• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I love Samus's new design but if people can complain about Snake's *** a million times, I don't know why doing same about her is bad.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I was complaining about talking about the leak earlier but I'd much rather talk about that than the breasts of a video game character.
Same. I prefer leak talk about fictional boob arguments any day of the week.

D

Deleted member

In fact, everything in the universe looks worse compared to Wario.
That's because he's the one true Nintendo husbando:

The only ones that can hope to compare are K. Rool and Dedede, but even they are no match for the pure beauty that is Wario.

EDIT: Fixed it. Guess that's what I get for trying to make a joke, lol. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I was complaining about talking about the leak earlier but I'd much rather talk about that than the breasts of a video game character.
Hey guys, who's ready to talk about whether or not they should censor Pyra's design in Smash?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
There goes the theory that it was mirrored lol. I can't believe someone went through so much effort of making a leak like that, just to get something so simple as where Agnes' hair splits wrong lol.
I had a feeling it wasn't lmao but you definitely werent far off. Most Shadow renders just happen to be like that.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
The sad thing is the off-modelness almost makes it more convincing. Why would a fake leaker go so far off-model if they are trying to be believable? lol

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That's because he's the one true Nintendo husbando:

The only ones that can hope to compare are K. Rool and Dedede, but even they are no match for the pure beauty that is Wario.
You're talking about Smash Husbandos but leaving out Mr.Tall-Dark-and-Handsome himself?

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Dude, I get that you love Samus, I do too, but please, stop talking about her and her design. I think most of us got tired of it after the first time.
I mean, it's not an unfair generalization when it's literally the only argument I've seen
I’m talking about it a lot because this whole situation is killing me. Because of the generalisations and the crass assumptions. Because I love this character and I love this series and it means a lot to me. :(

Besides, it breaks up the constant leak discussion, doesn’t it? :p

StormC

Smash Hero
Man Shadow is even worse looking in full. His chest fur is ****ing airbrushed.

I love Samus's new design but if people can complain about Snake's *** a million times, I don't know why doing same about her is bad.
Talking about Snake's ass is usually done tongue-in-cheek and doesn't involve embarrassing conversations about men.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Most of the time the Snake butt complaints are jokes, and when they aren't it's more about how his anatomy is really off as a result. I've never seen someone be actually passionate about his butt though.

Samus' Ultimate model has other actual problems, most notably with her face.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I can't believe Artsy Omni is making fake leaks again
View attachment 160647
Should never have showed the full pic but I'll still give it an A for more effort than what was needed
What I find odd is how they managed to modernize Isaacs design in a way. Seriously commend them, now I want to see Ken, Isabelle and Skull Kids because those are probably the most controversial.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Well being saddled with an unfamiliar, unprecedented drastic redesign of a character you’re used to looking a certain way is kind of a big deal to me. Sorry. :(
That’s not even close to an “unprecedented, drastic redesign”. Not even in the same ballpark. Drastic Redesign calls up the new ZSS render and is like “hey, you should come over!”, and the render is like “sorry, I don’t have the time. We’re just way too far apart.”

No to mention small changes have always happened to Samus between games, making the word unprecedented objectively false :)

D

Deleted member

I’m talking about it a lot because this whole situation is killing me. Because of the generalisations and the crass assumptions. Because I love this character and I love this series and it means a lot to me. :(

Don't think asking for anatomically incorrect body proportions for the sake of sexualizing her is the type of "love" for a character I want to see.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

That doesn't make it better. I'm sick and tired of fictional boob arguments I'd rather talk about the ****ing chairs over it. It's not funny. I love Samus too but I'm not ******** about her design. Enough is enough.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Don't think asking for anatomically incorrect body proportions for the sake of sexualizing her is the type of "love" for a character I want to see.
I didn't think I'd ever see the day where someone preferred Big **** Mcgee to the muscular, anatomically correct ZSS we have now. Like, Smash 4 ZSS was good at the time, but now that we have her design in Ultimate, I can't see why anyone would want to go back.

D

Deleted member

You're talking about Smash Husbandos but leaving out Mr.Tall-Dark-and-Handsome himself?
He may be tall, but is he THICC?:

This is a totally original K. Rool joke that has never been made before. Ho ho, I'm so clever. :3

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
One thing is for sure, Shadow and Isabelle are in. It's not a matter of "if", but "when" is Nintendo going to reveal them.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think we better change the subject. You guys have any characters you want to Smash just to see their renders? I'm not even huge on Rex & Pyra but I'd like to see how their poses would be together. Renders for team fighters look really cool this time.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Most of the time the Snake butt complaints are jokes, and when they aren't it's more about how his anatomy is really off as a result. I've never seen someone be actually passionate about his butt though.

Samus' Ultimate model has other actual problems, most notably with her face.
I never thought i'd see this line.

Also, maybe there is a cult of Passionate Snake Butt Fans :p.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
One thing is for sure, Shadow and Isabelle are in. It's not a matter of "if", but "when" is Nintendo going to reveal them.
Hopefully all of them are in (save for Agnes because idk why Sakurai and Square would choose that character over a ridiculous amount of other iconic Square reps OR Geno for that matter)

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Can we go back to talking about dumb leaks? Thanks.
I have a leak for you: Shantae, Geno and Skull Kid are the left newcomers to be shown.

How do i know this? Well, because a friend of mine works at the Nintendo store in NY and he invited me to his house to play Smash Ultimate and i saw them on the selection screen.
PLS DO NUT STEEL

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
What in fresh hell?

This thing is still going?

God. That Agnes model is horrifying in full.

I'd like to think if Square and Sakurai were going to include a character who has such a gorgeous concept they wouldn't make her look like a potato who has acquired the sense of smell and unfortunately the first thing she's forced to smell is Wario's fart.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I think we better change the subject. You guys have any characters you want to Smash just to see their renders? I'm not even huge on Rex & Pyra but I'd like to see how their poses would be together. Renders for team fighters look really cool this time.
Funnily enough, even though I want Rex and Pyra the most, one character I'd be really interested in seeing is Elma. I'd like to see her model, as X's models weren't really the best...

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I would really love to see what an Isaac render would look like.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
He may be tall, but is he THICC?:

This is a totally original K. Rool joke that has never been made before. Ho ho, I'm so clever. :3
Oooooh, so you all shamed Ridley for being too big, but now that he's in, he's not big enough?

These unfair beauty standards for evil reptiles are getting out of hand. You people are impossible to please. No wonder Mr.Riddleson is so underweight.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079

Pal, I love the Metroid series and enjoy playing ZSS and Samus in Smash. I'm not obsessing over a physical attribute of her.
Like I miss TP Zelda and Ganondorf, but those designs aren't being used anymore, and that's that. Same way I love using fat Pikachu, and it's never going back to that.
If you like the character so much, you shouldn't be hung up over one single thing.
You should be happy that she's still there.
She still has the same breast size, it just she doesn't have boob socks like she did in Brawl and Smash 4. Like everyone else in this thread has been saying:
Drop it and get over it.
Hey guys, who's ready to talk about whether or not they should censor Pyra's design in Smash?
I mean the actual thing I'm curious about if they get into Smash, is if they're going to translate them over to the style of Xenoblade 1 and X or stay like their home incarnation.
I think it'd be a little odd to see a different art style between two characters within the same series, not like it can't happen though.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Okay can you please just tell us who you actually are, you’ve been very inconsistent with what you’ve posted and you’re very enigmatic as well so if you could shed some insight then that would be appreciated. :)

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
What in fresh hell?

This thing is still going?

God. That Agnes model is horrifying in full.

I'd like to think if Square and Sakurai were going to include a character who has such a gorgeous concept they wouldn't make her look like a potato who has acquired the sense of smell and unfortunately the first thing she's forced to smell is Wario's fart.
I tried but no leaks it is. :p

StormC

Smash Hero
I really want to see how Sakurai would design Banjo-Kazooie for Smash.

LaughingElfMan

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
0847-1841-0895
What's sad is that people legit spend their free time making these garbage "leaks". There's so much wrong with Agnes' model including the way her name is spelled i just cant honestly.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Let’s keep in mind that this is the sort of quality that will be seen on the CSS.

Look at the jacket, pants, metal, feathers.

9023A81D-5F83-4B15-A577-AAF55893725B.jpeg
[SPOILER/]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom