• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Quick question:

If it were a choice between the two, would you be happier with Shadow as either an Echo or unique Newcomer, or Dr. Eggman as a unique Newcomer? For me personally, as much as I enjoy the cheesey edgy-ness of Shadow, I'd give my vote to Eggman. Being the series main villain and having really interesting moveset potential just makes him a much more interesting idea than Shadow in my opinion.

Plus I just like the idea of a video game letting me see Bowser fight Eggman. That would be like a childhood dream come true for me, lol. :p
Part of me says Shadow because it makes the most sense as of right now. He's Sonic's rival, one of the breakout characters of the 3D era, and has lots of his own tools through his enhanced affinity with the Chaos Emeralds.

But at the same time, Eggman stomping around in his robots would be tons of fun.

I have to say realistically, it's Shadow. But I'd prefer it to be Eggman.

StormC

Smash Hero
You can't "debunk" an original render. People just make original renders and take a shakycam pic, then throw it up on /v/ for their fifteen minutes of fame.

Banjo and Dixie are my most wanted but we have zero reason to believe these pictures just because you can't reverse google the source.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm pretty sure that even if we got gameplay footage, people would still say "anyone can do that", lol. That's just the state of disbelief towards leaks now that "everything is possible" anyways. it's funny really
Thing is, gameplay footage is ****ing ridiculously hard to fake, I doubted the ESRB leak in 2014, but seeing 4 characters duke it out including a character who has no moves that look similar to anyone else, I knew "This **** is impossible to fake at that point, this is it"

osby

Smash Obsessed
Quick question:

If it were a choice between the two, would you be happier with Shadow as either an Echo or unique Newcomer, or Dr. Eggman as a unique Newcomer? For me personally, as much as I enjoy the cheesey edgy-ness of Shadow, I'd give my vote to Eggman. Being the series main villain and having really interesting moveset potential just makes him a much more interesting idea than Shadow in my opinion.

Plus I just like the idea of a video game letting me see Bowser fight Eggman. That would be like a childhood dream come true for me, lol. :p
Shadow.

I prefer getting main characters before villains and eeven though he's a slightly better character, I'm not really sure you can translate Eggman's great machines into Smash as as a fighter. He'd work a lot better as a boss.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wonder how many people spent months making fake renders for characters only to have them be deconfirmed on the 8/8 direct

D

Deleted member

-Has superior memes.
I would pay large sums of money to see Eggman in Smash with these quotes:

Star K.O.: "No WAY! I can't BELIEVE THIS!"
Taunt: "YOSH"
Final Smash: "All systems! FUUULLLL POWWWERRRR!"
Regular K.O.: "He's not going to get AWAAAAAAAY with this!"
Stage Entrance: "Let's get to WOOOORRRRRRRK"

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
I like how nobody has really said they believe these images explicitly and people are getting defensive out of nowhere.

Like, chill out. People are just talking about it. It's interesting. We're in a real Smash news drought right now until the next Direct and we're 3 months out from release. Gotta keep entertained somehow.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
jhdbsfkjsdhfkshd

imagine Henry getting in before Tharja, there would be, like, eight separate reasons for outcries from fans

also lmao at just robin with closed eyes
Tharja would never have a chance anyway, she's a walking talking ESRB villain. :smirk:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I'm pretty sure that even if we got gameplay footage, people would still say "anyone can do that", lol. That's just the state of disbelief towards leaks now that "everything is possible" anyways. it's funny really
Don't forget Bowser Jr. in the ESRB leak was just a Brawl mod of Diddy Kong.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hello. Long time no see. With Smash Ultimate coming in 3 months, I should focus on trying to pick up the pace with my Smash polls. Skipping Mega Man and Animal Crossing entirely to focus on Xenoblade. From now on, I’ll only feature characters who are realtic or clearly have fan demand.

With that being said, I’ll start things off with Xenoblade X since there’s not much feasible characters left from the original who isn’t deconfirmed. Your choices are Elma, Cross, Lao, and Lin.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin

StormC

Smash Hero
Eggman could totally work in Smash. Just give him a downsized version of the Egg Walker from SA2 and throw in all sorts of gadgets from his games.

Or use the mech from Sonic The Fighters.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I think people should take comfortability in the fact that WE WILL get leaked gameplay footage before the game releases. Its bound to happen. A month before or a week before release, but it will happen.

We'll know more characters by the end of the month, and likely even more in 2.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Thing is, gameplay footage is ****ing ridiculously hard to fake, I doubted the ESRB leak in 2014, but seeing 4 characters duke it out including a character who has no moves that look similar to anyone else, I knew "This **** is impossible to fake at that point, this is it"
There are proffesionals for each area. Art, media, etc. I don't think it's harder. Harder for someone not working on such area? yes, but it's definitely possilbe to someone who knows their stuff, hell, even a group of them working together. Of course i doubt leakers have that much free time to build such type of leaks… -watches all of teh 4chan leaks- nevermind… there's a lot of people with free time apparently… Heck just have someone good enough to make a model and animate it, add the animation to part of a gameplay footag, then blurr the hell out of it (or as necessary to make you doubt it), and there you go, you got a fake footage leak.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hello. Long time no see. With Smash Ultimate coming in 3 months, I should focus on trying to pick up the pace with my Smash polls. Skipping Mega Man and Animal Crossing entirely to focus on Xenoblade. From now on, I’ll only feature characters who are realtic or clearly have fan demand.

With that being said, I’ll start things off with Xenoblade X since there’s not much feasible characters left from the original who isn’t deconfirmed. Your choices are Elma, Cross, Lao, and Lin.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin
Cross is a literal nobody, Lin is a walking joke along with Tatsu, and Lao doesn't even do anything that we see before the [spoilers].

Elma's the only option.

lurxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
lurxylux
Switch FC
SW 7645 5399 8874
What is with all those picture leaks coming up right now? The whole time we only got text leaks and suddenly there are picture leaks everywhere.

Maybe my tin foil hat is speaking right now but I get the feeling that maybe Nintendo is trying to cover something up? Maybe somebody posted a real picture leak and now they are posting this **** leaks everywhere. It might be veeery far fetched but who knows?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Eggman could totally work in Smash. Just give him a downsized version of the Egg Walker from SA2 and throw in all sorts of gadgets from his games.

Or use the mech from Sonic The Fighters.
Don't some of Sonic's moves come from Sonic the Fighters already? Pulling stuff from that would be perfect for Eggman!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Maybe my tin foil hat is speaking right now but I get the feeling that maybe Nintendo is trying to cover something up? Maybe somebody posted a real picture leak and now they are posting this **** leaks everywhere. It's like a veeery far fetch but who knows?
Name one time Nintendo has done this.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think two characters this month sounds likely.
And then we'll get another dry month like July where we get no info all October until that final direct in Nov.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
What is with all those picture leaks coming up right now? The whole time we only got text leaks and suddenly there are picture leaks everywhere.

Maybe my tin foil hat is speaking right now but I get the feeling that maybe Nintendo is trying to cover something up? Maybe somebody posted a real picture leak and now they are posting this **** leaks everywhere. It might be veeery far fetched but who knows?
It's the deathborn one I posted. it is very real, my uncle nintendo sent me it

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I like how nobody has really said they believe these images explicitly and people are getting defensive out of nowhere.

Like, chill out. People are just talking about it. It's interesting. We're in a real Smash news drought right now until the next Direct and we're 3 months out from release. Gotta keep entertained somehow.
My point exactly, it might be fake, it might be real, it's still material to speculate if there is no solid proof for debunking it. Even if there's no need to have solid proof, it's still stuff to talk about. It baffles me how some people just want to shut down any potential subject.... but then we have 10 pages of freaking Gothielle talk, which is just "text"… SMH
So yeah, I say let people talk about it if they want to, it's not like we got much else at the moment.

Don't forget Bowser Jr. in the ESRB leak was just a Brawl mod of Diddy Kong.
Exaclty, thanks for the reminder lol

Last edited:

lurxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
lurxylux
Switch FC
SW 7645 5399 8874
Name one time Nintendo has done this.
What does it matter if Nintendo ever did that? Which other game developed by Nintendo is that sensible to leaks? Maybe they figured to change their strategy with the ESRB leak. The whole thing is just an idea but the amount of picture leaks suddenly coming up is fishy to me

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The Rayman hoax should've been the point where people should've realized that, yes, some people are crazy enough to pull that type of stunts.
Not necessarily "crazy enough".

I use Photoshop every day for both my job and my Youtube channel and have so for years. It's just something I do. And if I were bored/motivated enough to make a fake leak that could be believed, it wouldn't really take THAT much work. Particularly if I knew more about 3D modeling to make truly unique references rather than relying on manipulating and re-shading already existing vectors. (Which, I have a friend who does, and he'd probably get a kick out of it too.)

Basically, the people making these leaks probably put no more than a couple hours into them. And definitely less time than the people debating them are spending working themselves up over information that, at worst, will be freely available three months from now.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So, someone on GameFAQs found this in-game picture on Twitter.

They claim, however, that there was no actual source for the picture and I haven't personally seen it before today.

Anyone recognize where it might come from?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What does it matter if Nintendo ever did that?
Because you suggest that they're doing it with no history of doing it in the first place.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I've changed my mind, I miss bad text leaks because at least no one believed those even though they were equally as fake.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
There are proffesionals for each area. Art, media, etc. I don't think it's harder. Harder for someone not working on such area? yes, but it's definitely possilbe to someone who knows their stuff, hell, even a group of them working together. Of course i doubt leakers have that much free time to build such type of leaks… -watches all of teh 4chan leaks- nevermind… there's a lot of people with free time apparently… Heck just have someone good enough to make a model and animate it, add the animation to part of a gameplay footag, then blurr the hell out of it (or as necessary to make you doubt it), and there you go, you got a fake footage leak.
It absolutely IS harder. You need a character who's got a polished model and attack animations alongside the character portraits, stock icons, a stage, the damage percentages which have decimals now, the altered physics, making sure it's consistent with information we do know, etc. It's a ****ing nightmare to do this and an impossibility without a ridiculous amount of free time, checking to see if everything checks out, possibly changing stuff with new information to look convincing and having it look smooth

StormC

Smash Hero

They claim, however, that there was no actual source for the picture and I haven't personally seen it before today.

It might be from the Smash Versus Twitter or something like that. Some social media get press releases outside of the website and Directs.

I know Smash Versus for example posted a picture of K. Rool using his recovery on Yoshi's Island that had not been seen anywhere else.

EDIT: Where the hell is Pit's damage percentage?

Last edited:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
I think two characters this month sounds likely.
And then we'll get another dry month like July where we get no info all October until that final direct in Nov.
2 characters reveals is enough to keep people talking for weeks, specially if it's a 3rd party reveal.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Quick question:

I would prefer Eggman myself. In fact, I wonder which Eggmobile model they would go for, the Sonic CD one might be a sensible pick if they go for something more "classic": http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/EGG-HVC-001

T-Hell

Smash Lord
The whole thing is just an idea but the amount of picture leaks suddenly coming up is fishy to me
It really isn't. People know about the whole ESRB disaster in Smash4 so they are probably trying to fool us now in the right time, when the ESRB qualified the game. Jokes on them we are not 5 years old.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Isn't that from the footage they used to detail Stamina Mode being a normal mode now?

It really isn't. People know about the whole ESRB disaster in Smash4 so they are probably trying to fool us in the right time, where the ESRB qualified the game. Jokes on them we are not 5 years old.
But again, they have no history of doing it, and it'd be a complete waste of time to do it in the first place. If it really is that bad, they'd take it down or ignore it entirely. I don't think even Nintendo was aware of the ESRB leak at the time or no comments from them about it.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
It might be from the Smash Versus Twitter or something like that. Some social media get press releases outside of the website and Directs.

I know Smash Versus for example posted a picture of K. Rool using his recovery on Yoshi's Island that had not been seen anywhere else.

It's stamina mode

Untouch

Smash Master

That does look real, maybe it's something press related?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
2 characters reveals is enough to keep people talking for weeks, specially if it's a 3rd party reveal.
No it won't because people act like a week or two without any major announcements is a drought. ****, I joked that after the Smash direct, people would ignore everything just to discuss the possibility of Shadow being an echo and they started talking about it like 2 days after the direct here again

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
It absolutely IS harder. You need a character who's got a polished model and attack animations alongside the character portraits, stock icons, a stage, the damage percentages which have decimals now, the altered physics, making sure it's consistent with information we do know, etc. It's a ****ing nightmare to do this and an impossibility without a ridiculous amount of free time, checking to see if everything checks out, possibly changing stuff with new information to look convincing and having it look smooth
Harder still =/= impossible
We have underestimated before, we shouldn't do that this time. And yes, there are people with a lot of free time, we've seen it.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Just looked through it and I couldn't find it. Most pictures don't even feature the UI.

Isn't that from the footage they used to detail Stamina Mode being a normal mode now?
On this front, I just rewatched the footage and this part wasn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom