• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The motion sensor bombs in 64 and localised versions of Melee were the proximity mines from Goldeneye, so Smash has had content from licensed games from the start.
I get that, since Sakurai originally planned to have James Bond in before dropping the notion of licensed characters entirely. I just find it silly that they picked such a random, specific series to reference in the Chronicle, is all. :p

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
What are the 7-10 newcomers to the base roster that would make the game PERFECT for you, with the first being “I absolutely NEED them” and the last one being “I could live if they weren’t added but they’d be cool to see regardless”? Counting Echoes, not counting potential DLC candidates who were too late for the base roster (like Rex & Pyra or an ARMS character)
1. Chrom
2. Galacta Knight
3. Waluigi
4. Dark Samus
5. Dixie Kong
6. Ken
7. Dry Bowser

I also want to see the new Breath of the Wild Link utilizing the four champion spirits in his move set or maybe even his final smash.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
The Hamtaro games in Brawl's Chronicle feature.

Seriously though, the games are apparently good and all, but why licensed games are acknowledged in any form whatsoever in a series focusing on game-exclusive IPs is beyond me.
All I know is Miyamoto was involved with them somehow - he produced them if I'm not mistaken? There's also a fair few games on there that involve Mickey Mouse, from Game and Watch titles to (only listed in Japanese Brawl's Chronicles) Gamecube and N64 titles, clearly paving the way for Sora in Smash.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I will admit it's a very unique idea for a stage it just hurts my eyes looking at it.

Has Pac-Maze be confirmed yet? I would love to see it in full HD
I don't think that Pac-Maze is coming back. It's a stage that would only work on the 3DS, due to its gimmick involving every player having their own screen.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I will admit it's a very unique idea for a stage it just hurts my eyes looking at it.

Has Pac-Maze be confirmed yet? I would love to see it in full HD
EDIT: Thought you said Pac-Land. No, Pac-Maze hasn't but Pac-Land has.
I get that, since Sakurai originally planned to have James Bond in before dropping the notion of licensed characters entirely. I just find it silly that they picked such a random, specific series to reference in the Chronicle, is all. :p
It's not like Nintendo has that many licensed games and the Hamtaro games are fairly prolific. We have stuff like Disney games, Popeye and NBA, which while having greater reach, don't have as many Nintendo published titles.

Last edited:

jwillenn

Smash Apprentice
If 10 more, I guess...

I'm always prioritizing 1st party series that have no reps. In this case, I'd add Sin & Punishment, Pushmo, The Wonderful 101, Advance Wars, Chibi Robo, and Arms. I made an exception for Rex & Blades because the moveset potential intrigues the mess out of me. Then there are the 3rd party choices. Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) and Belmont (Castlevania). Those are undeniably iconic series that were popularized on Nintendo's systems before Sony and MS entered the scene. I'd want Bond in (was my ballot choice) because Goldeneye 64 is also HUGE Nintendo history.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Jigglypuff tends to have the 2nd best air game except for Melee. My boi has taken 1st place in that front
Personally, I feel that Jigglypuff should have the best air speed of any fighter. It would make up for how atrociously slow its ground mobility is. Yoshi would take 2nd place.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I don't think that Pac-Maze is coming back. It's a stage that would only work on the 3DS, due to its gimmick involving every player having their own screen.
Golden Plains (the NSMB2 level from 3DS) probably won't return for the same reason.

Shadow Ops

Smash Rookie
Oh yeah forgot about the whole gimmick of the map. It's a shame Pac-Man deserve such a better map.

D

Deleted member

If 10 more, I guess...

I'm always prioritizing 1st party series that have no reps. In this case, I'd add Sin & Punishment, Pushmo, The Wonderful 101, Advance Wars, Chibi Robo, and Arms. I made an exception for Rex & Blades because the moveset potential intrigues the mess out of me. Then there are the 3rd party choices. Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) and Belmont (Castlevania). Those are undeniably iconic series that were popularized on Nintendo's systems before Sony and MS entered the scene. I'd want Bond in (was my ballot choice) because Goldeneye 64 is also HUGE Nintendo history.
All of Bond's alts should just be a different Bond actor with the last slot being the original N64 model sense there's only 7 different Bonds at the moment.

The likeness costs would be immense though. That's why they cut the other Bonds from GoldenEye's multiplayer after all.

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think we'll be getting eleven characters this time around including the ones already revealed. 7 newcomers and 4 Echoes

1) Inkling
2) Ridley
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)

1) Daisy
2)
3)
4)

I personally believe Sakurai didn't give clones new name for the good of his heart he's going to capitalize on giving them a name. So that's why I'm expecting more clones this time around then before
Hmm if I were to fill in those blanks

1) Inkling
2) Ridley
3) Bandana Dee
4) Skull Kid
5) Simon Belmont (had Excitebiker, but forgot Simon)
6) Isabelle
7) King K Rool

1) Daisy
2) Impa
3) Dark Samus (more of an expectation than a want)
4) Octolings

Last edited:

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
Meanwhile I want a boss battle mode that lets me fight proper bosses like idk, Kraid, an Eggman boss machine, Dyna Blade, Koloktos or some ****, just make me repeat the highlights of SSE
I had never even considered Koloktos as a Smash Bros boss. Now I want it. Really badly.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If 10 more, I guess...

If Bond could get in then Goku should too

7NATOR

Smash Master
I think we'll be getting eleven characters this time around including the ones already revealed. 7 newcomers and 4 Echoes

1) Inkling
2) Ridley

I personally believe Sakurai didn't give clones new name for the good of his heart he's going to capitalize on giving them a name. So that's why I'm expecting more clones this time around then before
filling in the blanks

3)K.Rool
4)Ashley
5)Geno
6)Simon
7)Shadow

2)Isabelle
3)Chrom
4)Dark Samus (But please give her AT moves to her though. I don't think Echo fighter is enough for her)

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Wanted to share this video from SMG4. It is a pretty funny video about how Waluigi is not a unique character with moveset potential. As someone that has spent some time making playstyles and movesets for certain newcomers people are not convinced to have uniqueness, this gave me plenty of laughs,

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Zeox

Smash Champion
What are the 7-10 newcomers to the base roster that would make the game PERFECT for you, with the first being “I absolutely NEED them” and the last one being “I could live if they weren’t added but they’d be cool to see regardless”? Counting Echoes, not counting potential DLC candidates who were too late for the base roster (like Rex & Pyra or an ARMS character)

For me:

1. Elma
2. Bandana Waddle Dee
3. Simon Belmont
4. Chorus Kids
5. Chrom
6. Dixie Kong
7. King K. Rool
8. Isabelle
9. Isaac
10. Lloyd Irving (or Yuri Lowell)
1. Porky Minch
2. Dark Matter swordsman
3. King K. Rool
4. Marx
5. Rayman
6. Gooey
7. Adeleine
8. Plok
9. Agumon

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So after a lot of thought, I think this would be my final roster wishlist, not so crazy but I think this would make a lot of people happy, what do you think?

Replace Linkle with Chorus kids, and Banjo & Kazooie with either Lloyd Irving or Yuri Lowell, and I’d be sold

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Anyway I suppose I should post my 10 perfect additions.

1. Skull Kid
2. Bandana Dee

3. Rex and Pyra
4. King Boo

5. Daroach
6. Banjo & Kazooie

7. K Rool
8. Isabelle

9. Simon
10. Parabo and Satebo

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Predictions for bottom 5 fighters

I'll rank who I think will be bottom 5 subject to change of course as the game is changed during development

1) Ice Climbers, no wobbling, no chain grabs, bad ai leading to easy kills for when one is knocked out when the partner only does 50% damage you know you're in trouble. Easily the worst character in smash so far.
Please don't take this in an insulting way but this reads more like you don't really understand the character.

Sure, they no longer have infinites on other characters. This made them extremely scary to fight against, and made certain matchups that they should be losing tenuous for the opponent because they had to play perfectly, but there is a lot more to them than just that.

Their other old tricks are still returning. Desyncing still looks to be a powerful tool, hopefully allowing them to outcamp some other projectile characters and wall out those without good range or projectiles. Their new up air is obviously excellent and their down B has been buffed at edgeguarding as it makes opponents plummet straight down if it freezes them.

Realistically I don't think ICs are going to be in the top half of the cast. However, I do think they'll have some value as a counterpick and certainly calling them the worst character in a game series that included Brawl Ganondorf before the game is even out is patently absurd.

Darkraid

Smash Champion

1) Inkling
2) Ridley
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)

1) Daisy
2)
3)
4)

1) Inkling
2) Ridley
3) King K Rool
4) Geno
5) Decidueye
6) Captain Toad
7) Bandana Dee

8) Impa

1) Daisy
2) Dixie
3) Chrom
4) Dark Samus

This would be kinda perfect

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

1) Inkling
2) Ridley
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)

1) Daisy
2)
3)
4)

Why not, I’ll give filling in the blanks a shot too. (Assuming all base roster)

Original newcomers:

3. Bandana Dee
4. Elma
5. Simon
6. Dixie
7. Chorus Kids

Echoes:
2. Chrom
3. Isabelle
4. uhhhhh Dark Samus? Or Impa

Last edited:

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
The thing is that, with Ridley, every truly important Nintendo character has finally been added. People will argue that this is not true, and there are still other Nintendo characters that I want who aren't in the roster yet, but objectively speaking, relevant third party characters like Shadow, Sora, and Simon are the only ones that could create a lot of hype now. Just look at the reactions Cloud got compared to every Nintendo newcomer in Smash 4. Like it or not, we have officially reached the "bottom of the barrel" now.
Every truly important Nintendo character has been added? What about:

King K.Rool?

Dixie Kong?

Captain Toad? (regular Toad is part of Peachs and Daisys moveset)

More Xenoblade Chronicles? (Elma, and/or Rex and Pyra, if Rex and Pyra then most likely DLC)

Arms? (i know too new for base roster, most likely DLC if an Arms character gets in)

Gen7 Pokemon? (not that important as the others, but every smash always got a pokemon from newest gen. So in a way a gen7 pokemon is important as addition to the roster.)

D

Deleted member

Honestly if Chrom were to get in, Chrom should be an echo-version of Ike but slightly faster and less stronger.

Wanted to share this video from SMG4. It is a pretty funny video about how Waluigi is not a unique character with moveset potential. As someone that has spent some time making playstyles and movesets for certain newcomers people are not convinced to have uniqueness, this gave me plenty of laughs,
I never knew I would see a SMG4 video in a Smash Bros. Ultimate thread.
I actually really liked it. :p

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
You know, it seems weird Impa isn't mentioned more as an Echo. People seem to focus on characters that were present in past games and focus more on who's not here. But Impa to me is probably the most logical and obvious Echoes out there.

Before Smash Ultimate was revealed, there were two characters I wanted and expected as costumes/clones and they were Daisy and Impa.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

1) Inkling
2) Ridley
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)

1) Daisy
2)
3)
4)

Ooh, another roster fill-in game. I’ll try do do one that lots of people will like...

Unique Fighters
  1. Inkling
  2. Ridley
  3. King K. Rool
  4. Decidueye
  5. Bandana Dee
  6. Simon Belmont
  7. Dovahkiin
Echoes
  1. Daisy
  2. Impa
  3. Isabelle
  4. Dixie
And loads of DLC: Springman, Ashley, Rex...

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

1) Inkling
2) Ridley
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)

1) Daisy
2)
3)
4)

Since this is very close to what I'm expecting I'll put forth my idea of what's likely with a bit of wish list mixed in.

1) Inkling
2) Ridley
3) Mimikyu
4) Bandanna Dee
5) Rayman/Simon (I don't care)
6) Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven Rep)
7) And now for the controversial, Dixie Kong instead of King K. Rool. Sorry not convinced with a limited roster that we will get both and I think she's more likely.

1) Daisy
2) Impa
3) Isabelle
4) Dark Samus/Chrom. Either is possible/likely and both are unnecessary.

Anyway I'd be pleased with a Ridley & Mimikyu roster so the rest is whatever lol. But I do expect roughly this many newcomers and roughly that many echoes.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

For me:

1. Elma
2. Bandana Waddle Dee
3. Simon Belmont
4. Chorus Kids
5. Chrom
6. Dixie Kong
7. King K. Rool
8. Isabelle
9. Isaac
Just the characters I think are realistic, else I would've added Tails, Banjo, Lara and Leon.

1. Heihachi Mishima
2. Simon Belmont
3. Dixie Kong
4. King K. Rool
5. Decidueye
6. Dark Samus
7. Bandanna Dee
8. Impa
9. Chrom
10. Rayman

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion

1) Inkling
2) Ridley
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)

1) Daisy
2)
3)
4)

1) Inkling
2) Ridley
3) Geno
4) Porky
5) Simon Belmont
6) King K. Rool
7) Elma

1) Daisy
2) Isabelle
3) Medusa
4) Impa

Last edited:

Shadow Ops

Smash Rookie
I actually never did mine well here it is.

1) Inkling
2) Ridley
3) Elma
4) Geno
5) King K Rool
6) Simon
7) Celica

1) Daisy
2) Isabelle
3) Dark Samus
4) ???

I really think we're getting Geno this time around and well my controversial prediction is that were getting a another Fire Emblem character and no new Pokemon character until DLC. Just a hunch

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

For me:

1. Elma
2. Bandana Waddle Dee
3. Simon Belmont
4. Chorus Kids
5. Chrom
6. Dixie Kong
7. King K. Rool
8. Isabelle
9. Isaac
1. Chrom