• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
At this point, i want a lot of characters but I'm going to narrow my wants down to six.

Elma
Isabelle
Isaac
Skull Kid
Spring Man
Dillon

I really want these six more than most Nintendo newcomers.

How likely do you think those six are, for both base roster and DLC?
Honestly, I don't have much I want.

Waluigi (I still have hope)
Skull Kid
Captain Toad
Isabelle
Inceneroar
Geno (Never Played Mario RPG, but Geno looks like a Cool Character.
Labo Man

Noipoi

Howdy!
I never got the hype for Buzzwole, can somebody fill me in on all the hype for him?
He's a giant alien Mosquito who comunicates by flexing and sucks the life out of his opponents, that's amazing! He's a Jojo bug!
Just look at this concept art!
SWOLE.jpg

Also, he's one of the few Pokemon not made by a Japanese person. He was created by James Turner, a Brit who also made my favorite Pokemon Poipole!
AAAA POIPOLE.jpg

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He's a giant alien Mosquito who comunitaces by flexing and sucks the life out of his opponents, that's amazing! He's a Jojo bug!
View attachment 156947
Also, he's one of the few Pokemon not made by a Japanese person. He was created by James Turner, a Brit who also made my favorite Pokemon Poipole!
View attachment 156948
We get K. Rool, Dark Samus, and Buzzwole? The West is invading with their creations.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Mewtwo
Villain

(Snip)
*ahem*

you may wanna censor the swear word with a black box in paint or something pls I don’t want anyone to get in trouble

aaaaanyway I just had a mid-chores thought

What if Sakurai is revealing the big fan favorites first (Ridley, K. Rool, Chrom) just so he can move on to his own hand picked newcomers and Echoes, throwing in some not-as-popular fan faves too? Just a thought

We COULD therefore still get BD, Elma, Chorus Kids and a Gen 7 along with runner up fan faves like Isaac and/or Geno

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
We're all forgetting the glorious boss fight that is the obese man for Wii Fit Trainer.

Duck Hunt's boss would be someone like the Sheriff.

R.O.B.'s would be Chibi-Robo in an epic twist of the toy vs the plug that powers it.

Olimar could give us some great bosses if they go beyond a bulborb too.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
He's a giant alien Mosquito who comunicates by flexing and sucks the life out of his opponents, that's amazing! He's a Jojo bug!
View attachment 156947
View attachment 156948
Jojo Bug is cool and all, but i mean like, What makes him special, Is it just his design?

D

Deleted member

View attachment 156947
View attachment 156948
Buzzwole was already my pick for a Gen VII Pokemon, but knowing that it's designed by a westerner makes me want him even more. I'm going to be sad if it doesn't get in now.

Noipoi

Howdy!
At this point, i want a lot of characters but I'm going to narrow my wants down to seven.

Elma
Isabelle
Isaac
Skull Kid
Spring Man
Dillon
Bandana Waddle Dee

How likely do you think those seven are, for both base roster and DLC?

Edit: added a seventh.
All I want now is a Gen 7 Pokemon.
Alola is one of my favorite regions with so many unique Pokemon and places for stages, i'd love to see it all represented in a fighter.
My preference would be Incineroar, but Decidueye, Buzzwole, Lycanroc or Zeraora are fine by me.
I also want Geno, but just so the big three (Ridley, K Rool, Geno) can be complete.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm still trying to catch up with you guys. I still got 30 pages left.

Still ... No one made a supporter page for Black Shadow yet? @GoldenYuiitusin ?
There is a thread for Black Sha-
I was going to, but then I found out it actually does exist if you do some digging.

https://smashboards.com/threads/the-menacing-bull-black-shadow-charges-in.453978/
What he said.
Sonics 1-3 + CD hold up way better than the Adventure games and are just better games in general imo. 1 and CD don't have perfect level design but those are still minor compared to the massive list of faults with the Adventure games.
One thing about Sonic Adventure, pointed out by ShayMay on Youtube.

You should never, ever try to roll during loops and auto-run sections, because the game will glitch out. The automated sections are borked in SA1, even with a thing that it should be expected to pull off.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So the saying is third's time is a charm… I'm thinking that whoever gets revealed next might really decide how we see Sakurai's process of choosing the newcomers. If it's a highly requested character, he is choosing them to please us the most. If not, he is choosing characters to surprises us the most. So far, It's been twice already that his reveals were pleasing a lot of the top requested characters… We haven't really gotten a reveal for Ultimate that is weird and unexpected like Wii Fit Trainer or R.O.B. . Anyone else noticed this?

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
At this point, i want a lot of characters but I'm going to narrow my wants down to six.

Elma
Isabelle
Isaac
Skull Kid
Spring Man
Dillon

How likely do you think those six are, for both base roster and DLC?
For the base roster, I don't know about Isabelle, Isaac or Skull Kid's chance but I absolutely do not think Elma, Spring Man or Dillon has any chance. Since there is so much emphasis on popularity for the newcomers, especially with the unique ones, I don't see those three happening. Whilst they would be interesting fighters in my opinion, I cannot see them following up big-time hype characters like Inklings, Ridley, Simon and K. Rool with someone like Elma or Dillon. I mean, even the bonus characters like Daisy, Chrom and Dark Samus are in because of popularity. Isabelle and Skull Kid, on the other hand, seem like much more fitting follow-up to our newcomers so far, with the former being the modern face of Animal Crossing due to how popular she became and the latter is easily one of the most popular and well-known LoZ characters.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I only don't really want incineroar because we have 3 mainly melee focused heavyweight grapplers with fire attacks already. Buzzwole has way more potential to be interesting, but incineroar is the pokemon that TPC is pushing right now so it's inevitable.

D

Deleted member

I have literally 6 wants that haven't been sent to the AT Shadow realm.
  1. Decidueye
  2. Bandana Dee
  3. Isaac
  4. Rayman
  5. Crash
  6. Tails
Not feeling too confident in any of them unfortunately, but least I got Ridley and K. Rool.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I only don't really want incineroar because we have 3 mainly melee focused heavyweight grapplers with fire attacks already. Buzzwole has way more potential to be interesting, but incineroar is the pokemon that TPC is pushing right now so it's inevitable.
Bowser's one heavyweight fire grappler, I assume, who's the other? Ridley?

They have grappling moves, sure, but their moveset isn't solely devoted to grappling, while Incinenoar would be.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Jojo Bug is cool and all, but i mean like, What makes him special, Is it just his design?
Well, Buzzwole's whole gimmick is bulking up by sucking the blood of his prey to grow stronger, or 'swole' as him name implies. He could have a move where he sucks blood out of characters causing his strength and knockback to increase, but in return his speed lowers from being so swollen. Just an idea.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If we are sharing our most wanted again, I will as well, as I haven't yet since I just recently joined.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well, Buzzwole's whole gimmick is bulking up by sucking the blood of his prey to grow stronger, or 'swole' as him name implies. He could have a move where he sucks blood out of characters causing his strength and knockback to increase, but in return his speed lowers from being so swollen. Just an idea.
Its nice and all, He's a cool Pokemon, I just don't get the hype. He's definitely one of my favorite Ultra Beasts though.

Untouch

Smash Master
Bowser's one heavyweight fire grappler, I assume, who's the other? Ridley?

They have grappling moves, sure, but their moveset isn't solely devoted to grappling, while Incinenoar would be.
Ridley is pretty heavily grappling focused, charizard kind of.

MainJPW

M.T.A
One thing about Sonic Adventure, pointed out by ShayMay on Youtube.

You should never, ever try to roll during loops, because the game will glitch out. The automated sections are borked in SA1, even with a thing that it should be expected to pull of.
Which is unfortunate because Practice 1 (the Act 1 test stage found in the AD Prototype) has loops that you can actually roll through and they work just fine. You actually need *gasp* momentum to get through them!

The 2nd one has tests for all kinds of momentum based level design and literally, almost none of it ended up in the final game except for some wall runs. They probably couldn't get this freaking physics engine to work properly which is probably a large part for why Windy Valley was redesigned.

Put Windy Valley in Smash, Tornado gimmick would be fire.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Its nice and all, He's a cool Pokemon, I just don't get the hype. He's definitely one of my favorite Ultra Beasts though.
Did you see the Snorlax scene? That was pretty dang dark.

That's mainly what caught my eye. Drained that Snorlax dry.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Question! How would you all feel if Arthur from Ghost & Goblins joined Smash?
I'd be surprised. I know the game was on the (S)NES, but from what I recall it was originally an arcade game, making it a Street Fighter scenario.

I'd groan because I despise Ghosts & Goblins.
yeah they're pretty spooky aren't they?

he's just a giant ****ing bug with muscles, i think he'd be hilarious

Untouch

Smash Master
Watch there be a curveball and have the pokemon rep be sceptile since ORAS was released around 2015.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Something to keep in mind is that Pokemon might not be held to the "popular ballot pick" like these other picks thus far have been. Sakurai is in close communication with TPC/GF with it, and while he gets the pick (or so it seems) from the concept art, I don't think TPC is going to be like, "Sceptile got the most votes on the Ballot? Yeah, use it!"

I have nothing to back this up, but to me it makes logical sense that a character like Incineroar would be the exception for our newcomers this time.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well... I don't know if hype in general is hard to understand. People like the character, so they'd be excited if it got in.
Are you just trying to say you wouldn't be? Because that's fine too, but I don't think that's necessarily the same thing as not getting the hype
"I don't get the hype" always seems to me to mean something like "this character is lame why do people want them" haha. Or at least, that's how I frequently see it used.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I have very cynical views.
That's the most relatable thing I've heard.

I'd be surprised. I know the game was on the (S)NES, but from what I recall it was originally an arcade game, making it a Street Fighter scenario.

yeah they're pretty spooky aren't they?

he's just a giant ****ing bug with muscles, i think he'd be hilarious
Too be honest it is pretty funny.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You seem to despise a lot of things...
I honestly thought the guy vanished off the face of the Earth and I assumed he came back only because Mimkyu was deconfirmed. :p no offense

KMDP

Smash Legend
Which is unfortunate because Practice 1 (the Act 1 test stage found in the AD Prototype) has loops that you can actually role through and they work just fine. You actually need *gasp* momentum to get through them!

The 2nd one has tests for all kinds of momentum based level design and literally, almost none of it ended up in the final game except for some wall runs. They probably couldn't get this freaking physics engine to work properly which is probably a large part for why Windy Valley was redesigned.

Put Windy Valley in Smash, Tornado gimmick would be fire.
Sonic Adventure could have been so much more.

And now there are fans making engines which can pull off 3D Momentum-based Sonic, hopefully SEGA's watching them (for hiring purposes). :laugh:

D

Deleted member

I honestly thought the guy vanished off the face of the Earth and I assumed he came back only because Mimkyu was deconfirmed. :pno offense
Well you're not completely wrong about that last part.
I came back because of all the Smash news from the direct, and Mimikyu's disconfirmation was admittedly one of my favorite parts of that direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom