• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
You mean Phil Spencer. Nintendo and Microsoft have gotten along recently, but that was only for Minecraft, a game that was already multiplatform.
Because of the Nintendo Switch?
If your theory is true, could Banjo Kazooie be in Smash?

What about Starlink made by Microsoft?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Didn't Palutena do the whole "Oz Mode" thing while she was possessed by the Chaos Kin? I thought it was a given that that was a thing all the KI Gods could do (Medusa and Viridi just do it far, far more frequently than the others).
She did, but unfortunately that was her only time going all Ozzy on Pit and has an actual height compared to Medusa or Hades (both are physically seen being super tall (Pandora also has a normal height aswell, but Amazons are always perfect))
Imagine the rage it would've had if Jiggs was cut instead of kept

Then no one would be safe except the Original 8
Imagine nobody caring for Puff getting cut just because

Rikka

Smash Journeyman

Well there's no theory there. Nintendo and Microsoft have worked together recently. That's potentially a good sign if Sakurai wanted to add Banjo to Smash, but that's already a big if, and one business deal doesn't always predicate another going smoothly.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I don't think that there is a focus on adding more villains. So far, only 3 were added. Two of them were highly requested characters and the third is a clone. The focus is on adding highly requested characters that the community has wanted for a long time. And, there are many highly demanded characters who are not villains.
inb4 when skull kid gets revealed people will still deny the theme, lol.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
The only things keeping any 3rd party from being in Smash is Sakurai deciding if he'll make said character playable or not (or even as an assist) and if said 3rd party company gives the ok for it.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

Starlink is Ubisoft, not Microsoft.
Banjo-Kazooie has a chance, Microsoft is open to working with Nintendo, it depends on if a deal can be struck. Don't expect them, but don't lose hope. They have a 50/50 chance.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
No.

Most villains were highly requested, a newcomer theme definitely isn’t something Sakurai does or would even come close to thinking about.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Still not a theme, they were all popular requests..

Counting all announced newcomers, we have 5 heroes and 3 villains..all of which are popular requests..that is our theme if one exists at all.

Last edited:

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
What's the diferences between Link and Young Link?
Why won't make Young Link echo of normal Link?

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Even if there's a heroes vs villains theme, it could have been decided upon after the newcomer list had a lot of villains. Doesn't mean it was a theme from the very beginning and they chose the newcomers as villains BECAUSE of said theme.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Starlink is Ubisoft, not Microsoft.
Banjo-Kazooie has a chance, Microsoft is open to working with Nintendo, it depends on if a deal can be struck. Don't expect them, but don't lose hope. They have a 50/50 chance.
Considering the amount of love Banjo-Kazooie is getting for its 20th anniversary (Arby's, A Hat in Time, and a figure made by First 4 Figures) It would baffle me if Nintendo doesn't join the party of celebrating such character, considering the success it had and the huge fanbase. I wonder… if there is a best crossover game of all that could possibly be up to giving the bear and bird some great recognition? hmmm…

Noipoi

Howdy!
Heroes vs Villains was only a theme in K Rools trailer.
There is no Heroes vs Villains theme, Ridley and K Rool are villains who were highly requested.
The only theme in Ultimate is popular requests, and even then not that much. Was Richter that requested?

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
There wasn't much going on then either - Basically Super Mario Galaxy and it was donezo. Pokemon Let's Go! is probably gonna sell at least 10m just for existing.

I mean, I'm not saying it's a good idea, but I'm just pointing out that, like most ideas, we can't completely write it off the board.
Pokemon Let's Go combined has about half of the preorders that Smash Bros has. A delay seems impossible, Nintendo must bank on Smash Bros.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What's the diferences between Link and Young Link?
Why won't make them echo?
Young Link has Fire Arrows and regular bombs while also having a rapid jab and I assume a different dash attack and final smash
Considering the amount of love Banjo-Kazooie is getting for its 20th anniversary (Arby's, A Hat in Time, and a figure made by First 4 Figures) It would baffle me if Nintendo doesn't join the party of celebrating such character, considering the success it had and the huge fanbase. I wonder… if there is a best crossover game of all that could possibly be up to giving the bear and bird some great recognition? hmmm…
Please no Minecraft Steve would be infinitely more enjoyable

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Thanks for correct me.

Since that Starfox would be included in Starlink, could this mean Rayman in Smash Bros Ultimate as a playable fighter?
Considering that he had a trophy in Wii U, I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up doing that again without Rayman being playable or Assist Trophy

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Still not a theme, they were all popular requests..

Counting all announced newcomers, we have 5 heroes and 3 villains..all of which are popular requests..that is our theme if one exists at all.
By that logic, there will never be a theme. Sakurai could very well include highly requested characters that fill a pattern of a theme tho, but apparently people really want to deny that part, lol. Like… why can't it be both?

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Pokemon Let's Go combined has about half of the preorders that Smash Bros has. A delay seems impossible, Nintendo must bank on Smash Bros.
It comes to show how strong Smash really is.

Not to mention it’s a steal! 103+ Stages, and 67+ characters with tons of different modes for just 60 bucks. It’s has more stuff than all of Smash 4’s DLC combined and is cheaper.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
How many castlevania characters have in the franchise?
I predict Simon Belmont be a next Bowser Jr. because have more characters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There is no Heroes vs Villains theme, Ridley and K Rool are villains who were highly requested.
The only theme in Ultimate is popular requests, and even then not that much. Was Richter that requested?
It's too early to assume the game follows any particular theme, and by "too early", I mean "three months away from release".

In any case, Richter may have gotten some silent minority supporters, so who knows who will pop up next from that kind of support.

How many castlevania characters have in the franchise?
I predict Simon Belmont be a next Bowser Jr. because have more characters.
Way too many for skins, even without the ones that were arbitrarily made non-canon or "Gaidened" by Iga's time on the franchise.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
By that logic, there will never be a theme. Sakurai could very well include highly requested characters that fill a pattern of a theme tho, but apparently people really want to deny that part, lol. Like… why can't it be both?
There was never a newcomer theme to begin with, and only including characters based on a stupid trivial criteria is one of the worst things Sakurai could ever do as it can leave out characters that would fit well with the game.

This game is fan service through and through with possible exceptions if you want a theme, and even then a lot of the newcomers are widley different. Villains were popular, and is probably something the devs ended up realizing. Even then the biggest ballot characters left aren’t even villains (Issac, Geno, Banjo) in fact none of them are.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Why would Microsoft push Banjo aside for Steve? Banjo's got more history to throw in and I think he's more popular than Steve
Because Minecraft is one of the most successful video games of all time and Banjo is a dead ass franchise
It comes to show how strong Smash really is.

Not to mention it’s a steal! 103+ Stages, and 67+ characters with tons of different modes for just 60 bucks. It’s has more stuff than all of Smash 4’s DLC combined and is cheaper.
I've also seen lots of people dunk on other fighting games for not having close to this amount of ludicrous content on twitter for what it's worth

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
One stage I wanted to see was a Mario Clash one where it was 2 layers like Jungle Hijinx But there would have been much more interaction between planes. The mechanic died as quickly as it lived so never mind on that part.

On the other hand there are so many stages I'm not sure what would be unique or nessesary.

-Air Rally (Rhythm Heaven Fever): 2 planes next to each other playing badminton, sometimes after a delay, one will zoom off into the distance dropping anyone still on it, sometimes the birds from flock step appear and can be used as platforms too.

-Temporal Tower (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2): Peak of the tower, starts out fairly basic, but Primal Dialgia is a stage boss, before Dialgia appears, the stage warps into the future where everything is ruined. Time shenanigans optional.

-Pac Man 2. Like Pac Land, but this time there's weird 16 bit pac man walking about, players can smack things in the background to interact with 16 bit pac man and make him do dumb **** like in the original game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Banjo Kazooie vs Minecraft is entirely dependant on how much money that Nintendo and Microsoft think that fanboys/fangirls/fan-people(?) will bring in over people who buy anything with Steve's square mug on it.

Taking into account of course that Smash Bros, outside of a Brawl Special edition sleeve, has never had 3rd parties on the front cover.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Maybe you're not seeing the fact that, first, we get ridley, a villain, then that helps create an intro theme along other rivals to a trailer revealing yet another more rival, King K, to hint that we MIGHT be getting a reurring theme as time is passing. Sure, it's too early to say there is a pattern with just 2 villains, but if we keep getting more, people will eventually have to accept it. Also, so what if they are highly requested? they STILL make sense for such kind of theme, otherwise they wouldn't feel the need to announce villain after villain character. They could mix it up a bit if it wasn't really a recurring theme. IF we get another villain next, we can't be in denial about the theme. As for now, it's just AN IDEA that some of us we think MIGHT be happening. It might, it might not, but we can't be close minded about the possibility. That's why the theme is just part of speculation at the moment.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Heroes vs Villains theme?

This is still a thing to this day?

I don't think Sakurai would just add a character just for the sake of it being a villain.

Surely there's a bigger criteria for adding new playable characters

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Because Minecraft is one of the most successful video games of all time and Banjo is a dead *** franchise
CastleVania is a dead franchise, and they got two reps

Crash has just been revived and is being pushed as one of the most requested 3rd parties to make an appearance in Smash via base roster or DLC

Banjo is also a legendary character that many beloved and is heavily pushed to appear in Smash

You were saying?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Castlevania is also a dead franchise, but look where we are now...
-5 games, 2 of which are forgotten and one game loathed so much the franchise died
-A significantly larger lineup of games going to at least 2014 if you want to ignore the pachinko machines
WOW THESE ARE LITERALLY THE SAME HAHA ECKS DEE

Also, about the 'heroes vs villains' theme, I'll buy that if a majority of newcomers are villains, so far less than half of the revealed newcomers are villains

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Heroes vs Villains theme?

This is still a thing to this day?

I don't think Sakurai would just add a character just for the sake of it being a villain.

Surely there's a bigger criteria for adding new playable characters
Nobody said he is adding a character for the sake of a theme. All I'm saying is he is doing two things at the same time, adding highly requested bad guys/rivals to fill a possible recurring theme in the game. Maybe a theme that will play as in the story mode or whatever. It's a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom