• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Didn't she added because people voted for her? I didn't heard anyone saying you can't just put characters because of the ballot during that time.
Depends how seriously you take the data indicating she was planned before the ballot.

If the put her in regardless of fan input to support their recent adoption of the franchise? Yes, shoe-horned.
If not? She's still a pretty divergent choice.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
One reason why I'll won't be able to get Kat from Gravity Rush :( If only a Bayonetta situation could happen and Nintendo adopts an abandoned Gravity Rush.
Nintendo owns a good amount of Bayonetta through publishing and Sega does sleep with them a lot (which lead to a healthy relationship), and they current have Microsoft on speed dial, so another side piece wouldn’t hurt them...though Sony is probably no finished with them

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
A little late but Tingle was always my most wanted for Smash for LoZ (except for the period of time when I wanted Toon Ganondorf a lot for some reason). Since it's not looking good for my sweet fairy boy, I definitely have to back up whoever said Beedle earlier. He's a perfect angel who never fails to ease my worries when he shows up in my games, and while I would really want Agitha, Beedle is just as good

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
YUP. I'm a huge LoZ fan, and I thought that they'd get rid of Sheik and put in Impa. I thought that they'd get rid of transformations in Brawl because no one played Zelda and only played Sheik, and I always thought the lack of a down special felt weird. That way they could give Zelda more potential to be good while still keeping Sheik's moveset (and not have two of the same person as separate characters), lol. Sheik was the last veteran reveal before the game launched, so I REALLY thought she was gone, too. haha.

Obviously a lot of the opposite happened in Brawl (including adding TWO MORE transformation characters), but I would still love Impa.

Also, Impa wasn't my top choice for LoZ during Brawl's time. I really wanted Midna back then, haha.
Huh, that's the earliest I've heard that concept. Like it was tossed around a lot that SS Impa could replace Shiek in Smash 4, and I was surprised when she didn't. But I don't think I'd ever think of OOT Impa lol.

I'm still hoping we get the SS Impa as an echo, but I would be fine with the HW, just not as cool (love that cape!).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
> Mario canon

SMB2 was a dream, and SMB3 was a stage play. Let's not pretend Mario canon matters in the slightest for Smash.
The point is, did a character show up in a main entry? Yes? Then they matter enough to show up in Smash. Yes, even Daisy, since Super Mario Land counts.

I still think they should have Foreman Spike in here, and coincidentally have him look like Waluigi.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I was thinking if a fishing pole could be slapped onto Isabelle for a special.

Side B: Casts a line with a bell at the end. A certain percentage of damage breaks the bell lure and the fighter dishing the last bit of damage is snagged. Then could be tossed for high knockback. Punishes aggression. But might be too good against recoveries?

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I'm going to answer the question i recently asked y'all, i personally want it to happen on fridays in november cuz the game comes out the month after & it'll release on a friday.

Nov. 2: Simon Belmont (Halloween Aftermath)
Nov. 9: Marx
Nov. 16: Chorus Kids
Nov. 23: Elma
Nov. 30: Isabelle, Dark Samus, & Chrom (The Remaining Echo Fighters)
Dec. 7 (Release Date!): Steve & Rayman (Surprise 3rd Party Characters)

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I was thinking if a fishing pole could be slapped onto Isabelle for a special.

Side B: Casts a line with a bell at the end. A certain percentage of damage breaks the bell lure and the fighter dishing the last bit of damage is snagged. Then could be tossed for high knockback. Punishes aggression. But might be too good against recoveries?
Honestly I would perfer if the Fishing Pole would be Isabelle's grab. It could have a lot of ending lag, but it can work as a tether, have a lot of range, and possible draw in Items if you hit them.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Sorry if this bothers anyone, but I just do not see how an Assist Trophy or Pokéball Pokémon in its current game can become DLC.

It never happened in Smash 4, and it would be weird to take out a part of the game that people are used to.
It didn't happen in Smash 4, but Smash 4's DLC plans just didn't have the potential for it to happen, Smash 4's DLC was: Mewtwo, cut Melee vet, cut Brawl vet, promotional newcomer from upcoming Nintendo game, two big third parties, and Bayonetta (where whether they were genuine about her Ballot support or put her in to promote her games she fitted a preconceived role). None of Smash 4's assist trophies nor pokeball pokemon fit in any of those categories, so they weren't eligible regardless of their assist status. If we actually got characters from the Ballot or Sakurai just went and pulled from the entire pool of characters instead of focusing on those specific categories, this argument would have a bit more merit. Plus even if it did have merit, we have no idea how Ultimate's DLC will be; say they support the game for a very long time and we still get DLC years down the road, you really think Sakurai is going to refuse surefire hit DLC just because he passed over them for the initial planned roster years ago and gave them a consolation role?

As for it being "weird", I'm sure the majority of the fanbase would prefer having a character playable over being AT and won't mind or would even notice the character not having the chance to appear anymore from an item, but who knows how it would actually be handled if an assist got promoted during DLC.

Upgrading Waluigi is opening a Pandora's Box Y'all.

What about other Assist Trophies? Should they be upgraded? "Why does Sakurai hate [character/series]?"

Imagine the salt if Midna or Ghirahim weren't upgraded but Waluigi was, what a slap in the face to fans of those characters and Zelda fans in general. Redesigns are nice but it'd be a low blow that someone like Waluigi was prioritized over other fan picks like Midna/Ghirahim.

Imagine the salt if Lyn was upgraded, "another sword-user", "another FE character". You know they'd upgrade Lyn if Assist Trophies could be upgraded for DLC, her immense popularity was shown to IS and Nintendo in 2017 with CYL and she's been growing ever since. Heroes has made $400 million, it's obvious that it has influence and Lyn is free money at that point.

Imagine the salt if... I could go on and on. You may think we have hit some peak levels of irritation when it comes to playable characters but "all Assist Trophies are equal but some are more equal than others." is going to seriously harm the Smash fanbase.
An AT being promoted isn't any different from any other character making it in, the character was simply who Sakurai viewed as the best pick for what he wanted to achieve, you're being very hyperbolic here in how the fanbase will react. If anything, fans of other assists would get invigorated, as it would definitively show their desired character is able to get promoted to playable and they won't have to wait until the next game that could be a very long time away.

I wish there weren't AT's that had moveset potential, like Lyn, Waluigi, Midna, Ashley, etc., and instead AT's were mainly enemies and side characters (Hammer Bro, Metroid, Chain Chomp, etc.). It seems to be a lot harder to get promoted from AT than from regular trophy or nothing, and it's kinda disappointing when you see your favourite character in Smash Bros, coming out of an Assist Trophy, and realizing that even with DLC, they have no chance of getting in.
How is it any more difficult? If you're claiming it because Little Mac was the only AT who got promoted from Brawl to Smash 4, how many of the Brawl ATs had an actual good chance for making it on the roster over who actually got in? Isaac was the only one besides Mac with significant fan demand for Smash 4, and he had the relevancy problem, when relevancy was a huge factor for Smash 4's roster selection, so it's not like he would have made it if he wasn't an AT in Brawl.

Last edited:
User was warned for this post
Hey guys, after so much sweat and tears went into predicting this unpredictable man, Sakurai's formula for choosing playable characters has been leaked at long last.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Echoes (so far) seem to be a coma-sentence.

They are characters only worth being an equation deviation away from another character.
If their host character is changed in the next edition, they have those changes plus their built in differential code.

Assist Trophies on the other hand, have their own unique moves and have been shown in one example to be able to evolve into a full-blown fighter.

This is why I think people should be careful wanting a boatload of Echoes.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Delete this.

https://www.thecoli.com/media/broken-matt-hardy-delete.12897/full?d=1492637069 if the gif does not show

:ultdk:: BANANA! SLAMMA!
Dracula: Banana wha-? GWAH! *gets punched through a wall*
Top 10 Anime Fights

I was gonna write one of them dracula scripts but then I realized, I have no idea why everyone's talking about dracula.
Same here lmao

They threw me off and I didn't realized what was going on

as long as it keeps Isaac out of the game
Why are you here?

On the third party aspect, I think we have more than enough already, I feel. We have Snake, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud AND Bayonetta. That's 7 third party characters. I think i'd be fine with one more but no more than that.

On the other hand, I don't think there is any character that has 0% chance to get in Smash.
Crash and a second Sonic rep will do for me. That's all I want for 3rd parties

So, potential Zelda newcomers anyone? I think it's long overdue personally. Impa is a front runner for sure, and for good reasons. But if she's a Echo of Sheik, there's room for more probably.
GIVE ME IMPA OR GIVE ME DEATH MOUNTAIN

...or just give me Vaati

osby

Smash Obsessed
Echoes (so far) seem to be a coma-sentence.

They are characters only worth being an equation deviation away from another character.
If their host character is changed in the next edition, they have those changes plus their built in differential code.

Assist Trophies on the other hand, have their own unique moves and have been shown in one example to be able to evolve into a full-blown fighter.

This is why I think people should be careful wanting a boatload of Echoes.
I don't know if "they could be unique in the next game!" argument has a base.
Dark Pit and Lucina simply couldn't get in this game as unique newcomers. Daisy fans had to wait so much just to play as her, only because she's an echo.
Sometimes people want character because personal attachment to their personality, not because how wildly different they are.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Vaati hasn't appeared in a long time. And Four Swords is hardly ever referenced in mainstream Zelda games, if at all. Vaati also didn't even appear in Hyrule Warriors. He's highly unlikely.
Fully aware, but there aren't any other main characters who have recurred to that extent still. I know he won't be chosen, but if I had to add one Zelda rep it'd be him. Pretty much everyone else would (to me) feel weird. Either a one-off, unimportant character, or another of version of our triforce we already got.

(Also bias because I like Vaati way more than Ganon and never cared for Impa)

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
Dark Pit ... simply couldn't get in this game as unique newcomers.
It's kind of a shame, really. I know there are other factors like dev time and prioritising other, more popular characters, but I think Dark Pit could easily be reworked into a unique fighter. KIU has tons of other weapons to draw from, like staves, clubs, palms etc. Though I wonder, if Dark Pit were made into a unique fighter, would that make people hate him more, or less?

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I have a newer game, rank popular wanted characters for Smash Bros on how much of a chance that you personally think they have. This is probably going to lead to heated things, but screw it.

King K. Rool: (Very Likely) He's the new generation's Ridley. The well beloved big antagonistic Rival to the main character. He's big, mean, and would definitely be a nice thing to see in Smash

Ashley: (Rare) While Ashley has a lot of following, the character doesn't really hold enough Star Power for her to be included in Smash. The inclusion of her own assist trophy is notable in her list of achievements, but so did Takamura and Waluigi...

Geno: (Plausible) Geno has been widely asked for ever after Brawl came out, I'd honestly be super ecstatic if he did make it in here because he's the posterboy for wanted Smash Characters. With his costume in Smash 4, it seems like Nintendo knows all about this. I'm hoping that he'd at least be DLC.

Black Shadow: (Rare [For new Character]) (Likely [ For Echo]) Not a popular character overall, but he is the biggest pick out of all of the F-Zero characters for his "Ridley" factor. While not being a huge threat to Falcon (even being humiliated by my boi Deathborn in GX), he is an iconic rival to the racer... which could make him a good echo.

Simon Belmont: (Very Likely) His reasoning kinda follows the DLC fighter's reasonings... He's the MC of a popular Konami franchise. He's also the most well known outside of Alucard or the recently popular Trevor. There's also well backed leakers who are saying that he may be included, so there's a chance that may be true.

Elma: (Plausible) While not a MC of Xenoblade X, she is a popular character from that game. Though a 3rd Party side character has never entered Smash Before, I think that Elma wouldn't be a bad start.

DOOM Slayer: (Rare) DOOM Slayer is too western for the tastes of Smash, he is too American for this game. However, he's the most popular western video game character there is. He's got a lot of credinetlas and charm to him... And let's be real here... you really want to see Mario get a chainsaw to the face..

Isabell: (Plausible) Out of everyone here... she seems to have the least amount of moveset potential... I mean, they could flub it, but it's not fitting to her character. I do think she would be better off as an assist trophy, but leaks have said she would be in... so there's a gathering towards her.

Eggman: (Plausible) While he is very low on lists... I think if there was ever a 3rd Party non MC in Smash... It would be him. His mechs could provide an interesting new creation for Smash Bros, using moves from classic and modern boss battles.

Marx: (Plausible) Marx would be cool and honestly I have a soft sport for him... But he's kind of overshadowed by the appeal for Bandana Dee instead... Which is kind of like asking for Blue Toad from NSMBWii.

Bandana Dee:(Somewhat Plausible) While the most revered, he's kind of the Blue Toad of the kirby games. He's not meant to be memorable, but rather a generic 4th player. Star Power is kind of a thing when it comes to Smash

Rayman:(Very Plausible) Ubisoft and Nintendo are getting tighter... and Ubisoft did also create a Rayman model for Smash 4... so I bet that there's some chance of him being in... but then again... no leaks are talking about him...

Zeox

Smash Champion
Everyday I am more convinced that when Sakurai said "don't expect too many newcomers", he really mean that there were gonna be a very small number of newcomers, we had a whole month without any news, and this time there is less time than ever before.
There are 4 months and 1 week left, unless they reveal tons of newcomers at the same time, I can't see having more than 8 characters left.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's kind of a shame, really. I know there are other factors like dev time and prioritising other, more popular characters, but I think Dark Pit could easily be reworked into a unique fighter. KIU has tons of other weapons to draw from, like staves, clubs, palms etc. Though I wonder, if Dark Pit were made into a unique fighter, would that make people hate him more, or less?
Probably both. Some would like he brings new things to the table, some dislike he wastes development time. Some will hate him regardless, since he has "dark" in his name.
Also, I love Dark Pit, but making him unique would make no sense. Semi clone, sure, but again, who has time?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I honestly think there will be a fair amount of additional newcomers.

Vergeban's Rumors

1. Belmont
2. Isabelle

My Guesses:

3. Elma
4. Dixie
5. King K. Rool
6. Chorus Kids
7. Geno
8. Mach Rider
9. Pokemon

osby

Smash Obsessed
DOOM Slayer: (Rare) DOOM Slayer is too western for the tastes of Smash, he is too American for this game. However, he's the most popular western video game character there is. He's got a lot of credinetlas and charm to him... And let's be real here... you really want to see Mario get a chainsaw to the face..
That's what Omega Yato is for.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Everyday I am more convinced that when Sakurai said "don't expect too many newcomers", he really mean that there were gonna be a very small number of newcomers, we had a whole month without any news, and this time there is less time than ever before.
There are 4 months and 1 week left, unless they reveal tons of newcomers at the same time, I can't see having more than 8 characters left.
I just think that reveals may be a bit slower than usual, might hit more in big events and some will be surprises after the game comes out. I am thinking that it will be less than Melee though...

That's what Omega Yato is for.
I almost read that as Omega Shenron, because I had no ideal that Corn's sword had a name or even was a chainsaw sword in the first place.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Probably more, people would have a legit argument then for him costing someone else a lot more popular/"deserving"/whatever a roster spot. There is significant dislike for how cloned he is, but the main point of consolation for people who dislike Dark Pit is that he took so little work to create and thus it would have been nothing in his place if he wasn't there.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Between this and the Bill Trinen "closer to December" comment I'm noticing a trend of Smash speculators to completely look past things they don't wanna hear. Even 8 sounds like a push to me.
(As for Bill's comment, no I don't think we'll have to wait until December, but wayyyyy too many people disregarded it because tomorrow is closer to December. Like if he meant that he could've said literally anything else, but he didn't.)

RandomAce

Smash Champion
To be honest, as an Impa fan, I would be happy that we at least got someone else that isn’t Link, Zelda, or Ganon.

It’s just that by being an echo, Impa is just a Shiek alt, and isn’t considered a seperate character (she will have an E symbol), and we’re still in the hell of Zelda of not getting new characters.

Small tidbid but it only really make sense for OOT Impa to be an Echo of Sheik. Sheik isn’t in SS, and SS Impa uses different types of moves. Though to be honest, I would admit that I would be a little salty if Impa got in as echo, if we’re getting Impa, I want her to be unique and use many different moves, Sheikah abilites, and even HW (that is the dream) to get rid of the no new characters for Zelda curse.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Wait why is echo discussion boring?
Is it because they are clones?
I guess I just don't find speculating a character for no other reason than they could have another fighters moves slapped on a massively interesting discussion, especially when it devolves into a flame war about the minutiae of e.g. the placement of spines in Shadow the Hedgehog's hair. I'd much rather read people engaged in a passionate discussion about characters they actually like (as opposed to ones they think could be easily moulded onto another character) and what interesting things they can do. The exception for me is generally in a few specific cases who we'd usually speculate as alts anyway (e.g. Dry Bowser, my personal favourite idea for an echo).

KMDP

Smash Legend
Speaking of announcements, there's a tag on the Smash Blog specifically for Announcements.

So far, there's only two entries, both from June 12th.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
To be honest, as an Impa fan, I would be happy that we at least got someone else that isn’t Link, Zelda, or Ganon.

It’s just that by being an echo, Impa is just a Shiek alt, and isn’t considered a seperate character (she will have an E symbol), and we’re still in the hell of Zelda of not getting new characters.

Small tidbid but it only really make sense for OOT Impa to be an Echo of Sheik. Sheik isn’t in SS, and SS Impa uses different types of moves. Though to be honest, I would admit that I would be a little salty if Impa got in as echo, if we’re getting Impa, I want her to be unique and use many different moves, Sheikah abilites, and even HW (that is the dream) to get rid of the no new characters for Zelda curse.
And then there's people who deliberately want her as a Sheik clone. :p

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Sorry if this bothers anyone, but I just do not see how an Assist Trophy or Pokéball Pokémon in its current game can become DLC.

It never happened in Smash 4, and it would be weird to take out a part of the game that people are used to.

Yes it is possible for an Assist Trophy or Pokéball Pokemon to become a fighter in the next game, it happened with Little Mac. I just mean in the current game itself through updates.

I know it is sad Waluigi is not in the game, but I do not see him coming back as DLC. Maybe in the next game after Ultimate though.
I don't think Sakurai would pass up a potential fighter just because they're an assist trophy, especially if they're popular. I don't think it would even cross his mind. If he wants someone playable, he can make them. This is kind of similar to the Toon Link spirit tracks situation. It would be super easy to just remove the assist trophy or change it. If anything, assist trophies have a better chance at DLC due to being popular and interesting enough to be made into them.
I don't really get anyone who doesn't want a specific character. There are a lot of characters that loads of people want in that i'm not too interested in (eg: K rool, ashley) but I don't actively NOT want them in smash, just passively disinterested.
The only characters I actively don't want are Steve or a potential Skyrim character. It's not that I hate them or anything, I just feel they'd look so out of place along side Mario and Pikachu, even more than Snake. Even then though, I've begun to warm up to them. If it makes other people happy, then I can live with it.
So, potential Zelda newcomers anyone? I think it's long overdue personally. Impa is a front runner for sure, and for good reasons. But if she's a Echo of Sheik, there's room for more probably.
There are only three Zelda characters not yet represented that regularly reoccur throughout the series, these being Impa, Tingle, and Beetle. As cool as Beetle is though, I wouldn't consider him as likely as the other two lol. Impa has a descent chance, but I've always been more of an advocate for Tingle. He could be so unique and fun using balloons, rupees, magic, and perhaps other weapons not yet represented from the series. He hasn't been disconfirmed yet either. It's his majoras mask design in Great Bay, while his playable design would most likely be from either wind Waker or his own games. It could be another Alfonso situation. I still can't say he's likely though, mostly due to his hate over here. I also would really like to see Skull Kid as Majoras Mask is my favorite Zelda game, but I'm not holding my breath.
If you could choose to see all the Echoes this month or one unique newcomer, which one would you pick?
I'd like to see one newcomer definitely not because this is Ashley's big month
Anyways, it might be impossible to reveal all echoes without revealing a newcomer.

D

Deleted member

Been listening to Wario Ware Gold's soundtrack and my word it's amazing. Not only are there remixes, but we finally have uncompressed high quality versions of the DS songs.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I really REALLY want Body Rock in Smash Ultimate:

This song is THE JAM. IT'S SO GOOD.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I have a newer game, rank popular wanted characters for Smash Bros on how much of a chance that you personally think they have. This is probably going to lead to heated things, but screw it.

King K. Rool: (Very Likely) He's the new generation's Ridley. The well beloved big antagonistic Rival to the main character. He's big, mean, and would definitely be a nice thing to see in Smash

Ashley: (Rare) While Ashley has a lot of following, the character doesn't really hold enough Star Power for her to be included in Smash. The inclusion of her own assist trophy is notable in her list of achievements, but so did Takamura and Waluigi...

Geno: (Plausible) Geno has been widely asked for ever after Brawl came out, I'd honestly be super ecstatic if he did make it in here because he's the posterboy for wanted Smash Characters. With his costume in Smash 4, it seems like Nintendo knows all about this. I'm hoping that he'd at least be DLC.

Black Shadow: (Rare [For new Character]) (Likely [ For Echo]) Not a popular character overall, but he is the biggest pick out of all of the F-Zero characters for his "Ridley" factor. While not being a huge threat to Falcon (even being humiliated by my boi Deathborn in GX), he is an iconic rival to the racer... which could make him a good echo.

Simon Belmont: (Very Likely) His reasoning kinda follows the DLC fighter's reasonings... He's the MC of a popular Konami franchise. He's also the most well known outside of Alucard or the recently popular Trevor. There's also well backed leakers who are saying that he may be included, so there's a chance that may be true.

Elma: (Plausible) While not a MC of Xenoblade X, she is a popular character from that game. Though a 3rd Party side character has never entered Smash Before, I think that Elma wouldn't be a bad start.

Isabell: (Plausible) Out of everyone here... she seems to have the least amount of moveset potential... I mean, they could flub it, but it's not fitting to her character. I do think she would be better off as an assist trophy, but leaks have said she would be in... so there's a gathering towards her.

Eggman: (Plausible) While he is very low on lists... I think if there was ever a 3rd Party non MC in Smash... It would be him. His mechs could provide an interesting new creation for Smash Bros, using moves from classic and modern boss battles.

Marx: (Plausible) Marx would be cool and honestly I have a soft sport for him... But he's kind of overshadowed by the appeal for Bandana Dee instead... Which is kind of like asking for Blue Toad from NSMBWii.

Bandana Dee:(Somewhat Plausible) While the most revered, he's kind of the Blue Toad of the kirby games. He's not meant to be memorable, but rather a generic 4th player. Star Power is kind of a thing when it comes to Smash

Rayman:(Very Plausible) Ubisoft and Nintendo are getting tighter... and Ubisoft did also create a Rayman model for Smash 4... so I bet that there's some chance of him being in... but then again... no leaks are talking about him...
King K. Rool: Very Likely
There really isn't anything to say about him.

Geno: Rare
While he was considered (which is different from planned) since Brawl, so was Takamaru since Melee. It doesn't help that his game never reached Europe, and that he is competing with other Mario characters, with the added malus of being TP.

Shadow: Rare
I just don't see a TP echo happening. And I would prefer pther characters as the second Sonic rep, like Tails and Eggman.

Bandana Dee: Very Likely
He is relevant, popular, requested and important to the Kirby series, which saw a growth since the release of Triple Deluxe.

Dark Samus: Rare
I don't think she would be a good choice for an Echo. I played all Prime games and not only Dark Samus has unique properties, but she just Can't use Samus moves. Her arm cannon is a decoration rather than a weapon, so having her using Screw Attack, Bombs, Missiles and Charge Beam instead of flying, shooting tentacles and particles is wrong in my eyes. Especially since Metroid already got its deserved new character, shoo-horning in another one just feels bad.

Chrom: Somehow Plausible
Sakurai doesn't like to dissapoint his fans, so he might add him as an Echo just to excuse how poorly he treated the character back in Smash For days. Plus he managed to remain popular and relevant among the Fire Emblem community, and he appeared in Project X Zone 2 and he was the first character made in Fire Emblem Warriors.

Isabelle: Plausible
She is the second face of A.C. after the Villager, and Mario Kart 8 shows it. It is really up to Sakurai to see where she fits best.

Simon Belmont: Very Likely
Not only Konami brought back Snake and licensed Metal Gear content (including a sick new remix of Snake Eater) but they also let Bomberman join as an AT. They are fully going to support this game, and Castlevania is probably the last big NES franchise still missing from the Smash Roster. Also Sakurai stated that the first Castlevania had a huge impact on him as a game designer.

Ashley: Plausible
She is surely hugely popular, the only thing holding her back is the hiatus WarioWare entered after Game and Wario until WarioWare Gold this year. But she surely has potential, besides being popular.

Elma: Likely
There are so many things pointing towards her. Sawano, the composer of Xenoblade X OST, did a 1 day recording back in March for a secret project, around the same time that Yoko Shimomura made a similar recording which, most likely, was for Smash Ultimate.
Also the project plan of Ultimate was made in December 2015, the same month Xenoblade X launched in the West, and even if the roster was picked in early 2016, that would have shown that X outsold the original Xenoblade. There is also the fact that [Xenoblade 2 DLC Datamine]
she is going to be added as a playable Blade in the game, and also as the last one before the Story DLC is released, which will close the DLC circle for the game. Being the last character added to the game surely feels important, especially when Shulk and Fiora were added before you
Things seem to be looking nice for her.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Been listening to Wario Ware Gold's soundtrack and my word it's amazing. Not only are there remixes, but we finally have uncompressed high quality versions of the DS songs.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I really REALLY want Body Rock in Smash Ultimate:

This song is THE JAM. IT'S SO GOOD.
But which stage should it go on?

Wario Ware, Inc. or Wii Fit Studio?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom