• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Probably doesn't matter to anyone, but the timing adds up to have a newcomer be the blog update for Thursday Night EST/Friday Morning JST.

Kinda only expecting one newcomer because of that. Although means nothing really.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'm going into this direct expecting absolutely nothing from Smash, especially given we had a Smash centered direct almost exactly a month earlier. Rather be surprised then disappointed due to getting my hopes up.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Probably doesn't matter to anyone, but the timing adds up to have a newcomer be the blog update for Thursday Night EST/Friday Morning JST.

Kinda only expecting one newcomer because of that. Although means nothing really.
Why? Augusts direct had 5 character reveals and was on a Wednesday. Don't really think there is a pattern tbh.

Anyway I'm expect at least 1 unique reveal. But that's all I'm expecting. The games hype machine needs to start increasing over these next 3 months so I actually expect info each month until release. Probably something small in October, something huge in November.

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Smashboards logic:

>Before Direct announcement: Man I can't wait for them to announce the Direct so they reveal another character! ^^
>After Direct announcement: I expect nothing in 35 minutes.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Bet, right here right now:

Tomorrow we're seeing either Isaac or Skull Kid. Maybe both.

If neither of those get in, I'll do...something.

Let me get back to you on that.

Last edited:

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
I'd like it if they revealed info about Smash's online features, we'll see. I'm guessing they probably won't reveal more than one character or anything about the new mode.

Potato_

Smash Lord
A Direct is good news to come back too!

I'm predicting one newcomer and an echo realistically. This game comes out in 3 months so they're probably going to start amping it up with the reveals.

In my heart: Skull Kid, Shadow revealed as an echo.

In my mind: Isaac, Isabelle revealed as an echo.

In my deepest wildest dreams: Skull Kid and Isaac revealed, one at the beginning and the end respectively.

Although Sakurai might throw a curveball and give us something like Bandana Dee.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Honestly at this point every one of the likely characters is pretty hype to me, so no matter what happens I'm gonna end up liking it

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Smashboards logic:

>Before Direct announcement: Man I can't wait for them to announce the Direct so they reveal another character! ^^
I'm worried i get disappointed but i just can't help myself

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'll be the foil then.
I'll put a bunch of my expectations in the basket just for fun because it's not like I could be disappointed at this point, the game is already pretty awesome from what we know so far.

Anyway, the last 12 or so minutes of the direct will go like this:
Game reveal (In my mind, Animal Crossing) -> Echo fighter from that game as transition into Smash segment (Isabelle, in this case) -> Smash Info -> "But wait there's more!" character reveal (Isaac).

I also always hold that the last curveball reveal may instead be a demo date instead of a character reveal.

Also, gonna jump the shark / grasp at straws here but while I'm putting a bunch of stuff on the table that I think would be cool if I got it right, Nintendo Online Service customers will be given access to specific demo events for future release titles. Importantly, Smash Bros. Dates for which will be revealed.

Thank you and be sure to totally ignore this so I can rub your noses in it when the hype dies down.

EDIT: 9/12/2018 12:20PM EST:
Giving it a little thought, I'm a bit more confident about it being Skull Kid than Isaac.
No further edits will be made to this post just so that when it happens, there's a time stamp on the edit.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Anyone notable retweet the direct announcement yet? Sakurai? Tetsuya Takahashi? Game Freak? Camelot?

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman

Lick a switch cartridge. I'll be doing the same thing if my admittedly less ballsy prediction doesn't come true (Isaac, Skull Kid, or Geno)

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

I only personally believe the Isaac tweet, but if the Skull Kid furniture hint also is true, man that would be the greatest character duo reveal. If neither happen, both are gonna get memed so hard tmrw XDD

D

Deleted member

If Isabelle is revealed as an Echo Fighter, I'll fulfill one request out of the first three users that reply to this post. However, if Isabelle is an unique, those three users will have to each fulfill one request of mine.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
DON'T TRUST THIS MAN! HE NEVER POSTED PROOF THAT HE ATE A SANDWICH WHEN THE RAYMAN LEAK WAS CONFIRMED FAKE!
Hey, I never made such promises!

... You see, I promised to eat a sandwich if he didn't make it in at all! Totally different!

D

Deleted member

Smashboards logic:

It was announced that it's a General Direct; not a Smash Direct, so its not guaranteed we'll get anything.

7982Brick

Smash Cadet
I’m just waiting until the chorus kids get announced. Inb4 I'm going to be waiting forever.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Despite my previous post, if a newcomer is revealed tomorrow though, my bet would be on Isaac or Incineroar I guess.

Kinda bothers me how everyone is acting like Sakurai has become so predictable lately. It's like the general consensus is that Skull Kid, Issac, and Geno are locks now.

You know what? Instead of getting a popular character, I'd actually prefer we get someone completely unexpected. At least that way we'd be able to go back to having no idea who to expect.
I'm sorry but that's the dumbest thing I've read all day.

Last edited:

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
Like the majority of the comments I’ve seen, I’m preparing for the worst but I’m hoping for a character announcement right at the end. If we get one newcomer and nothing else I’ll be very happy. I think a character announcement tomorrow, plus a few more at an extended smash direct in October/November will be enough to get everyone out there before launch.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
If Isabelle is revealed as an Echo Fighter, I'll fulfill one request out of the first three users that reply to this post. However, if Isabelle is an unique, those three users will have to each fulfill one request of mine.
You have to drink a glass of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom