couldn't coexist in Smash because they were both blonde protagnists with a sword from a JRPG

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Post your impossible dreams for tomorrow
First off, nothing is impossible.

Okay now that, that's out of the way, here are my possible Direct Dreams for tomorrow:

Virtual Console
Okami 2 (not Okamiden)
New Star Fox game (that hopefully plays like Assault with online multiplayer)
Animal Crossing for the Switch
More details on Pokémon LGEP
Any details on 8 Gen Pokémon game.
More details on the Torna DLC for XC2
Xenoblade Chronicles X coming to Switch
Bayonetta 3 details
Metroid Prime 4 details

Any few of these (or unlikely all) will make me happy.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Okay but what if... we get details for Nintendo Switch Online along with... Animal Crossing Switch with interesting new online functionality to help sell Nintendo Switch Online. And then Isabelle as an echo fighter after. I feel like that'd make sense, and them working in other echo fighters and not a regular newcomer during this would kinda make sense (and then maybe a newcomer at the end)

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Place your bets guys who are we getting tomorrow

Atleast 1 unique and echo reveal is a lock for sure
Nobody. Smash won't even be mentioned in this direct. Now that I've said that we'll get two newcomers tomorrow.
Imagine if Skull Kid is revealed and he's got "Majora's Whirl" and "Majora's Boost" and along with his standard B Beam attack
Wouldn't even be mad. Ganondorf's moves are based on Captain Falcon and I still love playing as him.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
She's a girl, at least show some respect to her instead of swearing
We've been over this, Shish and I are good friends, it's what good friends say to each other where I'm from
Majora's Boost???

YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS

If Fist Bump doesn't make it in I'm going to consider not buying the game tbh

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Oh God. If Geno were a Skull Kid echo fighter.

Imagine the heartbreak for Geno fans.
Depending on Skull Kid's moveset and the moves Geno took from him, I'd be ok with that.
Plus, as we've seen, Echo Fighters can take moves from other characters too instead of just one so...

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
DON'T TRUST THIS MAN! HE NEVER POSTED PROOF THAT HE ATE A SANDWICH WHEN THE RAYMAN LEAK WAS CONFIRMED FAKE!
What kind of dishonorable person wouldn't deliver on their promises when they lose a bet?? Disgrace!!

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Okay but what if... we get details for Nintendo Switch Online along with... Animal Crossing Switch with interesting new online functionality to help sell Nintendo Switch Online. And then Isabelle as an echo fighter after. I feel like that'd make sense, and them working in other echo fighters and not a regular newcomer during this would kinda make sense (and then maybe a newcomer at the end)
In my opinion, Isabelle can't be an Echo Fighter of Villager. The two characters do not share the same body proportions.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Place your bets guys who are we getting tomorrow

Atleast 1 unique and echo reveal is a lock for sure

And I get to see this one live
Shadow, Skull Kid, Isabella , And Issac!

Also! Just heard from Verbagen/Vergeben on gamefaqs! And he says he currently doesn't know anything about the direct that's happening tommorrow (So we could be in for some major surprises!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Why didn't they New Leaf-ify the Villager this time anyway?

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
If Skull Kid is playable do you think this could be his idle/walking animation

250px-SkullKidHWL.png
I don't see why not, assuming most of his attacks won't be punches/kicks. It would add to his cocky/overpowered feel and I'd love him even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom