• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSt0rm009

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExtremeDeath
3DS FC
0946-2239-4297
Switch FC
SW-6724-2496-0212
You think a new character might be revealed at EVO today? I was thinking about Incineroar might be revealed because a wrestler fighter might be interesting.
I mean, I'd find the idea of Spring Man being revealed at EVO to be pretty funny, mostly because I honestly believed that would be the only chance ARMS would have in terms of getting any love at EVO

?????????????

Smash Master
From my understanding, "announcements" of any type at EVO would take place after all the actual events are done, so IF there were anything... it would be tonight.

...Even if there's nothing Smash related, I'll probably wind up happy because I like a lot of fighting games; favorite genre. The Geese Howard for Tekken 7 reveal was incredible.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You think a new character might be revealed at EVO today? I was thinking about Incineroar might be revealed because a wrestler fighter might be interesting.
No.
Is it possible? Sure.
But unlikely. If it happens, it'll be after Melee finals.

But I'm gonna be looking forward to the reveals for other games that will happen.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Kind of off topic, but considering people seem to think a Smash reveal is unlikely for EVO, what do people think those "world premieres" are that were mentioned? Soul Calibur 6 character reveal? Uncanny Edition? Something Tekken related?

D

Deleted member

Kind of off topic, but considering people seem to think a Smash reveal is unlikely for EVO, what do people think those "world premieres" are that were mentioned? Soul Calibur 6 character reveal? Uncanny Edition? Something Tekken related?
All of the above except for Marvel seem possible. G will also be officially revealed for Street Fighter V most likely.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
No, echoes aren't clones.

Although we need more information regarding Daisy to be conclusive, Clones were used to save time mainly in one front, while echoes are used to save time in 2 fronts.

I think that the best example for this is Marth and Roy in melee, vs Mart and Lucina in smash 4.
Yes, both reuse Marth structure, and animations, and both have a slightly modified mechanic of marth, but in melee, Marth and Roy had different stats, different porperties for they attacks, and stuff, meaning that while manufacturing the character was quicker since they reused assets, balancing teh character was literally balancing 2 completely different characters, just, look at mart's and roy's tier placements in melee and you can see that they are worlds apart.
On the other hand, while Lucina can do stuff different than marth... or at least more different than Pit/DarkPit, in the end, they are the same character, balance wise. to the point that when people started actually figuring lucina strengts, she ended almost next to marth. This means that not only manufacturing the character was made easier, but teh most important, balancing the character was easier.

And probably thats why we are getting in echoes now, for that exact same reason. Play almost the same, with maybe one or 2 very minor differences, and while almost the same stats and attacks properties, mayeb different animations. so they don't need to worry regarding balancing that +3 characters, meaning that they really are almost freebies. Visual differences, but gameplay wise, almost the same.

Lugified clones are like the melee clones (similar visuals, different gameplay) with parts of their kits altered so they differ more from their clone couterparts, and semi clones are completely original characters (at least regarding manufacture) with similar design principles that other character. (Wolf) As far as i know at least.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
This grand finals are literally a meme.

This is officially worse than Brawl and I’m not sure how to feel
Players literally worked together back in the brawl days to throw games to other players to split money and work on bracket manipulation to take out other players.

Brawl has worse in that regard.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ultimate Jump Superstars vs Street Fighter be revealed to the world for the first time.

Just kidding. I honestly am expecting some kind of SC6 thing. I wouldn't be shocked with something Tekken related.
Maybe Dragon Ball FighterZ related stuff might come up.
"Incoming character season 2!" -> 14 more gokus

D

Deleted member

Maybe Dragon Ball FighterZ related stuff might come up.
"Incoming character season 2!" -> 14 more gokus
I could see them teasing season 2 even if the base Saiyans are dropping later this month and Cooler/17 still have yet to be officially announced.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
From my understanding, "announcements" of any type at EVO would take place after all the actual events are done, so IF there were anything... it would be tonight.

...Even if there's nothing Smash related, I'll probably wind up happy because I like a lot of fighting games; favorite genre. The Geese Howard for Tekken 7 reveal was incredible.
Announcements take place after the game's grand finals. We'll likely get Guilty Gear, Persona 5 Areana or Senran Kagura reveals in a couple hours after Guilty Gear's Grand Finals. G will be revealed after SFV. Smash Bros is very unlikely to get anything. There's no evidence that anyone of importance is there to facilitate the reveal.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Now, why did I make Q*bert?

Ya'know when you've lost yourself is in something and you want to be the very best?

That's how I feel, so I made that thing...

and well, I guess that Springman leak was fake, I'm SO shocked, lol.

Also, I'm giving everyone who requested anime characters the stink eye.

They are both so hard and so easy to make. How is that even possible?

I've never even heard of Endless Ocean, the Wii was jam-packed with stuff, wow.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well... hmm....

New Character Reveal for SCVI, yes.

They still haven't released Goku (Base) and Vegeta (Scouter) for DB:FighterZ, though the trailers say "Early August" so... at EVO maybe?

I'd like to believe Nintendo will break convention and announce a character tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.

Now... shortly after, like Robin & Lucina's trailer? Sure.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I could see them teasing season 2 even if the base Saiyans are dropping later this month and Cooler/17 still have yet to be officially announced.
Those finals dont start untill 4:00pm pdt / 7pm edt, so I'm excited but probably can't catch the end depending on how long it takes,

Persona 5 Areana
10/10 best reveal

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I'm hoping they'll revive MVC:I...

with Mickey Mouse as a guest character

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Imagine a Tekken reveal trailer for a new feature and then at the very end of it it glitches out and the Smash logo appears

I don't think it's impossible for a smash announcement to be attached to another game's announcement. It would be a good idea for hype reasons, and also the producer of said game will be the person to facilitate it, which feels appropriate for a third party reveal.

No, it probably won't happen, but it'd be ****ing cool if it did haha

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Imagine a Tekken reveal trailer for a new feature and then at the very end of it it glitches out and the Smash logo appears

I don't think it's impossible for a smash announcement to be attached to another game's announcement. It would be a good idea for hype reasons, and also the producer of said game will be the person to facilitate it, which feels appropriate for a third party reveal.
The real kicker is Kazuma Kiryu being confirmed for both games at once

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

No, it probably won't happen, but it'd be ****ing cool if it did haha
Yooo

Don't get my hopes up maaaan

Now I expect Harada and Sakurai shaking hands on the stage together during the finals.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
  1. G's reveal is already guaranteed considering that he was heavily teased during the EVO event for Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition.
  2. Maybe something a second season pass for Tekken 7.
  3. A new character reveal for SoulCalibur VI.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Bayonetta ruined smash 4 change my mind.
In all seriousness she's really obnoxious to play against even neefed I'm not looking forward to vs her again in ultimate just a really broken kit.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Alternatively, imagine if after the Melee finals they flash "Nintendo Direct, August 9, 2018" on the screen instead of a formal announcement.

Disclaimer: no, I don't expect anything, but I still just think it'll be really cool if an announcement ended up attached to another game's announcement, or a direct was revealed.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Bayonetta didn't ruin smash 4.

The dropped patch support for the game ruined smash 4.
Idk I kinda like my replays not being corrupted after every patch.

There's not really much you can do to beef bayonetta because of her kit, it's just extremely good on paper and in practice

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
I'm tellin this thread, Kazuya/Flynn from SMT is the darkhorse character no one is expecting, but makes too much sense.
I half-expect an Atlus rep at some point but I think any human from SMT's main series is a stretch

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Alternatively, imagine if after the Melee finals they flash "Nintendo Direct, August 9, 2018" on the screen instead of a formal announcement.

Disclaimer: no, I don't expect anything, but I still just think it'll be really cool if an announcement ended up attached to another game's announcement, or a direct was revealed.
Okay but why the Melee finals when you had both 4 and Ultimate itself already shown?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Okay but why the Melee finals when you had both 4 and Ultimate itself already shown?
Because Melee is the more "important" Smash game to the Competitive Community?

Not that I think the announcement is likely anyway, just playing Devil's Advocate.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Because it's the last Smash event? :U
They could have said something at the others, but they obviously didn't, Arigarmy. Lol.

It's not some kind of incredible leap in logic to think "after the Smash event(s, collectively)" as opposed to "after that Smash event (singular)"

It's not happening, sure, but that's kind of a weak point lol

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Because Melee is the more "important" Smash game to the Competitive Community?

Not that I think the announcement is likely anyway, just playing Devil's Advocate.
But you already have Ultimate there. That's like instead of revealing news for SFV on SFV you did it on USFIV.

D

Deleted member

I know these games don't aim to the same audience, but I fear :ultbayonetta:'s unpopularity in Smash will create a bad influence for Bayonetta 3 and the IP's future as a whole.

Freduardo

Smash Champion

Now, why did I make Q*bert?

Ya'know when you've lost yourself is in something and you want to be the very best?

That's how I feel, so I made that thing...

and well, I guess that Springman leak was fake, I'm SO shocked, lol.

Also, I'm giving everyone who requested anime characters the stink eye.

They are both so hard and so easy to make. How is that even possible?

I've never even heard of Endless Ocean, the Wii was jam-packed with stuff, wow.
Qbert move set time:

Gimmick: he doesn’t walk or run. All movement must be done while jumping. He has a very high floaty jump with severe maneuverability control as he lands as well as multi jump. While being a heavyweight.

A moves: Usually a lot of slapping with his trunk. But he kicks in the air plenty as well.

B Neutral : Curse
A speech bubble of indecipherable profanity appears in front of him and does damage.

B Up: Rainbow disc: rainbow disc takes q Bert straight upwards.

Side B: Coily: q Bert shoots a coil snake straight out of his trunk that rolls into a coil and hops forward three times

B Down: Wrong Way: to increase his maneuverability, Q Bert adjusts the direction of his gravity 90 degrees in the direction he is facing (or resets it. It doesn’t go full circle) and can use solid vertically aligned surfaces (anything you can walk jump off of) to stand on.

Final Smash: Omega Beam: Q Bert shoots a large multicolored laser out of his trunk that becomes a full q Bert multicolored pyramid for its final swipe of hits.

Easter egg: if two inklings are playing and qbert footstools on someone who has ink, he will change the color of the ink they’re in.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I know these games don't aim to the same audience, but I fear :ultbayonetta:'s unpopularity in Smash will create a bad influence for Bayonetta 3 and the IP's future as a whole.
Well, her inclusion in Smash make her games fly off the shelves, so low chance.
Haters gonna hate, nothing to do about that.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I never saw Kirby sales decline because of Meta Knight in Brawl.
Besides, isn't Bayonetta an M-Rated series compared to Smash's E10 - T demographic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom