• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I would absolutely kill for the Ecco the Dolphin soundtrack in Smash

straight bops, all of them
Speaking of which. I could see Ecco working perfectly as an Assist Trophy along with Cooking Mama (I'll be surprised if she isn't one), Eggplant Wizard, King Hippo, Lana (Since she stars only in spin-off games I'd imagine she'd be the same case as Waluigi), Rambi,

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So… where is that banjo model come from then? Also dixie with kneepads… i don't think we've had a leak of her acknowledging her kneepads yet.
Also this guy brings a good point, I think maybe Banjo's animations are a WIP at the moment that pict was taken.
Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 12.37.15 PM.png
I wish we never had such crappy photo leaks back in smash 4 otherwise i would've discarded this already… Smash renders are easy to photoshop and such but when it comes to 3D models it's harder to do that with just looking… the only way to discard 3d models is by finding where they are from and i honestly haven't seen that banjo one if it's actually a 3d model. Hell i'm not blindly believing it but i refuse to discard something just for the sake of it just looking weird.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
We are all forgetting the most important piece of SEGA music

I could listen to it all day long...
A Segata Sanshiro Assist Trophy is one of my biggest never-gonna-happen wishes for Ultimate.

Friendly reminder that this is something that happened.
image.png

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
So… where is that banjo model come from then? Also dixie with kneepads… i don't think we've had a leak of her acknowledging her kneepads yet.
Also this guy brings a good point, I think maybe Banjo's animations are a WIP at the moment that pict was taken.
View attachment 161147I wish we never had such crappy photo leaks back in smash 4 otherwise i would've discarded this already… Smash renders are easy to photoshop and such but when it comes to 3D models it's harder to do that with just looking… the only way to discard 3d models is by finding where they are from and i honestly haven't seen that banjo one if it's actually a 3d model. Hell i'm not blindly believing it but i refuse to discard something just for the sake of it just looking weird.
It's not 1995 anymore. Anybody can pick up 3D modeling and pose it with automatic tools that clean it up and add lighting.

The only incontrovertible proof is lengthy, clear footage with audio.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It would prevent them being Duck Hunt 2.0
Duck Hunt is a trio. Banjo and Kazooie are a duo.

Next you're gonna say "It would prevent them being Ice Climbers 2.0". :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
image0.png
1535814125488.png

I like this rumor

This is a rumor I can get behind

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Duck Hunt is a trio. Banjo and Kazooie are a duo.

Next you're gonna say "It would prevent them being Ice Climbers 2.0". :p
Actually I was going to say Olimar and Red Pikmin.

It was more or less a joke but I really can see them having some sort of gimmick like Cloud's manually charged Limit.

D

Deleted member

If Nintendo releases an online demo of Smash Ultimate, what build do you guys think it would be? Would they just reuse the E3 one, or do something more akin to the 3DS demo back in the day with 3 veterans and 2 of the newcomers?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If Nintendo releases an online demo of Smash Ultimate, what build do you guys think it would be? Would they just reuse the E3 one, or do something more akin to the 3DS demo back in the day with 3 veterans and 2 of the newcomers?
Probably the 3DS route, because Smash 4 demos pre-October had way more characters (t. I played them at Best Buy).

:ultmario::ultlink::ultpikachu::ultridley::ultinkling: are my bets.

D

Deleted member

When are you guys expecting the next newsdump?
I say there's a 50/50 chance we get something this month, as odds are good for a Direct. I personally believe the final information blowout will be in-between mid-October to the first week of November before pre-loads go live and data mining spoils everything like it did with Kirby.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
See, Geno's is actually clear enough to look 3d. Okay now this is getting weird. If he starts posting more models (there's likely more than 3 characters left), then it's a big deal lol
but it's not exactly hard to pose an existing model/make a new one and then take a blurry picture of it though. Let's not forget rayman and springman/decidueye.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Isn't this the guy that promised video footage? Instead of showing off some portraits, I'd just record the character select screen, go over all the characters on the CSS, and then play a match with one of them
You would.

If you weren't an attention-seeking fraud like this guy over here.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Isn't this the guy that promised video footage? Instead of showing off some portraits, I'd just record the character select screen, go over all the characters on the CSS, and then play a match with one of them
Watch it be some excuse to be like "I don't wanna blow my cover!!!" despite the fact he literally showed off the CSS already but now suddenly doesn't have the power to record it. :laugh:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
When are you guys expecting the next newsdump?
Sometime this month, especially since they will supposedly be starting the Switch online service on the second half, it'd be a good opportunity to sneak Smash info into a general Direct.

It was posted on that /v/ thread, someone also posted this
Oh look, somebody's been posing their PVC figures.

OMG WHAAAAAAAAAT, SOMEBODY GET ETIKA ON THE LINE
KILL IT WITH FIRE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom