• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

prowler12

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-7518-9066-3502
I’ve been thinking, and you know what would truly be amazing? An announcement for Isabelle in Ultimate coupled with an Animal Crossing Switch announcement! *sigh* a boy can dream can’t he...
my wish is that geno is revealed for smash fallowed by a super Mario RPG sequel

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Sonic designs are generally pretty good but they've probably ought to introduce more varied character designs in the future. Sonic is a pretty minimalist series when it comes to how much it builds up its world (not to say that isn't a good thing) but at this point they've gone a bit too far with trying to fit characters into the Sonic template and things can get really embarrassing when you make a lot of them look like that. In those Sonic comic books there are a ton of really boring background characters that either look samey and boring or try something new but look horrendous because it's still trying to fit into the Sonic template.
I was super annoyed in Forces when i saw those generic npc oc that were built in the character creator. They should just sticked with the pixar humans from Unleashed. Sadly Sonic fans who grew up watching garbage like SATAM hate seeing humans in Sonic despite that was always the canon in the games story and now thanks to them we have the "TWO WORLDS" garbage.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
I was super annoyed in Forces when i saw those generic npc oc that were built in the character creator. They should just sticked with the pixar humans from Unleashed. Sadly Sonic fans who grew up watching garbage like SATAM hate seeing humans in Sonic despite that was always the canon in the games story and now thanks to them we have the "TWO WORLDS" garbage.
Ugh don't remind me. I hate how they completely **** on all the world building done at that point. All the way up to Unleashed it was clear that there were humans in the world and for whatever reason they wanted to drop that idea. So now I guess Eggman is the only human because lol who cares and G.U.N.? Never heard of em. I thought Unleashed had the best style when it came to how the humans looked too. They all had wacky designs which fits because I never understood why he was the only jank looking human in the other games. sigh I just really miss the days when Sega and Sonic Team were ambitious with their games and story telling.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
My dream is an Ashley reveal, along with a showcase of a brand new Ashley Amiibo.
Wait that's not my dream, that's my prediction!

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Well if we're talking dreams, I want Captain Toad revealed with a sequel to his game slated for next year. I know his game just got ported but to all those, such as myself, who already bought the game on Wii U, I want a brand new experience with his games.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, Eggman was the only human for ages and there was no real way to know what was going on even then. It wasn't clear in the Sonic Adventure games either. Shadow the Hedgehog is actually the first 3D game to make it feel like the worlds are the same, oddly enough. Most of the time it just seemed more like Sonic visiting some areas. Besides that, the issue had nothing to do with the Sonic shows even then. It was basically putting humans together with anthro animals to begin with. Not everyone will think it "works" well. Considering Adventure 1 is the first real game to even remotely try to work it in, it was no surprise that Sonic X(the first show to even have two separate worlds in the first place), which was based upon the Dreamcast saga(up to somewhat Shadow the Hedgehog, as Season 3 is a loose adaption of it), couldn't tell either. Let's be honest, what humans did we see other than Eggman before Adventure 1? ...None. Because it wasn't even attempted. SATAM, meanwhile, had more than one human, same with AOSTH. In fact, these shows did a better job of trying to make it seem like humans other than Eggman/Robotnik exist. It's not the audiences' fault, it's Sega for doing a poor job in showing off other humans besides Eggman. And I do mean a poor job. Took till the major 3D games to even do so.

The issue is we don't actually see the regular species among the Sonic series consistently interact with tons of humans. It was always a majority of humans or majority of anthros. That's not really the fault of the shows or even the audience. That was just a problem with the way they handled the games and did little to try and make it clear(Unleashed isn't much better. In fact, no game does a good job of making it clear they coexist other than the very specific Sonic cast). You don't see other no-named Anthros and no-named humans consistently in one game, just one major amount and little of the other. I think the Comics did a decent job of fixing that at best, though. Hell, even Transformers, who many hate the humans of(cause they care more about the titular robots) do a way better job in explaining their coexistence(without using two worlds, it's just different planets in the same universe by design).

------------

As for my dream character, obviously Brian. Though honestly, having the Quest series revived would be even better overall. I mean, Mii costumes exist~

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Ugh don't remind me. I hate how they completely **** on all the world building done at that point. All the way up to Adventure it was clear that there were humans in the world and for whatever reason they wanted to drop that idea. So now I guess Eggman is the only human because lol who cares and G.U.N.? Never heard of em. I thought Unleashed had the best style when it came to how the humans looked too. They all had wacky designs which fits because I never understood why he was the only jank looking human in the other games. sigh I just really miss the days when Sega and Sonic Team were ambitious with their games and story telling.
Sonic fans, media, and penders are mostly to blame for cool things being taken away from the franchise.

Sonic characters having exaggerated expressions? Oshima the original creator of sonic was the animation director for adventure and thought it would be great if sonic was expressive, however fans disliked it and it was removed from games games going forward.

Awesome Super Sonic vs Giant gods? taken out because around 2008-9 fans were complaining that eggman wasn't villian anymore and that sonic should able to fight without needing super sonic

No more crush 40 and awesome anime rock songs? you can blame fans and journalist making the buttrock meme a thing

I was on websites like Sega forums and Sonic Stadium and believe it or not sega actually takes advice and that had consequences

Last edited:

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
In Sonic Forces is less that they're intentionally messing up the worldbuilding and moreso that they can reuse the assets from the character creator to have NPCs. It makes sense.

I can see why humans populating Sonic's planet can be disorienting for some people. Thematically, for the older games at least it makes sense for Eggman to look out of place in an animal world because he's destroying it with industrialism. Don't blame fans for anything, they just don't understand it at face value, and really it's up to the developers on how they want to use NPCs. I really appreciate how they're used in Sonic Adventure and Unleashed and in Forces the way they are makes sense with the premises the game has.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Sonic fans, media, and penders are mostly to blame for cool things being taken away from the franchise.

Sonic characters having exaggerated expressions? Oshima the original creator of sonic was the animation director for adventure and thought it would be great if sonic was expressive, however fans disliked it and it was removed from games games going forward.

Awesome Super Sonic vs Giant gods? taken out because around 2008-9 fans were complaining that eggman wasn't villian anymore and that sonic should able to fight without needing super sonic

No more crush 40 and awesome anime rock songs? you can blame fans and journalist making the buttrock meme a thing

I was on websites like Sega forums and Sonic Stadium and believe it or not sega actually takes advice and that had consequences
Yeah, I know. Sega takes advice from the fans but either misreads it or just take from the bad examples. Like having it so Sonic is the only playable character because of the "Sonic's ****ty Friends" meme. Them having Forces just be a Generations 2 but with literally none of the things that actually made Generations enjoyable. Them getting rid of Sonic having a more serious story for comedy that's not even remotely funny because people said that he wasn't edgy back in the classics. It's sad honestly. There was a video I watched called "Making Sonic Forces Again" which was well thought out and just made me angry to how Sega could have possibly ****ed up such a good premise. Anyways, Sonic rant over how about them smash brothers.

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
Well if we're talking dreams, I want Captain Toad revealed with a sequel to his game slated for next year. I know his game just got ported but to all those, such as myself, who already bought the game on Wii U, I want a brand new experience with his games.
If we're talking dreams. Custom Robo character with news of a new Custom Robo. Actual prediction, Belmont reveal

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman

These are good things. Sonic Forces was nothing but anime rock and it was awful. I am sick of rock music defining the series.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Honestly, Eggman was the only human for ages and there was no real way to know what was going on even then. It wasn't clear in the Sonic Adventure games either. Shadow the Hedgehog is actually the first 3D game to make it feel like the worlds are the same, oddly enough. Most of the time it just seemed more like Sonic visiting some areas. Besides that, the issue had nothing to do with the Sonic shows even then. It was basically putting humans together with anthro animals to begin with. Not everyone will think it "works" well. Considering Adventure 1 is the first real game to even remotely try to work it in, it was no surprise that Sonic X(the first show to even have two separate worlds in the first place), which was based upon the Dreamcast saga(up to somewhat Shadow the Hedgehog, as Season 3 is a loose adaption of it), couldn't tell either. Let's be honest, what humans did we see other than Eggman before Adventure 1? ...None. Because it wasn't even attempted. SATAM, meanwhile, had more than one human, same with AOSTH. In fact, these shows did a better job of trying to make it seem like humans other than Eggman/Robotnik exist. It's not the audiences' fault, it's Sega for doing a poor job in showing off other humans besides Eggman. And I do mean a poor job. Took till the major 3D games to even do so.

The issue is we don't actually see the regular species among the Sonic series consistently interact with tons of humans. It was always a majority of humans or majority of anthros. That's not really the fault of the shows or even the audience. That was just a problem with the way they handled the games and did little to try and make it clear(Unleashed isn't much better. In fact, no game does a good job of making it clear they coexist other than the very specific Sonic cast). You don't see other no-named Anthros and no-named humans consistently in one game, just one major amount and little of the other. I think the Comics did a decent job of fixing that at best, though. Hell, even Transformers, who many hate the humans of(cause they care more about the titular robots) do a way better job in explaining their coexistence(without using two worlds, it's just different planets in the same universe by design).
Bad communication between both SoJ and SoA are likely the reason for it, but on other hand to this day we still get complaints by people "saying ugh humans in sonic games?" and im genuily certain these are people who grew up on SATAM and that lame early archie penders stuff. Now it seems sega is erasing humans from existnce going by recent games and the IDW comics thanks to them.

Im just so tired

Sonic deserves better

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
To Sonic fans, is Colors any good? Been wanting to try it. For reference, I haven't really liked any Sonic games so far, though adventure 2 was decent

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
These are good things. Sonic Forces was nothing but anime rock and it was awful. I am sick of rock music defining the series.

I'm pretty accustomed to modern Sonic being the AMV of Video Games when it comes to main themes.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
I respectfully disagree. While I don't think that rock music defines the series, it is something that the games are known for and give it its identity. And honestly, Sonic Forces' music was bland as hell and that's not not the fault of the rock music. It's the fault of the composer which I don't even blame Ohtani for since he was basically the only composer outside of Jun Senoe with the guitar of the main theme, which I unironically love Fist Bump btw. Ever since Unleashed Ohtani has been the main composer for the games with Kenichi doing some songs as well. Over time without the creative input of other composers, it starts to wear down your creativity and you see this with Lost World and especially with Forces.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
To Sonic fans, is Colors any good? Been wanting to try it. For reference, I haven't really liked any Sonic games so far, though adventure 2 was decent
I'd say that out of the three (Unleashed, Colors, and Generations), Colors is the worst one in my opinion. While it can be fun, the game is loitered with 2D sections and annoying platforming that I'd hardly even call it a 3D Sonic game. While Unleashed is my favorite out of the three, I'd say that Generations is the best one to go for if you're unfamiliar to the series.
Bad communication between both SoJ and SoA are likely the reason for it, but on other hand to this day we still get complaints by people "saying ugh humans in sonic games?" and im genuily certain these are people who grew up on SATAM and that lame early archie penders stuff. Now it seems sega is erasing humans from existnce going by recent games and the IDW comics thanks to them.

Im just so tired

Sonic deserves better
I feel for you. I wouldn't be surprised if they outright just retcon everything before Colors in form of a new canon. Sucks that the world building has basically been obliterated but what can you do? Only thing I want from the series in term of Modern Sonic is to get rid of Classic, no one likes him in 3D, get fans to make the games because all of the good people have left Sonic Team in favor of other companies, and to get Ian Flynn as the writer for the games and have it tie in with the comics. Also pretty please get new models, we've had the same ones from Unleashed and they look outdated and dumb.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
wide difference between crush 40 rocking out live and learn while super sonic and shadow are flying around saving earth from lizard stuck to a fake moon or crush 40 performing "with me" while you fight a giant kaiju version of metal sonic

and well

Hoobastank

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'd say that out of the three (Unleashed, Colors, and Generations), Colors is the worst one in my opinion. While it can be fun, the game is loitered with 2D sections and annoying platforming that I'd hardly even call it a 3D Sonic game. While Unleashed is my favorite out of the three, I'd say that Generations is the best one to go for if you're unfamiliar to the series.
Colors is actually my favorite Sonic game.
It's also my only Sonic game but considering the series' reputation i'm not in a rush to try the others. I am a Mario boy, after all.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Im just so tired

Sonic deserves better
Seems more like an issue with how people prefer how the older games didn't concentrate on the humans, honestly. Not even Adventure 1 did this. The humans played a bigger role, but not severe. Same with Adventure 2. Again, this didn't happen till after Sonic X, which gave actual hateable humans like Chris.

Maybe the comics slightly did it, but I don't know why you're blaming the show when it had actual likable humans for what they were. Well-written and interesting, not one-note villains/heroes like we had in 06. Hell, the only human characters outside of Eggman worth noting in Adventure 1 and 2 were frankly Maria and Gerald. That was it. The rest were barely there and uninteresting. Shadow didn't have any notable ones either. G.U.N. wasn't even notable outside of, you know, existing. They had no real personality. Though Shadow's game slightly made one member worth caring about. Adventure 1 didn't really feature humans as majorly important either. Adventure 2 didn't have much either(with the President being about the only one notable at all, and he's barely a "feature" to begin with).

And my post got eaten earlier. Whoops.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Colors is actually my favorite Sonic game.
It's also my only Sonic game but considering the series' reputation i'm not in a rush to try the others. I am a Mario boy, after all.
That's perfectly fine. I never said that it was a bad game, just out of the three, it's the worst.

wide difference between crush 40 rocking out live and learn while super sonic and shadow are flying around saving earth from lizard stuck to a fake moon or crush 40 performing "with me" while you fight a giant kaiju version of metal sonic

and well

Hoobastank
Isn't With Me Sonic and the Black Knight vs Merlina? I think you're thinking of What I'm Made Of. Either way, I agree.

Last edited:

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
I respectfully disagree. While I don't think that rock music defines the series, it is something that the games are known for and give it its identity. And honestly, Sonic Forces' music was bland as hell and that's not not the fault of the rock music. It's the fault of the composer which I don't even blame Ohtani for since he was basically the only composer outside of Jun Senoe with the guitar of the main theme, which I unironically love Fist Bump btw. Ever since Unleashed Ohtani has been the main composer for the games with Kenichi doing some songs as well. Over time without the creative input of other composers, it starts to wear down your creativity and you see this with Lost World and especially with Forces.
It's just that whenever rock seems to be present in a Sonic soundtrack it DOMINATES most of the thing, and Jun Senoue just shouldn't be allowed to write songs for the series anymore. All his recent work has been pretty bad, my favourite moments being when he and Johnny ruined With Me and his bastardizations of Green Hill and Chemical Plant.

Ohtani does good work a lot of the time, Lost World had a cute soundtrack. I think Forces' soundtrack problems came down to it trying to replicate a crappy sound that don't even play to the composers strengths.

btw Ohtani wasn't that involved with Unleashed. It was mostly Fumie Kumatani and Kenichi Tokoi, with some involvement from others.

Colours is an okay platformer that is sometimes an abomination of game design. Play it if you like pretty environments and music that makes you feel nice and can tolerate weird controls.

but frankly if you're gonna play a sonic game you haven't before there is already a lot of required reading

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Seems more like an issue with how people prefer how the older games didn't concentrate on the humans, honestly. Not even Adventure 1 did this. The humans played a bigger role, but not severe. Same with Adventure 2. Again, this didn't happen till after Sonic X, which gave actual hateable humans like Chris.

Maybe the comics slightly did it, but I don't know why you're blaming the show when it had actual likable humans for what they were. Well-written and interesting, not one-note villains/heroes like we had in 06. Hell, the only human characters outside of Eggman worth noting in Adventure 1 and 2 were frankly Maria and Gerald. That was it. The rest were barely there and uninteresting. Shadow didn't have any notable ones either. G.U.N. wasn't even notable outside of, you know, existing. They had no real personality. Though Shadow's game slightly made one member worth caring about.Adventure 1 didn't really feature humans anyway seems silly. One guy is barely a "feature". Plus, those TV shows at least bothered to show more hum
to be fair I'd rather have Chris than ROTOR THE WALRUS or ANTOINE THE whatever that thing was.

Either way this isnt about humans being well written or whatever, this is an aesthetic thing. I just think the pixar humans fit well and were appealing and should be the typical NPC in sonic world.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
My dream is us getting new Smash Ultimate info that isn't music.

I heard it's one of the better games in recent Sonic history. Colors and Generations (Console edition) are the two that get the most praise.

Last edited:

blazefan519

Smash Ace
It's just that whenever rock seems to be present in a Sonic soundtrack it DOMINATES most of the thing, and Jun Senoue just shouldn't be allowed to write songs for the series anymore. All his recent work has been pretty bad, my favourite moments being when he and Johnny ruined With Me and his bastardizations of Green Hill and Chemical Plant.

Ohtani does good work a lot of the time, Lost World had a cute soundtrack. I think Forces' soundtrack problems came down to it trying to replicate a crappy sound that don't even play to the composers strengths.

btw Ohtani wasn't that involved with Unleashed. It was mostly Fumie Kumatani and Kenichi Tokoi, with some involvement from others.
Once again, I respectfully disagree. The only game where I feel like rock completely dominates the soundtrack is Sonic Adventure 2, and even then you had variants with Knuckles' Rap and Rouge's Jazz. I haven't heard their version of Green Hill and Chemical Plant but, I actually prefer their version of With Me than the original from Black Knight. I feel like it nails the unsettling factor even more than the original, which I still also love.

Ohtani does do good work, however there is a clear consensus on what most people believed the Lost World soundtrack to be, forgettable. Especially coming off of Generations, Colors, and Unleashed (my personal favorite Sonic Soundtrack). And I know Ohtani wasn't that involved in Unleashed, that's why I said after Colors, which was when he began to be the lead composer. (Edit: Looked at my original post and I do say after Unleashed, my bad. But I meant Colors)

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
That's perfectly fine. I never said that it was a bad game, just out of the three, it's the worst.

Isn't With Me Sonic and the Black Knight vs Merlina? I think you're thinking of What I'm Made Of. Either way, I agree.
oh yea got them mixed
both are great songs tho

Last edited by a moderator:

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
I haven't heard their version of Green Hill and Chemical Plant
the remixes from Generations

sonic 1 and 2's soundtracks had a very obvious pop/house inspiration and it pains me to see those songs wrecked by whatever the kids think is cool

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
to be fair I'd rather have Chris than ROTOR THE WALRUS or ANTOINE THE whatever that thing was.

Either way this isnt about humans being well written or whatever, this is an aesthetic thing. I just think the pixar humans fit well and were appealing and should be the typical NPC in sonic world.
To be honest, Unleashed's humans weren't all that great either. They were better than 06, but that's not saying much. They were good for their time, but really are that outdated design-wise. The game should move on. Without trying to split the worlds again, anyway.

Though I'll be honest, Chris is a terrible character that is very difficult to like till the 3rd season. Rotor was very likable for actually doing something useful most of the time without whining. Antoine was called out on his bull**** constantly, which made him easily more likable than Chris, who the story catered to too damn much without doing anything to make him learn from his mistakes. That said, I'm not sure who I dislike more, Chris or Elise. They're both really awful characters, though it's more the story that makes Elise terrible, as her personality is actually... stereotypical but otherwise a bit more justified in her actions. It's not like she asked to be kidnapped, so yeah, that's more "finding dumb things for Sonic to do while Shadow and Silver work their tails off to save the day".

blazefan519

Smash Ace
the remixes from Generations

sonic 1 and 2's soundtracks had a very obvious pop/house inspiration and it pains me to see those songs wrecked by whatever the kids think is cool
Oh that's what you meant. Yeah, gonna disagree with that too. Only remix in Generations that I'm not particularly fond of is Planet Wisp,

Personal opinion incoming but, never really cared for 1 and 2's soundtrack, more so 1 over 2. 3&K and CD JP and USA have some of my favorite soundtracks of all time.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
what are you kids listening to these days...
I know you're being sarcastic but I'll give an actual response cuz why not. Orchestral is my personal favorite genre of music so typically stuff like that. VGM which comes in many sort of arrangements, I typically enjoy as well. Hideki Naganuma's Sonic Rush Soundtrack is one of my all time favs along with Mario Galaxy's and Super Smash Brother's Brawl Main theme for capturing that Orchestral quality that I love. Rock and Jazz follow right behind with my least favorite being Pop and Country.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
One more session before I go to bed.
Hello, I have some information on a Nintendo Direct that will happen on August 3rd. You may have seen many leaks and have stopped believing them, but in time you will find this to be true.
The Direct will start off with 3DS headlines.
-Super Paper Mario will be ported to the 3DS as well as the Switch.
-Pokemon Quest will be revealed for the 3DS and will be available from the eShop the day of the Direct
-Waluigi DLC will be announced for WarioWare Gold
-Kirby's Dreamland 1, 2, and 3 will be put in 1 package and put on the 3DS
Switch headlines are next.
-Sarasaland and Isle Delfino DLC are announced for Super Mario Odyssey
-Roblox will be revealed to get a Switch release
-Splatoon 1 is being ported to the Switch
-Portal 1 and 2 are being put in 1 package and ported to the Switch
-We will get new information on Yoshi. It will be called Yoshi: The Flipside and a trailer will be shown off as well as a release date of September 28th, 2018
Next more information on Super Smash Bros Ultimate will be revealed
-Marx from the Kirby series will be revealed as a new fighter in a trailer that will also reveal Geno and Rayman as new fighters. -Bandana Waddle Dee will be revealed as an Assist Trophy.
-A cutscene form a new Story Mode will be shown off to end the Direct

>Roblox port for Switch
>Splatoon 1 port for Switch when Splatoon 2 is alive and healthy
I work at Nintendo and I am at Las Vegas right now with a few others setting up the Nintendo Smash Bros. Booths for Melee, Ultimate, and such. I got to play a couple matches with my co-workers and here’s some interesting tidbits;

{Heihachi is in the game along with a Dragon’s Nest Stage and it appears with Tekken 5 and 7 design. Seems to be a combination.}
{The Battlefield variant of Final Destination is replaced with Suzaku Castle (Street Fighter.}
{Fox, Zelda, Mewtwo, Ike, Solid Snake, Bayonetta, Ridley are gone.}
{Yoshi, Wolf, R.O.B, Toon Link, Wii Fit Trainer, Heihachi are in.}
{You can turn off items this build.}
{Multiple stages got switched in and out.}
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, I am part of a team sent by Nintendo of America to hel get Super Smash Bros. Melee, Wii U, and Ultimate ready for EVO. I’m not going to reveal who I am, but if I do get fired at least I leaked some news for those hungry fans. Anyways first off, the Smash Ultimate demo this time around is an updated build. This build is basically the same as the one from E3 and other places except now there is a change in the character select screen and stage select. Here are the changes:
Removed characters from E3 build:
-Fox
-Zelda
-Mewtwo
-Ike
-Snake
-Bayonetta
-Ridley

Added Characters
-Yoshi
-Toon Link
-Wolf
-R.O.B
-WiiFit Trainer
-Heihachi

Removed stages from E3 build:
-Final Destination (Battle Field)
-Princess Peach’s Castle
-Green Greens
-Prism Tower
-Skyworld
-Green Hill Zone
-New Pork City

Added Stages:
-Final Destination (Suzaku Castle)
-Peach’s Castle (64)
-Dreamland (64)
-Kalos League
-Dragon’s Nest
-Windy Hill Zone
-Wrecking Crew

I put two leaks into one spoiler since it's the same information. I doubt that they'd remove Snake and Ridley from the demo, as they're two of the biggest new characters in Smash Ultimate, but we'll see if this one is true soon enough.
Hello. I am here today to discuss Super smash Brothers Ultimate. I am bringing you some information that Nintendo doesn't want to be leaked publicly.

For starters, what Sakurai said is true. There won't be many new characters, but fans of Xenoblade Chronicles X, the Generation 7 of Pokemon games, and the Castlevania series can all rejoice as Elma, Decidueye, and Simon Belmont respectively will be added as playable characters.

DLC is still being discussed, and two characters in particular that are being heavily discussed is Rex (with Pyra and Mythra) from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Spring Man from ARMS.

My source did mention some moves for the characters. Elma will fight using her Dual Guns and Dual Swords and be more of a combo fighter.

Decidueye will be a long ranged fighter, primarily using his leaves and arrows for zoning.

Simon Belmont will also act like Decidueye, just using his whips for zoning tools.

New stages:

Elma will be getting a new stage much like Decidueye and Simon will. Her stage will be based on Noctilum.

Decidueye's stage will be a transporting stage that brings you to the four Islands of Alola, along with the Aether Foundation. The Ultra Beasts will act as Stage Hazards.

Finally, Simon's stage will of course be Dracula's Castle. And it will be like a stage we've never seen before. It will play more like a Subspace Emissary level from Super Smash Brothers. Brawl than a Smash Bros. stage. At the very end is Dracula. If a player defeats him, the stage will loop and start from the very first level.

Fans of Fire Emblem Fates can rejoice. The new Lost in Thoughts remix is only but one of the songs available to select from on a new stage based on Valla from Fire Emblem Fates: Revelations. Other song options include Alight (Storm) and A Dark Fall (Fire).

No K. Rool or Dixie Kong? I don't even like him that much but I'd be disappointed for the fans of Donkey Kong that wouldn't have gotten new content for two games now.
What I hear is that there will be one Nintendo Direct around August which will showcase the start Screen all the way to the menu options. Tournament Mode will be shown and two other modes beside the All-Star Mode. Of those two modes, one is completely new and will be the primary way to unlock new characters.

I’ll keep you posted if I know anything else...

This is a continuation of loz18's August Direct "leak," where he says that an August Direct exists and nothing else. It's not much, but it's worth mentioning.
I just received 100% confirmed news today about not just newcomers to the Smash bros series, but details about their movesets, stages and more!

The first character is none other than King K. Rool. He is referred to in game simply as "K. Rool". He only uses his pirate costume as his moveset is primarily based around DKC2. His color swaps are skin and outfit colors to reference other Kremlings including a darker green, lighter green, orangeish-yellow, brown and a gray skin color swap.

As I mentioned he draws most of his inspiration from DKC2 because it was the easiest to come up with a moveset for. I do not have many details but I am told his gun shoots cannonballs or gas depending on what is inhaled by it. energy projectiles create gas, while items and physical projectiles become cannonballs. To inhale is his neutral special, and to fire is side special.

there is also a remixed version of the boss fight for DKC3 in the game though I doubt it is a stage option as he does receive a stage in the form of Gangplank Galleon. It is assumed that these decisions were made to still represent his appearances in the other games despite not having alternate costumes.

Sadly I do not know his final smash at this time. But I have been told the character is very expressive as you would expect from DK or Dedede.

Dixie Kong is a semi-clone in the game. Her grabs utilize her hair and she uses it as a horizontal recovery option which is a ponytail twirl attack on the ground. Otherwise she is like Diddy but with some stat and launch changes. Even her barrel recovery is the same.

Her color swaps are similar to Diddy and DK with her clothes and fur color changing while her hair color only has minor shade changes with one exception.

My source also did not have a timeline for a reveal.

Contrarily to leak 4, I'd be happy for DK fans because they finally have the representation they want so they can move on to the next character to circlejerk.
Alright /v/, here's another drop in the bucket. But you'll see when the time comes.

Only three more new characters are coming:
>King K. Rool
>Isaac
>Geno

But there will be a ****-ton of echos. The following characters will get echos:
>Samus
>Captain Falcon
>Ike
>Diddy Kong
>Sonic
>Mega Man
>Pac-Man
>Ryu
>Bayonetta
>Inkling

Trophies can be collected through the lottery, Coin Launcher or Trophy Rush.

Classic, All-Star, Events, Home-run Contest, Break the Targets, Target Blast, Multi-Man Smash, Boss Battles, Special Orders, Smash Run and Smash Tour are all returning.

There will be a new story mode, similar to Subspace Emissary, but with a different title.

I'm gonna put a video of Elmo singing Africa by Toto because this leak has no substance to it.
Hey guys, I recently found out that a relative of mine that I haven't seen in years works for Nintendo, I asked him about smash ultimate but he said he wouldn't tell me anything, eventually I bothered him enough to get something out of him, he said a new character will be revealed in the first week of august along with a new echo fighter but there wouldn't be any new game aspects like new levels being revealed or story mode. He could definitely just be ****ing with me to get me to stop asking him so take this with a grain of salt but he kept telling me not to post this anywhere because if it got leaked he could lose his job.

This one sounds somewhat real, because it's what a relative would say to shut an annoying relative up.
Source: Was annoying relative.
Hello, I am a developer of the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, I am here to tell you a few things about the upcoming Smash Ultimate, There will be six newcomers and two echo fighters, those being King K Rool, Geno, Skull Kid, Ashley, Isaac and Bandanna Waddle Dee, The two echo fighters will be Dark Samus and Hilda. All modes are returning including adventure mode, Adventure Mode is being developed by an unknown company so it is expected to be bigger and better than Brawl's Subspace Emissary.

Adventure Mode being developed by another company is an interesting concept, as two different teams/companies would be working on the same game, with the team we know working on the characters and stages, and the other team working solely on the story mode. Otherwise this is the same old "leak" tropes, so here's Brawl Taunts since that was brought up earlier.

Also, just so you guys know, someone made a photoshop of the Smash demo running on a handheld Switch. It is fake.
Image link here

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Anyways, one more session before I go to bed.
Hello, I have some information on a Nintendo Direct that will happen on August 3rd. You may have seen many leaks and have stopped believing them, but in time you will find this to be true.
-Pokemon Quest will be revealed for the 3DS and will be available from the eShop the day of the Direct
-We will get new information on Yoshi. It will be called Yoshi: The Flipside and a trailer will be shown off as well as a release date of September 28th, 2018
-Marx from the Kirby series will be revealed as a new fighter in a trailer that will also reveal Geno and Rayman as new fighters. -Bandana Waddle Dee will be revealed as an Assist Trophy.

>Roblox port for Switch
I work at Nintendo and I am at Las Vegas right now with a few others setting up the Nintendo Smash Bros. Booths for Melee, Ultimate, and such. I got to play a couple matches with my co-workers and here’s some interesting tidbits;

{Heihachi is in the game along with a Dragon’s Nest Stage and it appears with Tekken 5 and 7 design. Seems to be a combination.}
{The Battlefield variant of Final Destination is replaced with Suzaku Castle (Street Fighter.}
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, I am part of a team sent by Nintendo of America to hel get Super Smash Bros. Melee, Wii U, and Ultimate ready for EVO. I’m not going to reveal who I am, but if I do get fired at least I leaked some news for those hungry fans. Anyways first off, the Smash Ultimate demo this time around is an updated build. This build is basically the same as the one from E3 and other places except now there is a change in the character select screen and stage select. Here are the changes:
-Fox
-Zelda
-Mewtwo
-Ike
-Snake
-Bayonetta
-Ridley

Added Characters
-Yoshi
-Toon Link
-Wolf
-R.O.B
-WiiFit Trainer
-Heihachi

-Princess Peach’s Castle
-Green Greens
-Prism Tower
-Skyworld
-Green Hill Zone
-New Pork City

Added Stages:
-Peach’s Castle (64)
-Dreamland (64)
-Kalos League
-Dragon’s Nest
-Windy Hill Zone
-Wrecking Crew

I put two leaks into one spoiler since it's the same information. I doubt that they'd remove Snake and Ridley from the demo, as they're two of the biggest new characters in Smash Ultimate, but we'll see if this one is true soon enough.
Hello. I am here today to discuss Super smash Brothers Ultimate. I am bringing you some information that Nintendo doesn't want to be leaked publicly.

For starters, what Sakurai said is true. There won't be many new characters, but fans of Xenoblade Chronicles X, the Generation 7 of Pokemon games, and the Castlevania series can all rejoice as Elma, Decidueye, and Simon Belmont respectively will be added as playable characters.

DLC is still being discussed, and two characters in particular that are being heavily discussed is Rex (with Pyra and Mythra) from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Spring Man from ARMS.

My source did mention some moves for the characters. Elma will fight using her Dual Guns and Dual Swords and be more of a combo fighter.

Decidueye will be a long ranged fighter, primarily using his leaves and arrows for zoning.

Simon Belmont will also act like Decidueye, just using his whips for zoning tools.

New stages:

Elma will be getting a new stage much like Decidueye and Simon will. Her stage will be based on Noctilum.

Decidueye's stage will be a transporting stage that brings you to the four Islands of Alola, along with the Aether Foundation. The Ultra Beasts will act as Stage Hazards.

Finally, Simon's stage will of course be Dracula's Castle. And it will be like a stage we've never seen before. It will play more like a Subspace Emissary level from Super Smash Brothers. Brawl than a Smash Bros. stage. At the very end is Dracula. If a player defeats him, the stage will loop and start from the very first level.

Fans of Fire Emblem Fates can rejoice. The new Lost in Thoughts remix is only but one of the songs available to select from on a new stage based on Valla from Fire Emblem Fates: Revelations. Other song options include Alight (Storm) and A Dark Fall (Fire).

No K. Rool or Dixie Kong? I don't even like him that much but I'd be disappointed for the fans of Donkey Kong that wouldn't have gotten new content for two games now.
What I hear is that there will be one Nintendo Direct around August which will showcase the start Screen all the way to the menu options. Tournament Mode will be shown and two other modes beside the All-Star Mode. Of those two modes, one is completely new and will be the primary way to unlock new characters.

This is a continuation of loz18's August Direct "leak," where he says that an August Direct exists and nothing else. It's not much, but it's worth mentioning.
I just received 100% confirmed news today about not just newcomers to the Smash bros series, but details about their movesets, stages and more!

The first character is none other than King K. Rool. He is referred to in game simply as "K. Rool". He only uses his pirate costume as his moveset is primarily based around DKC2. His color swaps are skin and outfit colors to reference other Kremlings including a darker green, lighter green, orangeish-yellow, brown and a gray skin color swap.

As I mentioned he draws most of his inspiration from DKC2 because it was the easiest to come up with a moveset for. I do not have many details but I am told his gun shoots cannonballs or gas depending on what is inhaled by it. energy projectiles create gas, while items and physical projectiles become cannonballs. To inhale is his neutral special, and to fire is side special.

there is also a remixed version of the boss fight for DKC3 in the game though I doubt it is a stage option as he does receive a stage in the form of Gangplank Galleon. It is assumed that these decisions were made to still represent his appearances in the other games despite not having alternate costumes.

Sadly I do not know his final smash at this time. But I have been told the character is very expressive as you would expect from DK or Dedede.

Dixie Kong is a semi-clone in the game. Her grabs utilize her hair and she uses it as a horizontal recovery option which is a ponytail twirl attack on the ground. Otherwise she is like Diddy but with some stat and launch changes. Even her barrel recovery is the same.

Her color swaps are similar to Diddy and DK with her clothes and fur color changing while her hair color only has minor shade changes with one exception.

Contrarily to leak 4, I'd be happy for DK fans because they finally have the representation they want.
Alright /v/, here's another drop in the bucket. But you'll see when the time comes.

>King K. Rool
>Isaac
>Geno

>Samus
>Captain Falcon
>Ike
>Diddy Kong
>Sonic
>Mega Man
>Pac-Man
>Ryu
>Bayonetta
>Inkling

Classic, All-Star, Events, Home-run Contest, Break the Targets, Target Blast, Multi-Man Smash, Boss Battles, Special Orders, Smash Run and Smash Tour are all returning.

There will be a new story mode, similar to Subspace Emissary, but with a different title.

I'm gonna put a video of Elmo singing Africa by Toto because this leak has no substance to it.
Hey guys, I recently found out that a relative of mine that I haven't seen in years works for Nintendo, I asked him about smash ultimate but he said he wouldn't tell me anything, eventually I bothered him enough to get something out of him, he said a new character will be revealed in the first week of august along with a new echo fighter but there wouldn't be any new game aspects like new levels being revealed or story mode. He could definitely just be ****ing with me to get me to stop asking him so take this with a grain of salt but he kept telling me not to post this anywhere because if it got leaked he could lose his job.

This one sounds somewhat real, because it's what a sibling would say to shut someone up.
Hello, I am a developer of the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, I am here to tell you a few things about the upcoming Smash Ultimate, There will be six newcomers and two echo fighters, those being King K Rool, Geno, Skull Kid, Ashley, Isaac and Bandanna Waddle Dee, The two echo fighters will be Dark Samus and Hilda. All modes are returning including adventure mode, Adventure Mode is being developed by an unknown company so it is expected to be bigger and better than Brawl's Subspace Emissary.

Adventure Mode being developed by another company is an interesting concept, as two different teams/companies would be working on the same game, with the team we know working on the characters and stages, and the other team working solely on the story mode. Otherwise this is the same old leak, so here's Brawl Taunts since that was brought up earlier.

Also, just so you guys know, someone made a photoshop of the Smash demo running on a handheld Switch. It is fake.
Image link here
Okay, I appreciate that one of those leaks thinks that Yoshi would be added in a later demo, but why would they take away Fox?

blazefan519

Smash Ace
One more session before I go to bed.

>Roblox port for Switch

-Fox
-Zelda
-Mewtwo
-Ike
-Snake
-Bayonetta
-Ridley

Added Characters
-Yoshi
-Toon Link
-Wolf
-R.O.B
-WiiFit Trainer
-Heihachi

-Princess Peach’s Castle
-Green Greens
-Prism Tower
-Skyworld
-Green Hill Zone
-New Pork City

Added Stages:
-Peach’s Castle (64)
-Dreamland (64)
-Kalos League
-Dragon’s Nest
-Windy Hill Zone
-Wrecking Crew

New stages:

Contrarily to leak 4, I'd be happy for DK fans because they finally have the representation they want so they can move on to the next character to circlejerk.

>King K. Rool
>Isaac
>Geno

>Samus
>Captain Falcon
>Ike
>Diddy Kong
>Sonic
>Mega Man
>Pac-Man
>Ryu
>Bayonetta
>Inkling

This one sounds somewhat real, because it's what a relative would say to shut an annoying relative up.
Source: Was annoying relative.

Adventure Mode being developed by another company is an interesting concept, as two different teams/companies would be working on the same game, with the team we know working on the characters and stages, and the other team working solely on the story mode. Otherwise this is the same old "leak" tropes, so here's Brawl Taunts since that was brought up earlier.

Image link here
Oof how many leaks are there? They all seem fake as hell but props to you for keeping track of them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom