• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm expecting at least one new character reveal from the Direct among a boatload of other information. I have no idea who the character might be, though.

Maybe one of my most wanted like K. Rool or Tetra.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Honestly, I don't like Ashley very much. I'm not saying she should not be in the game, but I can't find anything interesting in her. If anyone can convince me to care about her more, I would respect that.

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
If they were to announce multiple characters in one trailer, I could see Ashley + a RH rep happening. Ashley seems likely regardless though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, I'm going into leak hibernation mode. I'll see you all wednesday, unless the boards have caught fire.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Honestly, I don't like Ashley very much. I'm not saying she should not be in the game, but I can't find anything interesting in her. If anyone can convince me to care about her more, I would respect that.
I think it's just the characters personality that people like. Then again. Everyone likes a sassy character i guess?
I dunno. I was always an Orbulon guy myself.
405px-Orbulon_Pose_Gold.png

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm pretty confident we're getting just one newcomer, at most an echo on top of that, and having dropped one of their big hype bombs not too long ago in Ridley I feel like it's also going to be someone that's largely considered a safe bet, like Isabelle.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Reason 1: She's bad ass. She takes down demons on the daily, she could rule the world and still finish all her homework, she turned her teacher into a spoon.

Reason 2: She's relatable. We've all felt lonely at one point, so has she. She wants friends but doesn't know how to make them, a sentiment I empathize with.

Reason 3: She's cute. I don't know what that crown thing is but I want one.

Those are my reasons, at least.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
My notifications were going crazy and I was like what is going on...

...and there's a Smash Direct incoming??

The hype is real. I'm sooo excited to get new news.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm going into leak hibernation mode. I'll see you all wednesday, unless the boards have caught fire.
Yeah, this. With potentially credible leaks going around, I'm gonna take a break from this thread until after the Direct. Looking forward to discussing whatever gets revealed afterwards!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So Smash Direct on the 8th of August?
Layton's Mystery Journey comes out on Switch in Japan on the 9th.

Coincidence?
Yeah most probably....

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I think it's just the characters personality that people like. Then again. Everyone likes a sassy character i guess?
I dunno. I was always an Orbulon guy myself. View attachment 155785
I never had the chance to play WarioWare and see anything related to Ashley, so she ends up being just a random character in some way to me. Honestly, I didn't know who she was before Smash, but I can still accept her. I will, however, be mostly unfamiliar with her, although I can still change that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Guess we're getting something after all. Not exactly what we were hoping for, but still awesome.

Glad I had just a bit of hope.

Gonna go back to watching Tekken top 8.

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Can’t wait to see the possible newcomers, ATs, stages, menu, modes, and characters being disconfirmed

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Personal taste really. Personally, I think a witch moveset with hexes and debuffs is pretty interesting, and then having Red helping her as an assist to her moves like grabs and smashes, for example, is what draws people in.

I also like her in WarioWare; her interactions with Red are hysterical.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Reason 1: She's bad ***. She takes down demons on the daily, she could rule the world and still finish all her homework, she turned her teacher into a spoon.

Reason 2: She's relatable. We've all felt lonely at one point, so has she. She wants friends but doesn't know how to make them, a sentiment I empathize with.

Reasons I like Orbulon

Reason 1: Hammies

Reason 2: Hammies

Reason 3: Hammies

Just thought I'd share.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
What a beautiful thing to wake up to. I literally thought I was dreaming.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
GUYS I JUST REALIZED
It's the 8th of the 8th month during 2018

OCTOLINGS CONFIRMED
maybe not

Polan

Smash Lord
literally me when i checked my notifications after waking up

anyway i predict one newcomer, maybe an echo fighter, a bunch of new and returning stages being shown off, more new items and pokeballs and The Great Assist Trophy Massacre: Part Deux where a bunch of fan favorites get revealed as ATs. oh and a sneak peek at new modes.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Reason 1: She's bad ***. She takes down demons on the daily, she could rule the world and still finish all her homework, she turned her teacher into a spoon.

Is there anything impressive that she has done that you could show me, in perhaps a video? I'm starting to care a bit more, but I don't completely get what she could bring to the table in Smash.

Shroob

Sup?
Is there anything impressive that she has done that you could show me, in perhaps a video? I'm starting to care a bit more, but I don't completely get what she could bring to the table in Smash.
Besides Robin and Zelda, Smash doesn't really have a lot of characters that just use 'magic' to attack with.

You have guys like Mewtwo/Lucario who use PSI/Aura, but neither are really 'magic'.

I think what Ashley fans like most about her is that she'd fight like what you'd expect a witch to fight like.

Brooms, dark magic, hexes and curses, demons, etc.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I heard the news direct I saw coming and the drought is over

Ashley is the most logical reveal since wario ware gold came out last week

And loz18 mentioned earlier about the menu, offline tournament mode, two new modes excluding all-star, one of those modes is the key to most character unlocks (or one of the methods besides the challenge and vs matches ways)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Prediction: One unique newcomer and one echo fighter. MAYBE a second unique newcomer, but only if one of the newcomers is a third party character, since those tend to be special.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
YAY!! NEW NINTENDO DIRECT ABOUT SMASH BROS ULTIMATE!!

Would they reveal things like two newcomers and a new Subspace Emissary-like mode?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well. She took down a demon one time. Thats a thing she did.

Anyway, I think she has some pretty nice Moveset Potential

She can have an Umbrella of sorts if she holds up in air(Bassically Peaches Parasol Fall) From a cutscene (Game And Wario)
Giant Piranha Plant as a Final Smash (From Smooth Moves)
Lighting Attacks (Smooth Moves)
And having Red transform into different weird and wacky objects she can attack with. (Red can transform into things)

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Man, gonna have to wake up pretty early for this one. I wonder how long it's going to be.

I'd guess somewhere between 20-40 minutes, most likely.
It's the 8th of the 8th month during 2018
It truly is beautiful, isn't it?

Last edited:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Yay! Smash Direct! This coming week is gonna be a fun filled week for me!

I wonder how long it will be. Probably 15-20 minutes at minimum.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
@perfectchaos83

Re: Soul Calibur, do you know if Verg ever changed his stance on Seong Mi-na from "probably not in?" Since she was just announced as playable.
Song Mi-na is playable in Soul Calibur?! That's great, she one my favorite characters in the game.

I'm hoping the Direct mention something about Smash Run coming back.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Gotta say I'm really feeling the idea of a newcomer at the beginning and end of the direct. I feel like two unique newcomers and an echo fighter, while very ambitious, is something I think we could expect. But honestly, I'm more interested in what else this game has to offer. What new stages, assists and game modes will we be facing?

Personally, I'm hoping for Smash Run to return and potentially get a Melee style adventure mode.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well. I got a YT Channel a few days ago and have had no ideas what to do with it. and Smash Bros. Direct comes. Smash Direct reaction, Maybe? You work wonders Sakurai.

Speaking of Youtube, you do that, don't you Billybae10K Billybae10K any tips?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I hope the Pokemon newcomer is revealed, because I want the matter settled once and for all.
Truthfully I don't think we'll get the Pokémon announcement until November. Marketing synergy for Let's Go seems like something GameFreak would want them to do. November is basically Pokémon Month.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So unmmm

If Verg is right, I can see them revealing Isabelle during this direct, but not Simon. They’ll save him for another direct shortly before Ultimate releases, probably in October, as a way of busting out the Big Hype Guns(TM) before release.

(Smashboards pls let me post this ;-; )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom