• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Star Fox should try and pick and mix the parts of games across the series that worked and not just jump back to step one every time they get stumped.

It's like watching someone's first Webcomic get constantly rebooted.

prowler12

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-7518-9066-3502
i have only played one star fox game it was the star fox 64 remake for the 3ds

D

Deleted member

It was worse. Much worse.
Thank goodness I missed that mess.
Whew. I hope everyone is okay.

Either way, I think Chrom is quite likely.

I think Sakurai could be pulling off something with this. Maybe that was his plan!
Plus... Echo-fighters. Yep.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
That reminds me, if thyy ever make a N64 Classic they had better put Dinosaur Planet on that thing.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
That reminds me, if thyy ever make a N64 Classic they had better put Dinosaur Planet on that thing.
I doubt Nintendo have access to that but who knows?

Animal Crossing 64 sounds more plausible, though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think Star Fox should try and pick and mix the parts of games across the series that worked and not just jump back to step one every time they get stumped.

Yeah, doing remakes of Star Fox 64 over and over will just end up proving to people that they can never progress beyond that. I'd even take Good-Feel making a SF sequel with puppet-like aesthetics if it actually gets people to care.

Alright, here goes. While the specials are based off of the robot, all the other attacks are based off of the other Labo sets.

Neutral Special: Laser Eyes- A projectile attack that can be charged as well as angled. What's unique about the lasers is they will bounce off of surfaces they touch. The lasers would have a reticle showing where they end up as well, allowing you to aim them.

Side Special: Buildings Chuck- Like it sounds, Labo Bot would pick up a small building and chuck it at his opponents. It would be an incredibly slow projectile, but very powerful. Occasionally, a tree or even a bus will be in place of the building.

Up Special: UFO Probe- A UFO appears and probes the bot upwards. Although slow, the bot can move freely while probed. He is invulnerable while in the ufo's ray and others will take damage if they touch it. Unlike most recoveries, if the UFO is hit, it will actually speed up and help the bot recover faster. However, if it takes too much damage, it will explode and the bot will be helpless.

Down Special: Form Shift- Here is where the bot really shines. With this attack, the bot shifts into a compact, more mobile form, allowing him to move MUCH faster at the expense of less power. In addition, all the normals/aerials/smashes will be different as well. This allows the Labo bot to be a very customizable character during battle, making him feel like a real transformer.

Normals:

Standing Form:

Jab: A one-two punch that produces some comic-like sound effects based off of the bot set.

F-Tilt: The fishing hook from the fishing set is swung in a downward motion, with the hook being the most powerful.

U-Tilt: An Upward punch with the same effects.

D-Tilt: The creature from the house set rolls slightly forward into the opponent.

Smashes: Functioning slightly like Bayo's smashes, each Smash has the different knobs from the house set jutting in whatever direction you're attacking. The main difference being there is a lot of start up and the knobs have a hitbox while charging.

Dash Attack: The Laboman dashes ahead of the bot causing damage.

Aerials:

N-Air: A UFO circles around the bot dealing damage.

F-Air: The UFO shoots a beam forward.

B-Air: The UFO shoots a beam backward.

U-Air: The UFO shoots a beam upward.

D-Air: The UFO shoots a beam downward, slightly propelling the bot upward.

Compact Form:

Normals:

Jab: A short range beam is shot out from the bot's eyes dealing minimal damage.

F-Tilt: The bot kicks up dust, causing damage.

U-Tilt: A large music note pops out of the bot.

D-Tilt: The bot will sink to the ground, causing the tires to jut out and deal damage,

Smashes: The different faces from the piano set will appear and slam in the different directions, having different sound effects for each.

Aerials:

Same as Normal Stance, just quicker and weaker.

Grab/Pummel: A UFO will probe the opponent, acting similarly to Pacman's grab. For Pummel, the bot will hit the opponent several times with his fist. For each throw, the UFO will probe the opponent again and then launch them in the desired direction.

Final Smash: Mega Bot: The bot will grow to supersize and then jump in the foreground. A cardboard visor will cover some of the screen like in the set, and you get to choose where to shoot lasers at you right opponents.

And there you go, sorry it took so long. I know it's not near as good as someone like Opossum's movesets, but I tried. Actually, I have several moveset ideas, so, to bide time, how would everyone feel with me posting a character moveset daily for a while?
Seems like a good idea.

Was Dinosaur Planet fully completed like Star Fox 2 was?
It would be interesting to see a completed playable version, if so. Even Super Battletoads for the Game Boy had a completed ROM.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Are we talking about Assault?
More Assault content in Smash would be interesting.
I was disappointed that despite getting an Assault stage in Smash 4 we didn't get much more tracks then Brawl had of Assault. Star Fox Assault had absolutely the best soundtrack of the franchise even if you weren't necessarily fond of the on-ground gameplay.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Does it bother anyone else that Rouge the Bat doesn't have arm wings like Ray or those bird guys from Sonic Riders?

I mean the boobies never got to me, but the succubus wings legit don't make sense.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Does it bother anyone else that Rouge the Bat doesn't have arm wings like Ray or those bird guys from Sonic Riders?

I mean the boobies never got to me, but the succubus wings legit don't make sense.
I’m never bothered by Rouge...she has street cred

blazefan519

Smash Ace

I mean the Sonic designs aren't exactly known for being accurate to the animal it's supposed to be so I never really cared.

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice

Branching paths like 64, air-to-ground combat sandboxes like Assault, maybe some larger strategizing like Command but in real time and larger battles. And a post-game Star Wolf mode

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
*AUX CALL PUSH SELECT*

Snake: Otacon, have I ever told you how much I hate monkeys? I only realized that a few minutes ago when I started fighting Diddy Kong...

Otacon: Is he really giving you that hard of a time? I mean you did fight him previously...

Snake: AGH! Stop jumping around all over the place! Get back here! He won't stop fooling around!

Otacon: I mean he is a chimpanzee, so he's obviously pretty agile and light, especially compared to you. And he's "fooling around" because that's what any other monkey would normally do.

Snake: So that's how you wanna be, huh? Bananas? Have some grapes instead! And don't forget to remove that stem at the top!

Otacon: Really, Snake? He's smart enough to know that your grenades aren't food! That is, unless you painted them purple or something...

Pakky

Smash Hero
I mean the Sonic designs aren't exactly known for being accurate to the animal it's supposed to be so I never really cared.
What bothers me is that she's the only one with wings like that...

Like in the whole series as far as I know...

It keeps me up at night, I wish I was joking...

Also, Majora being the biggest threat in Zelda.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

it was really stupid of them to get rid of Jets wing hands and bird feet

Jet-the-Hawk-Character-Sketches.png

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
it was really stupid of them to get rid of Jets wing hands and bird feet

View attachment 154680
Like yeah, Rouge is a freak when you think about it, she has six limbs like Charmy or something...

Also, Charmy is Bee... The only bug in the series?

Why?

I mean none of this really means anything but its just weird that Mario and all of the weird nonsense there is oddly consistent...

Whereas in Sonic, things are kinda random and or not all put together very well from an art perspective, at least in the 3D era.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Don't you hate it when your 2 hour nap becomes 8 and now you gotta go through the whole night mega woke

EDIT: Don't you hate when you mistake the social for the official and now you can't even read. I'm really tired. :roll:

What bothers me is that she's the only one with wings like that...

Like in the whole series as far as I know...

It keeps me up at night, I wish I was joking...

Also, Majora being the biggest threat in Zelda.
Didn't Hilda want to pretty much destroy the entire Hyrule realm for themselves?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Y'know, I just had a thought:

Do you guys think that Nintendo won't do a pre-load for Ultimate because of inevitable data mining? I've been grabbing all of my Switch games digital only now (mainly for the convenience), so I'd be kinda bummed if they didn't, lol.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Also to add to this weird tangent I'm on Eggman kinda always matters and never truly loses.

Despite wielding all these space horrors he doesn't get got... like not once.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Like yeah, Rouge is a freak when you think about it, she has six limbs like Charmy or something...

Also, Charmy is Bee... The only bug in the series?

Why?

I mean none of this really means anything but its just weird that Mario and all of the weird nonsense there is oddly consistent...

Whereas in Sonic, things are kinda random and or not all put together very well from an art perspective, at least in the 3D era.
Rouge design is great. Shes just got an appealing designs and fits the female thief type character design (Fujiko Mine, Doronjo) well

Id say most of the modern designs are fine. People are too hard on them because of the quality of the games but they are mostly fun designs.

Shadow, Blaze, Rouge, Vector, Cream, Sticks, Gamma, Big, Tikal, Chaos, Chao and Omega are great

Espio and Jet are too close to sonic and need more oomph in there design

Inifinte, Silver, Marine (Sticks did her design concept better) and Deadly Six are eh

People complain a lot about Shadow but his design is genuinely good and slick. He has a lot of great visual cues, the gold aura, the red eyes, It was really clever to not just make a red hedgehog, but a black one with red marks, which gives him the red contrast, but a black silhouette. In addition the idea of making him move like a skater adds sense of weight to his movement. The most genius thing about Shadows design is that hes based off of whats cool from the 2000s to parallel Sonic being whats cool from the 90s. Hes the perfect doppleganger for Sonic. SA2 is filled with so many pop culture references like Got Rings, Nike, SOAP Shoes, or movie posters based off Armageddon and Evangelion and Both Sonic and Shadow are time capsules of pop culture from a different era and both capture the era's they originated perfectly.

In comparison espio is just a purple sonic thats uh a ninja? and Silver is just trunks as a hedgehog and nothing else really memorable in comparison.

Last edited:

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Sonic designs are generally pretty good but they've probably ought to introduce more varied character designs in the future. Sonic is a pretty minimalist series when it comes to how much it builds up its world (not to say that isn't a good thing) but at this point they've gone a bit too far with trying to fit characters into the Sonic template and things can get really embarrassing when you make a lot of them look like that. In those Sonic comic books there are a ton of really boring background characters that either look samey and boring or try something new but look horrendous because it's still trying to fit into the Sonic template.

Last edited:

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
I’ve been thinking, and you know what would truly be amazing? An announcement for Isabelle in Ultimate coupled with an Animal Crossing Switch announcement! *sigh* a boy can dream can’t he...

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I’ve been thinking, and you know what would truly be amazing? An announcement for Isabelle in Ultimate coupled with an Animal Crossing Switch announcement! *sigh* a boy can dream can’t he...
Oh, you want to know MY delusional wish? A trailer of Boshi in Smash followed by a reveal of him in the new Yoshi game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom