• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lemme rephrase what i meant. It's a good design, I just don't personally like it. Impas always been shown as either a Ninja, or an Old Lady, But I have a few issues with this design

1. Is she even old? she looks way too young. No Wrinkles or anything.
2. She just looks like some random fat lady. Not, Well, Impa.

Could just be me, But i dunno.
Yeah, she's older.

Impa has more than one design. Honestly, all the Impas are pretty unique and some are hard to tell it's the same person. Her designs are severely inconsistent, at least compared to the Links and Zeldas(well, Hylian forms) that are easy to tell is the same person overall(though they are often literally different people due to the series design). Even with different clothing.

One could do worse by suggesting the (post-cursed) Zora Queen, though admittedly the priority for that one is rock-bottom low.

As an aside, are there any female characters that could qualify as "heavy" by simply having too much/heavy equipment they carry around?
Linkle? :p

I dunno. A lot of them are very agile but otherwise don't often have a ton of stuff. Captain Toadette, I guess. You could apply it to Lara Croft or any rpg female as a technicality, I guess.

D

Deleted member

Pikachu would've been considered fat if he kept his 64 appearance, but modern times demanded that he slim up, set a good example for the kiddies, and occasionally appear on the side of a McDonald's Happy Meal box filled with fat-free milk and apple slices.
I thought they said everyone was here? Where are my fat Pikachu and Green Mario echoes?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Pikachu would've been considered fat if he kept his 64 appearance, but modern times demanded that he slim up, set a good example for the kiddies, and occasionally appear on the side of a McDonald's Happy Meal box filled with fat-free milk and apple slices.
When Pikachu is in better shape than you.
images (7).jpg

Yes, I'm talking about you, Wario.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Speaking of which, I think McDonalds currently has Super Mario happy meal toys

SonicMario

Smash Master
I know this was from a good amount of pages back. But I wanted to respond to at least this

What's one character you think is very likely but is rarely talked about/isn't thought of as likely?
I'm not saying he's suddenly very likely as my confidence in it happening has gone down compared to Pre-E3 then Post-E3.

But I do feel Captain Toad is being at least slightly slept on all because of the upgrade regular Toad got in Peach's moveset.

But if Captain Toad makes it after all, the perception would change fast. It would go from "They upgraded Toad from a meatshield as a consolation for Toad fans!" to "They were hinting at a Toad fighter the whole time!" and how the timing of the project plan only being a year after Captain Toad was out put him as one of the obvious Wii U game reps other then Splatoon. (Heck Treasure Tracker is older then both Splatoon and Xenoblade X. Which both have a confirmed and a considered likely Newcomer (Elma) respectively)

Again, that only happens if indeed Captain Toad makes it and I'm not saying Captain Toad is a certainty as I have some doubt myself. But again, there's certainly reasons why it would suddenly be a "likelier in hindsight" moment for many should it happen.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
When Pikachu is in better shape than you.
View attachment 155241
Yes, I'm talking about you, Wario.
“So admit it... Don't I look cool in the game screens? Those long, muscular legs on my sturdy, toned frame... I'm the perfect specimen of a man! ...What!?!? You say I look fat and my quadruple chin looks like a waterfall of flab? Shut up! That's just because you have your television set up for widescreen display!”

- Wario, from Wario World

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
“So admit it... Don't I look cool in the game screens? Those long, muscular legs on my sturdy, toned frame... I'm the perfect specimen of a man! ...What!?!? You say I look fat and my quadruple chin looks like a waterfall of flab? Shut up! That's just because you have your television set up for widescreen display!”

- Wario, from Wario World
Oh my gosh xD I didn't know this. Have a youtube link?

Yeah, she's older.

Impa has more than one design. Honestly, all the Impas are pretty unique and some are hard to tell it's the same person. Her designs are severely inconsistent, at least compared to the Links and Zeldas(well, Hylian forms) that are easy to tell is the same person overall(though they are often literally different people due to the series design). Even with different clothing.

Linkle? :p

I dunno. A lot of them are very agile but otherwise don't often have a ton of stuff. Captain Toadette, I guess. You could apply it to Lara Croft or any rpg female as a technicality, I guess.
Eh, I kinda just classify it on. Are they cool or are they old. I dunno, That design just never suited me, because it breaks from Impas usually 2 Set of appearances. Overall, It's a nice design, I just don't think it should've been used for Midna.

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
As a veteran member of the speculation community, I feel obligated to speak up when I see unsubstantiated stuff.

A prominent example of this that lead to a lot of tears in the end was people mis-remembering Sakurai's reasoning regarding the inclusion of Zero Suit Samus. One fan who supported a prospective female newcomer in Brawl said the reason that he included her was because he wanted to include more female fighters in Smash Bros. Naturally, many supporters of prospective female fighters ran with this and never bothered to check the original source materials regarding what Sakurai actually said (He said he added her because the popular Metroid series needed another character, and that it was also good to add another female fighter to the game). In the end, Zero Suit Samus was the only female newcomer added to Brawl, and it led to a lot of mental anguish and bitterness among these female newcomer userbases because they had convinced themselves that Sakurai was going to give preference to their character of choice due to their gender based on an incorrect rememberance of Sakurai's statements. Ike vs. Lyn, Toon Link vs. Midna, Wolf vs. Krystal. In all of these many believed the female counterpart was more likely due to people not re-looking at what was actually said.

Many people were angry at Sakurai when the Brawl roster dropped because they felt he LIED to them about wanting to include more female newcomers, when Sakurai never said such a thing.

That is why I am grateful to websites such as OneSource Gaming. Although I have not part in it, it provides a resource to most things Sakurai has ever said. And people can read the primary sources with their own eyes, instead of relying on a game of telephone (the game of telephone is where someone tells something in someone's ear and then passes it on to the next person. Usually by the end of the game, the message that the final person hears is different from what the original person had said).

Misinformation and misinterpretation are among the two biggest banes of proper Smash speculation. At this point, Vergeben is the only "leaker" that has some level of credibility to his own "information" for this round. For this reason, we have to tread carefully, however, even then we have to take what he has to say with a grain of salt. His track record has only been 50/50, and even the Gematsu leak which got nearly every character on it right, but still in the end had outdated information on it due to game development, Smash in particular, possessing many twists and turns.
Don't forget about the no more clones story. Didn't someone made Sakurai's journal about Brawl information?

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
Who will join Cloud from Square Enix?

Either Geno, a Dragon Quest character, or, based on precedence of their crossovers: Tifa and/or Sephiroth.

The "Final Fantasy" logo used for the series on the website is specifically Final Fantasy VII's so I imagine they won't stray far from it.

Tifa has appeared in almost all spinoffs and crossovers that Cloud was in, if she wasn't in the original she was usually in the sequel.

Not only that, but if Cloud's playable, Tifa's usually playable too.

Sephiroth has appeared almost as often.

Obviously, this isn't a Square Enix production, so Sakurai is not beholden to their... "rules"... :laugh:.

Also, KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 , I noticed you had me quoted in your signature. Nice. :)
I'd love Crono honestly or any Chrono Trigger/Cross representation. Lucca, Marle, Frog, Robo, Serge, Kid, etc. Give me Chrono! Then they can finally make that third game with Smash as a way to advertise it.

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I'd barely call it a SE franchise when almost all the content is Disney anyway. Who owns the franchise too. SE just developed it and has a small bit of FF(specifically this franchise too) content in it due to the crossover nature, and it helps sell since Final Fantasy is their flagship franchise. Only thing I'm not 100% sure on is if all original content(not FF or Disney) is owned by Disney or SE. I think it's owned by Disney, but I can't cite that.
The KH original characters and content are all owned by Disney at this point, however due to contracts they have to run things by Nomura and SE if they want to have input with anything regarding them. De facto, the popular orignal human characters are quite obviously of Square's design to the point that it's downright strange to say it's not a Square franchise.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
YOUR REACTION
If we get an entire month where a newcomer would be revealed every week.
I'd cry tears of pure joy. NO MORE ****TY LEAKS
I know this was from a good amount of pages back. But I wanted to respond to at least this

I'm not saying he's suddenly very likely as my confidence in it happening has gone down compared to Pre-E3 then Post-E3.

But I do feel Captain Toad is being at least slightly slept on all because of the upgrade regular Toad got in Peach's moveset.

But if Captain Toad makes it after all, the perception would change fast. It would go from "They upgraded Toad from a meatshield as a consolation for Toad fans!" to "They were hinting at a Toad fighter the whole time!" and how the timing of the project plan only being a year after Captain Toad was out put him as one of the obvious Wii U game reps other then Splatoon. (Heck Treasure Tracker is older then both Splatoon and Xenoblade X. Which both have a confirmed and a considered likely Newcomer (Elma) respectively)

Again, that only happens if indeed Captain Toad makes it and I'm not saying Captain Toad is a certainty as I have some doubt myself. But again, there's certainly reasons why it would suddenly be a "likelier in hindsight" moment for many should it happen.
God now you're getting me hopeful and I know how that usually goes for me.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace

I agree with that. The hopeful part of me wants to believe Toad was updated in Peach's move set to appease normal toad fans so that the captain could become playable. Your point about him being a Wii u rep is a really good argument I never though about, although it might not be as important as it would've been in smash 4 due to the ballot's influence this time.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Has anything significant or interesting happened over the past few days? I kind of don't want to skim through borderline 100 pages of this thread again :p
Vergeben had made reports that Isabelle and an unidentified "controversial" character will be playable.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The start of the Dracula fight had better include the what is a man cutscene, complete with whichever character you fight him with doing Richter's lines.
It'd be great if certain characters derailed Dracula's monologuing. :laugh:

I'll see if I can write some.

:ultshulk: "I'll kill you!"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:ultshulk: "I'll kill you!"
One of these days I'll stop being lazy and either find or rip the cutscene audio from Xenoblade so I can make the "I'LL KILL YOU" a taunt.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Has anything significant or interesting happened over the past few days? I kind of don't want to skim through borderline 100 pages of this thread again :p
Well there's been two separate leaks with similar info that say that Heihachi will be a new character but ti could be a very dedicated faker.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The start of the Dracula fight had better include the what is a man cutscene, complete with whichever character you fight him with doing Richter's lines.

An easy derailment. :ultmegaman:

Megaman: Die, monster! You don't belong in this world!
Dracula: It was not by my hand that I am once again give flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.
Megaman: Tribute!? You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!
Dracula: What would a... machine know of the soul?
Megaman: …I am more than a machine. I have more of a heart than you ever will!
Dracula: Is that so? Very well! Show me this... “soul” you claim to have. Have at you!

How does Dracula know what a machine is? Who cares!
Well there's been two separate leaks with similar info that say that Heihachi will be a new character but ti could be a very dedicated faker.
We should ask Sonic and Shadow, they know all about fakers.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
An easy derailment. :ultmegaman:

Megaman: Die, monster! You don't belong in this world!
Dracula: It was not by my hand that I am once again give flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.
Megaman: Tribute!? You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!
Dracula: What would a... machine know of the soul?
Megaman: …I am more than a machine. I have more of a heart than you ever will!
Dracula: Is that so? Very well! Show me this... “soul” you claim to have. Have at you!

How does Dracula know what a machine is? Who cares!
Actually, in the castlevania netflix show, he seems to be very well-versed in advanced technologies. He could very easily know that Megaman is just an advanced automaton.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Actually, in the castlevania netflix show, he seems to be very well-versed in advanced technologies. He could very easily know that Megaman is just an advanced automaton.
Huh, I see.

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
Ah, such an interesting question. I'm gonna make it 3.
In terms of Nintendo's history:

1. James Bond- (Goldeneye 007)
  2. Boba Fett- (Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire)
  3. Mickey Mouse- (Disney's Magical Quest, Magic Mirror, Mickey's Speedway U.S.A.)
I know this old but why not Dash Rendar instead of Fett? Pretty sure he originated in comics/novels before the game, and he was the protagonist.

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
Also Dracula's castles in the games always have like moving cogs and automated falling spike traps and stuff. He has a pretty solid grasp on machines and engineering

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Going to that newcomer thing from pages ago.

:4villager:
Reveal: Yay new Smash game and this guy seems kinda cool
Launch: Okay he's kinda fun.

:4megaman:
Reveal: Indifferent. Never played one of his games before.
Launch: I like zoning characters but this one just doesn't jive with me.

:4wiifit:
Reveal: lol that's so funny
Launch: Still a weird af character

:rosalina:
Reveal: MY MOST WANTED CHARACTER IS HERE AND HER PLAYSTYLE LOOKS AWESOME!
Launch: I am the only person on the world who likes playing as this character

:4littlemac:
Reveal: Boring af moveset just doesn't do anything for me
Launch: ...I don't think I've ever played him.

:4greninja:
Reveal: Cool. Can I have Mewtwo back?
Launch: Pretty fun. Can I have Mewtwo back now?

:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:
Reveal: The only worse addition is Little Mac
Launch: Literally Dress Up in a video game

:4palutena:
Reveal: OH MY GOD I AM GETTING BOTH OF MY MOST WANTED CHARACTERS
Launch: Why is your default moveset so slow bby

:4pacman:
Reveal: Okay
Launch: Okay

:4lucina:
Reveal: AND NOW IM GETTING MY THIRD MOST WANTED CHARACTER BLESS SAKURAI
Launch: Please cut Marth so I can have this girl forever <3

:4robinm:
Reveal: Don't care. Show me more Lucina.
Launch: Okay you're pretty fun but there are so many other characters I want to play.

:4shulk:
Reveal: MY FOURTH MOST WANTED CHARACTER HOLY CRAP
Launch: My finger hurts from mashing B...

:4bowserjr:
Leaked Reveal: MY FIFTH MOST WANTED CHARACTER WHAT IS THIS
Launch: This is really fun. I just wish you were better boy.

:4duckhunt:
Leaked Reveal: The only good Retro choice they had.
Launch: Who's a good doggo this one.

:4darkpit:
Leaked Reveal: Okay
Launch: He has his music for a victory theme so he's better than average

:4ryu:
Leaked Reveal: Literally don't care
Launch: These inputs are too hard.

:4cloud:
Reveal: ...This is the greatest timeline and I don't even play FF
Launch: I do enjoy a good broken af character

:4corrin:
Reveal: WHY ARE YOU HERE YOUR GAME SUCKS
Launch: WHY ARE YOU HERE YOUR GAME SUCKS

:4bayonetta:
Reveal: I don't want this I don't need this why are you the winner
Launch: Guys am I good at this game now?

TL;DR hype meter

:rosalina:>:4palutena:>:4lucina:>:4shulk:>:4bowserjr:>:4cloud:>:4duckhunt:>:4villager:>:4wiifit:>:4darkpit:>:4robinm:>:4pacman:>:4greninja:>:4megaman:>:4bayonetta:=:4corrin:=:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:>:4littlemac:

And Brawl because 7th/8th grade memories are fun I guess

:metaknight:
Reveal: Who are you?
Launch: Why are you broken?

:pit:
Launch: Why are you so spammy?

:zerosuitsamus:
Reveal: Okay I guess?
Launch: I think I have a new main

:wario:
Reveal: Why are you dressed like that?
Launch: I can win by farting what is this?

:snake:
Launch: I don't understand anything here...

:ike:
Reveal: Marth's brother???
Launch: I want Roy back

:pt:
Reveal: Finally someone remotely interesting!
Launch: Why is Ivysaur a liability?

:diddy:
Reveal: Does this mean Bowser Jr is coming?
Launch: *throws banana* *throws another banana*

:lucas:
Reveal: Guess Ness isn't coming back! As long as they don't cut Pichu.
Launch: WHY DID THEY CUT PICHU AND ADD THIS CHARACTER NO ONE WANTED!

:sonic:
Reveal: Your games suck why are you here?
Launch: Your moveset sucks why are you here?

:dedede:
Reveal: This is the guy from Kirby Air Ride, yes?
Launch: Indifferent

:olimar:
Reveal: I remember this guy. His game was boring.
Launch: pew pew pew pew pew pew

:lucario:
Reveal/Launch: WHY DID THEY CUT MEWTWO FOR YOU!!!!

:rob:
Reveal/Launch: Truly, there is no one new in this game I am going to enjoy.

:toonlink:
Reveal/Launch: So they rebranded Young Link but why didn't they rebrand Pichu???

:wolf:
Reveal/Launch: Who are you?

TL;DR: :pt:>:diddy:>:wario:>:zerosuitsamus:>:metaknight:=:pit:=:snake:=:ike:=:olimar:=:wolf:=:rob:>:sonic:>:toonlink:>:lucario:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom