• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I don't know what we talking in here about, All im gonna say s that it's possible for Shadow to be the Big 3rd Party Character...

What i mean is that while Simon and Geno are known, they aren't as known as my Boy Shadow

just theory, Just Prediction, Shadow for Smash, No Echo Shadow, Bring in the Chaos
I don't know why many people think Geno is likely in the first place. He couldn't even get into the Mario sports games that Square Enix developed.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Metal Sonic can't do Sonic's Up-throw.
Robo Quills

I can't be the only one who feels like Metal Sonic has slightly higher chances of being a Sonic echo as Shadow, right? Sonic Mania is very popular right now and has always been more popular than the most recent game that Shadow was in (Sonic Forces). I don't dislike either character, by the way.
Considering that both Mania and Forces came out in 2017, and project plan was late 2015, ehhh

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Tails is more deserving to be in Ultimate than Shadow imo
I agree. But if Sonic - or any 3rd Party series - gets another rep, it'll probably be an echo. And Shadow could work as a Sonic echo, while Tails would not.

Edit: Missed the part about them both being unique. Tails is obviously more deserving then. He is the Luigi to Sonic's Mario.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nice, I caught the reference.

I wouldn't mind that it'll be cool to have some female announcer voices too.

:ultsheik::ultlucina::ultcorrin::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultlucario::ultsonic::ultrosalina::ultzss::ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultmewtwo::ultpikachu::ulticeclimbers::ultinkling: in no particular order.
Did not expect anyone to pick Palutena
Well thats a matter of opinion, they weren't around during the development of ocarina

'Sheik is presented as, and seen by others, as a man. Ruto herself actually refers to Sheik as “a young man” and “him” when Link finds her in the Water Temple. Sheik’s lean, muscular body type and demeanor further support this claim'

For me that's definitive proof, Nintendo reps in America who have nothing to do with Ocarina can say what they want but disguised don't somehow give you muscles and make breasts disappear.
Thing is, regardless of whether or not they were involved in the characters creation, Nintendo reps like Bill are given info about characters that are true (so saying Sheik is a girl’s a matter of opinion is wrong). Also, Ruto being tricked into thinking Sheik is a make (something Zelda wanted many to think during this part of OoT) is not definitive proof compared to a Nintendo rep being told something by others something now obvious, and the boob thing...I assume you haven’t played Fire Emblem Awakening cause that’s way too easy to deal with for a woman under disguise...

...or read this quote from these fine heroes
Sheik is Zelda, so she's a woman regardless of her physical sex. As far as we know, Sheik wasn't anything more than a persona, so it doesn't effect Zelda's gender.
There are actually still people who think Sheik was really a man? Really? lmao
Sheik is literally wearing bandages around her chest in Ocarina of Time lol.
Tails is more deserving to be in Ultimate than Shadow imo
True, but Smash needs more real edgy characters
I agree. But if Sonic - or any 3rd Party series - gets another rep, it'll probably be an echo. And Shadow could work as a Sonic echo, while Tails would not.
or at the least an edgy semi clone

7NATOR

Smash Master
I don't understand what you're trying to say.
ummm..forget about it

I don't know why many people think Geno is likely in the first place. He couldn't even get into the Mario sports games that Square Enix developed.
Im just on the Geno band wagon to be honest. All i know is that i predict Shadow to be the big 3rd Party character. Because of this no echo prediction Shadow unique character for the fans

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Those are microgames he's barely in it. It's just a brand name he's not the star of those games.
There's a whole section of minigames in most WarioWare titles that's just "Wario". Like, all minigames will probably feature Wario or something related to it, and that's there since the very first game

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Sonic is not getting a second character
I agree. I really don't think Sakurai is going to cross that line. If Tails gets in, or even Shadow as an echo, then do we also get Ken, Ms. Pacman, etc., etc.

This is a Nintendo cross-over first and foremost. I believe Sakurai will keep 3rd Party characters as guests.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Sonic is not getting a second character
Y'all need to stop talking like you know everything, it's annoying as hell. Truth is, no one in this thread knows **** about this game. If you're gonna make a claim, back it up. If you're too lazy to back it up, then don't post.

EDIT: Thank you for editing your post to sound less like a jerk.

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Y'all need to stop talking like you know everything, it's annoying as hell. Truth is, no one in this thread knows **** about this game. If you're gonna make a claim, back it up. If you're too lazy to back it up, then don't post.
Again, edited almost immediately after to be more of a personal opinion.

I agree. I really don't think Sakurai is going to cross that line. If Tails gets in, or even Shadow as an echo, then do we also get Ken, Ms. Pacman, etc., etc.

This is a Nintendo cross-over first and foremost. I believe Sakurai will keep 3rd Party characters as guests.
^ Basically this though. I just don’t think guests in a Nintendo fighting game are going to start getting more than one a series.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
I believe Sakurai will keep 3rd Party characters as guests.
I just don’t think guests in a Nintendo fighting game are going to start getting more than one a series.
I mean, I agree, but can you really call Sonic a guest character when there are more Smash games with him included than there are without him included?
I was totally expecting him to not return after Brawl. And again after Smash 4. I was wrong both times. (But that could have just been me being pessimistic.)

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I mean, I agree, but can you really call Sonic a guest character when there are more Smash games with him included than there are without him included?
I was totally expecting him to not return after Brawl. And again after Smash 4. I was wrong both times. (But that could have just been me being pessimistic.)
I mean guest in the sense that he isn't a Nintendo character

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
but can you really call Sonic a guest character when there are more Smash games with him included than there are without him included?
Yes, because he's not owned by Nintendo.
Like seriously. I think Shadow as an echo fighter is super likely, but he's not suddenly not a 3rd party guest just because he's a mainstay in the series. SEGA still has to get involved to use him.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Just don't go down the dark side like every non-Yoshi fan before you has...
I won't :)
With her being able to attack, and counter, her specials getting tweaked, plus her improvements altogether, I have faith in her to rise up the rankings.
or at the least an edgy semi
I still think people are sleeping on Blaze she has potential to make the cut.

You're on a roll. despite how unlikely it would be for her to make it in, I'd main her. Freedom Planet looks like an amazing game.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Sonic can invite his Buddy Shadow over and they will both still be called Guests yeah. Having Shadow over for a ride doesn't mean Sonic is not a guest anymore

Also, predicting Shadow as the big 3rd party character. No Echo, His own Character, you guys can thank me later

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace

Thing is, regardless of whether or not they were involved in the characters creation, Nintendo reps like Bill are given info about characters that are true (so saying Sheik is a girl’s a matter of opinion is wrong). Also, Ruto being tricked into thinking Sheik is a make (something Zelda wanted many to think during this part of OoT) is not definitive proof compared to a Nintendo rep being told something by others something now obvious, and the boob thing...I assume you haven’t played Fire Emblem Awakening cause that’s way too easy to deal with for a woman under disguise...

...or read this quote from these fine heroes

True, but Smash needs more real edgy characters

or at the least an edgy semi clone
I'm pretty sure Sheik was intended to be a male in Japan; the same way Birdo was a boy. Manga etc.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
egg.png

Best 2nd Sonic rep coming through.

Sonic is pretty big as is, definitely more big than any of the other guests on the show. If any 3rd party series was to get another fighter, I'd place my bet on Sonic getting it. Any other series? Nah, Sonic would just be lucky if I'm being honest.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Are we really at the point where we need to look at third-party B-listers for new characters? I thought "they need to add third parties because there's no more notable Nintendo characters" was bull**** but this is a whole other level.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Are we really at the point where we need to look at third-party B-listers for new characters? I thought "they need to add third parties because there's no more notable Nintendo characters" was bull**** but this is a whole other level.
Who's a B-List 3rd Party character?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Sonic can invite his Buddy Shadow over and they will both still be called Guests yeah. Having Shadow over for a ride doesn't mean Sonic is not a guest anymore

Also, predicting Shadow as the big 3rd party character. No Echo, His own Character, you guys can thank me later
Would Shadow even create enough hype to be "the big" 3rd Party reveal? I'm probably a bit out of touch with Sonic since I haven't played a game in years, but wouldn't Tails or Knuckles or even Eggman create more hype since they're from the OG game?

7NATOR

Smash Master
Would Shadow even create enough hype to be "the big" 3rd Party reveal? I'm probably a bit out of touch with Sonic since I haven't played a game in years, but wouldn't Tails or Knuckles or even Eggman create more hype since they're from the OG game?
yeah, Shadow the Hedgehog is a well known character, 2nd most popular Sonic character. He'll create alot of hype

Shadow is pretty much the only non-OG Sonic character that would create hype

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They'd create the same amount of hype, what are you talkin' about? People would be stoked for Shadow at the same pace as if it was Tails.

also knuckles is an assist

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
The thing is that, with Ridley, every truly important Nintendo character has finally been added. People will argue that this is not true, and there are still other Nintendo characters that I want who aren't in the roster yet, but objectively speaking, relevant third party characters like Shadow, Sora, and Simon are the only ones that could create a lot of hype now. Just look at the reactions Cloud got compared to every Nintendo newcomer in Smash 4. Like it or not, we have officially reached the "bottom of the barrel" now.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Shadow literally was neck on neck with sonic in a popularity vote sega officially did this month

Shadow was only 50 votes away from winning but being so high up with sonic says alot

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
yeah, Shadow the Hedgehog is a well known character, 2nd most popular Sonic character. He'll create alot of hype

They'd create the same amount of hype, what are you talkin' about? People would be stoked for Shadow at the same pace as if it was Tails.

also knuckles is an assist
Shadow literally was neck on neck with sonic in a popularity vote sega officially did this month

Shadow was only 50 votes away from winning but being so high up with sonic says alot
Got it to all these. Didn’t mean to come off as snarky if I did. Just genuinely didn’t know how popular Shadow was outside of the Smash fandom, since I know he’s mainly talked about now as a potential echo. I just figured Tails and Eggman would be the big ones considering their status as the Luigi and Bowser of the series.

Interesting about the official Sega vote though

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Are we actually pretending that Tails and Shadow aren't popular characters?

I don't even want a 2nd Sonic character but that's blatantly false lmao.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion

Blaze can create the same hype as well too, and she is very well received just like Shadow is with two great selling games the Sonic Rush series. I agree that Shadow would be hyped (second to Blaze I want him in Smash), but to say he's the only non-OG Sonic character that create hype is a bit misleading.

Anyway don't want to message and bail, but I gotta hitting the hay. Send a reply and I'll get to it later good night.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Got it to all these. Didn’t mean to come off as snarky if I did. Just genuinely didn’t know how popular Shadow was outside of the Smash fandom, since I know he’s mainly talked about now as a potential echo. I just figured Tails and Eggman would be the big ones considering their status as the Luigi and Bowser of the series.

Interesting about the official Sega vote though
it's good

Honestly Shadow kinda throws the whole Mario analogy out the window. Because of his presence, i can't really consider Tails the Luigi of the Sonic Franchise when Shadow is so popular

Tails is still important and popular on his own still though

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Since when are Tails, Eggman and Shadow B-listers?

They're some of the most reconizable characters in gaming.

Sheesh. I don't think we're getting two characters for a 3rd party franchise but goodness, those characters are more recognizable then 90 percent of the cast.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Found a nifty little thing while "leak" hunting on GameFAQs. The creators of the roster "leak" where Isaac was a modded Roy came forward and talked about it. Thread link here, but I've also quoted it below:
Remember how there was a topic posted by @yukirinlove about the CSS that was leaked? The one that involved characters like K. Rool, Decidueye, Ashley, and Isaac? That was done by me and her. We were bored one day talking about stuff and decided to try and have some fun. (not like that)

She tried to find some renders and I was in charge of creating the CSS. Quick Q&A.

Q: You're missing (Falcon, Jigglypuff, Ganon, Lucas, etc)
A: Some rows were purposefully missed out but were always in the original image.

Q: Diddy comes before Lucas but is placed after?
A: For placements sake. Dixie was placed next to Diddy on the next row because I didn't want to break them up. Seems like such a Sakurai thing to do (i.e. Yoshi coming in-between the Mario characters, clone corner, etc)

Q: Isaac was a recolored Roy, no?
A: Indeed. He was always meant to be the first one to spot. We never wanted this to last but rather, have a short lifespan to see how long it took.

Q: Heihachi looks completely different from the others?
A: Heihachi is completely new, and posed in an external model program.

Q: There is no cursor over Ashley even though she's selected?
A: Yes. That was an oversight on my part. That is my bad. lol

Here's the full image:
https://i.imgtc.com/21iq5sV.png

I hope we didn't hurt anyone. We just wanted to have some fun and try our hands at our very first leak.

Hope y'all enjoyed. So many different characters I wanted to add but couldn't :(

This would've been my prediction roster as well but instead of Travis, I would've added Elma.

EDIT: I do understand I might get some **** for this but honestly, I had a great time with my bud and spent multiple hours on it so sorry about that.

Also for funsies, here's that K. Rool render I made. It's a heavily edited version of his trophy from SSB4.

https://i.imgtc.com/uzxjY1M.png

Made the skin darker and gave him his classic golden armor while also editing his eyes.

Big thank you to everyone who liked it. Genuinely went better than expected!

Thanks.

We [The two creators] made a bet to see how long the general consensus on it being fake was. I said more than two weeks. She said about a week.

I had to buy her dinner. :/ (RIP)
Props to Jeff_Mercer and his friend yukirinlove for giving us an image leak to break up the monotony of text leaks. If you guys had put more work into it it could've possibly been the Palutena leak of this speculation period. You get a star for effort though.
060-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom