• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Namco still only has 1 character despite developing the game.
Time for Yuri, Lloyd, Velvet, Heihachi, Jin, Kazuya, Solaire, Artorias, Ms Pac-Man, Spooky, Alisa, Ciel, Lindow, Nightmare, Siegfried, Taki, Yoshimitsu and KOS-MOS.

You know what they all have in common?
Actually being video game characters and actually being owned by Namco.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Can we please drop the Goku topic?
Time for Yuri, Lloyd, Velvet, Heihachi, Jin, Kazuya, Solaire, Artorias, Ms Pac-Man, Spooky, Alisa, Ciel, Lindow, Nightmare, Siegfried, Taki, Yoshimitsu and KOS-MOS.

You know what they all have in common?
Actually being video game characters and actually being owned by Namco.

You forgot Agumon in that long, long list.

But it's a good list anyway so I forgive you.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Coming in the middel of another topic but what music from third parties do you wanna see (hear?) in game?

Sakura's theme from Street Fighter Alpha is one of mine

Enchess

Smash Lord
Wow I'm glad I missed this conversation. At least I finally can feel pretty confident some people I thought were just trolling constantly are.

Smash is a video game crossover. Sakurai has said this. Period. Like, we're done. I noticed someone advocating Goku admitted Mickey Mouse is also present in a lot of games (and honestly people those ones are more important than Goku's btw), but then they arbitrarily introduced a soft rule that Goku can get in while Mickey can't because Goku is Japanese, all while complaining that the rule Sakurai actually has directly stated is a thing isnt a thing.

I honestly don't understand how anyone can simultaneously think Goku deserves a slot without also thinking Mickey Mouse and SpongeBob deserve a spot. And I'm a huge Dragon Ball fan.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Sakurai has gone back on what he's said numerous times. It's almost as if he says he won't do something so that it's a surprise when he does.

Nintendo has a famicom classic was Goku's face on the box.

Goku probably won the ballot.

Bamco still only has one rep even though they're developing the game.

Dragon Ball/ Goku/ anime have contributed greatly to Nintendo and gaming much more so then pure video game characters.

He's got a shot.

And by the sounds of it... Its gonna be a jagged pill to swallow for a lot of people...If it does happen.

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Ho-Oh's appearance in Pokémon Episode 1 made fans, when they found out there were originally going to be 190 Pokémon in Red and Green, believe Ho-Oh was one of the original 190, but Satoshi Tajiri confirmed that it wasn't. We now know Ho-Oh was always a part of Gold and Silver's story.

A mystery...
Ho-Oh was just a hint that there was more Pokemon than the original batch everyone got in Gen 1, since by the time the anime came out they were already planning on finalizing more Pokemon. Gold and Silver, then known as 'Pokemon 2', was already in development.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Look man I'm all for fun and games and talking about Goku and how wacky he would be but the moment someone thinks he actually has a shot is where you gotta pull that emergency brake.

Sakurai has gone back on what he's said numerous times. It's almost as if he says he won't do something so that it's a surprise when he does.

Dragon Ball/ Goku/ anime have contributed greatly to Nintendo and gaming much more so then pure video game characters.

He's got a shot.

And by the sounds of it... Its gonna be a jagged pill to swallow for a lot of people...If it does happen.
Yeah because that shot is so miniscule you could barely ****ing see it. I bet you five bucks Foreman Spike has a bigger chance than him. Nobody's gonna give two ****s if Goku's in if they were opposing him before. It's like Ridley. People got him, now there's just silence.

Last edited:

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
Can we have Sakura from Card Captor Sakura in before Goku? While Goku would probably just be another obnoxious overtuned S tier like Bayo Sakura could probably have a much more interesting moveset that plays into the summoner type more.

EDIT: Also unless i'm dumb as balls Dragon Ball is owned by Toei, not Namco.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

He's got a shot.

He said that in 2015, what he said would most definitely apply to this game.

Nintendo and Sakurai are not the same entity.

You don't know that just like the rest of us.

He's not owned by namco, they have no gain in asking sakurai to add him.

He really hasn't, compared to fighting game franchises like street fighter, tekken, mortal kombat etc his games don't really have an impact.

No he doesn't. Repeating the same points isn't gonna change anybody's mind.

Last edited:

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
Goku in Smash shouldn't happen for a number of reasons, #1 being the insane storm of nonsense that would occur once he was revealed. Imagine Goku being revealed for this game and now...anyone can be here. You will begin to see support for Spider-Man, Shrek, Cory in the House, the most ridiculous choices ever because 1 character destroyed the boundaries in his reveal. This game is about video game characters period, not cartoons, not anime, not movies, not Disney Channel failed sitcoms. Video game characters.

Enchess

Smash Lord

He's got a shot.

If it does happen, then Smash no longer has a theme. That's why people are opposed. Go onto the Mortal Kombat forums, ask a ton for a My Little Pony character, then act like everyone is being close minded and dumb for not wanting to include a character that directly opposes the theme of the game. Maybe when you are doing the same thing but not personally invested, you'll understand why people are reacting this way.

KMDP

Smash Legend
He’s the Vegeta of the Sonic series
It's true. The parallels are uncanny.

Sonic is Goku, obviously (Main Character)
Tails is a combination of Krillin and Bulma (best friend and smartest ally).
Knuckles is Piccolo (loner who has a deep connection to the 7 Macguffins, started as an antagonist but quickly switched sides).
Shadow is Vegeta (main characters' equal who also started as an antagonist, and even after switching sides spends a long time as an uneasy rival)
Silver is Trunks (warrior from the future whose time travel shenanigans cause just as many problems as they solve)
Ho-Oh was just a hint that there was more Pokemon than the original batch everyone got in Gen 1, since by the time the anime came out they were already planning on finalizing more Pokemon. Gold and Silver, then known as 'Pokemon 2', was already in development.
I choose to believe they had something in mind with Ho-Oh, just because, like Mewtwo, it was initially the only Legendary (not including the lesser Legendaries, naturally) in Pokémon 2's half of the Pokédex, and they chose that one to hint at there being more Pokémon.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Actually, I think Lugia might have been created quite late in Gold and Silver's development (relatively late, at least)

It doesn't appear at all in the Space World Demos, for instance (not even in the Silver Version).

... Wait, the anime started in 1997, the year the Space World GS Demo was revealed... The end of the first episode makes sense considering the Space World Demo. I wonder what they had planned for Ho-Oh, originally?

Ho-Oh's appearance in Pokémon Episode 1 made fans, when they found out there were originally going to be 190 Pokémon in Red and Green, believe Ho-Oh was one of the original 190, but Satoshi Tajiri confirmed that it wasn't. We now know Ho-Oh was always a part of Gold and Silver's story.

A mystery...
Yeah, it was likely designed late into development, but this was mostly about the baseless claim of Lugia and Lucario being designed for the anime.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Can we have Sakura from Card Captor Sakura in before Goku? While Goku would probably just be another obnoxious overtuned S tier like Bayo Sakura could probably have a much more interesting moveset that plays into the summoner type more.

EDIT: Also unless i'm dumb as balls Dragon Ball is owned by Toei, not Namco.
I'd rather have her over Goku, and I barely know anything about her

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Y'know what **** hating on Goku, let's say anime/manga does have a shot. What character (excluding Dragon Ball) would you wanna see if there was some big anime race to the finish? You know it's gotta be my boi

Untouch

Smash Master
Y'know what **** hating on Goku, let's say anime/manga does have a shot. What character (excluding Dragon Ball) would you wanna see if there was some big anime race to the finish? You know it's gotta be my boi

Either Luffy or Naruto I'd say would have the second highest chance.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
D

Deleted member

Homura Akemi. Norm of the North Star Kenshiro would be sweet though.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Sgtfrog.jpg

SGT KERORO
TAKES OVER!

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
The answer is so ****ing obvious it hurts: ask Shonen Jump to make Smash style manga games if you want Goku playable in this style game. With enough fan demand it'll happen. Don't demand every other game break it's own theme and design just to cater to you.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The answer is so ****ing obvious it hurts: ask Shonen Jump to make Smash style manga games if you want Goku playable in this style game. With enough fan demand it'll happen. Don't demand every other game break it's own theme and design just to cater to you.
Why do you want people to ask for something that already exists?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

That's actually really hard for me, because most "anime" characters that I want originated in videogames. I guess I'd say Ochako Uraraka from My Hero Aademia
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
We have Smash Flash 2.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I'm gonna ask Sakurai to add Goku on twitter right now.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Coming in the middel of another topic but what music from third parties do you wanna see (hear?) in game?

Sakura's theme from Street Fighter Alpha is one of mine

This and Divine Decree were, in my opinion, the two biggest missing songs on Smash 4's soundtrack. It's time to rectify that. :p

Enchess

Smash Lord

I'm not gonna answer for Smash, but if it were a different Smash-style manga crossover, Kid Goku 100% (like I said, I'm a big Dragon Ball fan).

If I'm allowed to choose visual novels with anime adaptions (with how much VN/Manga/anime cross-section not happens it seems fair) either Monogatari's Rainy Devil or Baccano!'s Ladd Russo.
Why do you want people to ask for something that already exists?
Well, clearly they aren't satisfied with what already exists and want a new one.
I'm gonna ask Sakurai to add Goku on twitter right now.
Troll move. Not doing yourself any favors here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom