• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Geno's broken neck would be a problem.

If he weren't a wooden action figure with points of articulation.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Isn't this the guy that promised video footage? Instead of showing off some portraits, I'd just record the character select screen, go over all the characters on the CSS, and then play a match with one of them
It's 4chan. Literally anybody can pretend to be anybody. Unless there's a tripcode (which can still be faked by people skilled enough) then there's no telling who it is. People piggyback all the time because they can and nobody can stop them.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've never seen that Geno model before. I wonder if the person created it

Chrono.

Seriously, what's with all the fake image leaks the past few days? Did somebody start something?
- We're getting close to release
- It's been 3 weeks since the Direct and people are thirsty for news

I think that's about it.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Geno debunked, forget it. No source on the banjo and dixie one yet tho
It really doesn't matter if there's a source for them or not.

Palutena should have been the point where people go "completely original 3D models are no longer proof a leak's validity" but for some reason shakycam blurrovision out of context stills of popular characters are still given credibility because the person wasted enough time to make/modify a new model.

I really don't get it.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

Palutena should have been the point where people go "completely original 3D models are no longer proof a leak's validity" but for some reason shakycam blurrovision out of context stills of popular characters are still given credibility because the person wasted enough time to make/modify a new model.

I really don't get it.
The Rayman hoax should've been the point where people should've realized that, yes, some people are crazy enough to pull that type of stunts.

D

Deleted member

Listening to various Nintendo music right now and I'm floored this song STILL isn't in Smash Bros.:

It's sooooo good, and probably one of the most iconic Metroid themes of all time. How hasn't it been in Smash yet? I would totally be down with this playing on Brinstar Depths!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Seriously, what's with all the fake image leaks the past few days? Did somebody start something?
Probably the ESRB thing happened recently and people thought it was a good time to start with the "fake 3d model leaks" phase.

I really don't get it.
While I agree, I rather stay away from either discarding it immediately due to history records on the whole 3D models situation, and stay away from believing it blindly. Hell, we did get pretty crappy quality pics of Smash 4 3Ds, Shulk for example, and it turned out to be real. It's a 50/50 situation imo, no point in believing blindly but also no fun in ignoring them all just because anyone can do it. Eventually something will be real, y'know. Maybe not this time, but eventually.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Listening to various Nintendo music right now and I'm floored this song STILL isn't in Smash Bros.:

It's sooooo good, and probably one of the most iconic Metroid themes of all time. How hasn't it been in Smash yet? I would totally be down with this playing on Brinstar Depths!
I honestly at this point kinda wanna kidnap Sakurai and lock him in a room with a 3DS and Samus Returns until he UNDERSTANDS :p

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
The Geno one looks pretty real outside of the weird background choice. The Banjo/Dixie one looks fake as hell. Should be reversed =/

EDIT: not a slam against Geno--he's just more likely, and so it's not as surprising. Of course, I'm also biased. ;P

Listen if it were a real leak, they'd post the entire CSS, like the ESRB one.

I do not doubt these characters could be in, but posting individual models when people would just rather see the completely CSS screen shows why the leak is fake. At least the last one had the right idea by trying to show the character portraits.

Really hope this direct is coming soon, we need some more character confirmations
I have a feeling the next Direct won't give us much, outside of an obvious first party character. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Well,l I gotta give the maker of that Dixie model credit for including the kneepads. They were part of her original design.

DixieDKC2.png

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Listen if it were a real leak, they'd post the entire CSS, like the ESRB one.

I do not doubt these characters could be in, but posting individual models when people would just rather see the complete CSS screen shows why the leak is fake. If he posted a ton more then maybe it'd be something, but these 2/3 by themselves make no sense. At least the last one had the right idea by trying to show the character portraits.

Really hope this direct is coming soon, we need some more character confirmations

Last edited:

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Probably the ESRB thing happened recently and people thought it was a good time to start with the "fake 3d model leaks" phase.

While I agree, I rather stay away from either discarding it immediately due to history records on the whole 3D models situation, and stay away from believing it blindly. Hell, we did get pretty crappy quality pics of Smash 4 3Ds, Shulk for example, and it turned out to be real. It's a 50/50 situation imo, no point in believing blindly but also no fun in ignoring them all just because anyone can do it. Eventually something will be real, y'know. Maybe not this time, but eventually.
This is nothing like ESRB and I really wish people would stop bringing that up to justify why Leak of The Week(tm) shouldn't "be discounted."
ESRB's screenshots were eventually backed up with video evidence and there were so many unique, consistent UI elements that it was getting harder and harder to deny them. The sheer volume of content combined with the unique 3DS visuals and actual gameplay footage is what tipped it into the "real" category.

This is like three blurry, poorly posed models against random backgrounds with "make a moveset" tier explanations.

It's nowhere near 50/50.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
The ZS Samus monstrosity is not the same leaker as Dixie, Geno and Banjo right? I'm torned cause Dixie and Banjo look fake as hell, but Geno looks quite good. Of course, we have the redesigned hat issue but... #IWantToBelieve

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"Johnny Johnny"
"Yes papa?"
"Making fake leaks?"
"No papa"
"Telling lies?"
"No papa"
"Open your mouth"
"Ha ha ha"

If you replace "open your mouth" with "show me game footage" it'd be a 10/10

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
This is nothing like ESRB and I really wish people would stop bringing that up to justify why Leak of The Week(tm) shouldn't "be discounted."
ESRB's screenshots were eventually backed up with video evidence and there were so many unique, consistent UI elements that it was getting harder and harder to deny them. The sheer volume of content combined with the unique 3DS visuals and actual gameplay footage is what tipped it into the "real" category.

This is like three blurry, poorly posed models against random backgrounds with "make a moveset" tier explanations.

It's nowhere near 50/50.
Well I rather not jump to conclusions based on opinions, I rather wait and see how they actually debunk it. To each their own if they don't want to even have fun speculating. I will not jump to any conclusion now because then i would look stupid if it actually comes true, lol

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'd rather talk about these image leaks because there's visual elements to them. I'd take this over random text leak any day, because even if the renders are fake it at least takes more effort than text leak number 754, and brings about more interesting conversations than seeing text leaks and being like "no".

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd rather talk about these image leaks because there's visual elements to them. I'd take this over random text leak any day, because even if the renders are fake it at least takes more effort than text leak number 754, and brings about more interesting conversations than seeing text leaks and being like "no".
People actually need to put effort into image leaks at least

Anyone can just type out stuff and say it's real

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It seemed like Smash Ultimate's leak quality from March to now was strong, took a hard dip down, and now it's slowly rising back up. I still think one of the earliest leaks with Springman and Decidueye were the best solely because of the fact that it's a video and not a blurry blink of an image.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Quick question:

If it were a choice between the two, would you be happier with Shadow as either an Echo or unique Newcomer, or Dr. Eggman as a unique Newcomer? For me personally, as much as I enjoy the cheesey edgy-ness of Shadow, I'd give my vote to Eggman. Being the series main villain and having really interesting moveset potential just makes him a much more interesting idea than Shadow in my opinion.

Plus I just like the idea of a video game letting me see Bowser fight Eggman. That would be like a childhood dream come true for me, lol. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
You can talk about them without giving them validation. Treating them as if they are in any way real is just enabling people to run around annoying others with "leaks" that have been pounded to death. I mean jeez, we had to endure what felt like weeks of people believing some random imgur post with pictures of cardboard boxes and mountain climbers because "well it could be real!"

Yeah well I could also be the Queen of Whales.

I've said it before but I'll say it again, show me some gameplay footage with audio and I'll humor them.

Seriously, it feels like a Friday the 13th movie in here sometimes. How many times do we have to kill these things before people start going "Huh maybe the pool of actually legit blurry contextless image leaks is infinitesimally shallow."

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Anyone in need of a good laugh? I found one not from the Dixie/Banjo thread, but from a different one.
1535823686211.jpg

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure that even if we got gameplay footage, people would still say "anyone can do that", lol. That's just the state of disbelief towards leaks now that "everything is possible" anyways. it's funny really

StormC

Smash Hero
Quick question:

If it were a choice between the two, would you be happier with Shadow as either an Echo or unique Newcomer, or Dr. Eggman as a unique Newcomer? For me personally, as much as I enjoy the cheesey edgy-ness of Shadow, I'd give my vote to Eggman. Being the series main villain and having really interesting moveset potential just makes him a much more interesting idea than Shadow in my opinion.

Plus I just like the idea of a video game letting see Bowser fight Eggman. That would be like a childhood dream come true for me, lol. :p
Eggman is the better choice in every conceivable way.

-Has been with the series since the first game
-Massive moveset potential
-Most iconic video game villain not already in the game
-Has superior memes

Eggman is one of my most wanted and I'm seriously considering campaigning for him for Smash 6 because Richter has opened the floodgates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom